Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default More deception in food labeling

http://naturalnews.tv/v.asp?v=7EC06D...E7DA8483025962

Jerry
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Jerry Avins > wrote:
> http://naturalnews.tv/v.asp?v=7EC06D...E7DA8483025962
>
> Jerry
> --
> Engineering is the art of making what you want from things you can get.

I think I will have homemade blueberry whole wheat pancakes in the morning.
The real blueberries was on sale for $1.50 per pint this week.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

How about this:

http://loweringthebar.net/2009/06/re...dge-rules.html

http://www.loweringthebar.net/2009/0...continues.html

http://www.loweringthebar.net/2010/0...dismissed.html
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jerry Avins" > wrote in message
> http://naturalnews.tv/v.asp?v=7EC06D...E7DA8483025962

Yep.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 16 Jul 2011 19:19:46 -0700 (PDT), Jerry Avins wrote:
>
>> http://naturalnews.t...

> Sorry. Don't click on unexplained links. Especially ones that
> probably lead to videos.
>
> What a waste of time. You could at least take some time to provide
> background on what the hell it is you feel compelled to post about.

It's about foods that you would think contained blueberries, such as
blueberry poptarts that don't actually contain any real blueberries. I
didn't watch but a few seconds of it and just skimmed the words. I already
knew this. And I always read labels on foods like this if I am going to buy
them.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 16, 11:02*pm, Sqwertz > wrote:
> On Sat, 16 Jul 2011 19:19:46 -0700 (PDT), Jerry Avins wrote:
> >http://naturalnews.t...

> Sorry. *Don't click on unexplained links. *Especially ones that
> probably lead to videos.

OK, here's your explanation. The link leads to both video and text
transcript. The gist is, many foods (muffins, cereals, etc.) labelled
"blueberry" contain instead colored and artificially flavored
confections. If you want details, either go to the site or email me
and I'll send you the text part by return email. It's too long to post
here in good conscience. You can get my email address from the link at
my website: http://users.rcn.com/jyavins/

> What a waste of time. You could at least take some time to provide
> background on what the hell it is you feel compelled to post about.

You must be in an uncharacteristically bad mood this morning.

Jerry
--
Engineering is the art of making what you want from things you can
get.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:

>On Sat, 16 Jul 2011 19:19:46 -0700 (PDT), Jerry Avins wrote:
>
>> http://naturalnews....

>Sorry. Don't click on unexplained links. Especially ones that
>probably lead to videos.
>
>What a waste of time. You could at least take some time to provide
>background on what the hell it is you feel compelled to post about.

Lookit which NEWBIE imbecile started the thread.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 17, 12:06*am, Mark Thorson > wrote:
> How about this:
>
> http://loweringthebar.net/2009/06/re...ould-know-crun...
>
> http://www.loweringthebar.net/2009/0...ation-the-saga...
>
> http://www.loweringthebar.net/2010/0...ther-crunch-be...

Crunchberries notwithstanding, what do you suppose the judge would
have opined about crunchlets? Here's a brief excerpt from the site I
linked to: "Kellogg's Frosted Mini Wheats also come in a Blueberry
Muffin variety, with fresh blueberries prominently featured on the
front of the package. But inside, there are no actual blueberries to
be found. Instead, you get "blueberry flavored crunchlets" -- yes,
crunchlets -- made from sugars, soybean oil, red #40 and blue #2."

Jerry
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 17, 11:38*am, Sqwertz > wrote:
> On Sun, 17 Jul 2011 11:02:01 -0400, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> > Lookit which NEWBIE imbecile started the thread.

> Jerry has been on Usenet quite a while. *Probably at least 10 years.
> He has just avoided RFC because of assholes like you. *But now that he
> realizes you have no allies here, it's much more bearable.

Thanks, old buddy. :-) Also, a.c-c seems moribund, and so many old web
acquaintances are here.
--
Engineering is the art of making what you want from things you can
get.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 17 Jul 2011 07:58:48 -0700 (PDT) in rec.food.cooking, Jerry
Avins > wrote,
>OK, here's your explanation. The link leads to both video and text
>transcript. The gist is, many foods (muffins, cereals, etc.) labelled
>"blueberry" contain instead colored and artificially flavored
>confections.

Thanks for the explanation. I too don't click unexplained links.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Jerry Avins wrote:

> On Jul 17, 12:06 am, Mark Thorson > wrote:
> > How about this:
> >
> > http://loweringthebar.net/2009/06/re...ould-know-crun...
> >
> > http://www.loweringthebar.net/2009/0...ation-the-saga...
> >
> > http://www.loweringthebar.net/2010/0...ther-crunch-be...

> Crunchberries notwithstanding, what do you suppose the judge would
> have opined about crunchlets? Here's a brief excerpt from the site I
> linked to: "Kellogg's Frosted Mini Wheats also come in a Blueberry
> Muffin variety, with fresh blueberries prominently featured on the
> front of the package. But inside, there are no actual blueberries to
> be found. Instead, you get "blueberry flavored crunchlets" -- yes,
> crunchlets -- made from sugars, soybean oil, red #40 and blue #2."

Anybody who cared would read the ingrediants. If after
that they thought they were eating blueberries, they're
too stupid for me to care what they think. They deserve
to eat crunchlets, crunchberries, and whatever bits of
fluff that the food industry dreams up.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jerry Avins" > wrote in message
> http://naturalnews.tv/v.asp?v=7EC06D...E7DA8483025962
>
> Jerry
> --
> Engineering is the art of making what you want from things you can get.

Oh come on! You didn't really think the blueberries in "Frankenberry" or
Boo-Berry" cereals were real, did you? (Not you specifically, Jerry.) How
stupid do people have to be to buy this crap and call it fruit? It's like
Trix cereal (which has been around since I was a little kid). Raspberry
red, lemony lemon, orangey orange.... It amazes me. (I hated that cereal,
BTW).

I've always loved Cherrios. Just plain Cheerios. Sometimes I prefer corn
flakes (they make a good crushed coating for baked chicken). Definitly NOT
frosted flakes. If you want to add fruit to cereal, just add real fruit.
IMHO that's all the sugar you need.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking