Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default google search, eliminating sites from the results

On 8/10/2011 2:16 PM, Lou Decruss wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Aug 2011 14:06:35 -1000, dsi1
> > wrote:

>>> I guess the reason I never learned how to use FTP was because it
>>> wasn't necessary to do my job.
>>>

>> Most people wouldn't need a FTP program because they don't store files
>> on the web. My guess is that will change in the future.

> Will that happen before or after google takes over usenet?

Sorry your wish didn't come true. Better luck next time. :-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 10 Aug 2011 14:06:35 -1000, dsi1
> wrote:

> Most people wouldn't need a FTP program because they don't store files
> on the web. My guess is that will change in the future.

Isn't that what Google Docs are for?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/10/2011 2:27 PM, sf wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Aug 2011 14:06:35 -1000, dsi1
> > wrote:
>
>> Most people wouldn't need a FTP program because they don't store files
>> on the web. My guess is that will change in the future.

> Isn't that what Google Docs are for?

Google Docs is interesting. It was designed for creating documents by a
group of people - collaborative document creation. Some folks will use
it to store documents and files but that's not the main idea behind it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/10/2011 2:33 PM, Andy wrote:
> > wrote:

> files
>>>

>>> What a piece of no knowledge BS!!!
>>>
>>> Andy

>> I wasn't talking about you, just all the other guys that will be using
>> hand-held devices. Don't take it so personally!

> The fact that FTP/SFTP/SSH has nothing to do with me personally is well
> known.
>
> The fact that they are ancient and still in use common transport
> protocols still can't be denied for their usefullness!!!

OK, wadda ya want me to do about this?

That's not even what I was commenting on. You're going on a tangent and
I don't want to follow you. Have a nice evening! :-)

> Idiot!
>
> Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/10/2011 2:27 PM, sf wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Aug 2011 14:06:35 -1000, dsi1
> > wrote:
>
>> Most people wouldn't need a FTP program because they don't store files
>> on the web. My guess is that will change in the future.

> Isn't that what Google Docs are for?

I've been using my web-based email accounts as document storage for
years. It makes them accessible from any computer and is probably more
secure than me carrying them on a flash drive or optical disk.

These days I can also use free web storage sites for files. Another
advantage is that it's sometimes easier to find files on these sites
than the 8 or so hard drives on 4 or 5 machines.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cheryl wrote:

>I'm taking a college writing course now, and I'm often surprised by what
>my professor corrects.

I'm taking a [Creative] Writing course in college now and I'm often
surprised by what my professor corrects.

Watch those commas, when in doubt leave them out.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 10 Aug 2011 15:20:54 -1000, dsi1
> wrote:

> These days I can also use free web storage sites for files. Another
> advantage is that it's sometimes easier to find files on these sites
> than the 8 or so hard drives on 4 or 5 machines.

I've tried two of them so far and haven't figured out how to configure
them to just focus on one or two meta-folders. How do you do that?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/10/2011 3:38 PM, sf wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Aug 2011 15:20:54 -1000, dsi1
> > wrote:
>
>> These days I can also use free web storage sites for files. Another
>> advantage is that it's sometimes easier to find files on these sites
>> than the 8 or so hard drives on 4 or 5 machines.

> I've tried two of them so far and haven't figured out how to configure
> them to just focus on one or two meta-folders. How do you do that?

This is a good question - I'd like to know how too. I use Dropbox and as
far as I know, the site can't upload folders. Only single files. That's
kinda goofy. I hope that this is what you're talking about.

The good news is that they are promising that in the future. Oh goody!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On the search page, go to the gear symbol in the upper right corner,
> select Search Settings, scroll down to Google Instant and select "do
> not use". Remember to SAVE your settings (found at the bottom of the
> page) or you'll have to do it again. Don't ask me how I know this.

Thank you very much. I appreciate it.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 10 Aug 2011 15:49:36 -1000, dsi1
> wrote:

> On 8/10/2011 3:38 PM, sf wrote:
> > On Wed, 10 Aug 2011 15:20:54 -1000, dsi1
> > > wrote:
> >
> >> These days I can also use free web storage sites for files. Another
> >> advantage is that it's sometimes easier to find files on these sites
> >> than the 8 or so hard drives on 4 or 5 machines.

> > I've tried two of them so far and haven't figured out how to configure
> > them to just focus on one or two meta-folders. How do you do that?
> >

> This is a good question - I'd like to know how too. I use Dropbox and as
> far as I know, the site can't upload folders. Only single files. That's
> kinda goofy. I hope that this is what you're talking about.

I have flash drives and a portable HD that do better AFAIC. When I
know I'll want to access a recipe away from home, I email it to myself
- still.

> The good news is that they are promising that in the future. Oh goody!

I bet it won't be part of the "free" version!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Aug 2011 00:11:40 -0400, "Jean B." > wrote:
>
>> Oh, I notice them. They are annoying too. Typing in something
>> obscure doesn't mean I REALLY want some other thing, and google
>> should switch to that other thing. It was better when they gave
>> you what you asked for and also asked whether that was what you meant.

> You have to turn off Google Instant. Click on the gear symbol in the
> upper right hand corner and select search settings. Scroll down to
> Google Instant and select "do not use". You'll have to do it for both
> regular and iGoogle.

I never tried clicking that gear. I don't see Google Instant, but
I did turn off autocomplete.

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:
> On 8/10/2011 2:27 PM, sf wrote:
>> On Wed, 10 Aug 2011 14:06:35 -1000, dsi1
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> Most people wouldn't need a FTP program because they don't store files
>>> on the web. My guess is that will change in the future.

>> Isn't that what Google Docs are for?
>>

> I've been using my web-based email accounts as document storage for
> years. It makes them accessible from any computer and is probably more
> secure than me carrying them on a flash drive or optical disk.
>
> These days I can also use free web storage sites for files. Another
> advantage is that it's sometimes easier to find files on these sites
> than the 8 or so hard drives on 4 or 5 machines.

Hmmm. I'll ponder that. First I have to see whether I can still
access docs with my droid.

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 10 Aug 2011 14:21:47 -1000, dsi1
> wrote:

>On 8/10/2011 2:16 PM, Lou Decruss wrote:
>> On Wed, 10 Aug 2011 14:06:35 -1000, dsi1
>> > wrote:

>>> Most people wouldn't need a FTP program because they don't store files
>>> on the web. My guess is that will change in the future.

>> Will that happen before or after google takes over usenet?

>Sorry your wish didn't come true. Better luck next time. :-)

I have no wish.

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 10 Aug 2011 22:46:11 -0400, "Jean B." > wrote:

> Stu wrote:
>
> > They all want us to migrate to Bing
> >

> Forget that. Google is already too big for its britches. I need
> a new little upstart to gravitate to.

Why would google *want* us to use a competing search engine? It
doesn't make any sense.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 10 Aug 2011 22:35:14 -0400, "Jean B." > wrote:

> My host's file? I have no idea what that is.

Here - http://accs-net.com/hosts/what_is_hosts.html

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 10 Aug 2011 22:38:08 -0400, "Jean B." > wrote:

> sf wrote:
> > On Wed, 10 Aug 2011 00:11:40 -0400, "Jean B." > wrote:
> >
> >> Oh, I notice them. They are annoying too. Typing in something
> >> obscure doesn't mean I REALLY want some other thing, and google
> >> should switch to that other thing. It was better when they gave
> >> you what you asked for and also asked whether that was what you meant.

> > You have to turn off Google Instant. Click on the gear symbol in the
> > upper right hand corner and select search settings. Scroll down to
> > Google Instant and select "do not use". You'll have to do it for both
> > regular and iGoogle.
> >

> I never tried clicking that gear. I don't see Google Instant,

Did you scroll down far enough? It's right after "SafeSearch
Filtering". BTW: I see there's a way to block sites at the very end
of the page.

> but I did turn off autocomplete.

Autocomplete of addresses you're trying to type in the address bar?
That's annoying. I don't remember how I turned it off, but I only get
a list of suggestions now.

What I hated was the autocomplete (now called Google Instant) that
changed whatever I had typed into the search box to what it guessed I
really meant. Now it only gives me a list of suggestions, which I
ignore because stopping to choose one just slows me down.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 10, 4:47*pm, "Jean B." > wrote:
> dsi1 wrote:
> > On 8/10/2011 2:27 PM, sf wrote:
> >> On Wed, 10 Aug 2011 14:06:35 -1000, dsi1

> >> Isn't that what Google Docs are for? *

> > I've been using my web-based email accounts as document storage for
> > years. It makes them accessible from any computer and is probably more
> > secure than me carrying them on a flash drive or optical disk.

> > These days I can also use free web storage sites for files. Another
> > advantage is that it's sometimes easier to find files on these sites
> > than the 8 or so hard drives on 4 or 5 machines.

> Hmmm. *I'll ponder that. *First I have to see whether I can still
> access docs with my droid.
>
> --
> Jean B.

My guess is that you can do it. You'll have to have a reader loaded
that can display the document. I'm able to download pdfs into my dopey
android 1.6 Behold 2. I'm posting this through Google Groups on the
Behold 2 using a Swype keyboard input method.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 11, 2:50*am, dsi1 > wrote:

> Somebody says "**** Mohamed" or "**** Jesus" and nobody bats an eyelash.
> I say that my favorite app is a FPT program and some drunk guy goes
> crazy and starts jibbering like a monkey. What the hell is wrong with
> you people? :-)

Exactly.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 10 Aug 2011 21:30:14 -0400, Brooklyn1 wrote:

> Cheryl wrote:
>>
>>I'm taking a college writing course now, and I'm often surprised by what
>>my professor corrects.

> I'm taking a [Creative] Writing course in college now and I'm often
> surprised by what my professor corrects.
>
> Watch those commas, when in doubt leave them out.

you giving *anyone* pointers on prose style is pretty ****ing rich.

blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 10 Aug 2011 19:33:35 -0500, Andy wrote:

> dsi1 > wrote:

> files
>>>

>>> What a piece of no knowledge BS!!!
>>>
>>> Andy

>> I wasn't talking about you, just all the other guys that will be using
>> hand-held devices. Don't take it so personally!

> The fact that FTP/SFTP/SSH has nothing to do with me personally is well
> known.
>
> The fact that they are ancient and still in use common transport
> protocols still can't be denied for their usefullness!!!
>
> Idiot!
>
> Andy

yay! andy's off his meds again!

blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

really? maybe you can explain what the ****

>> The fact that they are ancient and still in use common transport
>> protocols still can't be denied for their usefullness!!!

....is supposed to mean. after all, you speak fluent moron.

blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Chester wrote stupidly:

> Did a search, got 1.6 million hits on my site

Do you not understand the difference between doing a search and having
people view your site? Are you THAT STUPID?

The question was rhetorical, of course; you *are* that stupid.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Aug 2011 22:35:14 -0400, "Jean B." > wrote:
>
>> My host's file? I have no idea what that is.

> Here - http://accs-net.com/hosts/what_is_hosts.html

Ok...

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Aug 2011 22:46:11 -0400, "Jean B." > wrote:
>
>> Stu wrote:
>>
>>> They all want us to migrate to Bing
>>>

>> Forget that. Google is already too big for its britches. I need
>> a new little upstart to gravitate to.

> Why would google *want* us to use a competing search engine? It
> doesn't make any sense.

Shoulda said M$... Actually, they are both WAY too dominant.

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:
> On Aug 10, 4:47 pm, "Jean B." > wrote:
>> dsi1 wrote:
>>> I've been using my web-based email accounts as document storage for
>>> years. It makes them accessible from any computer and is probably more
>>> secure than me carrying them on a flash drive or optical disk.
>>> These days I can also use free web storage sites for files. Another
>>> advantage is that it's sometimes easier to find files on these sites
>>> than the 8 or so hard drives on 4 or 5 machines.

>> Hmmm. I'll ponder that. First I have to see whether I can still
>> access docs with my droid.
>>
>> --
>> Jean B.

> My guess is that you can do it. You'll have to have a reader loaded
> that can display the document. I'm able to download pdfs into my dopey
> android 1.6 Behold 2. I'm posting this through Google Groups on the
> Behold 2 using a Swype keyboard input method.

I haven't checked for a while. I did squirrel away an
ominous-sounding notification from google.

--
Jean B.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 11 Aug 2011 23:12:55 -0400, "Jean B." > wrote:

> sf wrote:
> > On Wed, 10 Aug 2011 22:35:14 -0400, "Jean B." > wrote:
> >
> >> My host's file? I have no idea what that is.

> > Here - http://accs-net.com/hosts/what_is_hosts.html
> >

> Ok...

I am not someone who claims to know anything about computers, but I
think... if you have Windows, it comes with a Hosts file and all you
need to do is update it. This (old xp) computer was noticeably
different after I updated the Hosts File yesterday. Just follow the
directions, it's not hard to do.

--
I take life with a grain of salt, a slice of lemon and a shot of tequila.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 11 Aug 2011 23:13:27 -0400, "Jean B." > wrote:

> sf wrote:

> >> Forget that. Google is already too big for its britches. I need
> >> a new little upstart to gravitate to.

> > Why would google *want* us to use a competing search engine? It
> > doesn't make any sense.
> >

> Shoulda said M$... Actually, they are both WAY too dominant.

I knew that Bing was M$ when Bing was mentioned, but the question
still stands about why Google would intentionally steer customers to
the competition.

--
I take life with a grain of salt, a slice of lemon and a shot of tequila.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 11 Aug 2011 23:14:48 -0400, "Jean B." > wrote:

> dsi1 wrote:
> >> Hmmm. I'll ponder that. First I have to see whether I can still
> >> access docs with my droid.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Jean B.

> > My guess is that you can do it. You'll have to have a reader loaded
> > that can display the document. I'm able to download pdfs into my dopey
> > android 1.6 Behold 2. I'm posting this through Google Groups on the
> > Behold 2 using a Swype keyboard input method.
> >

> I haven't checked for a while. I did squirrel away an
> ominous-sounding notification from google.

Google? What kind of message? Usually Google doesn't say a peep. It
lets you flounder all on your own.

--
I take life with a grain of salt, a slice of lemon and a shot of tequila.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 11 Aug 2011 17:24:52 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> wrote:

> I think we'll all be using simpler and cleaner
> interfaces in a short while. That'll be a relief.

Yes, it will... but I want MS Word, not that OO wannabe.

--
I take life with a grain of salt, a slice of lemon and a shot of tequila.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

My guess is that the technology will drive the software, not the other way around. I can't say how MS Word fits in the brave new world - as beloved a program it is.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Setting up an Android phone is a little weird because it asks you if you want to share with Google. Share what? I have no idea.

An Android phone is not a device you want to have if you're the paranoid type because it's sending out data all the time. What is it sending? Who is it sending it to? Beats the heck out of me. I have all the background services shut off, I don't allow it to synchronize any program, the Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth, and location services, and GPS, and even the 3G networks are turned off and still it merrily sends out data, sometimes in the middle of the night.

My guess is that all this data mining will one day blow up and it's gonna make any tabloid phone hacking scandal look quaint and old-fashioned.

For some reason, my Usenet service provider is not allowing me to send out any messages so I'm trying out the new Google Groups UI which is supposed to be faster and more polished. Anyway, I'm telling you this because it appears that it might have sent a copy of my previous post(s) to your personal Gmail account. Near as I can tell, this may be the default setting. Please ignore and accept my apologies if this is the case. As you say, it's embarrassing...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/08/2011 2:49 PM, sf wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Aug 2011 23:13:27 -0400, "Jean > wrote:
>
>> sf wrote:

>>> Why would google *want* us to use a competing search engine? It
>>> doesn't make any sense.
>>>

>> Shoulda said M$... Actually, they are both WAY too dominant.

> I knew that Bing was M$ when Bing was mentioned, but the question
> still stands about why Google would intentionally steer customers to
> the competition.

Maybe it steers them to Bing just so people can see how bad the
competition really is!

--

Krypsis
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Aug 2011 23:14:48 -0400, "Jean B." > wrote:
>
>> dsi1 wrote:

>>> My guess is that you can do it. You'll have to have a reader loaded
>>> that can display the document. I'm able to download pdfs into my dopey
>>> android 1.6 Behold 2. I'm posting this through Google Groups on the
>>> Behold 2 using a Swype keyboard input method.
>>>

>> I haven't checked for a while. I did squirrel away an
>> ominous-sounding notification from google.

> Google? What kind of message? Usually Google doesn't say a peep. It
> lets you flounder all on your own.

Ah, it's about older browsers and google docs phasing out support
for them--that was as of March of last year. If it is relevant to
you, I will, with your permission, forward that message to you.

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 12 Aug 2011 00:20:52 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> wrote:

> Setting up an Android phone is a little weird because it asks you if you want to share with Google. Share what? I have no idea.
>
> An Android phone is not a device you want to have if you're the paranoid type because it's sending out data all the time. What is it sending? Who is it sending it to? Beats the heck out of me. I have all the background services shut off, I don't allow it to synchronize any program, the Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth, and location services, and GPS, and even the 3G networks are turned off and still it merrily sends out data, sometimes in the middle of the night.
>
> My guess is that all this data mining will one day blow up and it's gonna make any tabloid phone hacking scandal look quaint and old-fashioned.
>
> For some reason, my Usenet service provider is not allowing me to send out any messages so I'm trying out the new Google Groups UI which is supposed to be faster and more polished. Anyway, I'm telling you this because it appears that it might have sent a copy of my previous post(s) to your personal Gmail account. Near as I can tell, this may be the default setting. Please ignore and accept my apologies if this is the case. As you say, it's embarrassing...

--
I take life with a grain of salt, a slice of lemon and a shot of tequila.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 12 Aug 2011 00:20:52 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> wrote:
>
> For some reason, my Usenet service provider is not allowing me to send
> out any messages so I'm trying out the new Google Groups UI which is
> supposed to be faster and more polished.

Well, it doesn't line wrap so now I know what the problem is when I
see those posts. Switch away from the new Google GUI ASAP, this is
driving me nuts. My news reader line wrapped it on reply and I did
more to it after. What news provider were you using? Any way to sign
up with E-S (if that's not the culprit) for the duration? It's free,
so it won't cost you anything - which makes switching worth a shot...
especially if you don't do binaries.

>Anyway, I'm telling you this because it appears that it might have sent
> a copy of my previous post(s) to your personal Gmail account.

Aha, so that's what happened! No problem, that account is there for
people who want to communicate with me off line and address harvesting
bots (which hasn't been a problem for years).

>Near as I can tell, this may be the default setting. Please ignore and
>accept my apologies if this is the case. As you say, it's embarrassing...

Oops, sorry about that empty message... you probably ended up emailing
instead of posting because it's too easy to hit that button instead of
the other one.

--
I take life with a grain of salt, a slice of lemon and a shot of tequila.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 12 Aug 2011 10:59:46 -0400, "Jean B." > wrote:

> Ah, it's about older browsers and google docs phasing out support
> for them--that was as of March of last year. If it is relevant to
> you, I will, with your permission, forward that message to you.

Thanks, I understand now. My browsers are up to date enough that it
won't concern me. I stick with an old news reader, but update the
browsers (not the latest version, but close enough).

--
I take life with a grain of salt, a slice of lemon and a shot of tequila.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/12/2011 6:25 AM, sf wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Aug 2011 00:20:52 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> > wrote:
>>
>> For some reason, my Usenet service provider is not allowing me to send
>> out any messages so I'm trying out the new Google Groups UI which is
>> supposed to be faster and more polished.

> Well, it doesn't line wrap so now I know what the problem is when I
> see those posts. Switch away from the new Google GUI ASAP, this is
> driving me nuts. My news reader line wrapped it on reply and I did
> more to it after. What news provider were you using? Any way to sign
> up with E-S (if that's not the culprit) for the duration? It's free,
> so it won't cost you anything - which makes switching worth a shot...
> especially if you don't do binaries.
>
>> Anyway, I'm telling you this because it appears that it might have sent
>> a copy of my previous post(s) to your personal Gmail account.

> Aha, so that's what happened! No problem, that account is there for
> people who want to communicate with me off line and address harvesting
> bots (which hasn't been a problem for years).

I have a Gmail account so that I can use their integrated services and
it appears to be a very spam-free system. I don't really use it but
perhaps I should.

>> Near as I can tell, this may be the default setting. Please ignore and
>> accept my apologies if this is the case. As you say, it's embarrassing...
>>

> Oops, sorry about that empty message... you probably ended up emailing
> instead of posting because it's too easy to hit that button instead of
> the other one.

I was checking out the new Google Groups interface in response to a
problem someone was having. Near as I can tell, a default action is to
send a cc to the poster's email when replying to the group. If this is
true, it's a pretty bad idea.

Other than that, the new interface works just spiffy with my iPad!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 12 Aug 2011 07:49:09 -1000, dsi1 > wrote:

> I have a Gmail account so that I can use their integrated services and
> it appears to be a very spam-free system. I don't really use it but
> perhaps I should.

You should. Gmail forwards flawlessly, so you only need to check your
mail at one spot.

> >> Near as I can tell, this may be the default setting. Please ignore and
> >> accept my apologies if this is the case. As you say, it's embarrassing...
> >>

> > Oops, sorry about that empty message... you probably ended up emailing
> > instead of posting because it's too easy to hit that button instead of
> > the other one.
> >

> I was checking out the new Google Groups interface in response to a
> problem someone was having. Near as I can tell, a default action is to
> send a cc to the poster's email when replying to the group. If this is
> true, it's a pretty bad idea.
>
> Other than that, the new interface works just spiffy with my iPad!

I still think it's awful. CC can be an issue, but the worst problem
is that lack of line wrapping.

--
I take life with a grain of salt, a slice of lemon and a shot of tequila.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/12/2011 8:43 AM, sf wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Aug 2011 07:49:09 -1000, > wrote:
>
>> I have a Gmail account so that I can use their integrated services and
>> it appears to be a very spam-free system. I don't really use it but
>> perhaps I should.

> You should. Gmail forwards flawlessly, so you only need to check your
> mail at one spot.

Thanks for the tip!

>>> Oops, sorry about that empty message... you probably ended up emailing
>>> instead of posting because it's too easy to hit that button instead of
>>> the other one.
>>>

>> I was checking out the new Google Groups interface in response to a
>> problem someone was having. Near as I can tell, a default action is to
>> send a cc to the poster's email when replying to the group. If this is
>> true, it's a pretty bad idea.
>>
>> Other than that, the new interface works just spiffy with my iPad!

> I still think it's awful. CC can be an issue, but the worst problem
> is that lack of line wrapping.

I just noticed that on a recent post, it's an interesting problem. My
guess is that it's specific to the reader program and settings used
since I can't duplicate it on my other machines. I'll try to find out
what the problem is. Thanks.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Aug 2011 10:59:46 -0400, "Jean B." > wrote:
>
>> Ah, it's about older browsers and google docs phasing out support
>> for them--that was as of March of last year. If it is relevant to
>> you, I will, with your permission, forward that message to you.

> Thanks, I understand now. My browsers are up to date enough that it
> won't concern me. I stick with an old news reader, but update the
> browsers (not the latest version, but close enough).

LOL! I stick to the old stuff as long as I can....

--
Jean B.