Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Falling Skies

Thanks to whomever initially mentioned the show. Now I have another
program I'm addicted to.

I'll just add it to Dexter, Californication, True Blood and The Walking
Dead.

Pope's bread didn't look all that bad BTW. I'd eat it.

TFM®
Posted to rec.food.cooking

TFM® > wrote in news:7judkmz8j8j5$.vx5ja3nd0vv4.dlg@
40tude.net:

> Thanks to whomever initially mentioned the show. Now I have another
> program I'm addicted to.
>
> I'll just add it to Dexter, Californication, True Blood and The Walking
> Dead.
>
> Pope's bread didn't look all that bad BTW. I'd eat it.
>
> TFM®

LOL!! I'd recorded the first 5 or so episodes on the set top hard drive, but
deleted them without watching as I don't have enough time, and they'd
probably still be sitting there in 6 months time.

I'll just download the whole series from btjunkie sometime in the future when
I have time to sit and watch the lot.

--
Peter Lucas
Hobart

Nothing ever truely dies
the Universe wastes nothing
everything is simply... transformed
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 09 Aug 2011 01:38:52 GMT, I'm back. wrote:

> TFM® > wrote in news:7judkmz8j8j5$.vx5ja3nd0vv4.dlg@
> 40tude.net:
>
>> Thanks to whomever initially mentioned the show. Now I have another
>> program I'm addicted to.
>>
>> I'll just add it to Dexter, Californication, True Blood and The Walking
>> Dead.
>>
>> Pope's bread didn't look all that bad BTW. I'd eat it.
>>
>> TFM®

> LOL!! I'd recorded the first 5 or so episodes on the set top hard drive, but
> deleted them without watching as I don't have enough time, and they'd
> probably still be sitting there in 6 months time.
>
> I'll just download the whole series from btjunkie sometime in the future when
> I have time to sit and watch the lot.

When I first heard about it, they were up to episode 7. By the time I'd
watched the first 4, episode 8 was out.

Took two evenings to get them all in, but I don't do much after work
anyway...

Anyway, the season is done. The entire thing should be out in a week or
two, maybe less.

I haven't turned my TV on since I don't know when. Everything I watch is
downloaded via Btjunkie or ThePirateBay.
News? Who needs it. If it really affects me, I'll hear about it from
someone I know.

TFM®, who occasionally buys a newspaper to bide the time on the shitter...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"TFM®" > wrote in message
> Thanks to whomever initially mentioned the show. Now I have another
> program I'm addicted to.
>
> I'll just add it to Dexter, Californication, True Blood and The Walking
> Dead.
>
> Pope's bread didn't look all that bad BTW. I'd eat it.
>
> TFM®

Give 'Warehouse 13' on Syfy a try sometime

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 9 Aug 2011 03:05:15 -0400, "jmcquown" >
wrote:

> "TFM®" > wrote in message
> > Thanks to whomever initially mentioned the show. Now I have another
> > program I'm addicted to.
> >
> > I'll just add it to Dexter, Californication, True Blood and The Walking
> > Dead.
> >
> > Pope's bread didn't look all that bad BTW. I'd eat it.
> >
> > TFM®

> Give 'Warehouse 13' on Syfy a try sometime

Out of everything mentioned, I've only heard of True Blood and I
thought it was out of production.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

TFM® > wrote in
:

> TFM®, who occasionally buys a newspaper to bide the time on the
> shitter...

I do crossword puzzles :-)

--
Peter Lucas
Hobart
Tasmania

Nothing ever truely dies
the Universe wastes nothing
everything is simply... transformed
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in news:9ac4h0FlekU1
@mid.individual.net:

> Give 'Warehouse 13' on Syfy a try sometime

Thanks for encouraging people to watch shows made in Canada with
more Canadian than US actors.

Joanne Kelly....mrrroawr...

--

"War is the terrorism of the rich and powerful and
terrorism is the war of the poor and powerless."

Peter Ustinov
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Michel Boucher wrote:
> "jmcquown" > wrote in news:9ac4h0FlekU1
> @mid.individual.net:
>
>> Give 'Warehouse 13' on Syfy a try sometime

> Thanks for encouraging people to watch shows made in Canada with
> more Canadian than US actors.
>
> Joanne Kelly....mrrroawr...

A lot of American productions are made in Canada. It's advantageous from a
tax standpoint, which eats away at the business profits.

--
Dave
efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."......

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Bugg" > wrote in
:

>> Thanks for encouraging people to watch shows made in Canada
>> with more Canadian than US actors.
>>
>> Joanne Kelly....mrrroawr...

> A lot of American productions are made in Canada. It's
> advantageous from a tax standpoint, which eats away at the
> business profits.

But you'd be surprised how many people have no idea these shows are
produced he Falling Skies in Hamilton, ON, all the Stargates,
Battlestar Galactica, Dead Like Me in Vancouver...the list is not
endless but quite long nonetheless.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...TV_and_radio_s
hows_produced_in_Canada

http://tinyurl.com/3tecobg

I repeat: Joanne Kelly....mrrroawr...

--

"War is the terrorism of the rich and powerful and
terrorism is the war of the poor and powerless."

Peter Ustinov

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Michel Boucher wrote:
> "Dave Bugg" > wrote in
> :
>
>>> Thanks for encouraging people to watch shows made in Canada
>>> with more Canadian than US actors.
>>>
>>> Joanne Kelly....mrrroawr...

>> A lot of American productions are made in Canada. It's
>> advantageous from a tax standpoint, which eats away at the
>> business profits.

> But you'd be surprised how many people have no idea these shows are
> produced he Falling Skies in Hamilton, ON, all the Stargates,
> Battlestar Galactica, Dead Like Me in Vancouver...the list is not
> endless but quite long nonetheless.

I don't think it matters to most folks, in the same manner in which they
don't care that the Wizard of Oz was filmed in the MGM back lots in Culver
City, CA. There are talented Canadian actors and cheap costs for location
shooting for American producers. It's a business thing. Heck, I can't count
the number of times that I've watched films whose action supposedly takes
place in Seattle, having been filmed in Vancouver, BC. Sure, there are the
one or two skyline shoots which capture the Space Needle as part of the
vista, but the city is all Vancouver. Hey, I'm all for letting corporate
Hollywood make a bigger profit by going to Canada. It helps out the business
in both countries. :-)

--
Dave
efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."......
Robert Heinlein

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 14/08/2011 3:56 PM, Michel Boucher wrote:
> "Dave > wrote in
> :
>
>>> Thanks for encouraging people to watch shows made in Canada
>>> with more Canadian than US actors.
>>>
>>> Joanne Kelly....mrrroawr...

>> A lot of American productions are made in Canada. It's
>> advantageous from a tax standpoint, which eats away at the
>> business profits.

> But you'd be surprised how many people have no idea these shows are
> produced he Falling Skies in Hamilton, ON, all the Stargates,
> Battlestar Galactica, Dead Like Me in Vancouver...the list is not
> endless but quite long nonetheless.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...TV_and_radio_s
> hows_produced_in_Canada
>
> http://tinyurl.com/3tecobg
>
> I repeat: Joanne Kelly....mrrroawr...

It works out well for people in the entertainment business, much better
than having all the jobs and all the money going out of the country.
There are a number of people on my wife's side of the family who are in
the business, mostly actors.
FWIW my nephew was in a recently released movie with Jessica Paré.
SiL's ex husband had a major role in History of Violence, also filmed up
here.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/14/2011 3:25 PM, Dave Bugg wrote:
> Heck, I can't count
> the number of times that I've watched films whose action supposedly takes
> place in Seattle, having been filmed in Vancouver, BC. Sure, there are the
> one or two skyline shoots which capture the Space Needle as part of the
> vista, but the city is all Vancouver. Hey, I'm all for letting corporate
> Hollywood make a bigger profit by going to Canada. It helps out the business
> in both countries.

You may be surprised to know that many films are shot in Shreveport,
Louisiana. Really??? Really!

Look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shreveport,_Louisiana and
scroll down to see a list. The most recent big movie to be shot here
was "Battle Los Angeles".

George L
Posted to rec.food.cooking

George Leppla > wrote in
:

> You may be surprised to know that many films are shot in
> Shreveport, Louisiana. Really??? Really!
>
> Look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shreveport,_Louisiana
> and scroll down to see a list. The most recent big movie to
> be shot here was "Battle Los Angeles".

I thought I saw gators.

--

"War is the terrorism of the rich and powerful and
terrorism is the war of the poor and powerless."

Peter Ustinov
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Michel Boucher wrote:
> George Leppla > wrote in
> :
>
>> You may be surprised to know that many films are shot in
>> Shreveport, Louisiana. Really??? Really!
>>
>> Look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shreveport,_Louisiana
>> and scroll down to see a list. The most recent big movie to
>> be shot here was "Battle Los Angeles".

> I thought I saw gators.

LOL!! Those were the aliens.