Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Falling Skies

Anybody watching this?

If so, care to comment on Pope?

Personally I thought his bread looked, well, not to put to fine a point
on it, gross. Now that he's back I find myself wondering what his next
culinary disaster greeted with enthusiasm by his hungry victims will be.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article ocal>,
"J. Clarke" > wrote:

> Anybody watching this?
>
> If so, care to comment on Pope?
>
> Personally I thought his bread looked, well, not to put to fine a point
> on it, gross. Now that he's back I find myself wondering what his next
> culinary disaster greeted with enthusiasm by his hungry victims will be.

Pope? Vatican? He's baking his own bread? Who's Pope?
--
Barb,
http://web.me.com/barbschaller July 27, 2011. Read it and weep.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article ocal>,
"J. Clarke" > wrote:

> Anybody watching this?
>
> If so, care to comment on Pope?
>
> Personally I thought his bread looked, well, not to put to fine a point
> on it, gross. Now that he's back I find myself wondering what his next
> culinary disaster greeted with enthusiasm by his hungry victims will be.

All things considered, isn't it time to consider fricassee of skitter?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

J. Clarke wrote:
> Anybody watching this?
>
> If so, care to comment on Pope?
>
> Personally I thought his bread looked, well, not to put to fine a
> point on it, gross. Now that he's back I find myself wondering what
> his next culinary disaster greeted with enthusiasm by his hungry
> victims will be.

Pope is a fictional charcter played by an actor; the bread was a prop.
Howsomever, given that the storyline is about humanity on a survival
footing, with minimal and sparse food supplies while being pursued by an
enemy, I would bet ANY kind of bread would be manna from heaven.
--
Dave
efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."--------

Posted to rec.food.cooking

http://www.tnt.tv/series/fallingskies/
--
Dave
efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."--------
----- Robert Heinlein

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 31 Jul 2011 13:04:50 -0700, "Dave Bugg" >
wrote:

>J. Clarke wrote:
>> Anybody watching this?
>>
>> If so, care to comment on Pope?
>>
>> Personally I thought his bread looked, well, not to put to fine a
>> point on it, gross. Now that he's back I find myself wondering what
>> his next culinary disaster greeted with enthusiasm by his hungry
>> victims will be.

>Pope is a fictional charcter played by an actor; the bread was a prop.
>Howsomever, given that the storyline is about humanity on a survival
>footing, with minimal and sparse food supplies while being pursued by an
>enemy, I would bet ANY kind of bread would be manna from heaven.

What's the quote? Hunger is a great sauce?
I haven't watched it since the first episode. It's on an awkward time
for me. However, I did see a portion last night and it seems I didn't
miss too much because of lots of setup in the first episode.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 31 Jul 2011 13:04:50 -0700, "Dave Bugg" >

>Pope is a fictional charcter played by an actor

Busted.

S.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Janet Bostwick > wrote:
> On Sun, 31 Jul 2011 13:04:50 -0700, "Dave Bugg" >
> wrote:
>
>> J. Clarke wrote:
>>> Anybody watching this?
>>>
>>> If so, care to comment on Pope?
>>>
>>> Personally I thought his bread looked, well, not to put to fine a
>>> point on it, gross. Now that he's back I find myself wondering what
>>> his next culinary disaster greeted with enthusiasm by his hungry
>>> victims will be.

>> Pope is a fictional charcter played by an actor; the bread was a prop.
>> Howsomever, given that the storyline is about humanity on a survival
>> footing, with minimal and sparse food supplies while being pursued by an
>> enemy, I would bet ANY kind of bread would be manna from heaven.

> What's the quote? Hunger is a great sauce?
> I haven't watched it since the first episode. It's on an awkward time
> for me. However, I did see a portion last night and it seems I didn't
> miss too much because of lots of setup in the first episode.
> Janet US

I have not watched any episodes. It is free on the OnDemand And Xfinity on
my computer from Comcast. Now that you have peeked my curiosity. And I was
going to read up on Pickling Cucumbers