Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Instant couscous vs dried couscous

On 8/15/2011 11:08 AM, Christine Dabney wrote:
> Maybe this article will help:
>
> http://www.cliffordawright.com/caw/f...lay.php/id/58/
>
> Christine

Interesting article. I always make couscous from scratch. It really
doesn't take all that long. It is true that many Moroccans take
shortcuts these days.

That said, if you are going to use boxed couscous, steaming makes a
HUGE difference. Don't follow the instructions on the box. It
doesn't get fluffy enough.

Tracy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

One thing I, for one, am not confused about is the superiority of steamed
vs. quick-cooked cous-cous. It's much fluffier and more subtly flavored.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 15 Aug 2011 15:45:43 +0000 (UTC), Hackmatack
> wrote:

> One thing I, for one, am not confused about is the superiority of steamed
> vs. quick-cooked cous-cous. It's much fluffier and more subtly flavored.

For those of us who don't have that special pot, there's only one way
to go. I was very surprised by how little time it takes to make
couscous and how good it is.

--
I take life with a grain of salt, a slice of lemon and a shot of tequila.