Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Fixing my rice crackers

go and look on their site, if you have the sku number it might go faster,
Lee
"Nancy Young" <email@replyto> wrote in message
.com...
> On 8/20/2011 9:36 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
>> On Sat, 20 Aug 2011 11:54:04 -0400, Nancy Young wrote:
>>
>>> Someone here turned me on to the rice crackers w/ nuts from Costco.
>>> Now I can't find them any longer; I don't know what happened, if it's
>>> temporary/whatever.

>> I saw them at CostCo Austin about 10 days ago. I've never bought them
>> since I have 3 boxes of various Blue Diamond at home.

> You coulda gotten them for me! Just kidding. I keep expecting
> them to reappear but it's been a while since I've seen them at
> Costcos around here.
>
> nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
> go and look on their site, if you have the sku number it might go faster,
> Lee

The Woodinville Costco had rice crackers but it was an assorted pack that
contained cheese ones. Not sure if that is what she bought or not.

Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy Young[_5_] View Post
Someone here turned me on to the rice crackers w/ nuts from Costco.
Now I can't find them any longer; I don't know what happened, if it's
temporary/whatever. So I bought some rice crackers online that look
the same ... but they aren't.

The difference to me is that the new stuff doesn't have the vinegar
kick that I liked with the Costco snacks. On the ingredient list
of the Kirkland product I see vinegar (I don't know what kind) and
vinegar powder.

Would it be completely off the wall for me to get my hands on some
vinegar powder and jazz up my new crackers? I bought a huge bag.
Any better ideas?

nancy
Good news! A rep at Costco said that they are reformulating the Rice Crackers and hope to have them back on the shelves by January 2012. Let's hope they're as good as the last ones.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/30/2011 8:12 PM, food mama wrote:
> 'Nancy Young[_5_ Wrote:

>> ;1651886']Someone here turned me on to the rice crackers w/ nuts from
>> Costco.
>> Now I can't find them any longer; I don't know what happened, if it's
>> temporary/whatever.

> Good news! A rep at Costco said that they are reformulating the Rice
> Crackers and hope to have them back on the shelves by January 2012.
> Let's hope they're as good as the last ones.

Hey, thanks for the news! I appreciate you reporting back, I will
be looking for them. Cool.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

food mama wrote:

> Good news! A rep at Costco said that they are reformulating the Rice
> Crackers and hope to have them back on the shelves by January 2012.
> Let's hope they're as good as the last ones.

Can you remember a time when a food manufacturer
reformulated a good product and made it better?
I only remember products that were made worse,
usually by switching to cheaper ingrediants.

I don't mean to dash your hopes prematurely,
just prepare you for what's likely to happen.
It's like the lottery. Sure, you might win,
but don't be too disappointed when you don't.