FoodBanter.com

-   -   Food Poisoning (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/408019-food-poisoning.html)

PolicySpy 03-06-2011 12:39 AM

Food Poisoning

Food poisoning is in the news and it's likely related to raw
vegetables.

Well, a fast food restaurant instead of raw tomato could offer a
stewed tomato. All they have to do is drop the tomato slice in boiling
water for 30 seconds. And they could offer thin-sliced bell pepper
with that boiled or steamed. In fact the bell pepper would be more
nutritious than lettuce.

And I often wondered why fast food restaurants don't offer little cups
of vegetables. For instance boiled cauliflower instead of french
fries. Or a cup of stewed tomato with ocra or zucchini. I mean really,
all it takes to cook vegetables is some water boiling on medium. Also,
I think boiled small potatoes would be more convenient than baked
potatoes.

Well, next time you order a premium hamburger just ask for a stewed
tomato slice and no lettuce.

And if investment banks will fund me, I will open nationwide
restaurants called Sprouting Stars.

PolicySpy 03-06-2011 12:53 AM

Food Poisoning

On Jun 2, 7:39*pm, PolicySpy > wrote:
> Food poisoning is in the news and it's likely related to raw
> vegetables.
>
> Well, a fast food restaurant instead of raw tomato could offer a
> stewed tomato. All they have to do is drop the tomato slice in boiling
> water for 30 seconds. And they could offer thin-sliced bell pepper
> with that boiled or steamed. In fact the bell pepper would be more
> nutritious than lettuce.
>
> And I often wondered why fast food restaurants don't offer little cups
> of vegetables. For instance boiled cauliflower instead of french
> fries. Or a cup of stewed tomato with ocra or zucchini. I mean really,
> all it takes to cook vegetables is some water boiling on medium. Also,
> I think boiled small potatoes would be more convenient than baked
> potatoes.
>
> Well, next time you order a premium hamburger just ask for a stewed
> tomato slice and no lettuce.
>
> And if investment banks will fund me, I will open nationwide
> restaurants called Sprouting Stars.

And cooked onions, but since the onion gets mild when cooked, start
with a stong onion or combine with a mild cooked pepper.