Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Looking For "Chewy" Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe-Not Soft Or C...

On Sep 26, 5:37*am, "Storrmmee" > wrote:
> i was referring to what one could learn on tv, knowing a process is vastly
> different from developing skills from knowing about it, i am sure one simple
> class doesn't make one an expert on any particular skill set, cooking or
> not, but to claim that veiwing a tv show does the same is really silly, and
> that was my point, i didn't mean to infer that years ow work and practice
> was discounted, as you know, i can tell from the recipes you post,
> experience in general and experimintation, are the only way to improve
> skills,
>
> I hope tha t makes sense,
>
> Lee"Bob Terwilliger" > wrote in message
>
> b.com...
>

> > Lee wrote:

> >> if you take one cooking class from a reputable school you learn all of
> >> that science stuff

> > This is simply not true. People take YEARS to acquire that kind of
> > knowledge, and some of the people on the forefront (e.g. Harold McGee and
> > Shirley Corriher) are still experimenting and learning after thirty years.

That's not what you said in original response you top posting twit.
You're great at back peddling.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 26, 5:39*am, "Storrmmee" > wrote:
> and your attching yourself to bob's post doesn't reduce your vulgarity or
> attempts to improve your status in your own eyes... just because he
> responded with a civilized disagreement to me, in no way validates you, your
> opinion or your rude manner of posting, Lee"ItsJoanNotJoann" > wrote in message

> On Sep 25, 8:34 pm, "Bob Terwilliger" >
> wrote:
>
> > Lee wrote:
> > > if you take one cooking class from a reputable school you learn all of
> > > that science stuff

> > This is simply not true. People take YEARS to acquire that kind of
> > knowledge, and some of the people on the forefront (e.g. Harold McGee and
> > Shirley Corriher) are still experimenting and learning after thirty years.

> > Bob

> True, true. *Shirley is sharp as a tack and I love it when she makes
> appearances on Alton's show. *But people tend to miss out on these
> little gems when Disney and American Idol are their normal tv fare.

I was responding to Bob's post and not to you nitwit. Notice I
responded as is appreciated and not a top poster as yourself. If
you'd learn to read and then respond in a proper manner then these
squirrely posts you are making would make sense.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 26, 8:48*am, "Cheri" > wrote:
> > "ItsJoanNotJoann" > wrote in message

> >> Thanks, Cheri.....for a minute I almost forgot what group I was in and
> >> thought I was in the A. I. group! =:-}

> >> I was tickled to find this group, as cooking 'n' baking have always been
> >> my most favorite pastime, and enjoy talking to other happy cookers!

> >> Judy

> > Both of you will have to deal with it.

> Ha, ha, ha...as if. You sound a lot like the *web tv'er* that came from the
> web tv group and started ragging on Judy in the AI group last season.
>
> Cheri

Nope, I wouldn't be caught dead watching American Idol, Dancing with
the Stars or any of those other intelligence insulting programs.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 26, 9:11*am, "Cheri" > wrote:
> "ItsJoanNotJoann" > wrote in message

> True, true. *Shirley is sharp as a tack and I love it when she makes
> appearances on Alton's show. *But people tend to miss out on these
> little gems when Disney and American Idol are their normal tv fare.
>
> =========
>
> LMAO, all these insults coming from *web tv* land no less. Bite me.
>
> Cheri

Bite my ass bitch.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"ItsJoanNotJoann" > wrote in message
On Sep 26, 5:39 am, "Storrmmee" > wrote:
> and your attching yourself to bob's post doesn't reduce your vulgarity or
> attempts to improve your status in your own eyes... just because he

I was responding to Bob's post and not to you nitwit. Notice I
responded as is appreciated and not a top poster as yourself. If
you'd learn to read and then respond in a proper manner then these
squirrely posts you are making would make sense.

==========

She's blind, you ignorant clod.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" > wrote in message
> "ItsJoanNotJoann" > wrote in message
> On Sep 26, 5:39 am, "Storrmmee" > wrote:
>> and your attching yourself to bob's post doesn't reduce your vulgarity or
>> attempts to improve your status in your own eyes... just because he

> I was responding to Bob's post and not to you nitwit. Notice I
> responded as is appreciated and not a top poster as yourself. If
> you'd learn to read and then respond in a proper manner then these
> squirrely posts you are making would make sense.
>
> ==========
>
> She's blind, you ignorant clod.
>
> Cheri

This post has gone too far downhill but I'll climb in anyway. Just what
Superior Authority decided that posts MUST BE bottom posted? For whose
convenience? Beats me. I really don't need to wade through every line
since Genesis again and again et boredom to see what anyone else would like
to contribute.
If we've read what comes before, why not simply reply? No need to copy.
No need to carry forward. Might have been necessary when we were running
our computers on kerosene.
It makes my old heart happy that Lee can participate without being able
to see. I object to the notion that bottom posting is preferred. By whom
and why? No more bottom posting from here. Enough! Polly

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Polly Esther" > wrote in message

> It makes my old heart happy that Lee can participate without being able
> to see. I object to the notion that bottom posting is preferred. By whom
> and why? No more bottom posting from here. Enough! Polly

Exactly.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Looking For "Chewy" Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe-Not Soft Or Crisp

"Judy Haffner" > wrote in message

> For many years I would only use the "original" Chocolate Chip Cookie
> recipe on the Nestle's semi-sweet chocolate chip package, and thought
> they were near perfect. However, the original recipe called for 1/4 tsp,
> water and I don't recall it using 1 cup of all butter, and the cookies
> were thicker and chewy, but I used 1 cup of Crisco shortening in place
> of butter, as found that made them flat and crisp, and I don't like thin
> crisp cookies.
>
> Over the years I have tried other recipes, that said they were "the
> best". Some used half butter and half shortening, and some used brown
> AND white sugar both. I was pleased with them the day I baked them, as
> seemed chewy and exactly what I wanted, but then after I stored them in
> a airtight container (usually Tupperware) they would get soft and break,
> and no longer chewy and solid. I get one I think is the "perfect one"
> only to be disappointed after they sit awhile.
>
> If you have a recipe you think I might be looking for, please post it
> here...thanks! It's my hubby's favorite cookie, although it has never
> been mine. Oatmeal Raisin are my favorite cookies, or a soft (but firm)
> raisin spice cookie.
>
> Judy

Have you tried substituting 1/4 cup of milk instead of one of the eggs?

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Polly Esther" wrote:

>"Cheri" > wrote in message
>> "ItsJoanNotJoann" > wrote in message
>> On Sep 26, 5:39 am, "Storrmmee" > wrote:
>>> and your attching yourself to bob's post doesn't reduce your vulgarity or
>>> attempts to improve your status in your own eyes... just because he

>> I was responding to Bob's post and not to you nitwit. Notice I
>> responded as is appreciated and not a top poster as yourself. If
>> you'd learn to read and then respond in a proper manner then these
>> squirrely posts you are making would make sense.
>>
>> ==========
>>
>> She's blind, you ignorant clod.
>>
>> Cheri

>This post has gone too far downhill but I'll climb in anyway. Just what
>Superior Authority decided that posts MUST BE bottom posted?

It's proper usenet convention to reply directly *following* to that
which one is replying.

>For whose convenience?

Everyones.

>I really don't need to wade through every line

Then learn to trim you lazy spoiled **** who was raised in a garbage
dump and never had chores.

>It makes my old heart happy that Lee can participate without being able
>to see.

Anyone who can make as many posts sees just fine, Lee is an obstinate
otiose trashy **** is all... she's not even a regular poster, she
returns after long absenses just to stir up shit, she contributes
absolutely nothing of value.

>I object to the notion that bottom posting is preferred. By whom
>and why? No more bottom posting from here.

Then be prepared to be mostly ignored. And learn to trim
attributions, wouldja just look at that pile of shit you left to
filthy up this newsgroup, just because you live in a stinkin' dump
don't litter here, SLOB! And to date you've not contributed an iota
of anything on topic, go away useless bitch!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 26, 7:24*pm, (Judy Haffner) wrote:
> Thanks for posting your recipe, Nancy! They sound good, and think I will
> try using all margarine then. It's possible I did use that years ago,
> and just was thinking it was Crisco, as for several years, I only bought
> butter at holiday time for special cookies, like Spritz, Shortbread,
> etc., that MUST have all butter. I've tried using half Crisco (butter
> flavored) and half real butter, but still spread out too thin and were
> crisper than what I like.
>
> I don't remember which recipe I used when I made Zob cookies that time
> and mailed him, after I lost the bet on Danny Gokey (LOL) as he still is
> going on about those cookies and told me they were the most flaky
> chocolate chip cookie he'd ever eaten and would just melt in his mouth.
> That might have been the one that called for 2 cups of all brown sugar
> and 2 medium eggs plus 1 egg yolk, but forget it it used all butter, or
> not..without going to look up the recipe.
>
> Anyway, I'll let you know if I try these and what I think.
>
> Judy

Thanks - I'll be interested to know if they stay chewy like you
like ... they never last long enough around here to find out. LOL.

N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 26, 10:03*pm, ItsJoanNotJoann >
wrote:
> On Sep 26, 8:48*am, "Cheri" > wrote:
>
> > Ha, ha, ha...as if. You sound a lot like the *web tv'er* that came from the
> > web tv group and started ragging on Judy in the AI group last season.

> > Cheri

> Nope, I wouldn't be caught dead watching American Idol, Dancing with
> the Stars or any of those other intelligence insulting programs.- Hide quoted text -

So, in other words, you don't like to be entertained or amused and you
feel superior to those who do.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

lol, that is why i can't really contribute much... the dh eats very few
sweets, this being one he does, and he eats them as fast as they cool enough
to eat, Lee
"Nancy2" > wrote in message
On Sep 26, 7:24 pm, (Judy Haffner) wrote:
> Thanks for posting your recipe, Nancy! They sound good, and think I will
> try using all margarine then. It's possible I did use that years ago,
> and just was thinking it was Crisco, as for several years, I only bought
> butter at holiday time for special cookies, like Spritz, Shortbread,
> etc., that MUST have all butter. I've tried using half Crisco (butter
> flavored) and half real butter, but still spread out too thin and were
> crisper than what I like.
>
> I don't remember which recipe I used when I made Zob cookies that time
> and mailed him, after I lost the bet on Danny Gokey (LOL) as he still is
> going on about those cookies and told me they were the most flaky
> chocolate chip cookie he'd ever eaten and would just melt in his mouth.
> That might have been the one that called for 2 cups of all brown sugar
> and 2 medium eggs plus 1 egg yolk, but forget it it used all butter, or
> not..without going to look up the recipe.
>
> Anyway, I'll let you know if I try these and what I think.
>
> Judy

Thanks - I'll be interested to know if they stay chewy like you
like ... they never last long enough around here to find out. LOL.

N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

lol, Lee
"Bob Terwilliger" > wrote in message
b.com...
> Lee wrote:
>
>> and your attching yourself to bob's post doesn't reduce your vulgarity or
>> attempts to improve your status in your own eyes... just because he
>> responded with a civilized disagreement to me, in no way validates you,
>> your opinion or your rude manner of posting

> It's a sad day on Usenet when *I* am the civil one!
>
> Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

you are rude and don't read enough here to have an opinion, Lee
"ItsJoanNotJoann" > wrote in message
On Sep 26, 5:37 am, "Storrmmee" > wrote:
> i was referring to what one could learn on tv, knowing a process is vastly
> different from developing skills from knowing about it, i am sure one
> simple
> class doesn't make one an expert on any particular skill set, cooking or
> not, but to claim that veiwing a tv show does the same is really silly,
> and
> that was my point, i didn't mean to infer that years ow work and practice
> was discounted, as you know, i can tell from the recipes you post,
> experience in general and experimintation, are the only way to improve
> skills,
>
> I hope tha t makes sense,
>
> Lee"Bob Terwilliger" > wrote in message
>
> b.com...
>

> > Lee wrote:

> >> if you take one cooking class from a reputable school you learn all of
> >> that science stuff

> > This is simply not true. People take YEARS to acquire that kind of
> > knowledge, and some of the people on the forefront (e.g. Harold McGee
> > and
> > Shirley Corriher) are still experimenting and learning after thirty
> > years.

That's not what you said in original response you top posting twit.
You're great at back peddling.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

ps, don't like my top posting, block me and btw i see since you have no
logical arguement you must stoop to name calling, like what you think makes
a difference to me or anyone else, LOL, Lee
"ItsJoanNotJoann" > wrote in message
On Sep 26, 5:37 am, "Storrmmee" > wrote:
> i was referring to what one could learn on tv, knowing a process is vastly
> different from developing skills from knowing about it, i am sure one
> simple
> class doesn't make one an expert on any particular skill set, cooking or
> not, but to claim that veiwing a tv show does the same is really silly,
> and
> that was my point, i didn't mean to infer that years ow work and practice
> was discounted, as you know, i can tell from the recipes you post,
> experience in general and experimintation, are the only way to improve
> skills,
>
> I hope tha t makes sense,
>
> Lee"Bob Terwilliger" > wrote in message
>
> b.com...
>

> > Lee wrote:

> >> if you take one cooking class from a reputable school you learn all of
> >> that science stuff

> > This is simply not true. People take YEARS to acquire that kind of
> > knowledge, and some of the people on the forefront (e.g. Harold McGee
> > and
> > Shirley Corriher) are still experimenting and learning after thirty
> > years.

That's not what you said in original response you top posting twit.
You're great at back peddling.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

now we sink to the last refuge of one who has no valid point, thereby
proving that either you haven't read here enough to know this is a well
travelled road, or you are so lacking in logic and valid arguement, you are
trying that time honored trick of changing the arguement, thinking you will
get other posters to defend you, anyone who has read my posts and some of
this discussion would know i don't discuss it anymore, sorry try again, Lee
"ItsJoanNotJoann" > wrote in message
On Sep 26, 5:39 am, "Storrmmee" > wrote:
> and your attching yourself to bob's post doesn't reduce your vulgarity or
> attempts to improve your status in your own eyes... just because he
> responded with a civilized disagreement to me, in no way validates you,
> your
> opinion or your rude manner of posting, Lee"ItsJoanNotJoann"
> > wrote in message

> On Sep 25, 8:34 pm, "Bob Terwilliger" >
> wrote:
>
> > Lee wrote:
> > > if you take one cooking class from a reputable school you learn all of
> > > that science stuff

> > This is simply not true. People take YEARS to acquire that kind of
> > knowledge, and some of the people on the forefront (e.g. Harold McGee
> > and
> > Shirley Corriher) are still experimenting and learning after thirty
> > years.

> > Bob

> True, true. Shirley is sharp as a tack and I love it when she makes
> appearances on Alton's show. But people tend to miss out on these
> little gems when Disney and American Idol are their normal tv fare.

I was responding to Bob's post and not to you nitwit. Notice I
responded as is appreciated and not a top poster as yourself. If
you'd learn to read and then respond in a proper manner then these
squirrely posts you are making would make sense.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

but joan has proven she doesn't read here much, Lee
"Cheri" > wrote in message
> "ItsJoanNotJoann" > wrote in message
> On Sep 26, 5:39 am, "Storrmmee" > wrote:
>> and your attching yourself to bob's post doesn't reduce your vulgarity or
>> attempts to improve your status in your own eyes... just because he

> I was responding to Bob's post and not to you nitwit. Notice I
> responded as is appreciated and not a top poster as yourself. If
> you'd learn to read and then respond in a proper manner then these
> squirrely posts you are making would make sense.
>
> ==========
>
> She's blind, you ignorant clod.
>
> Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

but lets not have this arguement as she has only resorted to this because
she has lost the real arguement and either is angry about that or has just
come here to troll, so lets not even have the discussion, at least not in
this thread as it will only validate her behavoior and i don't care to
reinforce inappropriate behavior, Lee
"Cheri" > wrote in message
> "Polly Esther" > wrote in message
>
>> It makes my old heart happy that Lee can participate without being
>> able to see. I object to the notion that bottom posting is preferred.
>> By whom and why? No more bottom posting from here. Enough! Polly

> Exactly.
>
> Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

as i said, she is losing, and eventually will have a full blown troll
tantrum, at least she is mildy amusing, Lee
On Sep 26, 9:11 am, "Cheri" > wrote:
> "ItsJoanNotJoann" > wrote in message

> True, true. Shirley is sharp as a tack and I love it when she makes
> appearances on Alton's show. But people tend to miss out on these
> little gems when Disney and American Idol are their normal tv fare.
>
> =========
>
> LMAO, all these insults coming from *web tv* land no less. Bite me.
>
> Cheri

Bite my ass bitch.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> "ItsJoanNotJoann" > wrote in message

> Bite my ass bitch.

I'd probably take off your ear or put out your eye if I did that, so I'll
pass.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

you have just made my favorite post of the day, LOL, i can't wait for this
evening so i can toast you with my glass of wine, Lee
"Cheri" > wrote in message
>> "ItsJoanNotJoann" > wrote in message

>> Bite my ass bitch.

> I'd probably take off your ear or put out your eye if I did that, so I'll
> pass.
>
> Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 27 Sep 2011 09:12:27 -0700 (PDT), Nancy2
> wrote:

> So, in other words, you don't like to be entertained or amused and you
> feel superior to those who do.

I don't like those shows either, can I feel superior too?

--

You are what you eat, so avoid fruitcake and nuts.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 27, 1:15*pm, sf > wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Sep 2011 09:12:27 -0700 (PDT), Nancy2
>
> > wrote:
> > So, in other words, you don't like to be entertained or amused and you
> > feel superior to those who do.

> I don't like those shows either, can I feel superior too? *
>
> -- *
>
> You are what you eat, so avoid fruitcake and nuts.

You betcha, the more the merrier. LOL.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
Nancy2 > wrote:

> On Sep 26, 10:03*pm, ItsJoanNotJoann >

> > Nope, I wouldn't be caught dead watching American Idol, Dancing with
> > the Stars or any of those other intelligence insulting programs.- Hide
> > quoted text -

> So, in other words, you don't like to be entertained or amused and you
> feel superior to those who do.

I certainly don't feel superior, but I don't like a bunch of tv shows
myself.

Although I like cooking shows pretty well, I suspect that if I was
blind, a lot of those visual demonstrations of cooking techniques
wouldn't be nearly so interesting, and shows with lots of music might be
a lot more appealing.

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

i have never been enamoured of tv even when i could see it, when the chef is
good, its pretty easy to follow the cooking shows, but they just don't hold
my interest, but then not much tv does, i get more out of reading or doing,
i suspect for me that its a function of not being able to sit still all that
long... i saw one or two episodes of idol then became bored and never saw
another... last variety type thing i was fond of was star search with ed
mcmann...

Lee
"Dan Abel" > wrote in message
> In article
> >,
> Nancy2 > wrote:
>
>> On Sep 26, 10:03 pm, ItsJoanNotJoann >

>> > Nope, I wouldn't be caught dead watching American Idol, Dancing with
>> > the Stars or any of those other intelligence insulting programs.- Hide
>> > quoted text -

>> So, in other words, you don't like to be entertained or amused and you
>> feel superior to those who do.

> I certainly don't feel superior, but I don't like a bunch of tv shows
> myself.
>
> Although I like cooking shows pretty well, I suspect that if I was
> blind, a lot of those visual demonstrations of cooking techniques
> wouldn't be nearly so interesting, and shows with lots of music might be
> a lot more appealing.
>
> --
> Dan Abel
> Petaluma, California USA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 26 Sep 2011 17:10:31 -0400, Cheryl >
wrote:

> On 9/26/2011 10:57 AM, sf wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 26 Sep 2011 05:23:10 -0500, "Storrmmee"
> > > wrote:
> >
> >> All this experience and blue ribbons and you don't know why your
> >> cookies crumble??

> > You're quick to call her rude, I guesss it takes one to know one.

> Storrmee's posts don't correctly show attributions, and it wasn't her
> that posted what you quoted. I understand the mistake though. I often
> slip right past Lee's top posted message, and while I like reading her,
> it's too much trouble to scroll back up most of the time.

It would help if her news reader quoted correctly.

--

You are what you eat, so avoid fruitcake and nuts.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Brooklyn1 wrote:
> On Sun, 25 Sep 2011 22:34:57 -0400, "Jean B." > wrote:
>
>> Brooklyn1 wrote:
>>> Anything chocolate tastes better frozen. My mom used to hide her
>>> stash of chocolates in her bra drawer, I ain't kidding... was a big
>>> mistake. hehe My grandmother, my mom's mother always had candy for
>>> me; Charms, Chicklets, Tootsie Rolls, Chuckles etc., I wasn't supposed
>>> to eat any before dinner but my gramma would hide her goodies in her
>>> bra and have me reach in for a surprise... what does a three year old
>>> know.

>> Hmmmm. And thus your fixation?

> A perfectly healthy fixation... and my contribution to Green Jobs.
> And now we know what southerners mean by "Well shut my mouth". And
> yes, I'm a southerner... South Central Brooklyn.
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravesend,_Brooklyn

Neat history! Thanks for posting that.

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Brooklyn1 wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Sep 2011 10:15:57 -0400, Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:

>>> Hmmmm. And thus your fixation?

>> A perfectly healthy fixation... and my contribution to Green Jobs.
>> And now we know what southerners mean by "Well shut my mouth". And
>> yes, I'm a southerner... South Central Brooklyn.
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravesend,_Brooklyn

> Wow... if you click on the picture in the upper right hand corner
> you'll clearly see a nursing mother and child:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:WM...avesendBay.jpg

Heh! The tot's mouth seems to be totally visible.

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 09 Oct 2011 22:22:16 -0400, "Jean B." > wrote:

>Brooklyn1 wrote:

>>> A perfectly healthy fixation... and my contribution to Green Jobs.
>>> And now we know what southerners mean by "Well shut my mouth". And
>>> yes, I'm a southerner... South Central Brooklyn.
>>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravesend,_Brooklyn

>> Wow... if you click on the picture in the upper right hand corner
>> you'll clearly see a nursing mother and child:
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:WM...avesendBay.jpg

>Heh! The tot's mouth seems to be totally visible.

Well, she's gotta burp me.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, September 24, 2011 6:18:47 PM UTC-5, Judy Haffner wrote:
> For many years I would only use the "original" Chocolate Chip Cookie
> recipe on the Nestle's semi-sweet chocolate chip package, and thought
> they were near perfect. However, the original recipe called for 1/4 tsp,
> water and I don't recall it using 1 cup of all butter, and the cookies
> were thicker and chewy, but I used 1 cup of Crisco shortening in place
> of butter

Well, it served you right. Even having Crisco in your pantry is trashy.

> Judy

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, September 26, 2011 3:31:32 PM UTC-5, Nancy2 wrote:

> Judy, in my personal experience (I'm almost as old as you are - less
> than a year's difference, actually ;-) - butter makes them crispy;
> baking margerine makes them chewier and/or softer; putting in more
> brown sugar than white will also make them chewier. The 1/4 tsp. or
> 1/2 tsp. of water in the old recipe wasn't there to make any kind of a
> difference, it just made the recipe seem more "special."

Old and nasty.

> Try these - I use 1/3 baking oleo and 2/3 butter, but you should use
> all margarine if you want chewy. Then store them as you usually do
> and see how they fare. They are our favorites, hands down, but I
> should say any recipe likely will be the best when they are freshly
> made. Be sure to note not to put raw dough on hot cookie sheets -
> wait until the sheets are cool to reuse them.
>
> Big Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies (my recipe)
>
> 1 stick oleo, melted and cooled to lukewarm
> 1/2 stick butter, melted and cooled to lukewarm
> (Here, use all oleo for chewier cookies)

I wonder how many more years until all you old stick-margarine-and-Crisco hags are dead and buried.

> N.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, September 26, 2011 10:22:26 PM UTC-5, Cheri wrote:
> "ItsJoanNotJoann" > wrote in message
> On Sep 26, 5:39 am, "Storrmmee" > wrote:
> > and your attching yourself to bob's post doesn't reduce your vulgarity or
> > attempts to improve your status in your own eyes... just because he

> I was responding to Bob's post and not to you nitwit. Notice I
> responded as is appreciated and not a top poster as yourself. If
> you'd learn to read and then respond in a proper manner then these
> squirrely posts you are making would make sense.
>
> ==========
>
> She's blind, you ignorant clod.

Blind or not, she's an idiot.

> Cheri

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, September 25, 2011 6:35:55 PM UTC-5, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> merryb wrote:
> >
> >My mom used to hide them in the freezer labeled as liver

> Anything chocolate tastes better frozen. My mom used to hide her
> stash of chocolates in her bra drawer, I ain't kidding... was a big
> mistake. hehe My grandmother, my mom's mother always had candy for
> me; Charms, Chicklets, Tootsie Rolls, Chuckles etc., I wasn't supposed
> to eat any before dinner but my gramma would hide her goodies in her
> bra and have me reach in for a surprise... what does a three year old
> know.

What if you had to reach into Judy's panties to retrieve the Charms, Chicklets, Tootsie Rolls and Chuckles? Did someone mention liver? No matter how many times you wash that hand...

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 10 Oct 2011 17:39:28 -0700 (PDT), Bryan
> wrote:

> On Sunday, September 25, 2011 6:35:55 PM UTC-5, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> > merryb wrote:
> > >
> > >My mom used to hide them in the freezer labeled as liver

> > Anything chocolate tastes better frozen. My mom used to hide her
> > stash of chocolates in her bra drawer, I ain't kidding... was a big
> > mistake. hehe My grandmother, my mom's mother always had candy for
> > me; Charms, Chicklets, Tootsie Rolls, Chuckles etc., I wasn't supposed
> > to eat any before dinner but my gramma would hide her goodies in her
> > bra and have me reach in for a surprise... what does a three year old
> > know.

> What if you had to reach into Judy's panties to retrieve the Charms, Chicklets, Tootsie Rolls and Chuckles? Did someone mention liver? No matter how many times you wash that hand...

What happened to your no grouchy posts pledge?
--

Never commit yourself to a cheese without having first examined it.
T.S. Eliot
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 10, 8:27*pm, sf > wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Oct 2011 17:39:28 -0700 (PDT), Bryan
>

> > wrote:

> > > Anything chocolate tastes better frozen. *My mom used to hide her
> > > stash of chocolates in her bra drawer, I ain't kidding... was a big
> > > mistake. hehe *My grandmother, my mom's mother always had candy for
> > > me; Charms, Chicklets, Tootsie Rolls, Chuckles etc., I wasn't supposed
> > > to eat any before dinner but my gramma would hide her goodies in her
> > > bra and have me reach in for a surprise... what does a three year old
> > > know.

> > What if you had to reach into Judy's panties to retrieve the Charms, Chicklets, Tootsie Rolls and Chuckles? *Did someone mention liver? *No matter how many times you wash that hand...

> What happened to your no grouchy posts pledge?
> --
>
> Never commit yourself to a cheese without having first examined it.
> T.S. Eliot- Hide quoted text -

He's apparently off his meds - kind of a combo of Andy/Sheldon,
actually.

N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, October 10, 2011 8:27:13 PM UTC-5, sf wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Oct 2011 17:39:28 -0700 (PDT), Bryan
>
> wrote:

> > > Anything chocolate tastes better frozen. My mom used to hide her
> > > stash of chocolates in her bra drawer, I ain't kidding... was a big
> > > mistake. hehe My grandmother, my mom's mother always had candy for
> > > me; Charms, Chicklets, Tootsie Rolls, Chuckles etc., I wasn't supposed
> > > to eat any before dinner but my gramma would hide her goodies in her
> > > bra and have me reach in for a surprise... what does a three year old
> > > know.

> > What if you had to reach into Judy's panties to retrieve the Charms, Chicklets, Tootsie Rolls and Chuckles? Did someone mention liver? No matter how many times you wash that hand...
> >

> What happened to your no grouchy posts pledge?

That's the other guy from St. Louis, who spells his name with an "I". I'd never make such a pledge. I take advocating cooking with Crisco to give me carte blanche to say whatever vile stuff I happen to come up with at the time, but you already knew that.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 12 Oct 2011 09:01:59 -0700 (PDT), Bryan
> wrote:

> That's the other guy from St. Louis, who spells his name with an "I".

Oh. Well, carry on then.

--
All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 12, 9:01*am, Bryan > wrote:
> On Monday, October 10, 2011 8:27:13 PM UTC-5, sf wrote:
> > On Mon, 10 Oct 2011 17:39:28 -0700 (PDT), Bryan

> > *wrote:

> > > What if you had to reach into Judy's panties to retrieve the Charms, Chicklets, Tootsie Rolls and Chuckles? *Did someone mention liver? *No matter how many times you wash that hand...

> > What happened to your no grouchy posts pledge?

> That's the other guy from St. Louis, who spells his name with an "I". *I'd never make such a pledge. *I take advocating cooking with Crisco to give me carte blanche to say whatever vile stuff I happen to come up with at the time, but you already knew that.
>
> --Bryan

Liking Del Taco kinda takes it away, tho. That's some nasty stuff!