Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nad Nad is offline

Default Who needs Halloween?

atec77 > wrote:
> On 13/10/2011 4:05 PM, Pico Rico wrote:
>> "Malcom "Mal" > wrote in message
>>> I like candy as much as the next person, even though I have to restrict
>>> myself
>>> from eating it.
>>>
>>> But what I hate is that Halloween should be an universal holiday, a
>>> holiday for
>>> everyone to collect as much candy as they can...but the kids have taken
>>> over a
>>> perfectly good holiday.
>>>
>>> So for the last few years I have practiced Reverse Trick or Treat. When
>>> someone
>>> comes to my door, before they can say ToT, I say it. They look confused
>>> and I
>>> tell them that because I have to stay home to give them candy is no reason
>>> should be deprived of the same joy. Still confused I tell them that as
>>> soon as
>>> they give me some candy, I will give them candy. Some balk, some laugh,
>>> but most
>>> will put some candy in my ToT bag and then I give them the candy I've
>>> bought for
>>> the occasion. The upside is that if I run out of my candy I can give out
>>> what
>>> I've collected.
>>>
>>> Of course I don't do this to the ultra-minnies as they wouldn't
>>> understand, but
>>> then again, what do they really understand about Halloween anyway?
>>>
>>> So I urge all of you to practice Reverse Trick or Treat...if for no other
>>> reason
>>> than that it is quite funny

>> sounds like way too much effort. I just hide with all the lights out. Like
>> every other night.
>>

> We close the gates and let the rotty's loose
> just as per normal with the tv up loud so we don't hear the children screaming

I love Halloween. It is my favorite Holliday! It is the costume dance
parties that are the most enjoyable. The humorous Halloween music that is
played only once a year. The hay rides, the apple cider and donuts, the
corn mazes, the haunted houses are fun and enjoyable!

Each kid that does show up at my door gets a small bag that contains: a
full size snickers candy bar, a standard size bag of Frito corn chips, a
trail mix candy bar and a regular size sucker. I figure that if the kids
Parents are going to drive down three miles of dirt roads to get here, I
will at least make it somewhat worthwhile. I get around fifteen kids each
year. Also since I have a large garden with on average thirty pumpkins,
each kid can have one, first come first serve, some I have already carved.

One note: those costumes that have tails, it really does make ballroom
dancing a unique experience . But I will also say it is also difficult to
dance with a cape.

--
Enjoy Life... Nad
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nad wrote:

> The humorous Halloween music that is played only once a year.

Here are some of my favorites:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baHTs9i76Wg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAkPhiyORAc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pms6oA-3ghg

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nad Nad is offline

"Bob Terwilliger" > wrote:
> Nad wrote:
>
>> The humorous Halloween music that is played only once a year.

> Here are some of my favorites:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baHTs9i76Wg
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAkPhiyORAc
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pms6oA-3ghg
>
> Bob

I like that music!

Try Internet radio stations, they are several music stations that play
Halloween music during the holiday 24/7. I use an App called "TuneIn Radio"
and search for Halloween. With the house Wifi system I put the speakers on
the front porch and control the music with My iPad on Halloween.

--
Enjoy Life... Nad
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nad wrote:

> I use an App called "TuneIn Radio" and search for Halloween. With the
> house Wifi system I put the speakers on the front porch and control the
> music with My iPad on Halloween.

I have a powerful home stereo system and two boom boxes. The home stereo
gets set on a loop to play the "earthquake" track from a special-effects CD
at fairly high volume. You can really feel it in your gut! One of the boom
boxes repeatedly plays a CD of "black ambient" music by a group called
Darkness Enshroud[1]. The other boom box repeatedly plays a CD of Tibetan
monk chants[2]. The result is a vaguely-disturbing aural phenomenon which is
a bit too ordered to be a real cacophony.

I don't decorate per se; I just put some dim red lights as the *only*
visible lights, and when I can I put a fog machine pouring fog out of my
attic, which vents over my front porch.

Bob
[1]
http://www.amazon.com/Unveiled-Ghost.../dp/B004KKYH64

[2]
http://www.amazon.com/Sacred-Tibetan.../dp/B00007MBAD (I
considered going with Tibetan throat singing instead, but thought this was
more interesting.)

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Terwilliger[_1_] View Post
Nad wrote:

[...]

That's cool! You really know you're thing bob! I love Holloween because it means holiday, candies, costumes, and a lot more.

Who needs Halloween? Malcom \Mal\ Reynolds General Cooking 20 25-10-2011 02:17 AM
Welcome HALLOWEEN UMMM General Cooking 0 14-10-2011 04:50 PM
Something different for Halloween? Help! Nexis General Cooking 19 04-11-2004 07:28 AM
Halloween Margaret Suran General Cooking 10 29-10-2004 11:55 PM
Halloween Virginia Tadrzynski General Cooking 20 15-10-2004 03:53 PM