FoodBanter.com

-   -   Ping Sqwertz (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/408810-ping-sqwertz.html)

Lou decruss 30-06-2011 05:52 PM

Ping Sqwertz

Gary W's LTH form went for the 40 grand. There's a thread over in
chi.eats about it. I don't do AFB currently so you may want to pass
it along. The whole thing is very weird.

<http://www.chicagotribune.com/features/food/stew/chi-lth-forum-sold-for-40000-20110629,0,1963550.story>

Lou decruss 01-07-2011 03:53 PM

Ping Sqwertz

On Fri, 1 Jul 2011 09:33:32 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Thu, 30 Jun 2011 11:52:57 -0500, Lou Decruss wrote:
>
>> Gary W's LTH form went for the 40 grand. There's a thread over in
>> chi.eats about it. I don't do AFB currently so you may want to pass
>> it along. The whole thing is very weird.
>>
>> <http://www.chicagotribune.com/features/food/stew/chi-lth-forum-sold-for-40000-20110629,0,1963550.story>

>Got it, thanks. I'm surprised it went for that much, but I think the
>buyers knew they were just "donating" the money, practically. They
>could have bid lower.

The folks over in chi. are kinda confused too. Gary didn't even think
it was worth anything I guess. It's never made any money. It seems
he's made some friends along the way as well as ****ing his lawyer
friend off.

>And people who thought about buying it to commercialize it, they knew
>everybody would bail on it out of spite.

So it seems.

Lou

Ramaish james 01-07-2011 06:39 PM

The marine highway has proven to be a cost-effective and efficient method for transporting heavy equipment and other large items which are not easily transported on the interstate highways. Barge Transportation is capable of moving equipment weighing 10,267 short tons. A short ton is the equivalent of 2,000 pounds.