Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Outback

Decided to go to Outback last night. Hadn't been there in over 15
years. Overpriced for sure. Two of us ordered petite ribeyes, garlic
mashed potatos and some grilled veggies. One glass of wine and one Sam
Adams. With tip...right at $60
No need to go back again.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 10, 11:08*am, Chemo the Clown > wrote:
> Decided to go to Outback last night. Hadn't been there in over 15
> years. Overpriced for sure. Two of us ordered petite ribeyes, garlic
> mashed potatos and some grilled veggies. One glass of wine and one Sam
> Adams. With tip...right at $60
> No need to go back again.

That's why we hardly ever go out!
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Oct 10, 11:08*am, Chemo the Clown > wrote:
> Decided to go to Outback last night. Hadn't been there in over 15
> years. Overpriced for sure. Two of us ordered petite ribeyes, garlic
> mashed potatos and some grilled veggies. One glass of wine and one Sam
> Adams. With tip...right at $60
> No need to go back again.

So are you not going back because of the price....or because the food
wasn't good?

Hate to tell you but the price was average.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Chemo the Clown" > wrote in message
> Decided to go to Outback last night. Hadn't been there in over 15
> years. Overpriced for sure. Two of us ordered petite ribeyes, garlic
> mashed potatos and some grilled veggies. One glass of wine and one Sam
> Adams. With tip...right at $60
> No need to go back again.

The last thing I ever go out for is steak. I can do it better and, of
course, far cheaper.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 10, 11:13*am, merryb > wrote:
> On Oct 10, 11:08*am, Chemo the Clown > wrote:
>
> > Decided to go to Outback last night. Hadn't been there in over 15
> > years. Overpriced for sure. Two of us ordered petite ribeyes, garlic
> > mashed potatos and some grilled veggies. One glass of wine and one Sam
> > Adams. With tip...right at $60
> > No need to go back again.

> That's why we hardly ever go out!

We like a place called Roadhouse Grill. We can have basically the same
thing for half of what it cost us at Outback.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 10, 11:24*am, ImStillMags > wrote:
> On Oct 10, 11:08*am, Chemo the Clown > wrote:
>
> > Decided to go to Outback last night. Hadn't been there in over 15
> > years. Overpriced for sure. Two of us ordered petite ribeyes, garlic
> > mashed potatos and some grilled veggies. One glass of wine and one Sam
> > Adams. With tip...right at $60
> > No need to go back again.

> So are you not going back because of the price....or because the food
> wasn't good?
>
> Hate to tell you but the price was average.

Basically the price. I can get pretty much the same thing at roadhouse
Grill for about half of that. Plus, better atmosphere. Prices on steak
house vary quite a bit throughout the country, so I know what you're
saying. On a scale of 1-10, I give the food at Outback around a 7-8.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Chemo the Clown" > wrote in message
> Decided to go to Outback last night. Hadn't been there in over 15
> years. Overpriced for sure. Two of us ordered petite ribeyes, garlic
> mashed potatos and some grilled veggies. One glass of wine and one Sam
> Adams. With tip...right at $60
> No need to go back again.

Yikes!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Chemo the Clown > wrote:

> Decided to go to Outback last night. Hadn't been there in over 15
> years. Overpriced for sure. Two of us ordered petite ribeyes, garlic
> mashed potatos and some grilled veggies. One glass of wine and one Sam
> Adams. With tip...right at $60
> No need to go back again.

you didn't use the coupons?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/10/2011 1:08 PM, Chemo the Clown wrote:
> Decided to go to Outback last night. Hadn't been there in over 15
> years. Overpriced for sure. Two of us ordered petite ribeyes, garlic
> mashed potatos and some grilled veggies. One glass of wine and one Sam
> Adams. With tip...right at $60
> No need to go back again.

How can you tolerate the salt? We liked to go there years ago for the
rack of lamb, but somewhere along the way they started to add huge
amounts of sodium to their meats. I'm sure it's tenderizers of some sort.

The last time we were at an Outback we gagged on the food.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/10/2011 4:40 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
> "Chemo the > wrote in message
>> Decided to go to Outback last night. Hadn't been there in over 15
>> years. Overpriced for sure. Two of us ordered petite ribeyes, garlic
>> mashed potatos and some grilled veggies. One glass of wine and one Sam
>> Adams. With tip...right at $60
>> No need to go back again.

> Yikes!

I'm Australian
I've been here since April.
I was here before with the children in 2007.
I would not go there. Period.
I hope you don't think that's all we have to offer at home.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 10 Oct 2011 19:08:53 -0400, injipoint wrote:
>
>> I'm Australian
>> I've been here since April.
>> I was here before with the children in 2007.
>> I would not go there. Period.
>> I hope you don't think that's all we have to offer at home.

> Uh, The "Australian" in Outback steakhouse is just a gimmick. I
> disn't think anybody with a double digit IQ associates it with
> Australia.

Likewise Boston Market, Texas Roadhouse, St. Louis Bar and Grill, etc. etc.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

> On 10/10/2011 4:40 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
> > "Chemo the > wrote in message
> >> Decided to go to Outback last night. Hadn't been there in over 15
> >> years. Overpriced for sure. Two of us ordered petite ribeyes, garlic
> >> mashed potatos and some grilled veggies. One glass of wine and one Sam
> >> Adams. With tip...right at $60
> >> No need to go back again.

> > Yikes!
> >

> I'm Australian
> I've been here since April.
> I was here before with the children in 2007.
> I would not go there. Period.
> I hope you don't think that's all we have to offer at home.

Don't worry, most people don't equate Outback with real Australian
food and they know the commercials are just hype. Sorry to hear you
think Americans are that stupid, but that's your shortcoming not ours.
--

Never commit yourself to a cheese without having first examined it.
T.S. Eliot
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 10:17:10 +1000, atec77 > wrote:

> On 11/10/2011 9:25 AM, sf wrote:
> > On Mon, 10 Oct 2011 19:08:53 -0400, >
> > wrote:

> >> I'm Australian
> >> I've been here since April.
> >> I was here before with the children in 2007.
> >> I would not go there. Period.
> >> I hope you don't think that's all we have to offer at home.

> > Don't worry, most people don't equate Outback with real Australian
> > food and they know the commercials are just hype. Sorry to hear you
> > think Americans are that stupid, but that's your shortcoming not ours.

> some area of the bell curve cover slow and unable , some of the US
> covers bother ends of the curve and that's your shortcoming not ours

Since you brought up the Bell curve, I'll take the time to point out
that Australia adheres to the same standards - so I sincerely hope you
and injipoint are not residing on the left... but you, especially, act
like you are there.
--

Never commit yourself to a cheese without having first examined it.
T.S. Eliot
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/10/2011 8:45 PM, sf wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 10:17:10 +1000, > wrote:
>
>> On 11/10/2011 9:25 AM, sf wrote:

>>> Don't worry, most people don't equate Outback with real Australian
>>> food and they know the commercials are just hype. Sorry to hear you
>>> think Americans are that stupid, but that's your shortcoming not ours.

>> some area of the bell curve cover slow and unable , some of the US
>> covers bother ends of the curve and that's your shortcoming not ours

> Since you brought up the Bell curve, I'll take the time to point out
> that Australia adheres to the same standards - so I sincerely hope you
> and injipoint are not residing on the left... but you, especially, act
> like you are there.

I was not attempting to cast any aspersions. I have found that many
Americans I associate with are more willing to accept things they see
with a genuine interest, rather than adopt a cynical approach initially.
Of course, as the OP has discovered, once bitten....
The openness of Americans and their interest in the world at large
is one of their more endearing qualities.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

I apologize for including you in any small way in that ****ing match.
--

Never commit yourself to a cheese without having first examined it.
T.S. Eliot

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/10/2011 2:35 PM, Chemo the Clown wrote:
> On Oct 10, 11:13 am, > wrote:
>> On Oct 10, 11:08 am, Chemo the > wrote:
>>
>>> Decided to go to Outback last night. Hadn't been there in over 15
>>> years. Overpriced for sure. Two of us ordered petite ribeyes, garlic
>>> mashed potatos and some grilled veggies. One glass of wine and one Sam
>>> Adams. With tip...right at $60
>>> No need to go back again.

>> That's why we hardly ever go out!

> We like a place called Roadhouse Grill. We can have basically the same
> thing for half of what it cost us at Outback.

You can get all that for $15 per person? With the drinks?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 10, 11:23*pm, Cheryl > wrote:
> On 10/10/2011 2:35 PM, Chemo the Clown wrote:

> >> That's why we hardly ever go out!

> > We like a place called Roadhouse Grill. We can have basically the same
> > thing for half of what it cost us at Outback.

> You can get all that for $15 per person? *With the drinks?

And the tip. The OP said $60 with tip.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:

> Another joke is the "Fosters, Australian for beer" TV ad campaign
> they've used for years. It's brewed in Canada!

Same joke they played on us some years ago with "Heineken, the beer from
holland" when it was made under license in Genova and another place in
Italy.
--
ViLco
Let the liquor do the thinking

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:

> Now I wonder. I took the Heineken factory tour when in Amsterdam.
>
> Perhaps they brew in several countries to save on transportation
> costs, omit import taxes or maybe just varying alcohol content based
> on what a country will allow.

Just all of that and the taste, different in almost every country

> Canada also brews dozens of American beer brands!

This reminds me of americans smuggling cigarettes to Canada and canadians
smuggling liquors to USA
--
ViLco
Let the liquor do the thinking

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
> ImStillMags > wrote:
>
>> On Oct 10, 11:08 am, Chemo the Clown > wrote:
>>> Decided to go to Outback last night. Hadn't been there in over 15
>>> years. Overpriced for sure. Two of us ordered petite ribeyes, garlic
>>> mashed potatos and some grilled veggies. One glass of wine and one
>>> Sam Adams. With tip...right at $60
>>> No need to go back again.

>> So are you not going back because of the price....or because the food
>> wasn't good?
>>
>> Hate to tell you but the price was average.

> I've eaten at the Outback exactly twice. I forget if the food was any
> good but I knew a cook that worked there who told me they don't grill
> their steaks to achieve the grill marks, instead they get branded on.
>
> Even the boomerangs on the walls were fake, unable to return.
>
> I did stop in briefly to purchase a box of their steak knives. A box
> of 10 was $55. They're still in great condition!
>
> I do wish I'd tried a bloomin' onion.
>
> At a boomerang tournament we were sponsored by Outback and Foster's
> beer. We weren't allowed to drink the beer but Outback brought a
> catering truck and they served grilled steak cubes and salad. It was
> 114 F. on the field and the steak was soaking in such a spicy BBQ
> sauce that it wasn't remotely enjoyable to eat.
>
> Andy

I've never been to an Outback restaurant and have no need to try one,
but if they're decent steak knives, that interests me - is this a
standard item they always have for sale there? I'd have a meal there
just for that.

-S-

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 10, 8:23*pm, Cheryl > wrote:
> On 10/10/2011 2:35 PM, Chemo the Clown wrote:

> >> That's why we hardly ever go out!

> > We like a place called Roadhouse Grill. We can have basically the same
> > thing for half of what it cost us at Outback.

> You can get all that for $15 per person? *With the drinks?

Yep. they have a great $10 or under menu.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 11, 9:07*am, "Steve Freides" > wrote:
> Andy wrote:
> > ImStillMags > wrote:

> >> So are you not going back because of the price....or because the food
> >> wasn't good?

> >> Hate to tell you but the price was average.

> > I've eaten at the Outback exactly twice. I forget if the food was any
> > good but I knew a cook that worked there who told me they don't grill
> > their steaks to achieve the grill marks, instead they get branded on.

> > Even the boomerangs on the walls were fake, unable to return.

> > I did stop in briefly to purchase a box of their steak knives. A box
> > of 10 was $55. They're still in great condition!

> > I do wish I'd tried a bloomin' onion.

> > At a boomerang tournament we were sponsored by Outback and Foster's
> > beer. We weren't allowed to drink the beer but Outback brought a
> > catering truck and they served grilled steak cubes and salad. It was
> > 114 F. on the field and the steak was soaking in such *a spicy BBQ
> > sauce that it wasn't remotely enjoyable to eat.

> > Andy

> I've never been to an Outback restaurant and have no need to try one,
> but if they're decent steak knives, that interests me - is this a
> standard item they always have for sale there? *I'd have a meal there
> just for that.
>
> -S-

Big knives and big forks. I could do with a smaller fork.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 10 Oct 2011 15:55:41 -0500, Andy wrote:

> ImStillMags > wrote:
>
>> On Oct 10, 11:08*am, Chemo the Clown > wrote:
>>> Decided to go to Outback last night. Hadn't been there in over 15
>>> years. Overpriced for sure. Two of us ordered petite ribeyes, garlic
>>> mashed potatos and some grilled veggies. One glass of wine and one Sam
>>> Adams. With tip...right at $60
>>> No need to go back again.

>> So are you not going back because of the price....or because the food
>> wasn't good?
>>
>> Hate to tell you but the price was average.

> I've eaten at the Outback exactly twice. I forget if the food was any
> good but I knew a cook that worked there who told me they don't grill
> their steaks to achieve the grill marks, instead they get branded on.
>
> Even the boomerangs on the walls were fake, unable to return.

ohnoes!!!! fake boomerangs!!!! did you call the better business bureau?

blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 12:07:28 -0400, "Steve Freides" >
wrote:

> I've never been to an Outback restaurant and have no need to try one,
> but if they're decent steak knives, that interests me - is this a
> standard item they always have for sale there? I'd have a meal there
> just for that.

I stopped by the original Harris's on Hwy 5 for the first time last
week. I wasn't particularly impressed with their meat, but those
knives were huge/sturdy. I didn't think those knives gave any
implication about how good the quality of their meat was... they made
the opposite impression on me. If you need something that sturdy, the
meat must be tough. Husband said men like big knives. I dunno about
that, but if you give me a serrated knife and a hunk of beef, I think
"shoe leather".
--

Never commit yourself to a cheese without having first examined it.
T.S. Eliot
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 09:24:32 -0700 (PDT), Chemo the Clown
> wrote:

> Big knives and big forks. I could do with a smaller fork.

I like hefty silverware. Can't stand the cheap stuff that looks/feels
like it'll bend if you sneeze wrong.
--

Never commit yourself to a cheese without having first examined it.
T.S. Eliot

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 11, 10:35*am, sf > wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 09:24:32 -0700 (PDT), Chemo the Clown
>
> > wrote:
> > Big knives and big forks. I could do with a smaller fork.

> I like hefty silverware. *Can't stand the cheap stuff that looks/feels
> like it'll bend if you sneeze wrong.
> --
>
> Never commit yourself to a cheese without having first examined it.
> T.S. Eliot

the fork has a good feel to it but it's almost 2" Wide!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 10:38:49 -0700 (PDT), Chemo the Clown
> wrote:

> On Oct 11, 10:35*am, sf > wrote:
> > On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 09:24:32 -0700 (PDT), Chemo the Clown
> >
> > > wrote:
> > > Big knives and big forks. I could do with a smaller fork.

> > I like hefty silverware. *Can't stand the cheap stuff that looks/feels
> > like it'll bend if you sneeze wrong.
> > --
> >
> > Never commit yourself to a cheese without having first examined it.
> > T.S. Eliot

> the fork has a good feel to it but it's almost 2" Wide!!

I don't think I've ever seen a miniature pitchfork used as an eating
utensil!
--

Never commit yourself to a cheese without having first examined it.
T.S. Eliot
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/10/2011 6:40 PM, Andy wrote:

> Another joke is the "Fosters, Australian for beer" TV ad campaign they've
> used for years. It's brewed in Canada!

When we were in Australia the locals told us that no one there drinks
Fosters. I was glad to hear that as I do like to try local beers and
having tried Fosters in the US, I was reluctant to try any beer in
Australia. Fosters is not very good, IMHO.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 11, 11:55*am, sf > wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 10:38:49 -0700 (PDT), Chemo the Clown
>
> > wrote:
> > On Oct 11, 10:35*am, sf > wrote:
> > > On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 09:24:32 -0700 (PDT), Chemo the Clown

> > > I like hefty silverware. *Can't stand the cheap stuff that looks/feels
> > > like it'll bend if you sneeze wrong.
> > > --

> > > Never commit yourself to a cheese without having first examined it.
> > > T.S. Eliot

> > the fork has a good feel to it but it's almost 2" Wide!!

> I don't think I've ever seen a miniature pitchfork used as an eating
> utensil!
> --
>
> Never commit yourself to a cheese without having first examined it.
> T.S. Eliot

The forks there are a little longer than average as well as the length
of the tines. The width of the tines are really about 1 1/2' wide.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>Andy wrote:
>> ImStillMags > wrote:

>>> So are you not going back because of the price....or because the food
>>> wasn't good?
>>>
>>> Hate to tell you but the price was average.

>> I've eaten at the Outback exactly twice. I forget if the food was any
>> good but I knew a cook that worked there who told me they don't grill
>> their steaks to achieve the grill marks, instead they get branded on.
>>
>> Even the boomerangs on the walls were fake, unable to return.
>>
>> I did stop in briefly to purchase a box of their steak knives. A box
>> of 10 was $55. They're still in great condition!
>>
>> I do wish I'd tried a bloomin' onion.
>>
>> At a boomerang tournament we were sponsored by Outback and Foster's
>> beer. We weren't allowed to drink the beer but Outback brought a
>> catering truck and they served grilled steak cubes and salad. It was
>> 114 F. on the field and the steak was soaking in such a spicy BBQ
>> sauce that it wasn't remotely enjoyable to eat.
>>
>> Andy

>I've never been to an Outback restaurant and have no need to try one,
>but if they're decent steak knives, that interests me - is this a
>standard item they always have for sale there? I'd have a meal there
>just for that.

I'm sure you can buy better steak knives for half that price on line.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/10/2011 3:07 PM, Janet Wilder wrote:
> On 10/10/2011 6:40 PM, Andy wrote:
>
>> Another joke is the "Fosters, Australian for beer" TV ad campaign they've
>> used for years. It's brewed in Canada!

> When we were in Australia the locals told us that no one there drinks
> Fosters. I was glad to hear that as I do like to try local beers and
> having tried Fosters in the US, I was reluctant to try any beer in
> Australia. Fosters is not very good, IMHO.

You're absolutely spot on about that. Fosters is pure swill. Most of
the major breweries in Oz shove their rubbish in a tank on a Monday, put
chemicals in on a Tuesday then pull it out Wednesday and say they
"brewed" it. Or near enough. Four X in Qld, Victoria Bitter, Carlton
Draught, Swan, Emu Export, they're all garbage.

OTOH, there is a family brewery in South Australia called Coopers
which makes very good Sparkling Ale, Pale Ale, Dark Lager etc. I've
actually found it here in the States in the Whole Food Market in Las
Vegas. The Sparkling Ale is my favourite and has been for many years.
There are also lots of microbreweries that do a good job, same as here.

I think at one stage years ago Fosters had to be made in the UK and
shipped over to Europe as it didn't qualify as beer in Germany but
managed to sneak in under UK>Eurozone trade exemptions.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 12:15:29 -0700 (PDT), Chemo the Clown
> wrote:

> The forks there are a little longer than average as well as the length
> of the tines. The width of the tines are really about 1 1/2' wide.

I still haven't been to an Outback. Sounds like I should go just to
get a peek at their eating implements.
--

Never commit yourself to a cheese without having first examined it.
T.S. Eliot
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 11, 12:20*pm, sf > wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 12:15:29 -0700 (PDT), Chemo the Clown
>
> > wrote:
> > The forks there are a little longer than average as well as the length
> > of the tines. The width of the tines are really about 1 1/2' wide.

> I still haven't been to an Outback. *Sounds like I should go just to
> get a peek at their eating implements.
> --
>
> Never commit yourself to a cheese without having first examined it.
> T.S. Eliot

I was talking about the forks at Roadhouse Grill.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

injipoint > wrote:

>I think at one stage years ago Fosters had to be made in the UK and
>shipped over to Europe as it didn't qualify as beer in Germany but
>managed to sneak in under UK>Eurozone trade exemptions.

I understand beer brewed/sold in AU has thiamine (vitamin B1) added
to ward off the possibility of wet beriberi, whereas in some other
countries around the world such supplementation would be illegal.
So it's unlikely you get the same beer in AU, and elsewhere.

Steve
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/10/2011 3:25 PM, Steve Pope wrote:
> > wrote:
>
>> I think at one stage years ago Fosters had to be made in the UK and
>> shipped over to Europe as it didn't qualify as beer in Germany but
>> managed to sneak in under UK>Eurozone trade exemptions.

> I understand beer brewed/sold in AU has thiamine (vitamin B1) added
> to ward off the possibility of wet beriberi, whereas in some other
> countries around the world such supplementation would be illegal.
> So it's unlikely you get the same beer in AU, and elsewhere.
>
> Steve

Probably, although I am not certain that that has started yet?

Maybe it has. I know Heineken has some sort of preservative in it that
makes it not good but Heineken elsewhere is OK.

The goody-two-shoes brigade tries to do everything they
can to stop anyone having fun at anything and particularly with
alcohol.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 12:21:47 -0700 (PDT), Chemo the Clown
> wrote:

> On Oct 11, 12:20*pm, sf > wrote:
> > On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 12:15:29 -0700 (PDT), Chemo the Clown
> >
> > > wrote:
> > > The forks there are a little longer than average as well as the length
> > > of the tines. The width of the tines are really about 1 1/2' wide.

> > I still haven't been to an Outback. *Sounds like I should go just to
> > get a peek at their eating implements.
> > --

> I was talking about the forks at Roadhouse Grill.

Oh, sorry. Hadn't heard of that one until this thread. I'm a
Cattlemens person, myself. I get the Pete's Special - $16.99 for a
10oz sirloin and complimentary beverage which can be either
nonalcoholic or a good sized glass of beer/wine.
http://www.cattlemensrestaurants.com...DinnerMenu.pdf
They're a very small chain, and I hope they stay that way. Otherwise
I wouldn't be as enthusiastic about them. I lost interest in In-N-Out
when an outlet opened nearby. Before that, it was fun to hunt for
them on road trips.
--

Never commit yourself to a cheese without having first examined it.
T.S. Eliot
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 11, 12:42*pm, sf > wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 12:21:47 -0700 (PDT), Chemo the Clown
>
> > wrote:
> > On Oct 11, 12:20*pm, sf > wrote:
> > > On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 12:15:29 -0700 (PDT), Chemo the Clown

> > > I still haven't been to an Outback. *Sounds like I should go just to
> > > get a peek at their eating implements.
> > > --

> > I was talking about the forks at Roadhouse Grill.

> Oh, sorry. *Hadn't heard of that one until this thread. *I'm a
> Cattlemens person, myself. *I get the Pete's Special - $16.99 for a
> 10oz sirloin and complimentary beverage which can be either
> nonalcoholic or a good sized glass of beer/wine.http://www.cattlemensrestaurants.com...DinnerMenu.pdf
> They're a very small chain, and I hope they stay that way. *Otherwise
> I wouldn't be as enthusiastic about them. *I lost interest in In-N-Out
> when an outlet opened nearby. *Before that, it was fun to hunt for
> them on road trips.
> --
>
> Never commit yourself to a cheese without having first examined it.
> T.S. Eliot

He http://www.originalroadhousegrill.com/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 11, 3:55*pm, Chemo the Clown > wrote:
> On Oct 11, 12:42*pm, sf > wrote:
>

> > On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 12:21:47 -0700 (PDT), Chemo the Clown

> > > wrote:

> > > I was talking about the forks at Roadhouse Grill.

> > Oh, sorry. *Hadn't heard of that one until this thread. *I'm a
> > Cattlemens person, myself. *I get the Pete's Special - $16.99 for a
> > 10oz sirloin and complimentary beverage which can be either
> > nonalcoholic or a good sized glass of beer/wine.http://www.cattlemensrestaurants.com...DinnerMenu.pdf
> > They're a very small chain, and I hope they stay that way. *Otherwise
> > I wouldn't be as enthusiastic about them. *I lost interest in In-N-Out
> > when an outlet opened nearby. *Before that, it was fun to hunt for
> > them on road trips.
> > --

> > Never commit yourself to a cheese without having first examined it.
> > T.S. Eliot

> Hehttp://www.originalroadhousegrill.com/- Hide quoted text -

How are you getting $30 for two ribeyes and sides, a Sam Adams and a
glass of wine plus tip from THAT menu? And no, a non-descript "steak"
does not equal ribeye.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

injipoint wrote:

> I'm Australian
> I've been here since April.
> I was here before with the children in 2007.
> I would not go there. Period.
> I hope you don't think that's all we have to offer at home.

Not to worry.. we know all its just a chain restaurant gimmick.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
kop kop is offline

On Oct 12, 3:21*am, Chemo the Clown > wrote:
> On Oct 11, 12:20*pm, sf > wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 12:15:29 -0700 (PDT), Chemo the Clown

> > > wrote:
> > > The forks there are a little longer than average as well as the length
> > > of the tines. The width of the tines are really about 1 1/2' wide.

> > I still haven't been to an Outback. *Sounds like I should go just to
> > get a peek at their eating implements.
> > --

> > Never commit yourself to a cheese without having first examined it.
> > T.S. Eliot

> I was talking about the forks at Roadhouse Grill.

***Hey Chemo, I'm sure everyone is impressed with your galavanting
about town to various restaurants in a down economy but what does that
have to do with recipes, cooking, and food preparations...?...When I
worked full time at my hole in the wall, Outback moved in a few blocks
up and I use to frequent them quite a few times per year...Then they
got expensive and also changed their spice rubs for their steaks...I
had always ordered the same thing; small dinner size caesar salad,
bloomin onion, coconut shrimp, and the cajun rib eye with baked potato
and steamed veggies...The change was for the worse because any time I
went into an Outback after they changed precisely 2 hours after
leaving the dining establishment I'd spend another 2 hours on the
Pot!...Secondly, what does the size of the fork have to do with the
food, the taste, or preparation of the dish...Let's try to stay on
topic!

Outback Steve Pope General Cooking 2 10-01-2012 04:16 AM
Outback recipes Ozgirl Diabetic 35 28-02-2009 05:31 PM
Outback Sauce Blinky the Shark General Cooking 1 08-08-2007 08:24 PM
Outback Steakhouse cybercat General Cooking 160 15-07-2007 04:13 AM
Looking for outback brownies [email protected] General Cooking 0 01-01-2006 03:32 PM