Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Allergic to food!

On Sunday, July 3, 2011 12:53:07 PM UTC-4, notbob wrote:
> This is getting insane. First it was milk, then peanuts, now wheat.
> How long do we keep our heads in the sand and ignore these GM foods
> and what they are doing to us. ...

So there were no food allergies before GM foods came along? In my experience, allergies come and go. As an infant, I got hives from oranges, including orange juice. a while later, I developed an allergy to heavy cream, but milk was OK. Nowadays, milk gives me the runs, but cream doesn't. Even half-and-half is OK in moderation, so it's not simple lactose intolerance. All dairy food, cheese included, creates pllegm, but I don't care unless I have to sing or speak in public. I suppose that's an allergy, but it isn't a disability.

Jerry

Allergic to food! notbob[_5_] General Cooking 28 07-07-2011 10:07 PM
I'm allergic to Mango ? Paul McNoob General Cooking 62 29-08-2008 06:41 PM
Allergic reaction??? Wizzzer Diabetic 6 01-08-2006 05:13 PM
Allergic to yeast - does that rule out wine in marinades? James Shugg General Cooking 13 30-04-2004 08:40 PM
Boy threatens to harm allergic teacher with Peanut Butter Cookies Tony Lew General Cooking 24 27-04-2004 07:49 PM