Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Jack In The Box Taco Recipe for Taco Party

Having a Taco/Margarita party last weekend of the month and would like
to try and replicate my favorite fast food meal ~ The Jack in the Box
Taco...The shell, filled with a bean/meat "paste" appears to be
frozen, then flash fried, drained, then filled with lettuce and sauce
~ its a bit greasy but love it!...I'm going to throw a twist into the
mix and offer cheddar cheese and sour cream "on the side" for those
none purists...I I think it will be a Home Run with the guests coz you
just can not stop eating them ...If anyone has an idea on this basic
but somewhat complex recipe, much appreciated for a post/ideas
(CHEMO, BUTT OUT ~ No One Is Interested in your Ideas!!!!)...I'll
need to fill approx 250-300 shells...TIA!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 11, 2:30*pm, nurk_fred2000 > wrote:
> Having a Taco/Margarita party last weekend of the month and would like
> to try and replicate my favorite fast food meal ~ The Jack in the Box
> Taco...The shell, filled with a bean/meat "paste" appears to be
> frozen, then flash fried, drained, then filled with lettuce and sauce
> ~ its a bit greasy but love it!...I'm going to throw a twist into the
> mix and offer cheddar cheese and sour cream *"on the side" for those
> none purists...I I think it will be a Home Run with the guests coz you
> just can not stop eating them ...If anyone has an idea on this basic
> but somewhat complex recipe, much appreciated for a post/ideas
> (CHEMO, *BUTT OUT ~ No One Is Interested in your Ideas!!!!)...I'll
> need to fill approx 250-300 shells...TIA!

Just crap on the taco shell and call it good.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/11/2011 5:30 PM, nurk_fred2000 wrote:
I'll
> need to fill approx 250-300 shells...TIA!

That should be easy given the volume of crap you excrete. Pull down your
tighty-whities and get busy!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 11, 6:53*pm, Chemo the Clown > wrote:
> On Jul 11, 2:30*pm, nurk_fred2000 > wrote:
>
> > Having a Taco/Margarita party last weekend of the month and would like
> > to try and replicate my favorite fast food meal ~ The Jack in the Box
> > Taco...The shell, filled with a bean/meat "paste" appears to be
> > frozen, then flash fried, drained, then filled with lettuce and sauce
> > ~ its a bit greasy but love it!...I'm going to throw a twist into the
> > mix and offer cheddar cheese and sour cream *"on the side" for those
> > none purists...I I think it will be a Home Run with the guests coz you
> > just can not stop eating them ...If anyone has an idea on this basic
> > but somewhat complex recipe, much appreciated for a post/ideas
> > (CHEMO, *BUTT OUT ~ No One Is Interested in your Ideas!!!!)...I'll
> > need to fill approx 250-300 shells...TIA!

> Just crap on the taco shell and call it good.

Only a pig would want to knock off JitB tacos, but nurk is no pig,
just a troll.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 11, 8:48*pm, Mark Thorson > wrote:
> nurk_fred2000 wrote:
>
> > (CHEMO, *BUTT OUT ~ No One Is Interested in your Ideas!!!!)...I'll
> > need to fill approx 250-300 shells...TIA!

> Holy cats! *That's a lot of food to waste!
>
> Might be cheaper just to hire Taco Bell to
> make them. *You might get paper plates and
> hats thrown in for making such a large order.

No, Mark. This is Jack in the Box. Taco Bell has overpriced, not-
very-good tacos. JitB has awful, nasty tacos.

I'd pretty happily eat TB tacos if they were offered to me for free.
Not so for JitB's. I miss Del Taco.

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 11, 6:11*pm, Bryan > wrote:
> On Jul 11, 8:48*pm, Mark Thorson > wrote:
>
> > nurk_fred2000 wrote:

> > > (CHEMO, *BUTT OUT ~ No One Is Interested in your Ideas!!!!)...I'll
> > > need to fill approx 250-300 shells...TIA!

> > Holy cats! *That's a lot of food to waste!

> > Might be cheaper just to hire Taco Bell to
> > make them. *You might get paper plates and
> > hats thrown in for making such a large order.

> No, Mark. *This is Jack in the Box. *Taco Bell has overpriced, not-
> very-good tacos. *JitB has awful, nasty tacos.
>
> I'd pretty happily eat TB tacos if they were offered to me for free.
> Not so for JitB's. *I miss Del Taco.
>
> --Bryan

***Leave it to Chemo the Clown-Turd to tell someone to take a Dump on
their food...Taco Smell is way too salty and Taco Chime's meat is
full of "orange grease"...A little further research has pointed me to
a "massa-paste" for the Jack recipe and I'll experiment with that this
week ~ Gonna need a lot of grease for the fry but I think with the
right bean/meat/paste mixture I can pull it off...Sure, the easy way
out is to go buy them at the local resto but I'd like to let our
guests see that I put some time and effort into the meal...

As for Chemo the Clown-Turd I have no idea how anyone in their right
mind would even let him into a kitchen (much less a Professional
Kitchen)...Can you imagine trying to work with The Clown as one of
your line cooks or sous chef's ~ Utter Chaos ~ Bankrupt!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

nurk_fred2000 wrote:

> (CHEMO, BUTT OUT ~ No One Is Interested in your Ideas!!!!)...I'll
> need to fill approx 250-300 shells...TIA!

Holy cats! That's a lot of food to waste!

Might be cheaper just to hire Taco Bell to
make them. You might get paper plates and
hats thrown in for making such a large order.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 11 Jul 2011 18:07:51 -0700 (PDT), Bryan
> wrote:

> On Jul 11, 6:53*pm, Chemo the Clown > wrote:
> > On Jul 11, 2:30*pm, nurk_fred2000 > wrote:
> >
> > > Having a Taco/Margarita party last weekend of the month and would like
> > > to try and replicate my favorite fast food meal ~ The Jack in the Box
> > > Taco...The shell, filled with a bean/meat "paste" appears to be
> > > frozen, then flash fried, drained, then filled with lettuce and sauce
> > > ~ its a bit greasy but love it!...I'm going to throw a twist into the
> > > mix and offer cheddar cheese and sour cream *"on the side" for those
> > > none purists...I I think it will be a Home Run with the guests coz you
> > > just can not stop eating them ...If anyone has an idea on this basic
> > > but somewhat complex recipe, much appreciated for a post/ideas
> > > (CHEMO, *BUTT OUT ~ No One Is Interested in your Ideas!!!!)...I'll
> > > need to fill approx 250-300 shells...TIA!

> > Just crap on the taco shell and call it good.

> Only a pig would want to knock off JitB tacos, but nurk is no pig,
> just a troll.

That be true, but Marks idea of just contracting with Taco Bell ooops
- Jack in the Box - is the best answer. I bet they have a truck to
send out for parties.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 11 Jul 2011 18:11:11 -0700 (PDT), Bryan
> wrote:

> I miss Del Taco.

Here's your golden opportunity to open a franchise!
http://www.deltaco.com/page28.html

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bryan wrote:

> No, Mark. This is Jack in the Box. Taco Bell has overpriced, not-
> very-good tacos. JitB has awful, nasty tacos.

When he said Jack in the Box I was thinking Taco Bell
and didn't notice. As I recall, the food at Taco Bell
was pretty good for the low, low price, but it's been
maybe 15 years since I ate anything there and maybe
20 years since the previous time. I'm not sure I've
ever eaten at Jack in the Box. I like their commercials
though.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 11 Jul 2011 19:25:32 -0700 (PDT), Bryan
> wrote:

> I'm certainly not going to quit my full time job, but doing a bit of
> side work for a petit bourgeois small business owner who seems to be
> ethical, easy to get along with might not be a bad thing.

Good luck to you, Bryan! This is a good time in life to start
branching out.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 11 Jul 2011 18:58:40 -0800, Mark Thorson >
wrote:

> I like their commercials though.

Me too. If their food is even half as good as their commercials, then
it's pretty good.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 11, 8:11*pm, Bryan > wrote:

> I'd pretty happily eat TB tacos if they were offered to me for free.
> Not so for JitB's. *I miss Del Taco.

Did you work at that place or something? Or were you just banging the
fryer? Need to know.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/12/2011 1:41 AM, sf wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Jul 2011 18:58:40 -0800, Mark >
> wrote:
>
>> I like their commercials though.

> Me too. If their food is even half as good as their commercials, then
> it's pretty good.

It has been years since I had a JITB taco, but I used to love those
heart clogging gelatinous gobs of goodness. If I had one now, I
probably wouldn't care for it.

Becca
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2011-07-12, Ema Nymton > wrote:

> It has been years since I had a JITB taco, but I used to love those
> heart clogging gelatinous gobs of goodness. If I had one now, I
> probably wouldn't care for it.

TB is the last scarf-n-barf I patronize. Their burrito supreme is my
only choice. Usta be, that item was declining in both quality and
size, depending on which place and which flake employees were
working. Basically, turning to crap.

I went to our local TB a couple days ago, for old times sake, and was
doubly surprised. Cost was way up, almost $3 for a burrito supreme.
OTOH, now had a choice of burger, steak, chicken! News to me. I
got the traditional burger and was not disappointed. Big! Hearty!
No skimping! TB still satisfies.

I also recently bought TB sauce and TB refritos. Got some tostado
shells and will make some tostados tonight:

Here's the recipe for those of you too stupid to figure it out.

1 tostado shell
1 heaping T of refried beans
cheddar cheese
thin shredded lettuce
TB sauce

Spread layer of beans on shell. Sprinkle cheese on top of beans.
NUKE fer 30 seconds. Top with sauce, then lettuce. Eat.

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

food is good if you choose correctly,

they put some spice on the burgers that make me sick but they do taste
excellent,

their shakes are also wonderful expecially when its happy our and are half
off. breakfast jack is a burger bu, slice of cheese, egg and condiments of
choice, some of the appetizer things are too pricey, but if you stick to
basics nt bad, oh and those tacos? great if its drunk food time, or you
need a grease fix, not something to eat often but they are two for a dollar,
Lee
"sf" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 11 Jul 2011 18:58:40 -0800, Mark Thorson >
> wrote:
>
>> I like their commercials though.

> Me too. If their food is even half as good as their commercials, then
> it's pretty good.
>

> --
>
> Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

haven't cahnged in the last 35 years, Lee
"Ema Nymton" > wrote in message
> On 7/12/2011 1:41 AM, sf wrote:
>> On Mon, 11 Jul 2011 18:58:40 -0800, Mark >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I like their commercials though.

>> Me too. If their food is even half as good as their commercials, then
>> it's pretty good.

> It has been years since I had a JITB taco, but I used to love those heart
> clogging gelatinous gobs of goodness. If I had one now, I probably
> wouldn't care for it.
>
> Becca

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 12 Jul 2011 11:54:55 -0500, "Storrmmee"
> wrote:

>haven't cahnged in the last 35 years, Lee

I thought you were in Springfield or Peoria or something. Are they
still there?

>"Ema Nymton" > wrote in message
>> On 7/12/2011 1:41 AM, sf wrote:

>>> Me too. If their food is even half as good as their commercials, then
>>> it's pretty good.

>> It has been years since I had a JITB taco, but I used to love those heart
>> clogging gelatinous gobs of goodness. If I had one now, I probably
>> wouldn't care for it.
>>
>> Becca

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12 Jul 2011 16:48:34 GMT, notbob > wrote:

> Here's the recipe for those of you too stupid to figure it out.

Whatta guy.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 12, 10:41*am, sf > wrote:
> On 12 Jul 2011 16:48:34 GMT, notbob > wrote:
>
> > Here's the recipe for those of you too stupid to figure it out.

> Whatta guy.
>
> --
>
> Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.

***For those of you that haven't tried the Jack Taco they are on the
"Everyday Value Menu", 2 for .99c ~ I buy 4 Tacos for $2.17 after tax
~ you'll love 'em!...I'm actually going up there for lunch today and
will try to deconstruct the "bean/meat paste" filling and start
experimenting tonight for my upcoming Taco/Margarita party...Anyone
ever work there that can share a company secret (maybe
Chemo?)?...Where's Clown-Tard when we need him...:-)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ema Nymton" > wrote in message
> On 7/12/2011 1:41 AM, sf wrote:
>> On Mon, 11 Jul 2011 18:58:40 -0800, Mark >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I like their commercials though.

>> Me too. If their food is even half as good as their commercials, then
>> it's pretty good.

> It has been years since I had a JITB taco, but I used to love those heart
> clogging gelatinous gobs of goodness. If I had one now, I probably
> wouldn't care for it.

I ate them as a teenager and a very few as a young adult. I wouldn't eat
burgers in those days. The tacos were strangely addicting and yet didn't
really taste like a taco at all. I also liked the "toasted" raviolis.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

right now in springfield, but where we live we go right by one to get to the
walmart for groceries, and we go to stl often enough they are there also, at
our regular adress about 20 miles away, nothing north of litchfield IL for
those who know the midwest, Lee

"Lou Decruss" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 12 Jul 2011 11:54:55 -0500, "Storrmmee"
> > wrote:
>
>>haven't cahnged in the last 35 years, Lee

> I thought you were in Springfield or Peoria or something. Are they
> still there?

>>> It has been years since I had a JITB taco, but I used to love those
>>> heart
>>> clogging gelatinous gobs of goodness. If I had one now, I probably
>>> wouldn't care for it.
>>>
>>> Becca

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 12 Jul 2011 21:13:48 -0500, "Storrmmee"
> wrote:

>right now in springfield, but where we live we go right by one to get to the
>walmart for groceries, and we go to stl often enough they are there also, at
>our regular adress about 20 miles away, nothing north of litchfield IL for
>those who know the midwest, Lee

I thought JITB was completely gone from the Midwest. I think they
left Chicago and the burbs in the 80's.

Lou

Posted to rec.food.cooking

somewhere in the past while they did leave chicago, i have friends who moan
about it still... there are in fact several in this area, lots in stl, also
the other two i know about are in highland IL and Granite City IL another i
am sure of is on hwy270 going towards st charles MO but i am pretty sure
that the one in litchfield is as north in IL as it get, i am positive there
are none in champange/urbanna and none in springfield prper..

btw the reason i know this is because they have single bathrooms in most and
they are generally easier and somwhat cleaner than large public bathrooms,
nothing like travelling and trying to find your way around in a new crapper
when you can't see, so i try and use the "oner" where possible, Lee
"Lou Decruss" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 12 Jul 2011 21:13:48 -0500, "Storrmmee"
> > wrote:
>
>>right now in springfield, but where we live we go right by one to get to
>>the
>>walmart for groceries, and we go to stl often enough they are there also,
>>at
>>our regular adress about 20 miles away, nothing north of litchfield IL for
>>those who know the midwest, Lee

> I thought JITB was completely gone from the Midwest. I think they
> left Chicago and the burbs in the 80's.
>
> Lou

Posted to rec.food.cooking

and didn't the have issues when they blew up the clown? Lee
.com...