Member

Default Classic Car Insurance

Three kinds of value are important to understand when buying your policy. 1) Actual cash value: This is what you usually get with ordinary insurance, and is based on replacement cost minus depreciation.
2) Stated value:

The insurance company pays up to the stated value of the car, but may not guarantee the full stated value. And deductibles of up to $1,000 usually apply.

3) Agreed value:

In most jurisdictions, those who provide collector car insurance or classic car insurance are allowed to insure for a value that you and your insurer agree upon. And for most autos, there is no deductible. If your $100,000 vintage Rolls get trashed, you get a check for 100 grand, plain and simple - which is exactly why collectors use special classic car insurance coverage.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 22, 8:30*am, john00 >
wrote:
> Three kinds of value are important to understand when buying your
> policy. 1) Actual cash value: This is what you usually get with ordinary
> insurance, and is based on replacement cost minus depreciation.
> 2) Stated value:
>
> The insurance company pays up to the stated value of the car, but may
> not guarantee the full stated value. And deductibles of up to $1,000
> usually apply.
>
> 3) Agreed value:
>
> In most jurisdictions, those who provide collector car insurance or
> classic car insurance are allowed to insure for a value that you and
> your insurer agree upon. And for most autos, there is no deductible. If
> your $100,000 vintage Rolls get trashed, you get a check for 100 grand,
> plain and simple - which is exactly why collectors use special classic
> car insurance coverage.
>
> --
> john00

Can that old beater cook?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 23, 5:30*am, Chemo the Clown > wrote:
> On Sep 22, 8:30*am, john00 >
> wrote:
>

> > Three kinds of value are important to understand when buying your
> > policy. 1) Actual cash value: This is what you usually get with ordinary
> > insurance, and is based on replacement cost minus depreciation.
> > 2) Stated value:

> > The insurance company pays up to the stated value of the car, but may
> > not guarantee the full stated value. And deductibles of up to $1,000
> > usually apply.

> > 3) Agreed value:

> > In most jurisdictions, those who provide collector car insurance or
> > classic car insurance are allowed to insure for a value that you and
> > your insurer agree upon. And for most autos, there is no deductible. If
> > your $100,000 vintage Rolls get trashed, you get a check for 100 grand,
> > plain and simple - which is exactly why collectors use special classic
> > car insurance coverage.

> > --
> > john00

> Can that old beater cook?

***Hey Chemo, we all know you sure as Hell can't!...I'm still sh%tting
like a Christmas Goose from the last recipe you posted!