Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Lesser known regional favorites

"Jean B." > wrote in message
> Christopher M. wrote:

>>> Never heard of it, but then I am not in Fall River. That is near
>>> Bridgewater, right? If so, I'll ask my friend who emanates from
>>> Bridgewater.

>> Yes, it's near Bridgewater. It's popular on the South Coast, and in
>> northeast Rhode Island.
>>

>> W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

> On would THINK I might have heard of it.

I first heard of the chow mein sandwich on the Emeril Live show. Emeril
liked them.

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Christopher M. wrote:
> "Jean B." > wrote in message
>> Christopher M. wrote:

>>> Yes, it's near Bridgewater. It's popular on the South Coast, and in
>>> northeast Rhode Island.
>>>

>>> W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

>> On would THINK I might have heard of it.

> I first heard of the chow mein sandwich on the Emeril Live show. Emeril
> liked them.
>

> W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

Erm... I was gonna say something, but then I have revealed that I
am capable of enjoying trashy food, so I'd better keep my mouth shut.

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jean B." > wrote in message
> Christopher M. wrote:

>>> On would THINK I might have heard of it.

>> I first heard of the chow mein sandwich on the Emeril Live show. Emeril
>> liked them.
>>

>> W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

> Erm... I was gonna say something, but then I have revealed that I am
> capable of enjoying trashy food, so I'd better keep my mouth shut.

I'm willing to eat a lot of things, other than rotten cabbage.

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jean B." wrote:

> Tracy wrote:

> >> I went to Fuddrucker's with my daughter because they have some
> >> exotic burgers. BUT they were tough and uninteresting. I figure they
> >> are not handled gently during processing and making them into
> >> uniform patties. Very disappointing.
> >>

> > I have never liked Fuddruckers. Overrated, in my opinion.
> >
> > Tracy

> Well, I satisfied my curiosity and have NO desire to return. If I
> want an esoteric burger, I'd rather do it myself and not have it
> be compressed, rubbery, and almost tasteless. What is the point?

I think the point is you got a one-off bad burger at an otherwise decent
place. I've had various exotic burgers and regular burgers at at least a
half dozen different Fuddruckers locations in several different states
and I don't recall any of them being "compressed, rubbery, and almost
tasteless".
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Pete C. wrote:
> "Jean B." wrote:
>> Tracy wrote:

>>> I have never liked Fuddruckers. Overrated, in my opinion.
>>>
>>> Tracy

>> Well, I satisfied my curiosity and have NO desire to return. If I
>> want an esoteric burger, I'd rather do it myself and not have it
>> be compressed, rubbery, and almost tasteless. What is the point?

> I think the point is you got a one-off bad burger at an otherwise decent
> place. I've had various exotic burgers and regular burgers at at least a
> half dozen different Fuddruckers locations in several different states
> and I don't recall any of them being "compressed, rubbery, and almost
> tasteless".

Hmmm. I will give them one more try then.

--
Jean B.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/9/2011 8:11 PM, Jean B. wrote:
> Pete C. wrote:

>> I think the point is you got a one-off bad burger at an otherwise decent
>> place. I've had various exotic burgers and regular burgers at at least a
>> half dozen different Fuddruckers locations in several different states
>> and I don't recall any of them being "compressed, rubbery, and almost
>> tasteless".

> Hmmm. I will give them one more try then.

If you can, try a different location. I don't love them, but they
are pretty good for a big burger.

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

gloria.p wrote:
> On 8/9/2011 8:11 PM, Jean B. wrote:
>> Pete C. wrote:

>>> I think the point is you got a one-off bad burger at an otherwise decent
>>> place. I've had various exotic burgers and regular burgers at at least a
>>> half dozen different Fuddruckers locations in several different states
>>> and I don't recall any of them being "compressed, rubbery, and almost
>>> tasteless".

>> Hmmm. I will give them one more try then.
>>

> If you can, try a different location. I don't love them, but they
> are pretty good for a big burger.
>
> gloria p

I can think of only one other place to try them, and maybe I can
get to that.

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default St. Paul sandwich; was, Lesser known regional favorites

l, not -l wrote:
> A couple of weeks back, there was much discussion of regional
> favorites; among the ones I mentioned was the St. Paul sandwich.
> Today, the subject was covered in the local newspaper's (St. Louis
> Post-Dispatch) online presence, along with a link to a companion
> piece that includes the recipe.
> http://www.stltoday.com/lifestyles/f...466499aaa.html
> or http://tinyurl.com/SaintPaulSandwich

From the name, I assumed it originated in St. Paul, MN, but not so - is
there any connection there?

-S-

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"l, not -l" > wrote in message
>A couple of weeks back, there was much discussion of regional favorites;
> among the ones I mentioned was the St. Paul sandwich. Today, the subject
> was covered in the local newspaper's (St. Louis Post-Dispatch) online
> presence, along with a link to a companion piece that includes the recipe.
> http://www.stltoday.com/lifestyles/f...466499aaa.html
> or http://tinyurl.com/SaintPaulSandwich
>
> --
>
> Change Cujo to Juno in email address.

Thanks, Won.

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

this is the worlds best comfort food, Lee