Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Paleo/GAPS/Gluten Free/Dairy Free Diet Suggestions?

Ranée at Arabian Knits wrote:

> I will be starting an elimination diet for two of my children (and
> therefore the rest of the family as well) on Sunday. I need menu ideas
> and recipes

For elimination diet I googled for "Texas elimination diet" because it's
the classic in the field. Probably stricter than you need.

www.excelonhealth.com/docs/Elimination_Diet.pdf

http://texasorthopedic.com/your-heal...%20-%20Generic

My first elimination plan was a side effect of doing Atkins. Half of
Atkins is controlling carb intake and glycemic load for fat loss. Half
of Atkins is an elimination system to detect food intollerences that
tend to cause cravings. You will notice it allows dairy. You don't
need to include any item:

http://www.atkins.com/Program/Phase1...thisPhase.aspx

> especially for breakfast ....
>
> We have lots of beef, turkey, lamb, a little ham and tons of eggs, so

So breakfast is covered. Have it American style. Eggs with some meat.
Even an omlette with veggie-du-jour in it. No toast.