Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default If only I had the space for this . . .

Cast iron, 19th century, food related,
it punches all of my buttons except I've
got no room for it. Not to mention I'm
mildly lactose intolerant and have a bad
problem with soy, so I wouldn't get much
use out of it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/270837838898

Hope that link works. I can't test it
on my Usenet machine since eBay broke
their broken software even further.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Mark Thorson wrote:

> Cast iron, 19th century, food related,
> it punches all of my buttons except I've
> got no room for it. Not to mention I'm
> mildly lactose intolerant and have a bad
> problem with soy, so I wouldn't get much
> use out of it.
>
> http://www.ebay.com/itm/270837838898
>
> Hope that link works. I can't test it
> on my Usenet machine since eBay broke
> their broken software even further.

That's pretty cool, actual shaken shakes. Too bad it doesn't seem to
have the original shake containers, I bet they were fairly ornate,
perhaps glass.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 22 Oct 2011 14:48:26 -0500, "Pete C." >
wrote:

>Mark Thorson wrote:
>>
>> Cast iron, 19th century, food related,
>> it punches all of my buttons except I've
>> got no room for it. Not to mention I'm
>> mildly lactose intolerant and have a bad
>> problem with soy, so I wouldn't get much
>> use out of it.
>>
>> http://www.ebay.com/itm/270837838898
>>
>> Hope that link works. I can't test it
>> on my Usenet machine since eBay broke
>> their broken software even further.

>That's pretty cool, actual shaken shakes. Too bad it doesn't seem to
>have the original shake containers, I bet they were fairly ornate.

These original shakers are fairly ornate:
http://tinyurl.com/6fgzlnc

Space-Age BBQ Zed Frehley[_3_] Barbecue 3 26-10-2015 01:35 AM
Sig with one space James Silverton[_2_] General Cooking 3 23-03-2009 12:14 PM
Teatime in Space Bluesea Tea 1 10-04-2005 12:39 PM
what would you request if you had to go off into space for a yr? cashier of cinema General Cooking 50 13-12-2004 11:04 PM
Air space Lum Winemaking 5 02-10-2003 04:09 PM