Old 30-06-2011, 05:52 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Ping Sqwertz

Gary W's LTH form went for the 40 grand. There's a thread over in
chi.eats about it. I don't do AFB currently so you may want to pass
it along. The whole thing is very weird.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/features/food/stew/chi-lth-forum-sold-for-40000-20110629,0,1963550.story

Old 01-07-2011, 03:53 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 1 Jul 2011 09:33:32 -0500, Sqwertz
wrote:

On Thu, 30 Jun 2011 11:52:57 -0500, Lou Decruss wrote:

Gary W's LTH form went for the 40 grand. There's a thread over in
chi.eats about it. I don't do AFB currently so you may want to pass
it along. The whole thing is very weird.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/features/food/stew/chi-lth-forum-sold-for-40000-20110629,0,1963550.story

Got it, thanks. I'm surprised it went for that much, but I think the
buyers knew they were just "donating" the money, practically. They
could have bid lower.

The folks over in chi. are kinda confused too. Gary didn't even think
it was worth anything I guess. It's never made any money. It seems
he's made some friends along the way as well as ****ing his lawyer
friend off.

And people who thought about buying it to commercialize it, they knew
everybody would bail on it out of spite.

So it seems.

Lou
Old 01-07-2011, 06:39 PM
Member

The marine highway has proven to be a cost-effective and efficient method for transporting heavy equipment and other large items which are not easily transported on the interstate highways. Barge Transportation is capable of moving equipment weighing 10,267 short tons. A short ton is the equivalent of 2,000 pounds.
Boat shipping

Ping Sqwertz ChairMan[_5_] Barbecue 18 17-12-2013 08:12 PM
Ping Sqwertz Lou Decruss General Cooking 1 02-06-2011 08:46 PM
ping: Sqwertz Jean B.[_1_] General Cooking 13 09-05-2011 12:56 AM
PING: Sqwertz RegForte Barbecue 3 07-10-2009 04:54 PM