Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Three different stir fries

Son: Only chicken, broccoli and rice.
Wife: Chicken, snow peas, green pepper, mushrooms, bean sprouts,
habanero pepper, a tiny bit of onion, broccoli and rice.
Me: Chicken, green pepper, mushrooms, bean sprouts, habanero pepper,
onion, garlic, a tiny bit of MSG and a little rice.

Probably my last rice for a long time. Tasteless, carby filler. Stir
fry is a good use for habs. Mine could have used more. Also, I was
almost out of soy sauce. I put some teriyaki on a little corner of it
on my plate. I don't think I'll ever buy that stuff again.

--Bryan
Dumb SOB Molina, if he'd have run at 100% all the way through first,
the way that TX FBman was bobbling the ball, he'd have been safe. MLB
players typically don't run as hard to first as minor leaguers.
Spoiled rich SOBs.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/23/2011 9:15 PM, Bryan wrote:

> Son: Only chicken, broccoli and rice.
> Wife: Chicken, snow peas, green pepper, mushrooms, bean sprouts,
> habanero pepper, a tiny bit of onion, broccoli and rice.
> Me: Chicken, green pepper, mushrooms, bean sprouts, habanero pepper,
> onion, garlic, a tiny bit of MSG and a little rice.
>
> Probably my last rice for a long time. Tasteless, carby filler. Stir
> fry is a good use for habs. Mine could have used more. Also, I was
> almost out of soy sauce. I put some teriyaki on a little corner of it
> on my plate. I don't think I'll ever buy that stuff again.

My dinner was fried rice (leftover basmati) with onion, peas, corn, pork
diced tiny, oyster sauce, tiny bit of soy sauce and a little sesame oil.
My rice was tasty.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cheryl wrote:

> My dinner was fried rice (leftover basmati) with onion, peas, corn, pork
> diced tiny, oyster sauce, tiny bit of soy sauce and a little sesame oil.
> My rice was tasty.

Looks like it's "Chinese Night" at RFC: Lin made Orange Chicken stir-fry
with snow peas, red bell pepper, carrots, pan-roasted cashews, and a few
little Brussels sprouts. We had steamed rice (a mixture of brown, white, and
wild rice) along with it. That was tasty, too!

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/23/2011 10:02 PM, Bob Terwilliger wrote:
> Cheryl wrote:
>
>> My dinner was fried rice (leftover basmati) with onion, peas, corn, pork
>> diced tiny, oyster sauce, tiny bit of soy sauce and a little sesame oil.
>> My rice was tasty.

> Looks like it's "Chinese Night" at RFC: Lin made Orange Chicken stir-fry
> with snow peas, red bell pepper, carrots, pan-roasted cashews, and a few
> little Brussels sprouts. We had steamed rice (a mixture of brown, white, and
> wild rice) along with it. That was tasty, too!

Sounds yummy! Pork is one of those meats that I tend to freeze
leftovers. I don't much like leftover pork because it dries out. When
I do have leftover, even just a little bit, I freeze it and use it up
diced small like in fried rice. Though I do have a chop leftover from
yesterday that was marinated. If I don't eat it tomorrow, it will also
become frozen to become fried rice or something else later. I'd love
more recipes for cooked diced leftover pork.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Cooked Diced Leftover Pork

Cheryl wrote:

> Pork is one of those meats that I tend to freeze leftovers. I don't much
> like leftover pork because it dries out. When I do have leftover, even
> just a little bit, I freeze it and use it up diced small like in fried
> rice. Though I do have a chop leftover from yesterday that was marinated.
> If I don't eat it tomorrow, it will also become frozen to become fried
> rice or something else later. I'd love more recipes for cooked diced
> leftover pork.

1. With cooked diced potatoes (or plantains) and eggs for breakfast

2. Taco filling with
a. Pineapple salsa
b. Yellow chile/tarragon cooked salsa
c. Chipotle-lime relish and cilantro

3. Over polenta/rice/pasta with fruit sauce
a. Apricot sauce
b. Dried cherry sauce
c. Cranberry sauce
d. Persimmon Chutney
e. Reduced pomegranate juice and balsamic vinegar
f. Rosehip jelly and rosemary
g. Plums, allspice, and habanero chiles

4. In lettuce cups with cashews, orange sections, minced candied ginger, and
hot chiles

5. In banh mi

6. In lumpia, spring rolls, summer rolls, or egg rolls

7. In curry, especiall vindaloo

8. In Cuban sandwiches

9. Pork pot pie

10. With cubes of soft tofu, Szechuan peppercorns, and chile-garlic sauce

11. Skewered, with peanut sauce

12. Added to paella

13. On top of cheesy grits for breakfast. Gravy optional.

14. On a bruschetta with caponata

15. In a sandwich with
a. apple butter
b. mustard and pickles
c. extra-virgin olive oil and freshly-ground black pepper
c. Thai sweet chile sauce

16. With caramelized fennel, onions, and apple chunks

Hope this helps!

Bob

Experienced Member

Different people have different preference for diet in one family. I prefer various vegetables, same with my mother, and my father prefers meat and alcohol.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/24/2011 12:11 AM, Bob Terwilliger wrote:

> Hope this helps!

Thanks! Some of those I'd eat. Much appreciated.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 23, 9:15*pm, Bryan > wrote:
> Son: *Only chicken, broccoli and rice.
> Wife: *Chicken, snow peas, green pepper, mushrooms, bean sprouts,
> habanero pepper, a tiny bit of onion, broccoli and rice.
> Me: * Chicken, green pepper, mushrooms, bean sprouts, habanero pepper,
> onion, garlic, a tiny bit of MSG and a little rice.
>
> Probably my last rice for a long time. *Tasteless, carby filler. *Stir
> fry is a good use for habs. * Mine could have used more. *Also, I was
> almost out of soy sauce. *I put some teriyaki on a little corner of it
> on my plate. *I don't think I'll ever buy that stuff again.
>
> --Bryan
> Dumb SOB Molina, if he'd have run at 100% all the way through first,
> the way that TX FBman was bobbling the ball, he'd have been safe. *MLB
> players typically don't run as hard to first as minor leaguers.
> Spoiled rich SOBs.

You can use cauliflower, cooked tender andthen put into a food
processor til it's rice sized, then cooked in butter in a frying pan,
as a substitute for rice. Amazingly it does the job well!!
Nan who is low carbing it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 25 Oct 2011 06:51:47 -0700 (PDT), Nan >
wrote:

> You can use cauliflower, cooked tender andthen put into a food
> processor til it's rice sized, then cooked in butter in a frying pan,
> as a substitute for rice. Amazingly it does the job well!!
> Nan who is low carbing it.

It makes a great substitute for mashed potatoes too. Try it on
shepherd's pie sometime. Yum!

sf who doesn't low carb on purpose

--
All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.

best fries Somebody General Cooking 24 06-10-2012 11:32 AM
I tried the BK fries too. Julie Bove[_2_] General Cooking 7 24-12-2011 04:58 AM
frozen vegetables in stir-fries blake murphy[_2_] Asian Cooking 3 14-07-2008 03:32 PM
It *comes* with fries ... Nancy Young General Cooking 8 03-04-2006 03:56 AM
Simple stir fries Alan Diabetic 17 19-09-2004 09:49 PM