Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Dinner 2011-10-16

Pan-roasted pork chops with chanterelles, onions, and cream
Steamed broccoli
Spaghetti squash
Portuguese white table wine

Lin took pictures! She'll post them on Facebook because Sheldon can eat a
bag of shit.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bob Terwilliger" > wrote in message
eb.com...
> Pan-roasted pork chops with chanterelles, onions, and cream
> Steamed broccoli
> Spaghetti squash
> Portuguese white table wine
>
> Lin took pictures! She'll post them on Facebook because Sheldon can eat a
> bag of shit.

I had cottage cheese, chunky applesauce and assorted raw bell peppers.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 20 Oct 2011 18:22:58 -0700, "Bob Terwilliger"
> wrote:

> Pan-roasted pork chops with chanterelles, onions, and cream
> Steamed broccoli
> Spaghetti squash
> Portuguese white table wine

Birthday party tonight.

Chicken Stroganoff (This was terrific)
http://norecipes.com/blog/2008/04/02...en-stroganoff/
served with the noodles in the following dish

Nokedli (Hungarian noodles) Tasted good, but didn't look good.
http://norecipes.com/blog/2009/02/10...ken-paprikash/

I served broccoli also, but it was roasted in the oven. I considered
spaghetti squash (love it), but decided that it wouldn't work tonight.

Apple and Pear Crisp (an old favorite)
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/i...ipe/index.html
2007, Ina Garten, All Rights Reserved

Copious wine - both red and white.

--
All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 20 Oct 2011 22:35:51 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

> chunky applesauce

I made applesauce for my grandbabies tonight - they loved it.

--
All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/21/2011 3:43 AM, sf wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Oct 2011 18:22:58 -0700, "Bob Terwilliger"
> > wrote:
>
>> Pan-roasted pork chops with chanterelles, onions, and cream
>> Steamed broccoli
>> Spaghetti squash
>> Portuguese white table wine

> Birthday party tonight.
>
> Chicken Stroganoff (This was terrific)
> http://norecipes.com/blog/2008/04/02...en-stroganoff/
> served with the noodles in the following dish

This sounds fabulous!!! Must try it.

Thanks for the interesting website.

Rusty from MD

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 21 Oct 2011 12:05:52 -0400, Rusty > wrote:

> On 10/21/2011 3:43 AM, sf wrote:
> >
> > Birthday party tonight.
> >
> > Chicken Stroganoff (This was terrific)
> > http://norecipes.com/blog/2008/04/02...en-stroganoff/
> > served with the noodles in the following dish

> This sounds fabulous!!! Must try it.

Thanks, it's *really* good - I will definitely make it again (soon).
FYI: I used sour cream instead of yogurt. Give the apple & pear
combination a try the next time you make a crisp. That works well
too.

--
All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/21/2011 1:42 PM, sf wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Oct 2011 12:05:52 -0400, > wrote:
>
>> On 10/21/2011 3:43 AM, sf wrote:
>>>
>>> Birthday party tonight.
>>>
>>> Chicken Stroganoff (This was terrific)
>>> http://norecipes.com/blog/2008/04/02...en-stroganoff/
>>> served with the noodles in the following dish

>> This sounds fabulous!!! Must try it.
>>

> Thanks, it's *really* good - I will definitely make it again (soon).
> FYI: I used sour cream instead of yogurt. Give the apple& pear
> combination a try the next time you make a crisp. That works well
> too.

I was thinking of using the fat-free sour cream instead of yogurt. I
often have that on hand. Would that work?

Yes, I will try the apple & pear crisp, but I have never heard of Macoun
apples. What could be substituted?

Rusty in MD

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 21 Oct 2011 14:35:42 -0400, Rusty > wrote:

> I was thinking of using the fat-free sour cream instead of yogurt. I
> often have that on hand. Would that work?

I don't see why not. I just happened to have a container of the
regular stuff on hand, but I often cook with fat free sour cream and
it doesn't seem to behave any differently from the regular stuff.

> Yes, I will try the apple & pear crisp, but I have never heard of Macoun
> apples. What could be substituted?

Me either, use your favorite pie apple. I substituted Fuji apples -
I'd use Pink Lady when that comes into season later on. I'd like to
try Northern Spy sometime - if I ever find them.

--
All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 21, 12:43*am, sf > wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Oct 2011 18:22:58 -0700, "Bob Terwilliger"
>
> > wrote:
> > Pan-roasted pork chops with chanterelles, onions, and cream
> > Steamed broccoli
> > Spaghetti squash
> > Portuguese white table wine

> Birthday party tonight.
>
> Chicken Stroganoff (This was terrific)http://norecipes.com/blog/2008/04/02...en-stroganoff/
> served with the noodles in the following dish
>
> Nokedli *(Hungarian noodles) Tasted good, but didn't look good.http://norecipes.com/blog/2009/02/10...th-nokedli-chi...
>
> I served broccoli also, but it was roasted in the oven. *I considered
> spaghetti squash (love it), but decided that it wouldn't work tonight.
>
> Apple and Pear Crisp *(an old favorite)http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/i...-pear-crisp-re...
> 2007, Ina Garten, All Rights Reserved
>
> Copious wine - both red and white.
>
> --
> All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.

how many does the stroganoff serve...4-5?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 21 Oct 2011 12:37:02 -0700 (PDT), Chemo the Clown
> wrote:

> how many does the stroganoff serve...4-5?

It looks like a one thigh per person sort of recipe. I served 7
people, but I didn't follow the recipe word for word. Think about how
much you need and go from there. I bought 5+ pounds of bone in
chicken thighs. I skinned and boned them first and then cut the meat
into quarters. Didn't weigh the end product, so I don't know how much
real meat I was dealing with. I bought two 10oz packages of
pre-sliced baby bellas but only used one and a half. I should have
just used all of it, because more mushrooms would have been even
better. We aren't huge eaters, so YMMV of course.

--
All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.