Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default chopped champion

Any one know who won the chopped champion $50,000 event?

There were two women and two men going for the championship.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"big fish" > wrote in message ...
| Any one know who won the chopped champion $50,000 event?
|
| There were two women and two men going for the championship.

Danielle Saunders, one of the women.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Sep 29, 5:23*am, "big fish" > wrote:
> Any one know who won the chopped champion $50,000 event?
>
> There were two women and two men going for the championship.

The final two were the two women, the younger caterer who was very
creative and the chef whose food was always the best tasting. The
chef won. It was reallllllly close, they both were great. I agreed
with the decision.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 29, 8:11*am, ImStillMags > wrote:
> On Sep 29, 5:23*am, "big fish" > wrote:
>
> > Any one know who won the chopped champion $50,000 event?

> > There were two women and two men going for the championship.

> The final two were the two women, the younger caterer who was very
> creative and the chef whose food was always the best tasting. * *The
> chef won. * It was reallllllly close, they both were great. *I agreed
> with the decision.

The winner was the African-American woman, wasn't it? I thought her
food - as described - seemed very "plain," and "down-home." That
wouldn't have been who I chose. But then, I'm not a chef or a food
judge.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Thanks for the info. So glad that the finals came down to the two females.

On Sep 29, 8:11 am, ImStillMags > wrote:
> On Sep 29, 5:23 am, "big fish" > wrote:
>
> > Any one know who won the chopped champion $50,000 event?

> > There were two women and two men going for the championship.

> The final two were the two women, the younger caterer who was very
> creative and the chef whose food was always the best tasting. The
> chef won. It was reallllllly close, they both were great. I agreed
> with the decision.

The winner was the African-American woman, wasn't it? I thought her
food - as described - seemed very "plain," and "down-home." That
wouldn't have been who I chose. But then, I'm not a chef or a food
judge.

N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"big fish" > wrote in message
> Thanks for the info. So glad that the finals came down to the two females.

And if I said "I'm glad it came down to two men" I'd be branded as sexist.
Seems like you are.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Oct 3, 7:12*am, "Ed Pawlowski" > wrote:
> "big fish" > wrote in message

> > Thanks for the info. So glad that the finals came down to the two females.

> And if I said "I'm glad it came down to two men" I'd be branded as sexist..
> Seems like you are.

Ed, I don't think she's being sexist. Women have a hard time being
chef's. It seems to have been branded a "man's" job for way too many
years. I personally feel it's a good thing for women chefs to be
recognized.
They work really hard at it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"ImStillMags" > wrote in message
> On Oct 3, 7:12 am, "Ed Pawlowski" > wrote:
>> "big fish" > wrote in message

>> > Thanks for the info. So glad that the finals came down to the two
>> > females.

>> And if I said "I'm glad it came down to two men" I'd be branded as
>> sexist.
>> Seems like you are.

> Ed, I don't think she's being sexist. Women have a hard time being
> chef's. It seems to have been branded a "man's" job for way too many
> years. I personally feel it's a good thing for women chefs to be
> recognized.
> They work really hard at it.

True. all of that, but as a stand alone comment, it certainly sounds sexist.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 3, 7:47*am, ImStillMags > wrote:
> On Oct 3, 7:12*am, "Ed Pawlowski" > wrote:
>
> > "big fish" > wrote in message

> > > Thanks for the info. So glad that the finals came down to the two females.

> > And if I said "I'm glad it came down to two men" I'd be branded as sexist.
> > Seems like you are.

> Ed, I don't think she's being sexist. * Women have a hard time being
> chef's. *It seems to have been branded a "man's" job for way too many
> years. *I personally feel it's a good thing for women chefs to be
> recognized.
> They work really hard at it.

It's a man's world...everyone knows that.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote:

> "big fish" > wrote in message
> > Thanks for the info. So glad that the finals came down to the two females.
> >

> And if I said "I'm glad it came down to two men" I'd be branded as sexist.
> Seems like you are.

Your sentence wasn't quite the same. Leaving out the "the" in your
sentence might imply that any two men would be better than any two
women. Without the "the", the statement from big fish prompts the
question of why?

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message

> "big fish" > wrote in message
>> Thanks for the info. So glad that the finals came down to the two
>> females.
>>

> And if I said "I'm glad it came down to two men" I'd be branded as sexist.
> Seems like you are.

Oh please, don't try to find a sexist comment when there isn't one. I was
just happy to see the women in the competition do so well in a field where
they are so under-rated.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 29, 8:43*am, Nancy2 > wrote:
> On Sep 29, 8:11*am, ImStillMags > wrote:
>
> > On Sep 29, 5:23*am, "big fish" > wrote:

> > > Any one know who won the chopped champion $50,000 event?

> > > There were two women and two men going for the championship.

> > The final two were the two women, the younger caterer who was very
> > creative and the chef whose food was always the best tasting. * *The
> > chef won. * It was reallllllly close, they both were great. *I agreed
> > with the decision.

> The winner was the African-American woman, wasn't it? *I thought her
> food - as described - seemed very "plain," and "down-home." *That
> wouldn't have been who I chose. *But then, I'm not a chef or a food
> judge.
>
> N.

Is there a reason why you have to specify that it was the "African-
American" woman? I'd think you could be a little more descriptive
about who she is other than her ethnicity. She was the Chef and the
other woman was the caterer.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Chemo the Clown" > wrote
> Is there a reason why you have to specify that it was the "African-
> American" woman? I'd think you could be a little more descriptive
> about who she is other than her ethnicity. She was the Chef and the
> other woman was the caterer.

I bet 99% of the viewers forgot the chef/caterer distinction two minutes
after the introduction. Are you ashamed that an African-American won? Why
else would you care that is how she was distinguished. Maybe we should hide
Black History month too, since it is not a good idea to mention blacks
exist.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 4, 11:10*am, "Ed Pawlowski" > wrote:
> "Chemo the Clown" > wrote
>
> > Is there a reason why you have to specify that it was the "African-
> > American" woman? I'd think you could be a little more descriptive
> > about who she is other than her ethnicity. She was the Chef and the
> > other woman was the caterer.

> I bet 99% of the viewers forgot the chef/caterer distinction two minutes
> after the introduction. *Are you ashamed that an African-American won? *Why
> else would you care that is how she was distinguished. *Maybe we should hide
> Black History month too, since it is not a good idea to *mention blacks
> exist.

Why not just say the caucasian woman lost?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 4, 11:10*am, "Ed Pawlowski" > wrote:
> "Chemo the Clown" > wrote
>
> > Is there a reason why you have to specify that it was the "African-
> > American" woman? I'd think you could be a little more descriptive
> > about who she is other than her ethnicity. She was the Chef and the
> > other woman was the caterer.

> I bet 99% of the viewers forgot the chef/caterer distinction two minutes
> after the introduction. *Are you ashamed that an African-American won? *Why
> else would you care that is how she was distinguished. *Maybe we should hide
> Black History month too, since it is not a good idea to *mention blacks
> exist.

Why not have a white history month?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 3, 7:47*am, ImStillMags > wrote:
> On Oct 3, 7:12*am, "Ed Pawlowski" > wrote:
>
> > "big fish" > wrote in message

> > > Thanks for the info. So glad that the finals came down to the two females.

> > And if I said "I'm glad it came down to two men" I'd be branded as sexist.
> > Seems like you are.

> Ed, I don't think she's being sexist. * Women have a hard time being
> chef's. *It seems to have been branded a "man's" job for way too many
> years. *I personally feel it's a good thing for women chefs to be
> recognized.
> They work really hard at it.

You are right about that- my friend Pam and I used to joke about the
missing appendage it seemed to take to get ahead in the company we
worked for!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Chemo the Clown" > wrote
> Why not just say the caucasian woman lost?

Because, the question was "who won?" The proper answer was given. To say
who lost would be incorrect.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Chemo the Clown" > wrote

>> I bet 99% of the viewers forgot the chef/caterer distinction two minutes
>> after the introduction. Are you ashamed that an African-American won?
>> Why
>> else would you care that is how she was distinguished. Maybe we should
>> hide
>> Black History month too, since it is not a good idea to mention blacks
>> exist.

> Why not have a white history month?

And Hispanic, Asian, Pacific Islander, etc. OK by me.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

big fish wrote:

> Any one know who won the chopped champion $50,000 event?

The judges! I want to be a judge on one of these events.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 4, 2:16*pm, "Ed Pawlowski" > wrote:
> "Chemo the Clown" > wrote
>
> > Why not just say the caucasian woman lost?

> Because, the question was "who won?" *The proper answer was given. To say
> who lost would be incorrect.

Just say the woman who was a chef won. Why have to indicate what the
ethnic was. If the lady only had one eye, would you say, "the woman
with one eye won"?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Chemo the Clown" > wrote in message
> On Oct 4, 2:16 pm, "Ed Pawlowski" > wrote:
>> "Chemo the Clown" > wrote
>>
>> > Why not just say the caucasian woman lost?

>> Because, the question was "who won?" The proper answer was given. To say
>> who lost would be incorrect.

> Just say the woman who was a chef won. Why have to indicate what the
> ethnic was. If the lady only had one eye, would you say, "the woman
> with one eye won"?

Sure, that is an easy way to distinguish them. To say she was the chef
means nothing unless you happen to know the other woman was not a chef.
Fat, skinny, tall, red hair, all make quick identification quick and easy.

I've had blacks point out for me to "see that black guy over there"
(standing amongst non-blacks). Sorry, but trying to ignore the obvious is
plain silly and is not a slur of any sort.

Champion dog eats steak! Andy[_2_] General Cooking 89 24-02-2008 04:34 PM
Breakfast of Champion TammyM[_1_] General Cooking 3 15-04-2007 06:09 PM
champion grain mill??? RN Sourdough 1 02-12-2004 04:32 PM
Ever Do This With Your Champion Juicer ??? Mark Thorson General Cooking 3 14-08-2004 08:26 PM
FS: The Champion Juicer on eBayUK £250.00 Jacko Marketplace 0 19-02-2004 12:01 AM