Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Nobody buys printed cookbooks anymore!

On 6/25/2011 7:15 PM, Andy wrote:
> Nobody buys printed cookbooks anymore!
>
> Why spend $$$ when it's all online for free and peer-reviewied?
>
> Andy

Andy, I enjoy looking at recipes online, and it is nice to be able to
compare one recipe to another. However, I do buy a few cookbooks, most
of them being from churches or non-profit organizations. Everybody
needs at least one Junior League of New Orleans cookbook. BTW, one
cookbook I worked on, said on the front page, "Thanks to the Montgomery
County retarded volunteers who compiled this cookbook." We had a good
laugh about that. I will see if I can find it.

Becca
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ema Nymton" > wrote in message
> On 6/25/2011 7:15 PM, Andy wrote:
>> Nobody buys printed cookbooks anymore!
>>
>> Why spend $$$ when it's all online for free and peer-reviewied?
>>
>> Andy

> Andy, I enjoy looking at recipes online, and it is nice to be able to
> compare one recipe to another. However, I do buy a few cookbooks, most of
> them being from churches or non-profit organizations. Everybody needs at
> least one Junior League of New Orleans cookbook. BTW, one cookbook I
> worked on, said on the front page, "Thanks to the Montgomery County
> retarded volunteers who compiled this cookbook." We had a good laugh
> about that. I will see if I can find it.
>
> Becca

Andy must have helped with that book

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/26/2011 5:04 PM, Andy wrote:
> Ema > wrote:
>
>> On 6/25/2011 7:15 PM, Andy wrote:
>>> Nobody buys printed cookbooks anymore!
>>>
>>> Why spend $$$ when it's all online for free and peer-reviewied?
>>>
>>> Andy

>> Andy, I enjoy looking at recipes online, and it is nice to be able to
>> compare one recipe to another. However, I do buy a few cookbooks, most
>> of them being from churches or non-profit organizations. Everybody
>> needs at least one Junior League of New Orleans cookbook. BTW, one
>> cookbook I worked on, said on the front page, "Thanks to the Montgomery
>> County retarded volunteers who compiled this cookbook." We had a good
>> laugh about that. I will see if I can find it.

> Becca,
>
> What a funny compliment to put in a book!<G>
>
> It certainly must have put the readers at ease from the start!
>
> Best,
>
> Andy

The cookbook was to raise funds for the Montgomery County Center for the
Mentally Retarded, and we were the volunteers. They have since changed
the name.

Becca
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ema Nymton wrote:
> On 6/26/2011 5:04 PM, Andy wrote:

>>> Andy, I enjoy looking at recipes online, and it is nice to be able to
>>> compare one recipe to another. However, I do buy a few cookbooks, most
>>> of them being from churches or non-profit organizations. Everybody
>>> needs at least one Junior League of New Orleans cookbook. BTW, one
>>> cookbook I worked on, said on the front page, "Thanks to the Montgomery
>>> County retarded volunteers who compiled this cookbook." We had a good
>>> laugh about that. I will see if I can find it.

>> Becca,
>>
>> What a funny compliment to put in a book!<G>
>>
>> It certainly must have put the readers at ease from the start!
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Andy

> The cookbook was to raise funds for the Montgomery County Center for the
> Mentally Retarded, and we were the volunteers. They have since changed
> the name.
>
> Becca

That was very badly worded.

--