General Cooking (rec.food.cooking) For general food and cooking discussion. Foods of all kinds, food procurement, cooking methods and techniques, eating, etc.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4,619
Default opinions please

am starting to make shopping lists... what are the ten things you would buy
if you were moving into a brand new house...

focus is on supplies/food/daily living but will be interested in all
responses.

Lee


  #2 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,223
Default opinions please

On 09/07/2011 09:33 PM, Storrmmee wrote:
> am starting to make shopping lists... what are the ten things you would buy
> if you were moving into a brand new house...
>
> focus is on supplies/food/daily living but will be interested in all
> responses.


Hmm, fun question.

Assuming I was starting with nothing, and sticking with food, because
that's on topic and stuff:

Bread flour
Yeast
Butter
Eggs
A bunch of fruits and veggies, must include lemons and onions and garlic
Big bag of beans (garbanzo or pinto)
Big bag of rice or other grain
Good olive oil
Big bag of pasta
Salt and pepper

Serene
--
http://www.momfoodproject.com
  #3 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,198
Default opinions please


"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
...
> am starting to make shopping lists... what are the ten things you would
> buy if you were moving into a brand new house...
>
> focus is on supplies/food/daily living but will be interested in all
> responses.
>
> Lee
>


Congratulations and Happy Warm Best new house wishes. and Hugs. So glad
for you.
The list:
toilet tissue
soap
paper towels
duct tape
marx-a-lot
cell phone + phone book + recharger
M & Ms
tuna fish + can opener
vacuum cleaner
409

if I can have eleven: bribes. If there are movers, phone/cable guys and
other fellows involved, go by the bakery and load up on doughnuts and
cookies. Polly

  #4 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4,619
Default opinions please

thanks i meant to write it so it would be on topic, but am not opposed to
some off topic, thanks, Lee
"Serene Vannoy" > wrote in message
...
> On 09/07/2011 09:33 PM, Storrmmee wrote:
>> am starting to make shopping lists... what are the ten things you would
>> buy
>> if you were moving into a brand new house...
>>
>> focus is on supplies/food/daily living but will be interested in all
>> responses.

>
> Hmm, fun question.
>
> Assuming I was starting with nothing, and sticking with food, because
> that's on topic and stuff:
>
> Bread flour
> Yeast
> Butter
> Eggs
> A bunch of fruits and veggies, must include lemons and onions and garlic
> Big bag of beans (garbanzo or pinto)
> Big bag of rice or other grain
> Good olive oil
> Big bag of pasta
> Salt and pepper
>
> Serene
> --
> http://www.momfoodproject.com



  #5 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4,619
Default opinions please

sshhhh its not done yet, am sitting with fingers crossed but thought i could
occupy my brain by starting on this early, good list, thanks, Lee
"Polly Esther" > wrote in message
...
>
> "Storrmmee" > wrote in message
> ...
>> am starting to make shopping lists... what are the ten things you would
>> buy if you were moving into a brand new house...
>>
>> focus is on supplies/food/daily living but will be interested in all
>> responses.
>>
>> Lee
>>

>
> Congratulations and Happy Warm Best new house wishes. and Hugs. So glad
> for you.
> The list:
> toilet tissue
> soap
> paper towels
> duct tape
> marx-a-lot
> cell phone + phone book + recharger
> M & Ms
> tuna fish + can opener
> vacuum cleaner
> 409
>
> if I can have eleven: bribes. If there are movers, phone/cable guys and
> other fellows involved, go by the bakery and load up on doughnuts and
> cookies. Polly





  #6 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 46,524
Default opinions please

Storrmmee wrote:
> am starting to make shopping lists... what are the ten things you
> would buy if you were moving into a brand new house...
>
> focus is on supplies/food/daily living but will be interested in all
> responses.
>
> Lee


For food, if limited to 10 things it would be:

Celery
Carrots
Apples
Black Olives
Hummus
Canned Beans
Bread
Peanut Butter
Cheese
Microwavable popcorn

Of course I would prefer to have the kind of popcorn that you pop in a pan
along with some oil and salt but that would put me over 10.


  #7 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4,619
Default opinions please

lol thanks, i only said ten because i was afraid i would get huge lists and
i want what is most important, again thanks, Lee
"Julie Bove" > wrote in message
...
> Storrmmee wrote:
>> am starting to make shopping lists... what are the ten things you
>> would buy if you were moving into a brand new house...
>>
>> focus is on supplies/food/daily living but will be interested in all
>> responses.
>>
>> Lee

>
> For food, if limited to 10 things it would be:
>
> Celery
> Carrots
> Apples
> Black Olives
> Hummus
> Canned Beans
> Bread
> Peanut Butter
> Cheese
> Microwavable popcorn
>
> Of course I would prefer to have the kind of popcorn that you pop in a pan
> along with some oil and salt but that would put me over 10.
>



  #8 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 36,804
Default opinions please


"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
...
> am starting to make shopping lists... what are the ten things you would
> buy if you were moving into a brand new house...
>
> focus is on supplies/food/daily living but will be interested in all
> responses.
>
> Lee
>

I can't make a list of ten things. I don't know what you eat on a regular
basis so I can't really recommend much in the way of food. Staples,
surely: Eggs, milk, bread, butter, salt, pepper.

Cleaning supplies. Laundry detergent. Dishwashing/dishwasher detergent.
Toilet paper! Paper towels. A vacuum cleaner.

Bath towels. Bath soap. Shampoo.

Cat food

Jill

  #9 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4,619
Default opinions please

thanks, i asked everyone here partly to help with things i might have
forgotten, and out of curiosity as to what people would write... again
thanks. Lee
"jmcquown" > wrote in message
...
>
> "Storrmmee" > wrote in message
> ...
>> am starting to make shopping lists... what are the ten things you would
>> buy if you were moving into a brand new house...
>>
>> focus is on supplies/food/daily living but will be interested in all
>> responses.
>>
>> Lee
>>

> I can't make a list of ten things. I don't know what you eat on a regular
> basis so I can't really recommend much in the way of food. Staples,
> surely: Eggs, milk, bread, butter, salt, pepper.
>
> Cleaning supplies. Laundry detergent. Dishwashing/dishwasher detergent.
> Toilet paper! Paper towels. A vacuum cleaner.
>
> Bath towels. Bath soap. Shampoo.
>
> Cat food
>
> Jill



  #10 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 36,804
Default opinions please


"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
...
> thanks, i asked everyone here partly to help with things i might have
> forgotten, and out of curiosity as to what people would write... again
> thanks. Lee


It's just fun. Sometimes I like to ask what one would pack if they had to
evacuate in the event of a natural disaster. It's interesting to read the
responses

Jill

> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
> ...
>>
>> "Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>> ...
>>> am starting to make shopping lists... what are the ten things you would
>>> buy if you were moving into a brand new house...
>>>
>>> focus is on supplies/food/daily living but will be interested in all
>>> responses.
>>>
>>> Lee
>>>

>> I can't make a list of ten things. I don't know what you eat on a
>> regular basis so I can't really recommend much in the way of food.
>> Staples, surely: Eggs, milk, bread, butter, salt, pepper.
>>
>> Cleaning supplies. Laundry detergent. Dishwashing/dishwasher detergent.
>> Toilet paper! Paper towels. A vacuum cleaner.
>>
>> Bath towels. Bath soap. Shampoo.
>>
>> Cat food
>>
>> Jill

>
>






  #11 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4,619
Default opinions please

that one is a good one, and my answer is vastly different than it would have
been a year ago, Lee
"jmcquown" > wrote in message
...
>
> "Storrmmee" > wrote in message
> ...
>> thanks, i asked everyone here partly to help with things i might have
>> forgotten, and out of curiosity as to what people would write... again
>> thanks. Lee

>
> It's just fun. Sometimes I like to ask what one would pack if they had to
> evacuate in the event of a natural disaster. It's interesting to read the
> responses
>
> Jill
>
>> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
>> ...
>>>
>>> "Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>>> ...
>>>> am starting to make shopping lists... what are the ten things you would
>>>> buy if you were moving into a brand new house...
>>>>
>>>> focus is on supplies/food/daily living but will be interested in all
>>>> responses.
>>>>
>>>> Lee
>>>>
>>> I can't make a list of ten things. I don't know what you eat on a
>>> regular basis so I can't really recommend much in the way of food.
>>> Staples, surely: Eggs, milk, bread, butter, salt, pepper.
>>>
>>> Cleaning supplies. Laundry detergent. Dishwashing/dishwasher
>>> detergent. Toilet paper! Paper towels. A vacuum cleaner.
>>>
>>> Bath towels. Bath soap. Shampoo.
>>>
>>> Cat food
>>>
>>> Jill

>>
>>

>
>
>



  #12 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,544
Default opinions please

On Wed, 7 Sep 2011 23:41:47 -0500, Polly Esther wrote:

> "Storrmmee" > wrote in message
> ...
>> am starting to make shopping lists... what are the ten things you would
>> buy if you were moving into a brand new house...
>>
>> focus is on supplies/food/daily living but will be interested in all
>> responses.
>>
>> Lee
>>

>
> Congratulations and Happy Warm Best new house wishes. and Hugs. So glad
> for you.
> The list:
> toilet tissue
> soap
> paper towels
> duct tape
> marx-a-lot
> cell phone + phone book + recharger
> M & Ms
> tuna fish + can opener
> vacuum cleaner
> 409
>
> if I can have eleven: bribes. If there are movers, phone/cable guys and
> other fellows involved, go by the bakery and load up on doughnuts and
> cookies. Polly


Drop the duct tape and the Marx a lot in favor of a new broom and a mop.

TFM®
  #13 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4,619
Default opinions please

thanks, Lee
"TFM®" > wrote in message
...
> On Wed, 7 Sep 2011 23:41:47 -0500, Polly Esther wrote:
>
>> "Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>> ...
>>> am starting to make shopping lists... what are the ten things you would
>>> buy if you were moving into a brand new house...
>>>
>>> focus is on supplies/food/daily living but will be interested in all
>>> responses.
>>>
>>> Lee
>>>

>>
>> Congratulations and Happy Warm Best new house wishes. and Hugs. So glad
>> for you.
>> The list:
>> toilet tissue
>> soap
>> paper towels
>> duct tape
>> marx-a-lot
>> cell phone + phone book + recharger
>> M & Ms
>> tuna fish + can opener
>> vacuum cleaner
>> 409
>>
>> if I can have eleven: bribes. If there are movers, phone/cable guys and
>> other fellows involved, go by the bakery and load up on doughnuts and
>> cookies. Polly

>
> Drop the duct tape and the Marx a lot in favor of a new broom and a mop.
>
> TFM®



  #14 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 5,516
Default opinions please

On 9/7/2011 11:33 PM, Storrmmee wrote:
> am starting to make shopping lists... what are the ten things you would buy
> if you were moving into a brand new house...
>
> focus is on supplies/food/daily living but will be interested in all
> responses.
>
> Lee
>
>


First you need bread, salt and sugar or honey. Those are for good luck.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.
  #15 (permalink)   Report Post  
Banned
 
Posts: 120
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storrmmee View Post
am starting to make shopping lists... what are the ten things you would buy
if you were moving into a brand new house...

focus is on supplies/food/daily living but will be interested in all
responses.

Lee
I am also moving to a new apartment to live on my own. Funny thing is it's really near my parent's house but a little bit closer to my workplace. Here are some stuff I bought:

- Cleaning Materials (for cleaning the apartment)
- Food Supplies (Mostly easy to cook, can goods, noodles)
- Toiletries (of course)


  #16 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 10,546
Default opinions please


> if I can have eleven: bribes. If there are movers, phone/cable guys and
> other fellows involved, go by the bakery and load up on doughnuts and
> cookies. Polly


You really only need two items... lotsa cash and a copy of the local
yellow pages.
  #17 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 10,546
Default opinions please

Christine Dabney wrote:
>
>I sort of do this every time I start a new contract and move into an
>apartment. Sort of, in that I have some staples already that I don't
>want to keep on buying every time I go some place new. But there are
>things I do buy each time. In fact, I am and will be doing it this
>coming week.
>
>Milk
>mayonnaise
>butter
>cream
>eggs
>Olive oil, if I don't already have some
>onions
>garlic
>carrots
>celery
>
>This sometimes varies. Sometimes it is parsley instead of celery.
>
>Christine


None of those items are important when one first moves in... a loaf of
bread, a hunk of cheese, and a bottle of wine is all one will want the
first night... an experienced realtor will have placed that in the
fridge. You won't need staples until after you're unpacked and
everything put away... a good realtor will also leave a stack of menus
for the local take-outs, and a local street map.


  #18 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 36,804
Default opinions please


"Brooklyn1" <Gravesend1> wrote in message
...
> Christine Dabney wrote:
>>
>>I sort of do this every time I start a new contract and move into an
>>apartment. Sort of, in that I have some staples already that I don't
>>want to keep on buying every time I go some place new. But there are
>>things I do buy each time. In fact, I am and will be doing it this
>>coming week.
>>
>>Milk
>>mayonnaise
>>butter
>>cream
>>eggs
>>Olive oil, if I don't already have some
>>onions
>>garlic
>>carrots
>>celery
>>
>>This sometimes varies. Sometimes it is parsley instead of celery.
>>
>>Christine

>
> None of those items are important when one first moves in... a loaf of
> bread, a hunk of cheese, and a bottle of wine is all one will want the
> first night... an experienced realtor will have placed that in the
> fridge. You won't need staples until after you're unpacked and
> everything put away... a good realtor will also leave a stack of menus
> for the local take-outs, and a local street map.
>

The first thing I wanted when I moved to my last apartment in TN was towels
and bath soap. I was already moving a full kitchen (Lee is moving from
temporary housing after her house burned down.) Mayonnaise, onions, carrots
and celery would be the last thing on my list. I don't think cooking is her
priority here. To me, staples are milk, eggs, flour, salt & pepper.
They'll figure out where to have dinner later All I wanted to do was
take a shower. Moving is hard work!

Jill

  #19 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 10,546
Default opinions please

Christine Dabney wrote:
>
>Oh, I concentrated on food, but as far as supplies go:
>toilet paper
>dish soap
>bar soap
>aluminum foil-heavy duty
>parchment paper-for my beloved pizzas
>trash bags
>
>I do these almost every time I get into a new apartment.
>
>Christine


Other than TP and soap you won't use any of those items the first few
days. A good realtor (or landlord) will have made sure there was a
roll of TP, a roll of paper towels and a bottle of liquid hand soap...
no way will you be making scratch pizza the day you move in, probably
not the first week. When I first moved here that night I drove into
town and tried out the local dago resto, ordered the ziti chick parm
and a large calzone to-go to put in my fridge for the next day when I
spent all day unpacking. The first cooking I did was that first
morning, coffee... my coffee pot and can of coffee was packed with my
toothbrush and other personals, rode in my car... all the rest was
packed in the Mayflower van. Took me most of a week to unpack and
find new homes for my stuff. Before thinking about cooking I needed
to put up window coverings and clean the insides of cupboards. I
didn't do any real cooking for at least a week... living on food from
the deli and local restos was fine until I got organized... was more
important to get the TV and PC set up before cooking porridge.
Shopping for perishable staples was the last thing I did... was far
more imperative to find the PB&J before frying eggs, what would be the
point in buying eggs when I still had to unpack the pots and kitchen
tools. I like to get organized first, I think people who move in and
right away begin cooking are the slobs who just dump everything in a
heap on the floor in the middle of each room and live like filthy pigs
throughout their entire lives, they never put anything away... they
don't need a trash can when they have the floor of their car.
  #20 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 10,546
Default opinions please

Janet Wilder wrote:
>
>First you need bread, salt and sugar or honey. Those are for good luck.


And a new broom for a clean start.


  #21 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 10,546
Default opinions please

"jmcquown" wrote:
>
>Cat food


Yup, my cats traveled with me in their carriers, and all their
supplies, food, litter pans, and litter... they also needed to be set
up and acclimated before thinking of cooking... I remember Blackie
wouldn't come out of his carrier until the second day.
  #22 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 36,804
Default opinions please


"Brooklyn1" <Gravesend1> wrote in message
...
> "jmcquown" wrote:
>>
>>Cat food

>
> Yup, my cats traveled with me in their carriers, and all their
> supplies, food, litter pans, and litter... they also needed to be set
> up and acclimated before thinking of cooking... I remember Blackie
> wouldn't come out of his carrier until the second day.



Persia hid in the bedroom for two weeks before venturing out. Her litter
was in the bathroom and her food in the master bedroom. I never saw her in
all that time.

Jill

  #23 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 6,414
Default opinions please

On Thu, 8 Sep 2011 10:31:44 -0400, "jmcquown" >
wrote:

>
>"Brooklyn1" <Gravesend1> wrote in message
.. .
>> Christine Dabney wrote:
>>>
>>>I sort of do this every time I start a new contract and move into an
>>>apartment. Sort of, in that I have some staples already that I don't
>>>want to keep on buying every time I go some place new. But there are
>>>things I do buy each time. In fact, I am and will be doing it this
>>>coming week.
>>>
>>>Milk
>>>mayonnaise
>>>butter
>>>cream
>>>eggs
>>>Olive oil, if I don't already have some
>>>onions
>>>garlic
>>>carrots
>>>celery
>>>
>>>This sometimes varies. Sometimes it is parsley instead of celery.
>>>
>>>Christine

>>
>> None of those items are important when one first moves in... a loaf of
>> bread, a hunk of cheese, and a bottle of wine is all one will want the
>> first night... an experienced realtor will have placed that in the
>> fridge. You won't need staples until after you're unpacked and
>> everything put away... a good realtor will also leave a stack of menus
>> for the local take-outs, and a local street map.
>>

>The first thing I wanted when I moved to my last apartment in TN was towels
>and bath soap. I was already moving a full kitchen (Lee is moving from
>temporary housing after her house burned down.) Mayonnaise, onions, carrots
>and celery would be the last thing on my list. I don't think cooking is her
>priority here. To me, staples are milk, eggs, flour, salt & pepper.
>They'll figure out where to have dinner later All I wanted to do was
>take a shower. Moving is hard work!
>
>Jill


I'm more basic than that. Coffee, coffee maker, cups, Pepsi.
Oh, yeah -- soap and towels.
Janet US
  #24 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 7,133
Default opinions please


"Janet Bostwick" > wrote in message
...
> On Thu, 8 Sep 2011 10:31:44 -0400, "jmcquown" >
> wrote:
>
>>
>>"Brooklyn1" <Gravesend1> wrote in message
. ..
>>> Christine Dabney wrote:
>>>>
>>>>I sort of do this every time I start a new contract and move into an
>>>>apartment. Sort of, in that I have some staples already that I don't
>>>>want to keep on buying every time I go some place new. But there are
>>>>things I do buy each time. In fact, I am and will be doing it this
>>>>coming week.
>>>>
>>>>Milk
>>>>mayonnaise
>>>>butter
>>>>cream
>>>>eggs
>>>>Olive oil, if I don't already have some
>>>>onions
>>>>garlic
>>>>carrots
>>>>celery
>>>>
>>>>This sometimes varies. Sometimes it is parsley instead of celery.
>>>>
>>>>Christine
>>>
>>> None of those items are important when one first moves in... a loaf of
>>> bread, a hunk of cheese, and a bottle of wine is all one will want the
>>> first night... an experienced realtor will have placed that in the
>>> fridge. You won't need staples until after you're unpacked and
>>> everything put away... a good realtor will also leave a stack of menus
>>> for the local take-outs, and a local street map.
>>>

>>The first thing I wanted when I moved to my last apartment in TN was
>>towels
>>and bath soap. I was already moving a full kitchen (Lee is moving from
>>temporary housing after her house burned down.) Mayonnaise, onions,
>>carrots
>>and celery would be the last thing on my list. I don't think cooking is
>>her
>>priority here. To me, staples are milk, eggs, flour, salt & pepper.
>>They'll figure out where to have dinner later All I wanted to do was
>>take a shower. Moving is hard work!
>>
>>Jill

>
> I'm more basic than that. Coffee, coffee maker, cups, Pepsi.
> Oh, yeah -- soap and towels.


Heh ... kill the Pepsi and we could be sisters)

--
http://www.shop.helpforheros.org.uk

  #25 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 36,804
Default opinions please


"Ophelia" > wrote in message
...
>
> "Janet Bostwick" > wrote in message
> ...
>> On Thu, 8 Sep 2011 10:31:44 -0400, "jmcquown" >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>
>>>"Brooklyn1" <Gravesend1> wrote in message
...
>>>> Christine Dabney wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>I sort of do this every time I start a new contract and move into an
>>>>>apartment. Sort of, in that I have some staples already that I don't
>>>>>want to keep on buying every time I go some place new. But there are
>>>>>things I do buy each time. In fact, I am and will be doing it this
>>>>>coming week.
>>>>>
>>>>>Milk
>>>>>mayonnaise
>>>>>butter
>>>>>cream
>>>>>eggs
>>>>>Olive oil, if I don't already have some
>>>>>onions
>>>>>garlic
>>>>>carrots
>>>>>celery
>>>>>
>>>>>This sometimes varies. Sometimes it is parsley instead of celery.
>>>>>
>>>>>Christine
>>>>
>>>> None of those items are important when one first moves in... a loaf of
>>>> bread, a hunk of cheese, and a bottle of wine is all one will want the
>>>> first night... an experienced realtor will have placed that in the
>>>> fridge. You won't need staples until after you're unpacked and
>>>> everything put away... a good realtor will also leave a stack of menus
>>>> for the local take-outs, and a local street map.
>>>>
>>>The first thing I wanted when I moved to my last apartment in TN was
>>>towels
>>>and bath soap. I was already moving a full kitchen (Lee is moving from
>>>temporary housing after her house burned down.) Mayonnaise, onions,
>>>carrots
>>>and celery would be the last thing on my list. I don't think cooking is
>>>her
>>>priority here. To me, staples are milk, eggs, flour, salt & pepper.
>>>They'll figure out where to have dinner later All I wanted to do was
>>>take a shower. Moving is hard work!
>>>
>>>Jill

>>
>> I'm more basic than that. Coffee, coffee maker, cups, Pepsi.
>> Oh, yeah -- soap and towels.

>
> Heh ... kill the Pepsi and we could be sisters)
>

Kill the Pepsi and add a cold beer to that shower, bath soap and a towel!

Jill



  #26 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 6,414
Default opinions please

On Thu, 8 Sep 2011 18:02:01 -0400, "jmcquown" >
wrote:

>
>"Ophelia" > wrote in message
...
>>
>> "Janet Bostwick" > wrote in message
>> ...

snip
>>>
>>> I'm more basic than that. Coffee, coffee maker, cups, Pepsi.
>>> Oh, yeah -- soap and towels.

>>
>> Heh ... kill the Pepsi and we could be sisters)
>>

>Kill the Pepsi and add a cold beer to that shower, bath soap and a towel!
>
>Jill


As long as you guys are coming to help me move in, I will get you the
beverage of your choice. I could get along with club soda, Coke and
one beer. Beer is too filling for me. Thanks for helping, sisters.
;O)
Janet US
  #27 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 35,884
Default opinions please

On 08/09/2011 6:46 PM, Janet Bostwick wrote:
>
>
> As long as you guys are coming to help me move in, I will get you the
> beverage of your choice. I could get along with club soda, Coke and
> one beer. Beer is too filling for me. T


If you have only one beer for the movers make sure they get everything
done first, because they won't come to help again.
  #28 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 13,197
Default opinions please

Storrmmee wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> am starting to make shopping lists... what are the ten things you
> would buy if you were moving into a brand new house...
>
> focus is on supplies/food/daily living but will be interested in all
> responses.


Lee, obviously you need more than 10 things. Without a list of what
you bring with you, there is no 'top 10'.

Having moved from Japan though with nothing but a suitcase of clothes
(mostly uniforms, jeans, kids clothes, hubbies clothes, 2 books and a
laptop) or other times across country with what fit in a small ford
escort car until household goods arrived (weeks or months later) here
some items in rough order.

If no furniture at all (normal for our transits) - air mattresses with
battery pump, lamp, light bulbs. Repair kit if one rips in the night
though that never happened to any in all our years. If moving with car
we normally had these already and wrapped in sheets or thin blankets
which will fit under the front seats. When Charlotte was younger,
pack-n-play crib by graco in trunk at top layer so you can pull it out
at each hotel stop to use it. Buy card table and folding chairs at
other end if military does not do loaners.

If with car, bring essential kitchen items. 1 large lidded pot, 1
collander (metal) that fits inside (now you have sauce pot and steamer
in one), 1 smaller lided pot, small cast iron pan and big cast iron pan
(other pots were bought as the lids fit the cast iron too). Crockpot,
rice maker, breadmachine. Basic cutlery (forks, spoons, knives, large
serrated knife, peeler, wood spoons, cooking chop sticks, 1 spatula, 1
ladel). Basic set of microwave capable plates, bowls and coffee mugs.
All my spice cabinet after dumping anything older. Many will add a
hot-plate but I find the hotels have a microwave and the
apartment/house has a stove. Clothes obviously. Favorite pillows.
Any food in the kitchen that doesn't have to be refridgerated that can
be fit in the car. Dump anything in the bathroom except unopened stuff
(exception, gallon plastic ziplock with toothpaste, tooth brushes and
separately bagged may be a few expensive shampoos or soap types). Do
add a few rolls of toilet paper though. 19 inch TV with rabbit ears
and cable capable which fit on the floor behind the driver seat.
Desktop computer case and full backup. Basic tool kit (see below). Iron
for my uniforms. Cooler packed with snacks and sodas. Thermos for my
coffee. Off we'd go!

In your case, you are close enough you will take as many trips as
needed to move everything you have to the house when ready. Get a good
sized cooler and a bag of ice and put everything usable from your
fridge in there and take that too.

Assuming you have a reasonable stock of food and basics of a kitchen
(which I know you do) and your house will have a stove/oven/fridge
/dryer/washing machine mostly you need to look at what items you are
using from the hotel and have none of yourself yet.

I'd say your list is probably going to be:
1)-2 sets of bedding for whatever sized bed you got, plus pillows
2)-at least 4 sets of towels
3)-rubber bottomed anti-slip mats for outside the tub/shower
4)-Curtins and rods
5)-basic tool kit so you can hang rods and pictures (nails in several
sizes, hammer, wire, corded small drill with several bits would be nice)
6)-ironing board and iron if borrowing and hubby needs this for you
both though you can use a towel on a counter for a board for quite a
time at need.
7)-Lamps and light bulbs, count each room with no ceiling light and get
1 per room plus at least 1 more.
8)-Fans, floor type (this is a variable need and may not be something
you use so skip if so)
9)-Oven pans and lidded cassaroles (since I gather you don't have these
there)
10)-anything you couldn't fit in that chicklit freezer you've been
hankering for

If I were to add another thing? Bottle of wine or champagne!

--

  #29 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4,987
Default opinions please

On Sep 8, 12:33*am, "Storrmmee" > wrote:
> am starting to make shopping lists... what are the ten things you would buy
> if you were moving into a brand new house...
>
> focus is on supplies/food/daily living but will be interested in all
> responses.
>
> Lee


I can still remember a couple of newlyweds who moved into an apt. with
a set of sheets and two cans of tomato juice. The builder was still
putting on the finishing touches, so moving in beforehand was
impossible.
  #30 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 13,197
Default opinions please

Brooklyn1 wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> Christine Dabney wrote:
> >
> > Oh, I concentrated on food, but as far as supplies go:
> > toilet paper
> > dish soap
> > bar soap
> > aluminum foil-heavy duty
> > parchment paper-for my beloved pizzas
> > trash bags
> >
> > I do these almost every time I get into a new apartment.
> >
> > Christine

>
> Other than TP and soap you won't use any of those items the first few
> days. A good realtor (or landlord) will have made sure there was a
> roll of TP, a roll of paper towels and a bottle of liquid hand soap...
> no way will you be making scratch pizza the day you move in, probably
> not the first week. When I first moved here that night I drove into
> town and tried out the local dago resto, ordered the ziti chick parm
> and a large calzone to-go to put in my fridge for the next day when I
> spent all day unpacking. The first cooking I did was that first
> morning, coffee... my coffee pot and can of coffee was packed with my
> toothbrush and other personals, rode in my car... all the rest was
> packed in the Mayflower van. Took me most of a week to unpack and
> find new homes for my stuff. Before thinking about cooking I needed
> to put up window coverings and clean the insides of cupboards. I
> didn't do any real cooking for at least a week... living on food from
> the deli and local restos was fine until I got organized... was more
> important to get the TV and PC set up before cooking porridge.
> Shopping for perishable staples was the last thing I did... was far
> more imperative to find the PB&J before frying eggs, what would be the
> point in buying eggs when I still had to unpack the pots and kitchen
> tools. I like to get organized first, I think people who move in and
> right away begin cooking are the slobs who just dump everything in a
> heap on the floor in the middle of each room and live like filthy pigs
> throughout their entire lives, they never put anything away... they
> don't need a trash can when they have the floor of their car.


Sheldon, there is no realtor this time. Her house burned to the ground
and is being rebuilt. Once done, she moves back into her old house.

Also, in her case she has the basics already and it should be mostly
those items she is using from the hotel she needs to replace.

Keep in mind also you don't have the same 'move every 3 years or so'
military have when it's with nothing more than a suitcase and your
family and may be months before the 'van arrives'. It was 5 months
from Japan in both directions before HHG's came. It was 2 months in
and out of Hawaii and 3-4 weeks San Diego to Norfolk. Oddly San
Antonio to San Diego, my stuff got there before I did.

--



  #31 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 6,414
Default opinions please

On Thu, 08 Sep 2011 19:20:29 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 08/09/2011 6:46 PM, Janet Bostwick wrote:
>>
>>
>> As long as you guys are coming to help me move in, I will get you the
>> beverage of your choice. I could get along with club soda, Coke and
>> one beer. Beer is too filling for me. T

>
>If you have only one beer for the movers make sure they get everything
>done first, because they won't come to help again.


That's one beer for me
Janet US
  #32 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 173
Default opinions please

On Sep 8, 12:33*am, "Storrmmee" > wrote:
> am starting to make shopping lists... what are the ten things you would buy
> if you were moving into a brand new house...
>
> focus is on supplies/food/daily living but will be interested in all
> responses.
>
> Lee


Pots and pans and dishes and silverware. And don't forget the Vita-
Mix.
Lucky you.

Lucille
  #33 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 10,546
Default opinions please

On Thu, 08 Sep 2011 13:08:24 -0600, Janet Bostwick
> wrote:

>On Thu, 8 Sep 2011 10:31:44 -0400, "jmcquown" >
>wrote:
>
>>
>>"Brooklyn1" <Gravesend1> wrote in message
. ..
>>> Christine Dabney wrote:
>>>>
>>>>I sort of do this every time I start a new contract and move into an
>>>>apartment. Sort of, in that I have some staples already that I don't
>>>>want to keep on buying every time I go some place new. But there are
>>>>things I do buy each time. In fact, I am and will be doing it this
>>>>coming week.
>>>>
>>>>Milk
>>>>mayonnaise
>>>>butter
>>>>cream
>>>>eggs
>>>>Olive oil, if I don't already have some
>>>>onions
>>>>garlic
>>>>carrots
>>>>celery
>>>>
>>>>This sometimes varies. Sometimes it is parsley instead of celery.
>>>>
>>>>Christine
>>>
>>> None of those items are important when one first moves in... a loaf of
>>> bread, a hunk of cheese, and a bottle of wine is all one will want the
>>> first night... an experienced realtor will have placed that in the
>>> fridge. You won't need staples until after you're unpacked and
>>> everything put away... a good realtor will also leave a stack of menus
>>> for the local take-outs, and a local street map.
>>>

>>The first thing I wanted when I moved to my last apartment in TN was towels
>>and bath soap. I was already moving a full kitchen (Lee is moving from
>>temporary housing after her house burned down.) Mayonnaise, onions, carrots
>>and celery would be the last thing on my list. I don't think cooking is her
>>priority here. To me, staples are milk, eggs, flour, salt & pepper.
>>They'll figure out where to have dinner later All I wanted to do was
>>take a shower. Moving is hard work!
>>
>>Jill

>
>I'm more basic than that. Coffee, coffee maker, cups, Pepsi.
>Oh, yeah -- soap and towels.
>Janet US


Towels were easy to find, I used them to protect breakables... just
opened a few cartons and I found towels... coffee stuff was in the car
with me, as was soft soap with my toiletries. I also had all my
cartons marked by room, movers placed everything in its proper room,
was pretty easy to get organized. But it was about a week before I
went grocery shopping for perishables and did any real cooking. I was
able to eat very well from the local restos, deli, and Chinese take
out... the only cooking I did until I got organized was reheating take
out stuff in the microwave, and I have no qualms about eating LOs
cold... I always thought the proper method for eating LO pizza and
Chinese was ice cold from the fridge, I love congealed Chinese, in
fact I look forward to LO Chinese, is why I always order extra... ice
cold stir fry with congealed sauze and hot mustard is better than the
best steak right off the grill. A quart of ice cold congealed lobster
sauce dumped on a mound of LO fly lice first thing in the morning is
better than breakfast at the Waldorf.

  #34 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 46,524
Default opinions please


"Kalmia" > wrote in message
...
On Sep 8, 12:33 am, "Storrmmee" > wrote:
> am starting to make shopping lists... what are the ten things you would
> buy
> if you were moving into a brand new house...
>
> focus is on supplies/food/daily living but will be interested in all
> responses.
>
> Lee


I can still remember a couple of newlyweds who moved into an apt. with
a set of sheets and two cans of tomato juice. The builder was still
putting on the finishing touches, so moving in beforehand was
impossible.

Hmmm... The tomato juice is an odd thing.


  #35 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,166
Default opinions please

On Thu, 8 Sep 2011 12:56:58 -0400, "jmcquown" >
wrote:

>
>"Brooklyn1" <Gravesend1> wrote in message
.. .
>> "jmcquown" wrote:
>>>
>>>Cat food

>>
>> Yup, my cats traveled with me in their carriers, and all their
>> supplies, food, litter pans, and litter... they also needed to be set
>> up and acclimated before thinking of cooking... I remember Blackie
>> wouldn't come out of his carrier until the second day.

>
>
>Persia hid in the bedroom for two weeks before venturing out. Her litter
>was in the bathroom and her food in the master bedroom. I never saw her in
>all that time.
>
>Jill


Sounds like your really good with animals jill. The cat is 100x
smarter than you.


  #36 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 46,524
Default opinions please


"cshenk" > wrote in message
...
> Brooklyn1 wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>
>> Christine Dabney wrote:
>> >
>> > Oh, I concentrated on food, but as far as supplies go:
>> > toilet paper
>> > dish soap
>> > bar soap
>> > aluminum foil-heavy duty
>> > parchment paper-for my beloved pizzas
>> > trash bags
>> >
>> > I do these almost every time I get into a new apartment.
>> >
>> > Christine

>>
>> Other than TP and soap you won't use any of those items the first few
>> days. A good realtor (or landlord) will have made sure there was a
>> roll of TP, a roll of paper towels and a bottle of liquid hand soap...
>> no way will you be making scratch pizza the day you move in, probably
>> not the first week. When I first moved here that night I drove into
>> town and tried out the local dago resto, ordered the ziti chick parm
>> and a large calzone to-go to put in my fridge for the next day when I
>> spent all day unpacking. The first cooking I did was that first
>> morning, coffee... my coffee pot and can of coffee was packed with my
>> toothbrush and other personals, rode in my car... all the rest was
>> packed in the Mayflower van. Took me most of a week to unpack and
>> find new homes for my stuff. Before thinking about cooking I needed
>> to put up window coverings and clean the insides of cupboards. I
>> didn't do any real cooking for at least a week... living on food from
>> the deli and local restos was fine until I got organized... was more
>> important to get the TV and PC set up before cooking porridge.
>> Shopping for perishable staples was the last thing I did... was far
>> more imperative to find the PB&J before frying eggs, what would be the
>> point in buying eggs when I still had to unpack the pots and kitchen
>> tools. I like to get organized first, I think people who move in and
>> right away begin cooking are the slobs who just dump everything in a
>> heap on the floor in the middle of each room and live like filthy pigs
>> throughout their entire lives, they never put anything away... they
>> don't need a trash can when they have the floor of their car.

>
> Sheldon, there is no realtor this time. Her house burned to the ground
> and is being rebuilt. Once done, she moves back into her old house.
>
> Also, in her case she has the basics already and it should be mostly
> those items she is using from the hotel she needs to replace.
>
> Keep in mind also you don't have the same 'move every 3 years or so'
> military have when it's with nothing more than a suitcase and your
> family and may be months before the 'van arrives'. It was 5 months
> from Japan in both directions before HHG's came. It was 2 months in
> and out of Hawaii and 3-4 weeks San Diego to Norfolk. Oddly San
> Antonio to San Diego, my stuff got there before I did.


I guess I've been lucky. Most of the time our stuff got there before we
did. Exception was when we moved here. We made do eating out or eating
cold food. We did have a fridge. We just slept on the floor. I bought
some folding chairs for inside the house and also a couple of little plastic
tables. The people who owned the house prior left us a picnic table and
chairs for outside. We had to live like this for about two weeks. We
didn't even have our stuff when Angela started school.


  #37 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 46,524
Default opinions please


"Brooklyn1" <Gravesend1> wrote in message
...
> On Thu, 08 Sep 2011 13:08:24 -0600, Janet Bostwick
> > wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 8 Sep 2011 10:31:44 -0400, "jmcquown" >
>>wrote:
>>
>>>
>>>"Brooklyn1" <Gravesend1> wrote in message
...
>>>> Christine Dabney wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>I sort of do this every time I start a new contract and move into an
>>>>>apartment. Sort of, in that I have some staples already that I don't
>>>>>want to keep on buying every time I go some place new. But there are
>>>>>things I do buy each time. In fact, I am and will be doing it this
>>>>>coming week.
>>>>>
>>>>>Milk
>>>>>mayonnaise
>>>>>butter
>>>>>cream
>>>>>eggs
>>>>>Olive oil, if I don't already have some
>>>>>onions
>>>>>garlic
>>>>>carrots
>>>>>celery
>>>>>
>>>>>This sometimes varies. Sometimes it is parsley instead of celery.
>>>>>
>>>>>Christine
>>>>
>>>> None of those items are important when one first moves in... a loaf of
>>>> bread, a hunk of cheese, and a bottle of wine is all one will want the
>>>> first night... an experienced realtor will have placed that in the
>>>> fridge. You won't need staples until after you're unpacked and
>>>> everything put away... a good realtor will also leave a stack of menus
>>>> for the local take-outs, and a local street map.
>>>>
>>>The first thing I wanted when I moved to my last apartment in TN was
>>>towels
>>>and bath soap. I was already moving a full kitchen (Lee is moving from
>>>temporary housing after her house burned down.) Mayonnaise, onions,
>>>carrots
>>>and celery would be the last thing on my list. I don't think cooking is
>>>her
>>>priority here. To me, staples are milk, eggs, flour, salt & pepper.
>>>They'll figure out where to have dinner later All I wanted to do was
>>>take a shower. Moving is hard work!
>>>
>>>Jill

>>
>>I'm more basic than that. Coffee, coffee maker, cups, Pepsi.
>>Oh, yeah -- soap and towels.
>>Janet US

>
> Towels were easy to find, I used them to protect breakables... just
> opened a few cartons and I found towels... coffee stuff was in the car
> with me, as was soft soap with my toiletries. I also had all my
> cartons marked by room, movers placed everything in its proper room,
> was pretty easy to get organized. But it was about a week before I
> went grocery shopping for perishables and did any real cooking. I was
> able to eat very well from the local restos, deli, and Chinese take
> out... the only cooking I did until I got organized was reheating take
> out stuff in the microwave, and I have no qualms about eating LOs
> cold... I always thought the proper method for eating LO pizza and
> Chinese was ice cold from the fridge, I love congealed Chinese, in
> fact I look forward to LO Chinese, is why I always order extra... ice
> cold stir fry with congealed sauze and hot mustard is better than the
> best steak right off the grill. A quart of ice cold congealed lobster
> sauce dumped on a mound of LO fly lice first thing in the morning is
> better than breakfast at the Waldorf.


I do that with towels too. Socks are used to cushion vases and glasses.
Just pop them inside.


  #38 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4,619
Default opinions please

good point, Lee
"Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
eb.com...
> On 9/7/2011 11:33 PM, Storrmmee wrote:
>> am starting to make shopping lists... what are the ten things you would
>> buy
>> if you were moving into a brand new house...
>>
>> focus is on supplies/food/daily living but will be interested in all
>> responses.
>>
>> Lee
>>
>>

>
> First you need bread, salt and sugar or honey. Those are for good luck.
>
> --
> Janet Wilder
> Way-the-heck-south Texas
> Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.



  #39 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4,619
Default opinions please

lol, Jill, i guess he has me blocked or it would seem that way,... the most
"local" take out is a subway seven miles away that closes at seven, next
closest is 18 miles away and is burger king, lol...

I thought this was an iteresting question in general and also i was hoping
for suggestions of things to put on the lists i am making.

towels and soap are right up there with instant coffee, the coffee pot i
want isn't readly available atm. Lee
"jmcquown" > wrote in message
...
>
> "Brooklyn1" <Gravesend1> wrote in message
> ...
>> Christine Dabney wrote:
>>>
>>>I sort of do this every time I start a new contract and move into an
>>>apartment. Sort of, in that I have some staples already that I don't
>>>want to keep on buying every time I go some place new. But there are
>>>things I do buy each time. In fact, I am and will be doing it this
>>>coming week.
>>>
>>>Milk
>>>mayonnaise
>>>butter
>>>cream
>>>eggs
>>>Olive oil, if I don't already have some
>>>onions
>>>garlic
>>>carrots
>>>celery
>>>
>>>This sometimes varies. Sometimes it is parsley instead of celery.
>>>
>>>Christine

>>
>> None of those items are important when one first moves in... a loaf of
>> bread, a hunk of cheese, and a bottle of wine is all one will want the
>> first night... an experienced realtor will have placed that in the
>> fridge. You won't need staples until after you're unpacked and
>> everything put away... a good realtor will also leave a stack of menus
>> for the local take-outs, and a local street map.
>>

> The first thing I wanted when I moved to my last apartment in TN was
> towels and bath soap. I was already moving a full kitchen (Lee is moving
> from temporary housing after her house burned down.) Mayonnaise, onions,
> carrots and celery would be the last thing on my list. I don't think
> cooking is her priority here. To me, staples are milk, eggs, flour, salt
> & pepper. They'll figure out where to have dinner later All I wanted
> to do was take a shower. Moving is hard work!
>
> Jill



  #40 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4,619
Default opinions please

i think you are related to my dh, lol, Lee
"Janet Bostwick" > wrote in message
...
> On Thu, 8 Sep 2011 10:31:44 -0400, "jmcquown" >
> wrote:
>
>>
>>"Brooklyn1" <Gravesend1> wrote in message
. ..
>>> Christine Dabney wrote:
>>>>
>>>>I sort of do this every time I start a new contract and move into an
>>>>apartment. Sort of, in that I have some staples already that I don't
>>>>want to keep on buying every time I go some place new. But there are
>>>>things I do buy each time. In fact, I am and will be doing it this
>>>>coming week.
>>>>
>>>>Milk
>>>>mayonnaise
>>>>butter
>>>>cream
>>>>eggs
>>>>Olive oil, if I don't already have some
>>>>onions
>>>>garlic
>>>>carrots
>>>>celery
>>>>
>>>>This sometimes varies. Sometimes it is parsley instead of celery.
>>>>
>>>>Christine
>>>
>>> None of those items are important when one first moves in... a loaf of
>>> bread, a hunk of cheese, and a bottle of wine is all one will want the
>>> first night... an experienced realtor will have placed that in the
>>> fridge. You won't need staples until after you're unpacked and
>>> everything put away... a good realtor will also leave a stack of menus
>>> for the local take-outs, and a local street map.
>>>

>>The first thing I wanted when I moved to my last apartment in TN was
>>towels
>>and bath soap. I was already moving a full kitchen (Lee is moving from
>>temporary housing after her house burned down.) Mayonnaise, onions,
>>carrots
>>and celery would be the last thing on my list. I don't think cooking is
>>her
>>priority here. To me, staples are milk, eggs, flour, salt & pepper.
>>They'll figure out where to have dinner later All I wanted to do was
>>take a shower. Moving is hard work!
>>
>>Jill

>
> I'm more basic than that. Coffee, coffee maker, cups, Pepsi.
> Oh, yeah -- soap and towels.
> Janet US



Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Opinions? The Cook General Cooking 4 26-12-2010 02:31 AM
Opinions of RFC Pam[_3_] General Cooking 61 29-04-2009 04:32 PM
Need Opinions Bob Becker Winemaking 6 30-04-2007 08:46 PM
Is it just me or...? Your opinions, please Nexis General Cooking 44 03-03-2007 09:59 PM
Opinions? pater Winemaking 16 08-01-2005 01:57 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:19 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2004-2024 FoodBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Food and drink"