Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Bread baking pans

I would like to find a source for matching heavy-duty (ie good quality)
non-stick bread baking pans in a variety of sizes.

This is for a gift for my daughter who bakes specialty breads (pumpkin,
zucchini, etc). I'd like the standard 9x5 size plus a couple of smaller
sizes. I'd like them all to match as in a set.

Here are some examples:

This one from Cuisinart. This is just what I ma looking for, but it only
comes in one sizde, as far as I can tell.

http://tinyurl.com/4xdgex6

Here's one from Farberware, but, again, I can only find it in one size.

http://tinyurl.com/43x2anb

I have a set I bought many years ago. I think it was from King Arthur
Flour. The problem with them is that they are folded metal so they have
these seams that are nearly impossible to clean. They are similar to
these, but with a much darker teflon coating and no ridges.

http://www.kingarthurflour.com/shop/...4-1/2-loaf-pan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2011-08-06, Jennifer Murphy > wrote:

> Here's one from Farberware, but, again, I can only find it in one size.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/43x2anb

Try your local Walmart. Surprisingly, they carry (or did) a good selection of
Farberware bakeware like you show. I have a couple pieces, including an
8x8 cake pan and 11x17 cookie sheet. None of these are non-stick, but are
solid steel pans. I highly recommend them.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6 Aug 2011 17:44:52 GMT, notbob > wrote:

>On 2011-08-06, Jennifer Murphy > wrote:
>
>> Here's one from Farberware, but, again, I can only find it in one size.
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/43x2anb

>Try your local Walmart. Surprisingly, they carry (or did) a good selection of
>Farberware bakeware like you show. I have a couple pieces, including an
>8x8 cake pan and 11x17 cookie sheet. None of these are non-stick, but are
>solid steel pans. I highly recommend them.

Friends don't let friends do walmart.

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 06 Aug 2011 10:33:17 -0700, Jennifer Murphy
> wrote:

> I would like to find a source for matching heavy-duty (ie good quality)
> non-stick bread baking pans in a variety of sizes.
>
> This is for a gift for my daughter who bakes specialty breads (pumpkin,
> zucchini, etc). I'd like the standard 9x5 size plus a couple of smaller
> sizes. I'd like them all to match as in a set.

I bought a Chicago Metallic commercial quality bread pan from Surly
Table a few months ago and I'm very satisfied with it. I only see two
sizes online, but I think the store I shopped in had more sizes.
<http://www.surlatable.com/search/searchContainer.jsp;jsessionid=F141060A4C112C2FB67 4C2570E2CD20E?q=bread%20pans&s=true>
On that page, the manufacturer with a lot of sizes to choose from is
Fat Daddio (which I don't even remember seeing in the store).

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jennifer Murphy" > wrote in message
>I would like to find a source for matching heavy-duty (ie good quality)
> non-stick bread baking pans in a variety of sizes.
>
> This is for a gift for my daughter who bakes specialty breads (pumpkin,
> zucchini, etc). I'd like the standard 9x5 size plus a couple of smaller
> sizes. I'd like them all to match as in a set.
>
> Here are some examples:
>
> This one from Cuisinart. This is just what I ma looking for, but it only
> comes in one sizde, as far as I can tell.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/4xdgex6

They have a good selection here.

http://cooksdream.com/store/bh.html

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 06 Aug 2011 10:33:17 -0700, Jennifer Murphy
> wrote:

>I would like to find a source for matching heavy-duty (ie good quality)
>non-stick bread baking pans in a variety of sizes.
>
>This is for a gift for my daughter who bakes specialty breads (pumpkin,
>zucchini, etc). I'd like the standard 9x5 size plus a couple of smaller
>sizes. I'd like them all to match as in a set.
>
>Here are some examples:
>
>This one from Cuisinart. This is just what I ma looking for, but it only
>comes in one sizde, as far as I can tell.
>
>http://tinyurl.com/4xdgex6
>

>Here's one from Farberware, but, again, I can only find it in one size.
>
>http://tinyurl.com/43x2anb
>
>I have a set I bought many years ago. I think it was from King Arthur
>Flour. The problem with them is that they are folded metal so they have
>these seams that are nearly impossible to clean. They are similar to
>these, but with a much darker teflon coating and no ridges.
>
>http://www.kingarthurflour.com/shop/...4-1/2-loaf-pan

If you have a JoAnn fabric store near you, check it out. I don't know
if they have matched sets in the sizes you want, but I did see some
bread pans there. Bed Bath and Beyond also carry several brands of
baking pans.

Don't lock yourself into a matching set. Get the best you can find in
each size.

I am sure the purists will scoff but I have 2 9 x 5 Pyrex pans I use
for baking bread. They have rounded corners and clean easily.

BTW what does your daughter use now and has she said that she wants
something different? Your best bet may be to give her the money and
let her get exactly what she wants. Sometimes cooks have very
definite ideas about what they need or want.
--
Susan N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 06 Aug 2011 10:33:17 -0700, Jennifer Murphy
> wrote:

>I would like to find a source for matching heavy-duty (ie good quality)
>non-stick bread baking pans in a variety of sizes.
>
>This is for a gift for my daughter who bakes specialty breads (pumpkin,
>zucchini, etc). I'd like the standard 9x5 size plus a couple of smaller
>sizes. I'd like them all to match as in a set.

snip
If she bakes quick breads exclusively (non-yeasted breads) any of the
recipes that I am familiar with do not make a loaf as large as a 9x5
but rather more like 8x5 or 8x4 or smaller. It doesn't sound
important, but her loaves won't dome properly or bake through if the
pan is too large. If she is already using 9x5 pans, you don't have a
problem. Otherwise I'd check before I bought any.
If she makes yeasted breads as well, again the size of the recipe
determines the size of the pan. A one-pound loaf will generally work
well in a 8x4.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 06 Aug 2011 12:40:25 -0600, Janet Bostwick
> wrote:

> If she makes yeasted breads as well, again the size of the recipe
> determines the size of the pan. A one-pound loaf will generally work
> well in a 8x4.

You're right. 9x5 is always too large for my purposes too.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf > wrote:
> On Sat, 06 Aug 2011 10:33:17 -0700, Jennifer Murphy
> > wrote:
>
>> I would like to find a source for matching heavy-duty (ie good quality)
>> non-stick bread baking pans in a variety of sizes.
>>
>> This is for a gift for my daughter who bakes specialty breads (pumpkin,
>> zucchini, etc). I'd like the standard 9x5 size plus a couple of smaller
>> sizes. I'd like them all to match as in a set.

> I bought a Chicago Metallic commercial quality bread pan from Surly
> Table a few months ago and I'm very satisfied with it. I only see two
> sizes online, but I think the store I shopped in had more sizes.
> <http://www.surlatable.com/search/searchContainer.jsp;jsessionid=F141060A4C112C2FB67 4C2570E2CD20E?q=bread%20pans&s=true>
> On that page, the manufacturer with a lot of sizes to choose from is
> Fat Daddio (which I don't even remember seeing in the store).

I like Chicago Metallic COMERCIAL Pans... However, I think Chicago Metallic
NON Stick Pans are over priced and are terrible. They need a spray coating
according the "Owners Manual", like "Pam for Baking" spray. The darker the
pans the darker and almost burnt like sides of the bread. The temperature
needs to be about 25 degrees less than most bread making instructions. Also
they do not last forever, the non stick coatings wears out.

I personally hate, I mean dislike, the non stick pans. It is better to
grease the cheaper pans. In my unprofessional opinion.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 6 Aug 2011 19:55:14 +0000 (UTC), Nad R
> wrote:

> I like Chicago Metallic COMERCIAL Pans... However, I think Chicago Metallic
> NON Stick Pans are over priced and are terrible. They need a spray coating
> according the "Owners Manual", like "Pam for Baking" spray. The darker the
> pans the darker and almost burnt like sides of the bread. The temperature
> needs to be about 25 degrees less than most bread making instructions. Also
> they do not last forever, the non stick coatings wears out.
>
> I personally hate, I mean dislike, the non stick pans. It is better to
> grease the cheaper pans. In my unprofessional opinion.

I like nonstick things, but what's the point of nonstick bread pans?
They're easy enough to grease up and very easy to scratch & otherwise
nick up.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Jennifer Murphy > wrote:

> I would like to find a source for matching heavy-duty (ie good quality)
> non-stick bread baking pans in a variety of sizes.

Forget about the non-stick. If you grease or oil your pans properly the
bread will come free easily.

Miche

--
Electricians do it in three phases
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Miche" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> Jennifer Murphy > wrote:
>
>> I would like to find a source for matching heavy-duty (ie good quality)
>> non-stick bread baking pans in a variety of sizes.

> Forget about the non-stick. If you grease or oil your pans properly the
> bread will come free easily.
>
> Miche
>
> --
> Electricians do it in three phases

Mine are Chicago Metallic Commercial Uncoated. Good grief what a
pretentious name but they serve us well year after year. I think they came
from Chefs. About once a year the loaves stick but that's very seldom and
slipping an old thin knife around releases the loaf. Polly

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 6 Aug 2011 23:34:01 -0500, "Polly Esther"
> wrote:

>"Miche" > wrote in message
>> In article >,
>> Jennifer Murphy > wrote:
>>
>>> I would like to find a source for matching heavy-duty (ie good quality)
>>> non-stick bread baking pans in a variety of sizes.

>> Forget about the non-stick. If you grease or oil your pans properly the
>> bread will come free easily.

>Mine are Chicago Metallic Commercial Uncoated. Good grief what a
>pretentious name but they serve us well year after year. I think they came
>from Chefs. About once a year the loaves stick but that's very seldom and
>slipping an old thin knife around releases the loaf. Polly

Chicago Metallic makes excellent bakeware. Professional bakers use
only uncoated bread pans and they never wash them with soap, a quick
rinse with plain water and a wipe with a towel is all that's
necessary... the darker they become the better they bake, once a layer
of seasoning is built up they are no longer greased.

Insulated baking pans Curly Sue General Cooking 4 13-01-2007 01:02 AM
Baking Pans biig General Cooking 4 11-01-2007 03:05 PM
Smartware Baking Pans cook Marketplace 0 06-06-2005 08:59 PM
blue baking pans? Julia Altshuler General Cooking 15 27-12-2003 01:51 AM
Question About Baking Pans Danny Hardesty General Cooking 3 19-10-2003 03:59 PM