Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default google search, eliminating sites from the results

On Fri, 19 Aug 2011 10:29:24 -0400, "Jean B." > wrote:

> sf wrote:
> > On Fri, 12 Aug 2011 10:59:46 -0400, "Jean B." > wrote:
> >
> >> Ah, it's about older browsers and google docs phasing out support
> >> for them--that was as of March of last year. If it is relevant to
> >> you, I will, with your permission, forward that message to you.

> > Thanks, I understand now. My browsers are up to date enough that it
> > won't concern me. I stick with an old news reader, but update the
> > browsers (not the latest version, but close enough).
> >

> LOL! I stick to the old stuff as long as I can....

Yeah, me too. I'm finally getting a new computer (quad core, 6GIG
RAM, etc etc). I figured I might as well get the most I can (for a
reasonable price) because it's so long between new computers.

--
I take life with a grain of salt, a slice of lemon and a shot of tequila
Posted to rec.food.cooking

I liked XP much better than Windows 7, and I really found that OE was easier to use than this Thunderbird that I am now using because Windows 7 has no built-in mail client. Aero is nice but it takes a lot of resources especially with the 20" diagonal screen I have. Oh well, can't win 'em all.
==

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 19 Aug 2011 17:37:41 -0700 (PDT), Roy >
wrote:

>I liked XP much better than Windows 7, and I really found that OE was easier to use than this Thunderbird that I am now using because Windows 7 has no built-in mail client. Aero is nice but it takes a lot of resources especially with the 20" diagonal screen I have. Oh well, can't win 'em all.
>==

WTF are you talking about?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Aug 2011 10:29:24 -0400, "Jean B." > wrote:
>
>> sf wrote:

>>> Thanks, I understand now. My browsers are up to date enough that it
>>> won't concern me. I stick with an old news reader, but update the
>>> browsers (not the latest version, but close enough).
>>>

>> LOL! I stick to the old stuff as long as I can....

> Yeah, me too. I'm finally getting a new computer (quad core, 6GIG
> RAM, etc etc). I figured I might as well get the most I can (for a
> reasonable price) because it's so long between new computers.

Congrats!!! What OS will it have? I hope you don't have any
problems with software, peripherals, etc.

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 20 Aug 2011 20:26:17 -0400, "Jean B." > wrote:

> Congrats!!! What OS will it have? I hope you don't have any
> problems with software, peripherals, etc.

Thanks, it'll be Win7 - I'm not picky, I just take what I get. So
far, I've never had trouble with software etc, probably because I
don't consider myself an expert.

--
I take life with a grain of salt, a slice of lemon and a shot of tequila

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 20 Aug 2011 20:27:31 -0400, "Jean B." > wrote:

>Lou Decruss wrote:

>> I had to get a new machine last January and was very happy with XP but
>> there's no easy option other than 7. It took about 5 minutes to fall
>> in love with 7. I'd never be happy with XP again.
>>
>> Lou
>>

>That's encouraging. Another person said the same thing. I do
>know I won't be able to use XP forever, and that continuing to use
>it will, at some point, become to restrictive.

Use it till it dies. That 's what I did.

Lou