Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nad Nad is offline

Default Open concept? Your opinion

Kalmia > wrote:
> On Oct 6, 11:46 pm, Who_me? > wrote:
>

>> When we sell this - shortly - we will buy another multi story home,
>> though maybe a little smaller.

> Be sure you have a room which you can convert to a bedroom in a hurry
> and a full bathroom on the first floor. You never know when a broken
> leg etc. can make those stairs a nightmare.
>
> Good luck selling, btw,

Also get a home that has extra wide doors to all rooms. You never know that
broken leg may put you in wheel chair. Standard door openings make it
difficult to enter rooms.

--
Enjoy Life... Nad
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> "sf" > wrote in message
>> On Mon, 10 Oct 2011 19:05:13 -0400, Honey Badger
>> > wrote:

>>> That's not what vaulted means, stupid!
>>>

>> I doubt she's been to as many open houses as you've been to, but
>> you're right that beams don't mean vaulted - although exposed beams
>> can be an architectural feature of a modern vaulted ceiling.
>>

> Barbara, why are you encouraging this person? Maybe I should have
> said it's a "cathedral" ceiling. It's still 22 ft. tall. I have a
> skylight in my master bathroom, too, and one in my garage.
>
> Jill

I posted the truth. Your cathedral ceiling isn't 22' high in a
one-story house, FYI.

-HB
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nad wrote:
> > wrote:
>> On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 00:04:01 +0000 (UTC), Nad
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> Just for the record, my real name has nothing to do with Nad or Dan.

>> Hey! When you first came here you said Nad spelled backwards was your
>> name.
>>> I am a male and never married. I learn from my friends that divorce cost a
>>> whole lot more than prostitutes.

>> That's certainly true.
>>> I have no money hidden in the walls, all invested in my home and property.

>> But you can tell all your friends that you have money in the walls and
>> on your property and you wouldn't be lying.

> From time to time, I change my name on the net, I use to go by the name Dan
> in the past here and elsewhere. But my name is not Dan, it use to be
> another handle. Dave was before Dan over ten years ago and Dave is not my
> name.
>
> One thing that has been consistent is I am a Male and live somewhere in
> Michigan, use to live in the city and now in the boondocks with very few
> neighbors and now retired. My best friend is a Yorkie.

That's sad...

-HB!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 7 Oct 2011 08:26:55 -0400, "jmcquown" >
> wrote:
>>
>> "Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
>> >
>> > "Janet Wilder" > wrote

>> > It must be exceptional. I've never seen ceiling lighting that is
>> > better
>> > and easier on the eyes than a table lamp. I really dislike overhead
>> > lighting in a home. Even at my office at work, my two windows provide
>> > enough light that I never turn the overheads on except for really dark
>> > days.

>> I'm with you there, Ed. And I don't have to climb on a ladder to change
>> the
>> bulbs.
>>

> Both types have their places. My living room doesn't have any
> overhead lighting, but ideally I'd like some focused on my artwork.
> As it is now, the art has up-lighting instead of down-lighting which
> is fine - but I'd like less "stuff" that I have to dust on my surfaces
> these days.

If you ask an art gallery (or an artist) they'll probably tell you lighting
down is preferred

I don't use the recessed lighting in the living room because I cannot
possibly change those light bulbs if they burn out. And I really don't want
to call an electrician and and say, "Hey, could you come over and change a
light bulb?" Yeah, sure, that will be $200. I'd rather use table lamps or
floor lamps. Or natural light. Just my preference.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 19:59:46 -0400, Honey Badger
> wrote:

>jmcquown wrote:
>>
>> "sf" > wrote in message
>>> On Mon, 10 Oct 2011 19:05:13 -0400, Honey Badger

>>> I doubt she's been to as many open houses as you've been to, but
>>> you're right that beams don't mean vaulted - although exposed beams
>>> can be an architectural feature of a modern vaulted ceiling.
>>>

>> Barbara, why are you encouraging this person? Maybe I should have
>> said it's a "cathedral" ceiling. It's still 22 ft. tall. I have a
>> skylight in my master bathroom, too, and one in my garage.
>>
>> Jill

>I posted the truth. Your cathedral ceiling isn't 22' high in a
>one-story house, FYI.

You don't know her house, I do. It's very common for a single story
house to have 10'-12' ceilings and have 12'+ attic height above the
joists... but living in your dingy basement apartment hovel you
wouldn't know. My barn has a cathedral ceiling, it's one story with a
partial loft but it's 32' from floor to peak... I'm sure my barn is
far nicer than that dump where you live.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 20:29:24 -0400, "jmcquown" >
wrote:

>"sf" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Fri, 7 Oct 2011 08:26:55 -0400, "jmcquown" >
>> wrote:

>>> I'm with you there, Ed. And I don't have to climb on a ladder to change
>>> the
>>> bulbs.
>>>

>> Both types have their places. My living room doesn't have any
>> overhead lighting, but ideally I'd like some focused on my artwork.
>> As it is now, the art has up-lighting instead of down-lighting which
>> is fine - but I'd like less "stuff" that I have to dust on my surfaces
>> these days.
>>

>If you ask an art gallery (or an artist) they'll probably tell you lighting
>down is preferred
>
>I don't use the recessed lighting in the living room because I cannot
>possibly change those light bulbs if they burn out. And I really don't want
>to call an electrician and and say, "Hey, could you come over and change a
>light bulb?" Yeah, sure, that will be $200. I'd rather use table lamps or
>floor lamps. Or natural light. Just my preference.

You can buy a pole that's used to change light bulbs, they come in
sections for easy storage.
http://www.amazon.com/Mr-Smart-Chang...8384083&sr=8-2
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Brooklyn1" <Gravesend1> wrote in message
> On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 20:29:24 -0400, "jmcquown" >
> wrote:
>

>>"sf" > wrote in message
. ..

>>> Both types have their places. My living room doesn't have any
>>> overhead lighting, but ideally I'd like some focused on my artwork.
>>> As it is now, the art has up-lighting instead of down-lighting which
>>> is fine - but I'd like less "stuff" that I have to dust on my surfaces
>>> these days.
>>>

>>If you ask an art gallery (or an artist) they'll probably tell you
>>lighting
>>down is preferred
>>
>>I don't use the recessed lighting in the living room because I cannot
>>possibly change those light bulbs if they burn out. And I really don't
>>want
>>to call an electrician and and say, "Hey, could you come over and change a
>>light bulb?" Yeah, sure, that will be $200. I'd rather use table lamps
>>or
>>floor lamps. Or natural light. Just my preference.

> You can buy a pole that's used to change light bulbs, they come in
> sections for easy storage.
> http://www.amazon.com/Mr-Smart-Chang...8384083&sr=8-2

how many rec.food.cooking types does it take to change a light bulb?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 18:59:23 -0700, "Pico Rico"
> wrote:

>"Brooklyn1" <Gravesend1> wrote in message
.. .
>> On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 20:29:24 -0400, "jmcquown" >
>> wrote:

>>>If you ask an art gallery (or an artist) they'll probably tell you
>>>lighting
>>>down is preferred
>>>
>>>I don't use the recessed lighting in the living room because I cannot
>>>possibly change those light bulbs if they burn out. And I really don't
>>>want
>>>to call an electrician and and say, "Hey, could you come over and change a
>>>light bulb?" Yeah, sure, that will be $200. I'd rather use table lamps
>>>or
>>>floor lamps. Or natural light. Just my preference.

>> You can buy a pole that's used to change light bulbs, they come in
>> sections for easy storage.
>> http://www.amazon.com/Mr-Smart-Chang...8384083&sr=8-2

>how many rec.food.cooking types does it take to change a light bulb?

Six Ricans to turn the ladder.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/11/2011 8:59 PM, Pico Rico wrote:
> how many rec.food.cooking types does it take to change a light bulb?

Don't know because some posters always seem to be in the dark.

George L
Posted to rec.food.cooking

i can appreciate you don't want to be bothered, but i guess my greed would
make me look anyway, lol, Lee
"jmcquown" > wrote in message

> "Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>> those woould be going to half or ebay, i think there is a decent marke t
>> for those types of books, same for decorations you don't want, especially
>> if you find some that you know the history of, Lee

> I can't be bothered with eBay. I already gave a bunch of military books
> to the Parris Island library. These are more like novels.
>
> I'm sure I'll remember the Christmas decorations. I grew up with them and
> they're nearly as old as I am, if not older. They probably still have
> fake "snow" on them. (They used to sell that stuff in spray cans.) I'll
> find out soon enough.
>
> Jill

>>> 65 isn't old... not by today's standards. Maybe consider looking in a
>>> different area? No one is chaining you to one spot
>>>
>>> I wish my someone had told my parents to leave "stuff" behind when they
>>> moved here I'm still finding stuff in this house. I thought I'd
>>> gone through every closet with a fine-tooth comb. Wrong! Just found a
>>> bunch of old books in the hall closet. I love books, don't get me
>>> wrong. But these are military books my father collected, not my usual
>>> have a cup of tea and read a book sort of material. LOL I'm also going
>>> to have a Christmas tree this year just so I can figure out what
>>> Christmas stuff is still in the attic. I'm sure there are ornaments I
>>> haven't seen in 35 years. It's going to be fun to decorate for a
>>> holiday I don't really observe
>>>
>>> Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

and its obvious this self appointed expert hasn't read anything worth
reading, what on earth regular exercise has with the inherint risks of
stairs in the home of an older person, which is very documented, boggles the
mind, i don't normally see its posts and i think i am glad of that, Lee
"jmcquown" > wrote in message

> "Who_me?" > wrote in message
>> On 8/10/2011 4:33 AM, Storrmmee wrote:
>>> besides, going directly against what all the evidence on aging and
>>> related
>>> accidents alone tells anyone with sense that every year you manage to
>>> live
>>> is another year closer to being safe and not using stairs, Lee

>> Nonsense. Elderly people who get small amounts of regular exercise are
>> much healthier. For instance those who walk daily are noticeably fitter
>> than those who either sit at home or only drive cars.
>>

> I walk around the block. Occasionally I ride my bicycle. But I don't
> want to climb stairs in my house. I prefer one level, thanks.
>
> Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

perfect examples of why stairs are not in my future, Lee
"Polly Esther" > wrote in message

> "jmcquown" <>
>> I walk around the block. Occasionally I ride my bicycle. But I don't
>> want to climb stairs in my house. I prefer one level, thanks.
>>

> A friend of mine broke her leg and could not do the stairs in their home.
> The only bathtubs and showers were upstairs. I don't know (or care) what
> she weighs but it took her husband and two neighbors to haul her up for
> bath time. Another friend had hip replacement. She had to sit on her
> stairs and haul herself up one step at a time. She was a good sport about
> it and their 4 dogs thought it was big fun. I'm sure both of them didn't
> realize that having only a half-bath on the first floor could spell such
> trouble. Polly

Posted to rec.food.cooking

its a huge mistake, and to not plan and consider these things when you have
the oppertunity is stupid... now if you knowingly choose to endanger
you/your spouse from some sense of being fit or invincible, i say lets let
nature take its course, and eliminate you... you are probably too old to
breed but you won't be using sensible resources that more sane people will
need to live to a much older age on a single floor, Lee
"jmcquown" > wrote in message

> "Brooklyn1" <Gravesend1> wrote in message
>> On Sun, 9 Oct 2011 21:56:10 -0500, "Polly Esther"
>> > wrote:
>>

>>>"jmcquown" <>
>>>>
>>>A friend of mine broke her leg and could not do the stairs in their home.
>>>The only bathtubs and showers were upstairs. I don't know (or care) what
>>>she weighs but it took her husband and two neighbors to haul her up for
>>>bath
>>>time. Another friend had hip replacement. She had to sit on her stairs
>>>and
>>>haul herself up one step at a time. She was a good sport about it and
>>>their
>>>4 dogs thought it was big fun. I'm sure both of them didn't realize that
>>>having only a half-bath on the first floor could spell such trouble.
>>>Polly

>> This sounds like a contrived fairy tale... all one needs is a sink, a
>> bar of soap and a wash cloth to take a bird bath... which is typical
>> with ones leg in a cast.

> Sure, that's all one needs... but it's not exactly the most satisfying way
> to bathe. I like to take a nice hot shower. And I have hair, so I wash
> it.
>
> When my parents built this house Mom thought a deep jetted tub was the way
> to go. It was de rigeur (HGTV didn't even exist back then). She was only
> about 10 years older than I am now. It got to the point where the tub was
> too tall for her to step into. Hell, it's hard for me to step into. I
> got a handle that attaches to the side of the tub so I can hold onto
> something and get in and out of it easily. Face it, when you're 20, 30,
> 40, you don't think about stuff like this. People don't plan on getting
> old. That's a big mistake.
>
> Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
> i can appreciate you don't want to be bothered, but i guess my greed would
> make me look anyway, lol, Lee

Greed? They're Christmas ornaments. They aren't worth anything. But I'm
pretty sure I'll remember them from when I was a kid.

Jill

> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>>> those woould be going to half or ebay, i think there is a decent marke t
>>> for those types of books, same for decorations you don't want,
>>> especially if you find some that you know the history of, Lee

>> I can't be bothered with eBay. I already gave a bunch of military books
>> to the Parris Island library. These are more like novels.
>>
>> I'm sure I'll remember the Christmas decorations. I grew up with them
>> and they're nearly as old as I am, if not older. They probably still
>> have fake "snow" on them. (They used to sell that stuff in spray cans.)
>> I'll find out soon enough.
>>
>> Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Pico Rico" > wrote in message

> "Brooklyn1" <Gravesend1> wrote in message
>> On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 20:29:24 -0400, "jmcquown" >
>> wrote:

>>>If you ask an art gallery (or an artist) they'll probably tell you
>>>lighting
>>>down is preferred
>>>
>>>I don't use the recessed lighting in the living room because I cannot
>>>possibly change those light bulbs if they burn out. And I really don't
>>>want
>>>to call an electrician and and say, "Hey, could you come over and change
>>>light bulb?" Yeah, sure, that will be $200. I'd rather use table lamps
>>>or
>>>floor lamps. Or natural light. Just my preference.

>> You can buy a pole that's used to change light bulbs, they come in
>> sections for easy storage.
>> http://www.amazon.com/Mr-Smart-Chang...8384083&sr=8-2

> how many rec.food.cooking types does it take to change a light bulb?

If you've got a 22 ft. ceiling it takes a lot of "rec.food.cooking types" to
change a light bulb. That's why I don't use the recessed lighting.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"jmcquown" > wrote:

> "Pico Rico" > wrote in message
> >
> > "Brooklyn1" <Gravesend1> wrote in message
> >> On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 20:29:24 -0400, "jmcquown" >

> >> You can buy a pole that's used to change light bulbs, they come in
> >> sections for easy storage.
> >> http://www.amazon.com/Mr-Smart-Chang...0I1C1RG/ref=sr
> >> _1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1318384083&sr=8-2

> > how many rec.food.cooking types does it take to change a light bulb?
> >

> If you've got a 22 ft. ceiling it takes a lot of "rec.food.cooking types" to
> change a light bulb. That's why I don't use the recessed lighting.

I had to laugh when I read Sheldon's response. A six foot pole for a 22
foot ceiling? Are you 16 feet tall? 10 foot stilts?

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> "Pico Rico" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Brooklyn1" <Gravesend1> wrote in message

>>> You can buy a pole that's used to change light bulbs, they come in
>>> sections for easy storage.
>>> http://www.amazon.com/Mr-Smart-Chang...8384083&sr=8-2
>>>

>> how many rec.food.cooking types does it take to change a light bulb?
>>

> If you've got a 22 ft. ceiling it takes a lot of "rec.food.cooking
> types" to change a light bulb. That's why I don't use the recessed
> lighting.
>
> Jill

22'? Not a chance in hell in a one-story house.

-HB
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 13 Oct 2011 09:52:38 -0700, Dan Abel > wrote:

>In article >,
> "jmcquown" > wrote:

>> > how many rec.food.cooking types does it take to change a light bulb?
>> >

>> If you've got a 22 ft. ceiling it takes a lot of "rec.food.cooking types" to
>> change a light bulb. That's why I don't use the recessed lighting.

>I had to laugh when I read Sheldon's response. A six foot pole for a 22
>foot ceiling? Are you 16 feet tall? 10 foot stilts?

You're even dumber than I imagined, you illiterate *******. There are
THREE 6' poles in the set, that gives 18' plus ones reach... and one
can buy extra poles if desired. And it's easy to manipulate an 18'
pole, I have a pole pruner that extends even further. Dan is truly
DISAbeled... keep laughing, RETARD!
http://www.amazon.com/Mr-Smart-Chang...8384083&sr=8-2

There's even a window cleaning kit one can attach... all one needs is
the ability to READ!

It's really stupid not to use those lights, even if you paid someone
to relamp they are going to use the same sort of pole... only a retard
like Dave DISAbeled would be stupid enough to set up scaffolding to
relamp... and they are not all going to burn out at once, would be
really dumb to hire someone for each bulb. Buy one, Jill, and do the
simple task yourself, couldn't take more than five minutes to screw
the thing together, change a bulb, and unscrew it.

I have several extension tools. Along with my pole pruner that I use
very often I have a chimney cleaning set, and recently I bought a set
of flexible rods that attach to a brush that I use to clean my clothes
dryer exhaust vent... my dryer is on an inside wall so I need to
attach 18' worth of sections to clean the entire vent... works like a
charm. It's amazing how much lint accumulates, and after cleaning my
clothes dry in half the time, the kit pays for itself with two
cleanings and much less chance of a fire. I don't have the bulb
relamping pole because I can reach all my ceiling lights from the
third rung of a six foot step ladder, but if I had lamps like Jills I
would definitely buy the $35 lamping pole and use my lights.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 13 Oct 2011 20:26:35 -0400, Honey Badger
> wrote:

>jmcquown wrote:

>> If you've got a 22 ft. ceiling it takes a lot of "rec.food.cooking
>> types" to change a light bulb. That's why I don't use the recessed
>> lighting.
>>
>> Jill

>22'? Not a chance in hell in a one-story house.

I've seen one but it was a 5600 sq.ft. ranch. The picture posted was
not 22'

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Honey Badger" > wrote in message
news
> jmcquown wrote:

>>> how many rec.food.cooking types does it take to change a light bulb?
>>>

>> If you've got a 22 ft. ceiling it takes a lot of "rec.food.cooking types"
>> to change a light bulb. That's why I don't use the recessed lighting.
>>
>> Jill

> 22'? Not a chance in hell in a one-story house.
>
> -HB

So what if there is no second floor? What, you can't build UP without
having a staircase? You're an idiot.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 15 Oct 2011 11:54:23 -0400, "jmcquown" >
wrote:

>"Honey Badger" > wrote in message
>news
>> jmcquown wrote:

>>> If you've got a 22 ft. ceiling it takes a lot of "rec.food.cooking types"
>>> to change a light bulb. That's why I don't use the recessed lighting.
>>>
>>> Jill

>> 22'? Not a chance in hell in a one-story house.
>>
>> -HB

>So what if there is no second floor? What, you can't build UP without
>having a staircase? You're an idiot.

That idiot never heard of attic space because he has nothing in his
attic.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

people pay big money for things you and i hhave enough sense to not pay that
for, if they are glass or ceramic or handpainted even more, Lee
"jmcquown" > wrote in message

> "Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>> i can appreciate you don't want to be bothered, but i guess my greed
>> would make me look anyway, lol, Lee

> Greed? They're Christmas ornaments. They aren't worth anything. But I'm
> pretty sure I'll remember them from when I was a kid.
>
> Jill

>>> I can't be bothered with eBay. I already gave a bunch of military books
>>> to the Parris Island library. These are more like novels.
>>>
>>> I'm sure I'll remember the Christmas decorations. I grew up with them
>>> and they're nearly as old as I am, if not older. They probably still
>>> have fake "snow" on them. (They used to sell that stuff in spray cans.)
>>> I'll find out soon enough.
>>>
>>> Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

after descriptions i really like this wine rack/table for snacks/breakfast.
we don't have dirty dishes except for perhaps one or two soaking i wash as
dh cooks... but the stool thing might be an issue will have to consider
that, Lee
"jmcquown" > wrote in message

> "Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>> outstanding, i have been fitzing with what to get for the house, we don't
>> entertain at home much, and we were planning a breakfast bar, so i saw
>> little/no need for kitchen table, this really might work, Lee

> No one can really tell you want you're going to want to live with for
> years to come. I really like having an eat-in kitchen. I have a separate
> dining room but it's rarely used. When my brother built his house he put
> in a breakfast bar. I don't know about you but I hated climbing up on
> tall bar stools to eat at a counter overlooking the sink and the dirty
> pots and pans. I'd rather have an actual table and chairs.
>
> Jill

>>> It's mostly iron below with a probably 3/4 inch thick wood top. Below
>>> is a wine rack that appears to hold 14 bottles. The feet of the unit
>>> are clawfooted iron?
>>>
>>> She has some sort of dried flower arrangement on top and a bunch of
>>> pictures. It lookes like without those, this would be a nifty small
>>> apartment piece near a door for catching gloves and mail and such on
>>> top. Below the wine holder part is an almost bandeau looking sinched
>>> in part where it looks like a glass plate could fit to hold wine
>>> glasses or a slide rack could be to suspend them below. There's no
>>> evidence of either wine glass holder in the picture, but the potential
>>> is there.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

we rarely eat at our computers, its just not a good habit to be in unless
you are far neater than we are. also we generally enjoy music while we are
eating, as meal times are best shared. when either of us is out the other
often eats something that is quicker to make and that would also be eaten at
a table instead of at the computer. Lee
"jmcquown" > wrote in message

> "Brooklyn1" <Gravesend1> wrote in message
>> "jmcquown" wrote:
>>>
>>>No one can really tell you want you're going to want to live with for
>>>years
>>>to come. I really like having an eat-in kitchen. I have a separate
>>>dining
>>>room but it's rarely used. When my brother built his house he put in a
>>>breakfast bar. I don't know about you but I hated climbing up on tall
>>>bar
>>>stools to eat at a counter overlooking the sink and the dirty pots and
>>>pans.
>>>I'd rather have an actual table and chairs.

>> Nowadays ones dining room table is often their pc desk.

>> alone I rarely eat at my kitchen table... I have a large "L" shaped
>> desk, there's plenty of space for all my electronics (snippage)
>>

> Not in my house. My desk is in the corner of the living room. I just
> don't use the formal dining room often. I don't use the good china or the
> good silverware often, either.
>
> I eat at the kitchen table all the time.
>
> Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> "Honey Badger" > wrote in message
> news
>> jmcquown wrote:

>>> If you've got a 22 ft. ceiling it takes a lot of "rec.food.cooking
>>> types" to change a light bulb. That's why I don't use the recessed
>>> lighting.
>>>
>>> Jill

>> 22'? Not a chance in hell in a one-story house.
>>
>> -HB

> So what if there is no second floor? What, you can't build UP without
> having a staircase? You're an idiot.
>
> Jill

There are many one-story homes with a vaulted/cathedral ceiling. I've
never seen one over 16' high. I still think you are full of shit if you
think your parent's house has a 22' ceiling.

-HB (As seen on TV!)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 15 Oct 2011 20:49:08 -0400, Honey Badger
> wrote:

>jmcquown wrote:
>>
>> "Honey Badger" > wrote in message
>> news

>>> 22'? Not a chance in hell in a one-story house.
>>>
>>> -HB

>> So what if there is no second floor? What, you can't build UP without
>> having a staircase? You're an idiot.
>>
>> Jill

>There are many one-story homes with a vaulted/cathedral ceiling. I've
>never seen one over 16' high.

You're guessing based on the typical 8' ceiling.

>I still think you are full of shit if you
>think your parent's house has a 22' ceiling.

Many houses have 10' ceilings and have steep roofs, it's easy to have
a 22' vaulted ceiling, that's actually not very high, many are over
30'... very typical with houses around golf courses where a certain
look is sought, functionality has nothing to do with it, especially in
mild climes But where there are heavy snow loads much steeper roofs
are more typical and serve a definite purpose. You should see some of
the homes built on golf courses around here, and those on the ski
slopes would knock your socks off, of course so would the prices but
that's another issue. Obviously Jill's parents weren't exactly poor,
and that is exactly what seems to bother the insecure *******s here...
you can go protest in NYC with the rest of losers.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 15 Oct 2011 20:49:08 -0400, Honey Badger
> wrote:
>
> There are many one-story homes with a vaulted/cathedral ceiling. I've
> never seen one over 16' high. I still think you are full of shit if you
> think your parent's house has a 22' ceiling.

Why do you care so much? I could tell you just about anything and
there's no way you could disprove it.

--
All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:
> On Sat, 15 Oct 2011 20:49:08 -0400, Honey Badger
> > wrote:
>> There are many one-story homes with a vaulted/cathedral ceiling. I've
>> never seen one over 16' high. I still think you are full of shit if you
>> think your parent's house has a 22' ceiling.
>>

> Why do you care so much? I could tell you just about anything and
> there's no way you could disprove it.

Other people may believe her lies.

-HB (As seen on TV!)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 17 Oct 2011 19:12:43 -0400, Honey Badger
> wrote:

> sf wrote:
> > On Sat, 15 Oct 2011 20:49:08 -0400, Honey Badger
> > > wrote:
> >> There are many one-story homes with a vaulted/cathedral ceiling. I've
> >> never seen one over 16' high. I still think you are full of shit if you
> >> think your parent's house has a 22' ceiling.
> >>

> > Why do you care so much? I could tell you just about anything and
> > there's no way you could disprove it.
> >

> Other people may believe her lies.

Does anything she says affect you in any way?

--
All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Oct 2011 19:12:43 -0400, Honey Badger
> > wrote:
>
>> sf wrote:
>>> On Sat, 15 Oct 2011 20:49:08 -0400, Honey Badger
>>>>
>>> Why do you care so much? I could tell you just about anything and
>>> there's no way you could disprove it.
>>>

>> Other people may believe her lies.
>>

> Does anything she says affect you in any way?

No - I don't give a shit. She's the drama queen, remember?

-HB

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 18 Oct 2011 19:14:55 -0400, Honey Badger
> wrote:

>sf wrote:
>> On Mon, 17 Oct 2011 19:12:43 -0400, Honey Badger
>> > wrote:

>>> Other people may believe her lies.
>>>

>> Does anything she says affect you in any way?
>>

>No - I don't give a shit.

Then why are you continuing to masturbate over Jill?

If my own one story house had a vaulted ceiling it would definitely be
over 22'. There's no reason why a single story house can't have puny
22' vaulted ceilings. I have a neighbor who owns a small one bedroom
A-Frame with a vaulted ceiling well over 22' I know several people who
own homes he http://brainardridge.com/

The Honey Badger must live in a cramped basement apartment with a very
low ceiling. Badgers live in hole in the ground, usually under a
rock. The honey badger can be considered an analogous form of weasel
(polecat). Honey badgers live alone in their holes. Their burrows
usually only have one passage and a nesting chamber and are usually
not large, being only 1–3 metres in length. They do not place bedding
into the nesting chamber. Although they usually dig their own burrows,
they may take over disused aardvark and warthog holes or termite
mounds. If you ever saw Jill's house you'd probably have a stroke.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 18 Oct 2011 19:14:55 -0400, Honey Badger
> wrote:

> sf wrote:
> > On Mon, 17 Oct 2011 19:12:43 -0400, Honey Badger
> > > wrote:

> >> Other people may believe her lies.
> >>

> > Does anything she says affect you in any way?
> >

> No - I don't give a shit. She's the drama queen, remember?

There are other, better, drama queens here. You're so focused on
Jill, I was beginning to wonder if this is a personal vendetta.

--
All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Oct 2011 19:14:55 -0400, Honey Badger
> > wrote:
>
>> sf wrote:
>>> On Mon, 17 Oct 2011 19:12:43 -0400, Honey Badger

>>> Does anything she says affect you in any way?
>>>

>> No - I don't give a shit. She's the drama queen, remember?
>>

> There are other, better, drama queens here. You're so focused on
> Jill, I was beginning to wonder if this is a personal vendetta.

There might be, but they are less vocal and less antagonistic.

-HB