Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default What Kitchen Appliances Can't You Be without?

I'm not talking about the usual bigger appliances that are found in a
kitchen, such as dish washer, microwave, refrigerator , stove, etc., but
ones such as a electric can opener (for instance). Do you have some
appliances that you use often and would be lost without?

I learned to cook with an electric skillet and mostly always have two on
hand, which I use daily. I would VERY much miss my Kitchen Aid mixer, as
I do a lot of baking, and would be lost without it too. I also have a
hand portable mixer, which is handy for a quick mix and smaller
quantities. My Cuisinart food processor is a Godsend. Also love our Bunn
coffeemaker. I have other appliances I use periodically, such as a mini
processor (for small jobs) and the can opener, deep fryer, waffle iron,
and blender, which I would miss, but not to the same degree as other
appliances.

Judy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Judy Haffner" > wrote in message

> I'm not talking about the usual bigger appliances that are found in a
> kitchen, such as dish washer, microwave, refrigerator , stove, etc., but
> ones such as a electric can opener (for instance). Do you have some
> appliances that you use often and would be lost without?
>
> I learned to cook with an electric skillet and mostly always have two on
> hand, which I use daily. I would VERY much miss my Kitchen Aid mixer, as
> I do a lot of baking, and would be lost without it too. I also have a
> hand portable mixer, which is handy for a quick mix and smaller
> quantities. My Cuisinart food processor is a Godsend. Also love our Bunn
> coffeemaker. I have other appliances I use periodically, such as a mini
> processor (for small jobs) and the can opener, deep fryer, waffle iron,
> and blender, which I would miss, but not to the same degree as other
> appliances.

I can live without any small kitchen appliances. I rarely use them at all.

Was given an electric can opener and eventually threw it away after never
being able to figure out how to use it.

I have a bread maker. It's in the garage. Never use it. Same for my
dehydrator.

Can't remember the last time I used my stand mixer or the hand mixer or even
my stick blender. Have a regular blender I haven't used since I moved in.
And I did buy a Magic Bullet to replace the broken one but never took it out
of the box.

I do have a food processor. I will be using it when I make meatloaf and
that will be fairly soon. But really? I can easily do without these things
and I did for many years.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 28/09/2011 4:58 PM, Judy Haffner wrote:

> I'm not talking about the usual bigger appliances that are found in a
> kitchen, such as dish washer, microwave, refrigerator , stove, etc., but
> ones such as a electric can opener (for instance). Do you have some
> appliances that you use often and would be lost without?
>
> I learned to cook with an electric skillet and mostly always have two on
> hand, which I use daily. I would VERY much miss my Kitchen Aid mixer, as
> I do a lot of baking, and would be lost without it too. I also have a
> hand portable mixer, which is handy for a quick mix and smaller
> quantities. My Cuisinart food processor is a Godsend. Also love our Bunn
> coffeemaker. I have other appliances I use periodically, such as a mini
> processor (for small jobs) and the can opener, deep fryer, waffle iron,
> and blender, which I would miss, but not to the same degree as other
> appliances.
>
> Judy

The one with the boobs. She is the only thing in my kitchen that I would
be lost without.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 28, 2:58*am, (Judy Haffner) wrote:
> I'm not talking abouttheusual bigger appliances that are foundina
> kitchen, such as dish washer, microwave, refrigerator , stove, etc., butones such as a electriccanopener (forinstance). Doyouhave someappliances thatyouuse often and would be lost without?
>
> I learned to cook with an electric skillet and mostly always have two on
> hand, which I use daily. I would VERY much miss my Kitchen Aid mixer, asI do a lot of baking, and would be lost without it too. I also have a
> hand portable mixer, which is handy for a quick mix and smallerquantities.. My Cuisinart food processor is a Godsend. Also love our Bunncoffeemaker. I have other appliances I use periodically, such as a miniprocessor (for small jobs) andthecanopener, deep fryer, waffle iron,and blender, which I would miss, but not tothesame degree as other
> appliances.
>
> Judy

I have no appliances that use electricity except for fridge, stove,
and microwave(which I use rarely). That's all that I need. Oh,
yeah. A coffee maker.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Judy Haffner" > wrote in message

> I'm not talking about the usual bigger appliances that are found in a
> kitchen, such as dish washer, microwave, refrigerator , stove, etc., but
> ones such as a electric can opener (for instance). Do you have some
> appliances that you use often and would be lost without?
>
> I learned to cook with an electric skillet and mostly always have two on
> hand, which I use daily. I would VERY much miss my Kitchen Aid mixer, as
> I do a lot of baking, and would be lost without it too. I also have a
> hand portable mixer, which is handy for a quick mix and smaller
> quantities. My Cuisinart food processor is a Godsend. Also love our Bunn
> coffeemaker. I have other appliances I use periodically, such as a mini
> processor (for small jobs) and the can opener, deep fryer, waffle iron,
> and blender, which I would miss, but not to the same degree as other
> appliances.
>
> Judy

I have all of the above, plus a few more. I love kitchen gadgets and would
hate to be without any of them, but especially the Bamix stick blender.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 27, 11:58*pm, (Judy Haffner) wrote:
> I'm not talking about the usual bigger appliances that are found in a
> kitchen, such as dish washer, microwave, refrigerator , stove, etc., but
> ones such as a electric can opener (for instance). Do you have some
> appliances that you use often and would be lost without?
>
> I learned to cook with an electric skillet and mostly always have two on
> hand, which I use daily. I would VERY much miss my Kitchen Aid mixer, as
> I do a lot of baking, and would be lost without it too. I also have a
> hand portable mixer, which is handy for a quick mix and smaller
> quantities. My Cuisinart food processor is a Godsend. Also love our Bunn
> coffeemaker. I have other appliances I use periodically, such as a mini
> processor (for small jobs) and the can opener, deep fryer, waffle iron,
> and blender, which I would miss, but not to the same degree as other
> appliances.
>
> Judy

my krupps convection toaster oven.

harriet & critters in azusa, ca
Member

2 days ago I lost my wine opener and had to drive 5 miles to get it. So I ordered an electric one from amazon. Its superb. Also simply cant have wine without my wine aerator.

Can opener and waffle iron for me too. Cooking on the burner if microwave isnt working is much easier than opening a can with a screw driver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy Haffner View Post
[...]

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Sep 27, 11:58*pm, (Judy Haffner) wrote:
> I'm not talking about the usual bigger appliances that are found in a
> kitchen, such as dish washer, microwave, refrigerator , stove, etc., but
> ones such as a electric can opener (for instance). Do you have some
> appliances that you use often and would be lost without?

My Vita-Mix, Cuisinart, stick blender, Kitchen Aid mixer and coffee/
espresso maker. Don't own a microwave.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 28, 2:58*am, (Judy Haffner) wrote:
> I'm not talking about the usual bigger appliances that are found in a
> kitchen, such as dish washer, microwave, refrigerator , stove, etc., but
> ones such as a electric can opener (for instance). Do you have some
> appliances that you use often and would be lost without?
>
> I learned to cook with an electric skillet and mostly always have two on
> hand, which I use daily. I would VERY much miss my Kitchen Aid mixer, as
> I do a lot of baking, and would be lost without it too. I also have a
> hand portable mixer, which is handy for a quick mix and smaller
> quantities. My Cuisinart food processor is a Godsend. Also love our Bunn
> coffeemaker. I have other appliances I use periodically, such as a mini
> processor (for small jobs) and the can opener, deep fryer, waffle iron,
> and blender, which I would miss, but not to the same degree as other
> appliances.
>
> Judy

Can't be without? That's a bit extreme. I DO use and appreciate my
small food processor
toaster oven
bread machine
microwave oven
waffle iron
crockpot

Actually, I could survive without any of these -- just gimme a sharp
knife or two and a cutting board.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/28/2011 2:58 AM, Judy Haffner wrote:

> I'm not talking about the usual bigger appliances that are found in a
> kitchen, such as dish washer, microwave, refrigerator , stove, etc., but
> ones such as a electric can opener (for instance). Do you have some
> appliances that you use often and would be lost without?
>
> I learned to cook with an electric skillet and mostly always have two on
> hand, which I use daily. I would VERY much miss my Kitchen Aid mixer, as
> I do a lot of baking, and would be lost without it too. I also have a
> hand portable mixer, which is handy for a quick mix and smaller
> quantities. My Cuisinart food processor is a Godsend. Also love our Bunn
> coffeemaker. I have other appliances I use periodically, such as a mini
> processor (for small jobs) and the can opener, deep fryer, waffle iron,
> and blender, which I would miss, but not to the same degree as other
> appliances.

Foodsaver -- the newer hands-free model
Kitchen aid mixer -- I gave away my hand mixer
Mini Krupps food processor for veggies and cheese
Coffee bean grinder
Meat grinder
immersion blender
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 09/27/2011 11:58 PM, Judy Haffner wrote:

> I'm not talking about the usual bigger appliances that are found in a
> kitchen, such as dish washer, microwave, refrigerator , stove, etc., but
> ones such as a electric can opener (for instance). Do you have some
> appliances that you use often and would be lost without?

Nope. Good knife, decent cutting board, some sort of pot and pan, and
I'm good to go.

Serene

--
http://www.momfoodproject.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Judy Haffner" > wrote in message

> I'm not talking about the usual bigger appliances that are found in a
> kitchen, such as dish washer, microwave, refrigerator , stove, etc., but
> ones such as a electric can opener (for instance). Do you have some
> appliances that you use often and would be lost without?

Your "for instance" rang a bell. I was given an electric can opener as a
bridal shower gift. I hated it. When the power goes out you really don't
want to have to rely on an electric can opener. And when you don't have
electricity pretty much all you can do is open cans and fire up the grill

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/29/2011 10:40 AM, jmcquown wrote:

> "Judy Haffner" > wrote in message
>>
>> I'm not talking about the usual bigger appliances that are found in a
>> kitchen, such as dish washer, microwave, refrigerator , stove, etc., but
>> ones such as a electric can opener (for instance). Do you have some
>> appliances that you use often and would be lost without?
>>

> Your "for instance" rang a bell. I was given an electric can opener as a
> bridal shower gift. I hated it. When the power goes out you really don't
> want to have to rely on an electric can opener. And when you don't have
> electricity pretty much all you can do is open cans and fire up the
> grill

All the way through our long and generally happy marriage my wife insisted
on using an electric can opener and I regarded it as a waste of counter
space
and used a manual. We gave up trying to convince each other after a year.

What I do find necessary is an electric coffee grinder. In fact, I have
no other way to grind coffee beans for my ancient Mr Coffee machine. I
have a second identical grinder for spices. I find a two-cup Cuisinart
food processor essential. (I do have a full sized one that I seldom
use.) I use an electric hot tray to keep food warm in my kitchen and I
don't know what I'd do without it. Another much used appliance is my
40-year old Japanese automatic rice cooker.

--

James Silverton, Potomac

I'm *not*
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 28, 2:58*am, (Judy Haffner) wrote:
> I'm not talking about the usual bigger appliances that are found in a
> kitchen, such as dish washer, microwave, refrigerator , stove, etc., but
> ones such as a electric can opener (for instance). Do you have some
> appliances that you use often and would be lost without?
>
> I learned to cook with an electric skillet and mostly always have two on
> hand, which I use daily. I would VERY much miss my Kitchen Aid mixer, as
> I do a lot of baking, and would be lost without it too. I also have a
> hand portable mixer, which is handy for a quick mix and smaller
> quantities. My Cuisinart food processor is a Godsend. Also love our Bunn
> coffeemaker. I have other appliances I use periodically, such as a mini
> processor (for small jobs) and the can opener, deep fryer, waffle iron,
> and blender, which I would miss, but not to the same degree as other
> appliances.
>
> Judy

I like my micro wave to steam my vegetables in the silicon covered
dishes.

Lucille

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Judy Haffner wrote:

> I'm not talking about the usual bigger appliances that are found in a
> kitchen, such as dish washer, microwave, refrigerator , stove, etc., but
> ones such as a electric can opener (for instance). Do you have some
> appliances that you use often and would be lost without?

The ones that stay on the counter evolve over the years. Even our
toaster has moved to the shelves at a few points. So has the mixer and
even the coffee machine. I think those are the ones that have the
highest percentage of time on the counter.

The toaster oven or convection oven held space for a pretty long time.

One of the most surprising one that has a lot of counter time is the
Magic Bullet miniture blender.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 29, 4:17*pm, Doug Freyburger > wrote:
> Judy Haffner wrote:
>
> > I'm not talking about the usual bigger appliances that are found in a
> > kitchen, such as dish washer, microwave, refrigerator , stove, etc., but
> > ones such as a electric can opener (for instance). Do you have some
> > appliances that you use often and would be lost without?

> The ones that stay on the counter evolve over the years. *Even our
> toaster has moved to the shelves at a few points. *So has the mixer and
> even the coffee machine. *I think those are the ones that have the
> highest percentage of time on the counter.
>
> The toaster oven or convection oven held space for a pretty long time.
>
> One of the most surprising one that has a lot of counter time is the
> Magic Bullet miniture blender.

What's your guideline for giving something countertop space? Once a
day? Twice a day? There has to be a size factor too, I would think.

For some reason, my lemon reamer gets countertop billing, but if I
move it, it'll upset mys 'system.' It lives in teh smallest caddy
but gets used maybe twice a week.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 28, 2:58*am, (Judy Haffner) wrote:
> I'm not talking about the usual bigger appliances that are found in a
> kitchen, such as dish washer, microwave, refrigerator , stove, etc., but
> ones such as a electric can opener (for instance). Do you have some
> appliances that you use often and would be lost without?
>
> I learned to cook with an electric skillet and mostly always have two on
> hand, which I use daily. I would VERY much miss my Kitchen Aid mixer, as
> I do a lot of baking, and would be lost without it too. I also have a
> hand portable mixer, which is handy for a quick mix and smaller
> quantities. My Cuisinart food processor is a Godsend. Also love our Bunn
> coffeemaker. I have other appliances I use periodically, such as a mini
> processor (for small jobs) and the can opener, deep fryer, waffle iron,
> and blender, which I would miss, but not to the same degree as other
> appliances.

My counter is pretty cluttered, but the "appliance", if you can call
it that, is a cutting board. Knife rack too.

Jerry
--
Engineering is the art of making what you want from things you can
get.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Kalmia wrote:
> Doug Freyburger > wrote:
>
>> The ones that stay on the counter evolve over the years. *Even our
>> toaster has moved to the shelves at a few points. *So has the mixer and
>> even the coffee machine. *I think those are the ones that have the
>> highest percentage of time on the counter.

> What's your guideline for giving something countertop space? Once a
> day? Twice a day? There has to be a size factor too, I would think.

For actually moving items from the counter to the pantry shelf, it
happens as needed. For moving items from the panty shelf to the garage
shelf and eventually to the donate/trash/recycle bins it happens at the
occasional clean up project.

I was thinking of what small appliances seem to stay on the counter year
after year.

> For some reason, my lemon reamer gets countertop billing, but if I
> move it, it'll upset mys 'system.' It lives in teh smallest caddy
> but gets used maybe twice a week.

There are hand ones that live on a hook board. Strainers and assorted
gadgets that are closer in size to pots than to knives. Some of those
only get used a few times per year that are there mostly as show like
the food sieve but most get used more than monthly.

If I tried to remember the items that spent weeks or months on my
counter the list would get longer. Food processor almost qualifies for
year to year, Crockpot, Tilia Foodsaver, blender. Those are the ones
that seem to be on the counter a sizable fraction of the year.

Some are in the pantry shelf because they get moved to the kitchen then
back to the panty when we're done with them. The biggest is my home
brewing kit that gets used for 2-4 batches of ale or mead per year.
There's a food mill, a bunch of odd shaped pots and pans, various
electrical gadgets.

One item we light is that "See the Light" infrared baking units with the
clear plastic rings. I think we like it because my wife got it at a
garage sale for $5. If we had paid full price it would have long since
gone to the garage.

One that seems to bounce between the garage and the pantry is the
dehumidifier. Dried fruit comes and goes at home.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nad Nad is offline

Doug Freyburger > wrote:

> I was thinking of what small appliances seem to stay on the counter year
> after year.

Does the clock radio / CD Player count ?
I cook with it all the time.

--
Nad

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> "Judy Haffner" > wrote in message
>>
>> I'm not talking about the usual bigger appliances that are found in a
>> kitchen, such as dish washer, microwave, refrigerator , stove, etc., but
>> ones such as a electric can opener (for instance). Do you have some
>> appliances that you use often and would be lost without?
>>

> Your "for instance" rang a bell. I was given an electric can opener
> as a bridal shower gift. I hated it. When the power goes out you
> really don't want to have to rely on an electric can opener. And when
> you don't have electricity pretty much all you can do is open cans and
> fire up the grill
>
> Jill

Did it outlast your marriage?

-HB
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 29 Sep 2011 20:05:37 -0400 in rec.food.cooking, Honey Badger
> wrote,
>jmcquown wrote:
>>
>> "Judy Haffner" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> I'm not talking about the usual bigger appliances that are found in a
>>> kitchen, such as dish washer, microwave, refrigerator , stove, etc., but
>>> ones such as a electric can opener (for instance). Do you have some
>>> appliances that you use often and would be lost without?
>>>

>> Your "for instance" rang a bell. I was given an electric can opener
>> as a bridal shower gift. I hated it. When the power goes out you
>> really don't want to have to rely on an electric can opener. And when
>> you don't have electricity pretty much all you can do is open cans and
>> fire up the grill
>>
>> Jill

>Did it outlast your marriage?

A friend gave me an electric can opener, a good many years ago now,
when I broke my arm. It didn't last long (plastic gears should be
illegal) but it lasted until I could use both hands again.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 28 Sep 2011 18:26:04 +0000, greghouse
> wrote:

> 2 days ago I lost my wine opener and had to drive 5 miles to get it. So
> I ordered an electric one from amazon. Its superb.

Electric wine opener? You must be a person who has everything.

> Also simply cant have wine without my wine aerator.

I saw one the other day that went in the top of the bottle like a cork
and you poured through it. It was only $15. I should have gotten it
but wasn't in the right mood. Now I wish I'd bought one.

--

You are what you eat, so avoid fruitcake and nuts.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 28 Sep 2011 22:25:28 -0400, Cheryl >
wrote:

> Foodsaver -- the newer hands-free model
> Kitchen aid mixer -- I gave away my hand mixer
> Mini Krupps food processor for veggies and cheese
> Coffee bean grinder
> Meat grinder
> immersion blender

Isn't it funny what some people find indispensable and what others can
live without? I like my KA, but don't "need" it for anything... even
when I have to stand there and whip eggs for 7 minutes. A hand mixer
is good enough for me. I don't use it very often, but it's one of
those essential items.

--

You are what you eat, so avoid fruitcake and nuts.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf replied to greg:

>> 2 days ago I lost my wine opener and had to drive 5 miles to get it. So I
>> ordered an electric one from amazon. Its superb.

> Electric wine opener? You must be a person who has everything.

I bet he doesn't have silicone crumpet rings.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 29 Sep 2011 19:59:34 -0700, "Bob Terwilliger"
> wrote:

> sf replied to greg:
>
> >> 2 days ago I lost my wine opener and had to drive 5 miles to get it. So I
> >> ordered an electric one from amazon. Its superb.

> > Electric wine opener? You must be a person who has everything.

> I bet he doesn't have silicone crumpet rings.

<laughing> I even had to break down and shop via the internet to buy
them!

--

You are what you eat, so avoid fruitcake and nuts.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Honey Badger" > wrote in message
> jmcquown wrote:
>>
>> "Judy Haffner" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> I'm not talking about the usual bigger appliances that are found in a
>>> kitchen, such as dish washer, microwave, refrigerator , stove, etc., but
>>> ones such as a electric can opener (for instance). Do you have some
>>> appliances that you use often and would be lost without?
>>>

>> Your "for instance" rang a bell. I was given an electric can opener as a
>> bridal shower gift. I hated it. When the power goes out you really
>> don't want to have to rely on an electric can opener. And when you don't
>> have electricity pretty much all you can do is open cans and fire up the
>> grill
>>
>> Jill

> Did it outlast your marriage?
>
> -HB

WTF is your problem HB, or should I call you Roy? My marriage is none of
your business and that's not the topic at hand. TROLL!!!!!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 30, 2:24*pm, "jmcquown" > wrote:
> "Honey Badger" > wrote in message

> > jmcquown wrote:

> >> Your "for instance" rang a bell. *I was given an electric can opener as a
> >> bridal shower gift. *I hated it. *When the power goes out you really
> >> don't want to have to rely on an electric can opener. *And when you don't
> >> have electricity pretty much all you can do is open cans and fire up the
> >> grill

> >> Jill

> > Did it outlast your marriage?

> > -HB

> WTF is your problem HB, or should I call you Roy? *My marriage is none of
> your business and that's not the topic at hand. *TROLL!!!!!- Hide quoted text -

Oh, SNAP! Button pushed.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 27, 11:58 pm, (Judy Haffner) wrote:
> I'm not talking about the usual bigger appliances that are found in a
> kitchen, such as dish washer, microwave, refrigerator , stove, etc., but
> ones such as a electric can opener (for instance). Do you have some
> appliances that you use often and would be lost without?

If countertop real estate is the criterion, the most indispensible one
is the coffee grinder. I really should get a hand-cranked version as a
backup. The next hardest-to-get-along-without is the toaster.
Although, after years of camping I can make toast by holding a slice
of bread with wire tongs over a burner.

The coffeemaker can be replaced with water boiled on the stove, poured
into either a French press or a Chemex. And, although I would have to
read how to do it properly on the stove, I suppose we could do without
the rice cooker.

We seldom get out the (hand) mixer. The Osterizer sees a lot more use,
but it lives in a cabinet, as does the slow cooker/deep fryer (for
making stocks with the liner in, and Buffalo wings with the liner out)
And the Cuisinart we got as a present seems like so much junk to drag
out and then clean.

> I learned to cook with an electric skillet and mostly always have two on
> hand, which I use daily.

We have one in the garage for frying chicken or making Wiener
schnitzel, for which it is invaluable.

> I would VERY much miss my Kitchen Aid mixer, as
> I do a lot of baking, and would be lost without it too.

Depending on what we're doing, a wire whisk or wooden spoon
substitutes.

> I also have a
> hand portable mixer, which is handy for a quick mix and smaller
> quantities. My Cuisinart food processor is a Godsend. Also love our Bunn
> coffeemaker. I have other appliances I use periodically, such as a mini
> processor (for small jobs) and the can opener, deep fryer, waffle iron,
> and blender, which I would miss, but not to the same degree as other
> appliances.

My wife uses a mini chop or a spice grinder a couple of times a month,
each.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Judy Haffner" wrote in message

I'm not talking about the usual bigger appliances that are found in a
kitchen, such as dish washer, microwave, refrigerator , stove, etc., but
ones such as a electric can opener (for instance). Do you have some
appliances that you use often and would be lost without?

Judy

- - - - - - - - - -

My electric can opener, without a doubt! I open cans of cat food every day,
and arthritis in my hands make it painful for me to use those pull-rings or
even a manual can opener. Ironically, I seldom use it for my own food
because I almost never use canned food for myself.

MaryL

Posted to rec.food.cooking

MaryL wrote:

>My electric can opener, without a doubt!
> I open cans of cat food every day, and
> arthritis in my hands make it painful for
> me to use those pull-rings or even a
> manual can opener. Ironically, I seldom
> use it for my own food because I almost
> never use canned food for myself.

Same here, Mary! I hate manual can openers with a passion! I have 5
hungry cats to feed! =^,,^=

Another electric appliance I forgot about, and would add to my list of
'most' favorite, would be my Crock Pot. I don't use it all that often,
but when I do, I want it within a arm's reach. I just bought a new one,
as my other one was so old, and didn't seem to be cooking food as good
as it once did, but guess all kinds of things slow down with age! LOL

Judy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> "Honey Badger" > wrote in message
>> jmcquown wrote:

>>> Your "for instance" rang a bell. I was given an electric can opener
>>> as a bridal shower gift. I hated it. When the power goes out you
>>> really don't want to have to rely on an electric can opener. And
>>> when you don't have electricity pretty much all you can do is open
>>> cans and fire up the grill
>>>
>>> Jill

>> Did it outlast your marriage?
>>
>> -HB

> WTF is your problem HB, or should I call you Roy? My marriage is none
> of your business and that's not the topic at hand. TROLL!!!!!

You can call me Randall, and yes, this was the topic!

-HB