Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default McRib Quest

Yes, I'm planning to do it. I am going to find a McRib sandwich and
cross my fingers it's just like it used to be: A real piece of rib
meat minus the bone. There were actual pockets where the bone used to
be; it wasn't that pathetic ground pork patty with fake grill marks
they tried to pass off as a McRib later on - but at 29 grams of fat, I
think I'll limit myself to just one.

My quest begins here http://kleincast.com/maps/mcrib.php Supposedly
ALL McDonald's locations will be selling McRib sandwiches through Nov.
14... but that remains to be seen because the two McDonald's closest
to me aren't on the map yet.

--
All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 25, 8:31*pm, sf > wrote:
> Yes, I'm planning to do it. *I am going to find a McRib sandwich and
> cross my fingers it's just like it used to be: A real piece of rib
> meat minus the bone. *There were actual pockets where the bone used to
> be; it wasn't that pathetic ground pork patty with fake grill marks
> they tried to pass off as a McRib later on - but at 29 grams of fat, I
> think I'll limit myself to just one.

Don't count on it!! Here's a naked McCRAPRib, before saucing:

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lc...3bs5o1_500.jpg

YUCK!!!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Oct 25, 6:31*pm, sf > wrote:
> Yes, I'm planning to do it. *I am going to find a McRib sandwich and
> cross my fingers it's just like it used to be: A real piece of rib
> meat minus the bone. *There were actual pockets where the bone used to
> be; it wasn't that pathetic ground pork patty with fake grill marks
> they tried to pass off as a McRib later on - but at 29 grams of fat, I
> think I'll limit myself to just one.
>
> My quest begins here *http://kleincast.com/maps/mcrib.php*Supposedly
> ALL McDonald's locations will be selling McRib sandwiches through Nov.
> 14... but that remains to be seen because the two McDonald's closest
> to me aren't on the map yet.
>
> --
> All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.

I think I'm one of about 4 people in the world who has never had a
McRib and don't plan on ever having one.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 25 Oct 2011 18:51:33 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags
> wrote:

> On Oct 25, 6:31*pm, sf > wrote:
> > Yes, I'm planning to do it. *I am going to find a McRib sandwich and
> > cross my fingers it's just like it used to be: A real piece of rib
> > meat minus the bone. *There were actual pockets where the bone used to
> > be; it wasn't that pathetic ground pork patty with fake grill marks
> > they tried to pass off as a McRib later on - but at 29 grams of fat, I
> > think I'll limit myself to just one.
> >
> > My quest begins here *http://kleincast.com/maps/mcrib.php*Supposedly
> > ALL McDonald's locations will be selling McRib sandwiches through Nov.
> > 14... but that remains to be seen because the two McDonald's closest
> > to me aren't on the map yet.
> >
> > --
> > All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.

> I think I'm one of about 4 people in the world who has never had a
> McRib and don't plan on ever having one.

You shouldn't. It's a heart stopper.

--
All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 25 Oct 2011 18:36:49 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe
> wrote:

> On Oct 25, 8:31*pm, sf > wrote:
> > Yes, I'm planning to do it. *I am going to find a McRib sandwich and
> > cross my fingers it's just like it used to be: A real piece of rib
> > meat minus the bone. *There were actual pockets where the bone used to
> > be; it wasn't that pathetic ground pork patty with fake grill marks
> > they tried to pass off as a McRib later on - but at 29 grams of fat, I
> > think I'll limit myself to just one.

> Don't count on it!! Here's a naked McCRAPRib, before saucing:
>
> http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lc...3bs5o1_500.jpg
>
> YUCK!!!

Damn. Doesn't look very hopeful, does it? Those 29 fat grams are
screaming ground meat to me too.

--
All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" <> wrote in message > On Tue, 25 Oct 2011 18:51:33 -0700 (PDT),
ImStillMags
> <> wrote:
>
>> On Oct 25, 6:31 pm, sf <> wrote:
>> > Yes, I'm planning to do it. I am going to find a McRib sandwich and
>> > cross my fingers it's just like it used to be: A real piece of rib
>> > meat minus the bone. There were actual pockets where the bone used to
>> > be; it wasn't that pathetic ground pork patty with fake grill marks
>> > they tried to pass off as a McRib later on - but at 29 grams of fat, I
>> > think I'll limit myself to just one.
>> >
>> > My quest begins here http://kleincast.com/maps/mcrib.php Supposedly
>> > ALL McDonald's locations will be selling McRib sandwiches through Nov.
>> > 14... but that remains to be seen because the two McDonald's closest
>> > to me aren't on the map yet.

>> I think I'm one of about 4 people in the world who has never had a
>> McRib and don't plan on ever having one.

> You shouldn't. It's a heart stopper.

Don't do it! There are so many wonderful ways to create a great rib and so
many cooks here. If you've a need for a rib sandwich, I'm sure we can get
you there. The McRib? Gag a goat. Polly

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Oct 2011 18:36:49 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe
> wrote:
>
>> On Oct 25, 8:31?pm, sf > wrote:
>> > Yes, I'm planning to do it. ?I am going to find a McRib sandwich and
>> > cross my fingers it's just like it used to be: A real piece of rib
>> > meat minus the bone. ?There were actual pockets where the bone used to
>> > be; it wasn't that pathetic ground pork patty with fake grill marks
>> > they tried to pass off as a McRib later on - but at 29 grams of fat, I
>> > think I'll limit myself to just one.

>> Don't count on it!! Here's a naked McCRAPRib, before saucing:
>>
>> http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lc...3bs5o1_500.jpg
>>
>> YUCK!!!
>>

> Damn. Doesn't look very hopeful, does it? Those 29 fat grams are
> screaming ground meat to me too.

more like glued

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 25, 6:51*pm, ImStillMags > wrote:
> On Oct 25, 6:31*pm, sf > wrote:
>
> > Yes, I'm planning to do it. *I am going to find a McRib sandwich and
> > cross my fingers it's just like it used to be: A real piece of rib
> > meat minus the bone. *There were actual pockets where the bone used to
> > be; it wasn't that pathetic ground pork patty with fake grill marks
> > they tried to pass off as a McRib later on - but at 29 grams of fat, I
> > think I'll limit myself to just one.

> > My quest begins here *http://kleincast.com/maps/mcrib.php*Supposedly
> > ALL McDonald's locations will be selling McRib sandwiches through Nov.
> > 14... but that remains to be seen because the two McDonald's closest
> > to me aren't on the map yet.

> > --
> > All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.

> I think I'm one of about 4 people in the world who has never had *a
> McRib and don't plan on ever having one.

I'm with you... ick!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 25, 6:31*pm, sf > wrote:
> Yes, I'm planning to do it. *I am going to find a McRib sandwich and
> cross my fingers it's just like it used to be: A real piece of rib
> meat minus the bone. *There were actual pockets where the bone used to
> be; it wasn't that pathetic ground pork patty with fake grill marks
> they tried to pass off as a McRib later on - but at 29 grams of fat, I
> think I'll limit myself to just one.
>
> My quest begins here *http://kleincast.com/maps/mcrib.php*Supposedly
> ALL McDonald's locations will be selling McRib sandwiches through Nov.
> 14... but that remains to be seen because the two McDonald's closest
> to me aren't on the map yet.
>
> --
> All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.

You go right ahead...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 25/10/2011 11:44 PM, merryb wrote:

>> I think I'm one of about 4 people in the world who has never had a
>> McRib and don't plan on ever having one.

> I'm with you... ick!

I have been in McDonalds maybe a half dozen times. The last two times
were on hot summer nights and I went through the drive thru and ordered
a milk shake, only to be told the machine was broken. I did not like
their food. Maybe they got better. I will never know, but I doubt it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 26 Oct 2011 03:26:37 +0000 (UTC), tert in seattle
> wrote:

> sf wrote:
> > On Tue, 25 Oct 2011 18:36:49 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe
> > wrote:

> >> Don't count on it!! Here's a naked McCRAPRib, before saucing:
> >>
> >> http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lc...3bs5o1_500.jpg
> >>
> >> YUCK!!!
> >>

> > Damn. Doesn't look very hopeful, does it? Those 29 fat grams are
> > screaming ground meat to me too.

> more like glued

To be perfectly honest, that "glued" crap doesn't matter to me. I am
simply looking for the original McRib, not a ground up shadow of it.
What other people choose to buy is up to them.

--
All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 25 Oct 2011 21:55:52 -0500, "Polly Esther"
> wrote:

> The McRib? Gag a goat. Polly

Actually, Polly, the original was good. That's why I was hoping this
was it.

--
All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 26 Oct 2011 00:11:23 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

> On 25/10/2011 11:44 PM, merryb wrote:
>
> >> I think I'm one of about 4 people in the world who has never had a
> >> McRib and don't plan on ever having one.

> > I'm with you... ick!

> I have been in McDonalds maybe a half dozen times. The last two times
> were on hot summer nights and I went through the drive thru and ordered
> a milk shake, only to be told the machine was broken. I did not like
> their food. Maybe they got better. I will never know, but I doubt it.

Be glad you couldn't get a "milkshake". The last time I bought one,
it hadn't melted hours later.

--
All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/26/2011 12:24 AM, sf wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Oct 2011 03:26:37 +0000 (UTC), tert in seattle
> > wrote:
>
>> sf wrote:
>>> On Tue, 25 Oct 2011 18:36:49 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe

>>> Damn. Doesn't look very hopeful, does it? Those 29 fat grams are
>>> screaming ground meat to me too.

>> more like glued

> To be perfectly honest, that "glued" crap doesn't matter to me. I am
> simply looking for the original McRib, not a ground up shadow of it.
> What other people choose to buy is up to them.

I never tried one of those when they were real. What is the attraction?
I've been making really tender pork lately, be it chops or country
style "ribs" and any of the cuts I've been cooking could be eaten in a
bun if I wanted it that way. I just don't get the hype of the McRib.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 26 Oct 2011 00:42:21 -0400, Cheryl >
wrote:

> I never tried one of those when they were real. What is the attraction?
> I've been making really tender pork lately, be it chops or country
> style "ribs" and any of the cuts I've been cooking could be eaten in a
> bun if I wanted it that way. I just don't get the hype of the McRib.

<shrug> It was real meat and it was tasty. Why do you go to a rib
joint or a sandwich joint for food?

--
All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheryl" > wrote

>> To be perfectly honest, that "glued" crap doesn't matter to me. I am
>> simply looking for the original McRib, not a ground up shadow of it.
>> What other people choose to buy is up to them.
>>

> I never tried one of those when they were real. What is the attraction?
> I've been making really tender pork lately, be it chops or country style
> "ribs" and any of the cuts I've been cooking could be eaten in a bun if I
> wanted it that way. I just don't get the hype of the McRib.

Simple. They are not a hamburger, a change of pace from the routine. Many
people eat out because they are travelling or otherwise not at home to have
a sandwich that you can make. Unless you can offer an alternative to
everyone that has to stop for a bite to eat, the McRib will sell.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/25/2011 8:51 PM, ImStillMags wrote:
> On Oct 25, 6:31 pm, > wrote:

>> My quest begins here http://kleincast.com/maps/mcrib.php Supposedly
>> ALL McDonald's locations will be selling McRib sandwiches through Nov.
>> 14... but that remains to be seen because the two McDonald's closest
>> to me aren't on the map yet.
>>
>> --
>> All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.

> I think I'm one of about 4 people in the world who has never had a
> McRib and don't plan on ever having one.

I'm one of the other three... never had one. Not that I wouldn't try
it, but McDonald's is far down on my list for hamburger joints.

George L
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 25 Oct 2011 18:51:33 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags
> wrote:

>On Oct 25, 6:31*pm, sf > wrote:
>> Yes, I'm planning to do it. *I am going to find a McRib sandwich and
>> cross my fingers it's just like it used to be: A real piece of rib
>> meat minus the bone. *There were actual pockets where the bone used to
>> be; it wasn't that pathetic ground pork patty with fake grill marks
>> they tried to pass off as a McRib later on - but at 29 grams of fat, I
>> think I'll limit myself to just one.
>>
>> My quest begins here *http://kleincast.com/maps/mcrib.php*Supposedly
>> ALL McDonald's locations will be selling McRib sandwiches through Nov.
>> 14... but that remains to be seen because the two McDonald's closest
>> to me aren't on the map yet.
>>
>> --
>> All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.

>I think I'm one of about 4 people in the world who has never had a
>McRib and don't plan on ever having one.

I think you left out the 'billion' after the 4. I'll make the
vegan ribs with cedar 'bones' [p140, "The Complete Guide to Vegan Food
Substitutions"] before I'd order a McRib.

Jim
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 26 Oct 2011 00:11:23 -0400, Dave Smith
> > wrote:

>> > I'm with you... ick!

>> I have been in McDonalds maybe a half dozen times. The last two times
>> were on hot summer nights and I went through the drive thru and ordered
>> a milk shake, only to be told the machine was broken. I did not like
>> their food. Maybe they got better. I will never know, but I doubt it.

> Be glad you couldn't get a "milkshake". The last time I bought one,
> it hadn't melted hours later.
>
> --

I've never had a McRib. (I don't think I ever knew there was a McRib that
wasn't made from formed pressed meat of some kind.) As for the milkshakes,
when I was a kid they were a rare treat and McD's made good ones. A few
years before my mom died we were in town one day when she got a craving for
a milkshake. First thing that came to mind was McD's. She was absolutely
shocked at the price! (I don't remember the exact price but it was close to
$4.) She had no complaints about the milkshake itself. It was so thick
she needed a spoon, but IIRC they always made thick milkshakes.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 25, 10:14*pm, sf > wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Oct 2011 18:51:33 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags
>

> > wrote:
> > On Oct 25, 6:31*pm, sf > wrote:
> > > Yes, I'm planning to do it. *I am going to find a McRib sandwich and
> > > cross my fingers it's just like it used to be: A real piece of rib
> > > meat minus the bone. *There were actual pockets where the bone used to
> > > be; it wasn't that pathetic ground pork patty with fake grill marks
> > > they tried to pass off as a McRib later on - but at 29 grams of fat, I
> > > think I'll limit myself to just one.

> > > My quest begins here *http://kleincast.com/maps/mcrib.php*Supposedly
> > > ALL McDonald's locations will be selling McRib sandwiches through Nov..
> > > 14... but that remains to be seen because the two McDonald's closest
> > > to me aren't on the map yet.

> > > --
> > > All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 25, 9:31*pm, sf > wrote:
> Yes, I'm planning to do it. *I am going to find a McRib sandwich and
> cross my fingers it's just like it used to be: A real piece of rib
> meat minus the bone. *There were actual pockets where the bone used to
> be; it wasn't that pathetic ground pork patty with fake grill marks
> they tried to pass off as a McRib later on - but at 29 grams of fat, I
> think I'll limit myself to just one.
>
> My quest begins here *http://kleincast.com/maps/mcrib.php*Supposedly
> ALL McDonald's locations will be selling McRib sandwiches through Nov.
> 14... but that remains to be seen because the two McDonald's closest
> to me aren't on the map yet.

Also, get yourself a good boning knife, or paring knife. Once you
have done your ribs, oven or smoker or grill or whatever, bone them
out and make a sandwich. Much better than anything you can get at
MD's.

> --
> All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2011-10-26, Cheryl > wrote:

> I never tried one of those when they were real. What is the attraction?
> I've been making really tender pork lately, be it chops or country
> style "ribs" and any of the cuts I've been cooking could be eaten in a
> bun if I wanted it that way. I just don't get the hype of the McRib.

There's only a jillion better pork sandwich options available. Banh
Mi's, torta's, Cuban, pulled pork, ham, etc ad nauseum. As you say,
jes slapping a pork chop on a bun is a quantum leap of better. Hell,
jes go to any supermkt and buy the slow baked baby back ribs sold in
bubble paks in almost all deli depts --often at huge discount-- strip
the meat off (usually that tender!) and put it between some bread.
The thought of opting for a McAnything abomination is too ludicrous to
even contemplate.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message

> Yes, I'm planning to do it. I am going to find a McRib sandwich and
> cross my fingers it's just like it used to be: A real piece of rib
> meat minus the bone. There were actual pockets where the bone used to
> be; it wasn't that pathetic ground pork patty with fake grill marks
> they tried to pass off as a McRib later on - but at 29 grams of fat, I
> think I'll limit myself to just one.

According to my son, who works at McD's, it's a "chopped and formed" pork
patty. It's cooked on the grill, dipped in sauce, then put on a toasted bun
with onions and pickles.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:

> McD has never been and will never be known for food excellence!!!

Andy, on the other hand...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"John Kuthe" > wrote in message
On Oct 25, 8:31 pm, sf > wrote:
> Yes, I'm planning to do it. I am going to find a McRib sandwich and
> cross my fingers it's just like it used to be: A real piece of rib
> meat minus the bone. There were actual pockets where the bone used to
> be; it wasn't that pathetic ground pork patty with fake grill marks
> they tried to pass off as a McRib later on - but at 29 grams of fat, I
> think I'll limit myself to just one.

Don't count on it!! Here's a naked McCRAPRib, before saucing:

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lc...3bs5o1_500.jpg

YUCK!!!

Sure looks like meat glue was used. Typical corporate crap. The only think
I will eat from McDs is the egg mcmuffin. They don't seem to *******ize
those too badly.

Paul

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 25 Oct 2011 21:55:52 -0500, "Polly Esther"
> > wrote:
>
>> The McRib? Gag a goat. Polly

> Actually, Polly, the original was good. That's why I was hoping this
> was it.

I am beginning to see a cry for attention here. I'm thinking you won't
actually do it.

Paul

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:

>To be perfectly honest, that "glued" crap
>doesn't matter to me. I am simply
> looking for the original McRib, not a
> ground up shadow of it. What other
> people choose to buy is up to them.

I must admit I have a "love affair" with the McRib sandwiches, whenever
they bring them back "for a limited time" to the McDonalds closest to
us. It certainly looks and tastes like any actual rib I've ever eaten,
only without the bone, and the sauce, etc. makes it twice as yummy!

The only times I usually go there, is when my friends and I go to a
movie, we will head for McDonalds after, for "senior coffee" and
dessert...the brownie sundae, or the warm apple pie ala mode is great,
as is their freshly baked oatmeal raisin cookies. Nothing else is open
at that time, for food and a snack, and we can sit there for as long as
we like and gab.

I also like swinging by the drive-thru on a cold winter day and getting
a cup of their hot cocoa, but as far as sandwiches, and other food go,
I'd rather go across the street to Subway, if in a hurry, but those
McRibs "lure" me in everytime! )

Judy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 26 Oct 2011 09:23:14 -0700, "Paul M. Cook" >
wrote:

> "sf" > wrote in message
> > On Tue, 25 Oct 2011 21:55:52 -0500, "Polly Esther"
> > > wrote:
> >
> >> The McRib? Gag a goat. Polly

> > Actually, Polly, the original was good. That's why I was hoping this
> > was it.

> I am beginning to see a cry for attention here. I'm thinking you won't
> actually do it.

I think you have a reading comprehension problem.

--
All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 26 Oct 2011 09:17:32 -0400, "jmcquown" >
wrote:

> I've never had a McRib. (I don't think I ever knew there was a McRib that
> wasn't made from formed pressed meat of some kind.)

Well, they did and that's what I'm looking for when they claim
"McRib".

> As for the milkshakes,
> when I was a kid they were a rare treat and McD's made good ones.

I'd eat a Quarter Pounder before I touched one of those things again.

--
All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 26 Oct 2011 07:44:05 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe
> wrote:

> On Oct 25, 11:31*pm, sf > wrote:
> > On Wed, 26 Oct 2011 00:11:23 -0400, Dave Smith
> >

> > Be glad you couldn't get a "milkshake". *The last time I bought one,
> > it hadn't melted hours later.

> McCraps shakes don't contain any milk. Their viscosity comes from
> starch, not cold.

I don't know what they are and I don't care. I just know I won't go
near those things again.

--
All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 26 Oct 2011 06:52:41 -0700 (PDT), A Moose in Love
> wrote:

> Also, get yourself a good boning knife, or paring knife. Once you
> have done your ribs, oven or smoker or grill or whatever, bone them
> out and make a sandwich. Much better than anything you can get at
> MD's.

If I wanted to, I'd do it. I don't want to.

--
All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 26 Oct 2011 11:31:24 -0400, "news" > wrote:

> "sf" > wrote in message
> >
> > Yes, I'm planning to do it. I am going to find a McRib sandwich and
> > cross my fingers it's just like it used to be: A real piece of rib
> > meat minus the bone. There were actual pockets where the bone used to
> > be; it wasn't that pathetic ground pork patty with fake grill marks
> > they tried to pass off as a McRib later on - but at 29 grams of fat, I
> > think I'll limit myself to just one.

> According to my son, who works at McD's, it's a "chopped and formed" pork
> patty. It's cooked on the grill, dipped in sauce, then put on a toasted bun
> with onions and pickles.

THANK YOU! I'll take a pass and not expend any more effort on my
quest.

--
All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Judy Haffner" > wrote in message

> sf wrote:
>
>>To be perfectly honest, that "glued" crap
>>doesn't matter to me. I am simply
>> looking for the original McRib, not a
>> ground up shadow of it. What other
>> people choose to buy is up to them.

> I must admit I have a "love affair" with the McRib sandwiches, whenever
> they bring them back "for a limited time" to the McDonalds closest to
> us. It certainly looks and tastes like any actual rib I've ever eaten,
> only without the bone, and the sauce, etc. makes it twice as yummy!
>
> The only times I usually go there, is when my friends and I go to a
> movie, we will head for McDonalds after, for "senior coffee" and
> dessert...the brownie sundae, or the warm apple pie ala mode is great,
> as is their freshly baked oatmeal raisin cookies. Nothing else is open
> at that time, for food and a snack, and we can sit there for as long as
> we like and gab.
>
> I also like swinging by the drive-thru on a cold winter day and getting
> a cup of their hot cocoa, but as far as sandwiches, and other food go,
> I'd rather go across the street to Subway, if in a hurry, but those
> McRibs "lure" me in everytime! )
>
> Judy

They now have pumpkin pies, along with the apple and cherry. Son says they
are pretty good.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 26 Oct 2011 15:21:41 GMT, notbob > wrote:

>On 2011-10-26, Cheryl > wrote:
>
>> I never tried one of those when they were real. What is the attraction?
>> I've been making really tender pork lately, be it chops or country
>> style "ribs" and any of the cuts I've been cooking could be eaten in a
>> bun if I wanted it that way. I just don't get the hype of the McRib.

>There's only a jillion better pork sandwich options available. Banh
>Mi's, torta's, Cuban, pulled pork, ham, etc ad nauseum. As you say,
>jes slapping a pork chop on a bun is a quantum leap of better. Hell,
>jes go to any supermkt and buy the slow baked baby back ribs sold in
>bubble paks in almost all deli depts --often at huge discount-- strip
>the meat off (usually that tender!) and put it between some bread.
>The thought of opting for a McAnything abomination is too ludicrous to
>even contemplate.
>
>nb

You forgot to mention the best pork sandwich of all; fried spam n'
eggs open faced on a toasted english muffin with hollandaise.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/25/2011 3:31 PM, sf wrote:

> Yes, I'm planning to do it. I am going to find a McRib sandwich and
> cross my fingers it's just like it used to be: A real piece of rib
> meat minus the bone. There were actual pockets where the bone used to
> be; it wasn't that pathetic ground pork patty with fake grill marks
> they tried to pass off as a McRib later on - but at 29 grams of fat, I
> think I'll limit myself to just one.
>
> My quest begins here http://kleincast.com/maps/mcrib.php Supposedly
> ALL McDonald's locations will be selling McRib sandwiches through Nov.
> 14... but that remains to be seen because the two McDonald's closest
> to me aren't on the map yet.

A real rib sandwich that can be had at a McDonald's seems unlikely. I
did not know one ever existed but I'd buy one. Actually, a pork sandwich
sounds good at this moment - even one made from ground pork scraps in a
funky dollhouse food shape.

I had a pork sandwich yesterday. It was made from a glazed piece of
smoked pork with bell peppers and onions and mushrooms. Oh boy!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/26/2011 7:25 AM, Judy Haffner wrote:

> sf wrote:
>
>> To be perfectly honest, that "glued" crap
>> doesn't matter to me. I am simply
>> looking for the original McRib, not a
>> ground up shadow of it. What other
>> people choose to buy is up to them.

> I must admit I have a "love affair" with the McRib sandwiches, whenever
> they bring them back "for a limited time" to the McDonalds closest to
> us. It certainly looks and tastes like any actual rib I've ever eaten,
> only without the bone, and the sauce, etc. makes it twice as yummy!

I think the last time I had one of those, Win98 hadn't been released.
:-) There must be something to it since folks seem to be getting
exciting about it. Will try to catch one of those during the 2011 McRib
cycle.

> The only times I usually go there, is when my friends and I go to a
> movie, we will head for McDonalds after, for "senior coffee" and
> dessert...the brownie sundae, or the warm apple pie ala mode is great,
> as is their freshly baked oatmeal raisin cookies. Nothing else is open
> at that time, for food and a snack, and we can sit there for as long as
> we like and gab.
>
> I also like swinging by the drive-thru on a cold winter day and getting
> a cup of their hot cocoa, but as far as sandwiches, and other food go,
> I'd rather go across the street to Subway, if in a hurry, but those
> McRibs "lure" me in everytime! )
>
> Judy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2011-10-26, Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:

> You forgot to mention the best pork sandwich of all; fried spam n'
> eggs open faced on a toasted english muffin with hollandaise.

I'd certainly prefer it.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 26 Oct 2011 14:40:29 -0400, "news" > wrote:

> I find it hard to believe that the McRib was anything other than what it is
> now, given Mcd's obsession with product uniformity and speed of service.
> They don't put anything in their restaurants unless it can be over and over
> again and have it be exactly the same every time.

Well, it was real meat. That's my personal experience - not hearsay.

--
All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Jewdee Haffner wrote:

>I must admit I have a "love affair" with the McRib sandwiches, whenever
>they bring them back "for a limited time" to the McDonalds closest to
>us. It certainly looks and tastes like any actual rib I've ever eaten,
>only without the bone, and the sauce, etc. makes it twice as yummy!
>
>The only times I usually go there, is when my friends and I go to a
>movie, we will head for McDonalds after, for "senior coffee" and
>dessert...the brownie sundae, or the warm apple pie ala mode is great,
>as is their freshly baked oatmeal raisin cookies. Nothing else is open
>at that time, for food and a snack, and we can sit there for as long as
>we like and gab.
>
>I also like swinging by the drive-thru on a cold winter day and getting
>a cup of their hot cocoa, but as far as sandwiches, and other food go,
>I'd rather go across the street to Subway, if in a hurry, but those
>McRibs "lure" me in everytime! )
>
>JewDee TIAD

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/26/2011 8:40 AM, Andy wrote:
> dsi1,
>
> Heck, if I lived in Hawaii, I'd be at a Luau at least once a week. Great
> food, cultural ceremony and entertainment!!!
>
> Dammit!
>
> Best,
>
> Andy

Oddly enough, a woman just brought me a char sui bao. Ask and you shall
receive, I guess. She also bought me a wrapped Chinese pork hash and
vinegar cucumbers and a chow fun noodle dish. I had already bought
breakfast so I also have Portuguese sausage, eggs, Spam and rice and
grilled cornbread. What a funky breakfast. :-)