FoodBanter.com

-   -   Aldi vs Bottom Dollar (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/409030-aldi-vs-bottom-dollar.html)

[email protected] 07-07-2011 05:09 PM

Aldi vs Bottom Dollar

I have an Aldi's near where I live, and do a majority of my shopping
there. A Bottom Dollar is opening in the same area, and I was
wondering how it compares to Aldis? I heard that they had a larger
selection of meat and fresh fruits and vegtables.

Thanks

Tom

Bryan[_6_] 07-07-2011 05:36 PM

Aldi vs Bottom Dollar

On Jul 7, 11:09*am, " >
wrote:
> I have an Aldi's near where I live, and do a majority of my shopping
> there. A Bottom Dollar is opening in the same area, and I was
> wondering how it compares to Aldis? I heard that they had a larger
> selection of meat and fresh fruits and vegtables.

It's Aldi, not Aldi's. No apostrophe. Now, it's off to Aldi for a
couple of gallons of milk.

> Thanks
>
> Tom

--Bryan

sf[_9_] 07-07-2011 06:02 PM

Aldi vs Bottom Dollar

On Thu, 7 Jul 2011 09:09:53 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

> I have an Aldi's near where I live, and do a majority of my shopping
> there. A Bottom Dollar is opening in the same area, and I was
> wondering how it compares to Aldis? I heard that they had a larger
> selection of meat and fresh fruits and vegtables.

According to the Wikipedia article "Bottom Dollar Food competes with
other discount supermarket chains, such as PriceRite, Save-A-Lot,
Aldi, and C-Town Supermarkets", so if you're familiar with any of
those - now you know what it is.

Dan Goodman 07-07-2011 08:05 PM

Aldi vs Bottom Dollar

wrote:

> I have an Aldi's near where I live, and do a majority of my shopping
> there. A Bottom Dollar is opening in the same area, and I was
> wondering how it compares to Aldis? I heard that they had a larger
> selection of meat and fresh fruits and vegtables.

Only way to be sure is, go there and see.

Note that different stores in the same chain can be rather different --
and groups of stores in different cities also differ.

--
Dan Goodman
dsgood on DreamWidth, LiveJournal, InsaneJournal, Diaspora, Twitter,

Storrmmee 07-07-2011 09:28 PM

Aldi vs Bottom Dollar

never heard fof second store but when you compare am interested to hear
about it, Lee

itsjoannotjoann 08-07-2011 01:35 AM

Aldi vs Bottom Dollar

On Jul 7, 3:28*pm, "Storrmmee" > wrote:
> never heard fof second store but when you compare am interested to hear
> about it, > wrote in message

> >I have an Aldi's near where I live, and do a majority of my shopping
> > there. A Bottom Dollar is opening in the same area, and I was
> > wondering how it compares to Aldis? I heard that they had a larger
> > selection of meat and fresh fruits and vegtables.

> > Thanks

> > Tom

I've not heard of the other store either. Maybe it's regional?