Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default America's Ten Most Caffeinated Cities

I don't know how they came up with this or if it means anything but
the results surprised me

<http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/19/americas-10-most-caffeina_n_970105.html#s365680&title=2_New_York>

Or

http://tinyurl.com/3ha8uov

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 20, 4:58*pm, Lou Decruss > wrote:
> I don't know how they came up with this or if it means anything but
> the results surprised me
>
> <http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/19/americas-10-most-caffeina_n_...>
>
> Or
>
> http://tinyurl.com/3ha8uov
>
> Lou

I'm surprised Seattle isn't first with all the Starbucks on every
corner!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/20/2011 7:35 PM, merryb wrote:
> On Sep 20, 4:58 pm, Lou > wrote:
>> I don't know how they came up with this or if it means anything but
>> the results surprised me
>>
>> <http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/19/americas-10-most-caffeina_n_...>
>>
>> Or
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/3ha8uov
>>
>> Lou

> I'm surprised Seattle isn't first with all the Starbucks on every
> corner!

I'm surprised they left out Boston. There is a Dunkin Donuts on every
corner.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Posted to rec.food.cooking

merryb wrote:
> On Sep 20, 4:58 pm, Lou Decruss > wrote:
>> I don't know how they came up with this or if it means anything but
>> the results surprised me
>>
>> <http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/19/americas-10-most-caffeina_n_...>
>>
>> Or
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/3ha8uov
>>
>> Lou

> I'm surprised Seattle isn't first with all the Starbucks on every
> corner!

Me too. And there are other brands in between. It is hard to drive for 5
blocks here without encountering at least one drive up coffee place.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Janet Wilder wrote:
> On 9/20/2011 7:35 PM, merryb wrote:
>> On Sep 20, 4:58 pm, Lou > wrote:
>>> I don't know how they came up with this or if it means anything but
>>> the results surprised me
>>>
>>> <http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/19/americas-10-most-caffeina_n_...>
>>>
>>> Or
>>>
>>> http://tinyurl.com/3ha8uov
>>>
>>> Lou

>> I'm surprised Seattle isn't first with all the Starbucks on every
>> corner!

> I'm surprised they left out Boston. There is a Dunkin Donuts on every
> corner.

That's true too. And oh how that coffee stinks! My husband sent me in to
get coffee once and I quickly learned what "regular" means. I would have
assumed it meant black. No. I guess black means black. I can not drink
coffee with sugar and milk.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 20, 6:36*pm, "Julie Bove" > wrote:
> Janet Wilder wrote:

> >> I'm surprised Seattle isn't first with all the Starbucks on every
> >> corner!

> > I'm surprised they left out Boston. There is a Dunkin Donuts on every
> > corner.

> That's true too. *And oh how that coffee stinks! *My husband sent me in to
> get coffee once and I quickly learned what "regular" means. *I would have
> assumed it meant black. *No. *I guess black means black. *I can not drink
> coffee with sugar and milk.

In Boston, regular means with cream, no sugar.

Hanging out with my dad a thousand miles away (and many years ago), we
would often stop to get him a takeout "Boston coffee." Same thing:
cream, no sugar.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 20 Sep 2011 17:35:45 -0700 (PDT), merryb >
wrote:

>On Sep 20, 4:58*pm, Lou Decruss > wrote:
>> I don't know how they came up with this or if it means anything but
>> the results surprised me
>>
>> <http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/19/americas-10-most-caffeina_n_...>
>>
>> Or
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/3ha8uov
>>
>> Lou

>I'm surprised Seattle isn't first with all the Starbucks on every
>corner!

Polls are kinda goofy but interesting to read.

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
merryb > wrote:

> On Sep 20, 4:58*pm, Lou Decruss > wrote:
> > I don't know how they came up with this or if it means anything but
> > the results surprised me
> >
> > <http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/19/americas-10-most-caffeina_n_...>
> >
> > Or
> >
> > http://tinyurl.com/3ha8uov
> >
> > Lou

> I'm surprised Seattle isn't first with all the Starbucks on every
> corner!

They aren't on every corner (yet), although Starbucks has two stands in
the hospital where I do research. In Vancouver, there are two large
Starbucks on either side of Robson Street. The comedian Lewis Black
ranted on a similar situation in Houston several years ago. I can
understand this in Houston or Dallas, since turning left or crossing at
the crosswalk can often be hazardous to your health there.

Cindy

--
C.J. Fuller

Delete the obvious to email me
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Lou wrote:

>>> I don't know how they came up with this or if it means anything but
>>> the results surprised me
>>>
>>> <http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/19/americas-10-most-caffeina_n_...>
>>>
>>> Or
>>>
>>> http://tinyurl.com/3ha8uov
>>>
>>> Lou

>> I'm surprised Seattle isn't first with all the Starbucks on every
>> corner!

> Polls are kinda goofy but interesting to read.

I hate those slideshows which require you to keep clicking and loading a new
batch of advertisements for every single item. I didn't read beyond the
first page.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 22 Sep 2011 18:50:16 -0700, "Bob Terwilliger"
> wrote:

> >> I'm surprised Seattle isn't first with all the Starbucks on every
> >> corner!

> > Polls are kinda goofy but interesting to read.

> I hate those slideshows which require you to keep clicking and loading a new
> batch of advertisements for every single item. I didn't read beyond the
> first page.

I don't know what browser you're using but it's either the wrong one
or you don't have the right add-ons. I didn't see any ads, but I'm
using FF with ad-blocker and popup blocker.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:

>> > Polls are kinda goofy but interesting to read.

>> I hate those slideshows which require you to keep clicking and loading a
>> new batch of advertisements for every single item. I didn't read beyond
>> the first page.
>>

> I don't know what browser you're using but it's either the wrong one
> or you don't have the right add-ons. I didn't see any ads, but I'm
> using FF with ad-blocker and popup blocker.

Oh, I don't see the ads, but the pages take forever to *try* to load. Did
you still have to click one-by-one to see each city in the list? If so, ****
'em.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 22 Sep 2011 20:36:48 -0700, "Bob Terwilliger"
> wrote:

>>> I hate those slideshows which require you to keep clicking and loading a
>>> new batch of advertisements for every single item. I didn't read beyond
>>> the first page.
>>>

>> I don't know what browser you're using but it's either the wrong one
>> or you don't have the right add-ons. I didn't see any ads, but I'm
>> using FF with ad-blocker and popup blocker.

>Oh, I don't see the ads, but the pages take forever to *try* to load. Did
>you still have to click one-by-one to see each city in the list? If so, ****
>'em.

It switches as fast as I can click them. Are you still using dial-up?
<G>

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 22 Sep 2011 20:36:48 -0700, "Bob Terwilliger"
> wrote:

> Oh, I don't see the ads, but the pages take forever to *try* to load. Did
> you still have to click one-by-one to see each city in the list? If so, ****
> 'em.

If you mean did I use the arrow to advance, yes I did. All the images
are grouped as thumbnails below the large image, but you have to
enlarge them to see which city it is. When I scrolled through, the
images loaded fast in 1-1.5 seconds each and I have a crappy
connection. I'm paying for 20 Mb/s but my best speed tonight at
speedtest.net was only 18.44 Mb/s.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Senior Member

We are an easy-to-use on-line ordering system for the food service industry, giving you access to wholesale food suppliers anywhere in mainland Australia and Tasmania. Our suppliers range from wholesale gourmet food, wholesale cafe food, wholesale organic food, wholesale nougat, wholesale flour, wholesale gluten free products, wholesale packaging and much more.

Last edited by goodfood : 26-09-2011 at 12:28 PM
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Lou wrote:

>>> I don't know what browser you're using but it's either the wrong one
>>> or you don't have the right add-ons. I didn't see any ads, but I'm
>>> using FF with ad-blocker and popup blocker.

>>Oh, I don't see the ads, but the pages take forever to *try* to load. Did
>>you still have to click one-by-one to see each city in the list? If so,
>>**** 'em.

> It switches as fast as I can click them. Are you still using dial-up?
> <G>

I just don't feel like playing the "click me" game. Why can't they just put
up a single list? It would be *easier* to do that -- but then they wouldn't
have as many ad spaces to sell, would they?

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 22 Sep 2011 23:37:55 -0700, "Bob Terwilliger"
> wrote:

> I just don't feel like playing the "click me" game. Why can't they just put
> up a single list? It would be *easier* to do that -- but then they wouldn't
> have as many ad spaces to sell, would they?

Most people on the internet these days are either on company time or
diddling away at their cell phones. I don't usually do the click me
game either, but that's when it comes to internet recipes. If the
entire recipe is on video with no recipe printed below, I move on. I
will not watch a recipe video unless it's demonstrating a technique I
need to know about.

--
All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.