Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Cheapest dozen eggs in your area?

On Friday, May 11, 2018 at 6:45:50 PM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:

> I don't know what you mean with free shipping for orders over $49, our
> orders are well over $200. And their prices are far less than any
> market, even less than Walmart. It's a pleasure having the order
> delivered right to our door,,, 40 pound sacks of litter are no fun
> lugging from the store.

Their site states "Free shipping on orders over $49. If you're
happy with them, that's all that matters.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon wrote:

> On Fri, 11 May 2018 15:16:52 -0700 (PDT), "
> > wrote:
>
> >On Friday, May 11, 2018 at 4:52:05 PM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:
> >>
> >> I've shopped in several states, none taxed food, not even CA.
> >> You need to move from that faggoty state.
> >>

> >I, too, have shopped in other states that have no sales tax on food.
> >But the states that I did shop in have a state income tax. So, in
> >the end it all evens out. No need to move from one state to another
> >just because they do have a sales tax on food.

> I think most states have a state income tax but very few have a sales
> tax on food. However it doesn't even out as a tax on food penalizses
> the less wealthy improportionatley.

Just returned from the Tar - jay, looking at the receipt I see that ILLANNOY taxes food @ 2.25%...natcherly Illannoy taxes the hell out of everything, that is why it is a dying state...we've a state income tax, too...thank you DUMBOCRATS...!!!

Bought a cereal bowl, that was taxed @ 10.00%, if it was the city of Chicawgo you'd pay several percentage points more...

Many Chicagoans make trips outside of Cook County, especially to Indiana, for vittles. likker, gas, smokes, everything...they save many bux.

Peeps are fleeing to states like Indiana, Tennessee, Texas, etc....eventually they get tired of paying for others' fiscal mismanagement...Democrats here are a bunch of ****ing THIEVES...

--
Best
Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 11 May 2018 17:05:34 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Friday, May 11, 2018 at 6:45:50 PM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:
>>
>> I don't know what you mean with free shipping for orders over $49, our
>> orders are well over $200. And their prices are far less than any
>> market, even less than Walmart. It's a pleasure having the order
>> delivered right to our door,,, 40 pound sacks of litter are no fun
>> lugging from the store.
>>

>Their site states "Free shipping on orders over $49. If you're
>happy with them, that's all that matters.

Our monthly orders are well over $49. If you have just one one cat
you really don't need any low prices.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, May 11, 2018 at 7:38:58 PM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:

> On Fri, 11 May 2018 17:05:34 -0700 (PDT), "
> > wrote:
>
> >Their site states "Free shipping on orders over $49. If you're
> >happy with them, that's all that matters.

> Our monthly orders are well over $49. If you have just one one cat
> you really don't need any low prices.

Yes, I have just the one cat and keep quite a variety of 3 pound bags
of cat food on hand. I always have $1 coupons for these bags and
coupons for her litter, too.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Fri, 11 May 2018 21:42:56 GMT, "l not -l" > wrote:

> I've shopped in several states, none taxed food, not even CA.
> You need to move from that faggoty state.

CA pulled the junk food tax a few years ago, taxing anything they considered
junk food, but as usual they couldn't agree on what was a junk food, some
thought things like popcorn, peanuts, etc. were, some didn't think so and so
on, so they abandoned it after a few months. Morons.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 11 May 2018 22:37:09 -0700, "Cheri" >
wrote:

> wrote in message
.. .
>> On Fri, 11 May 2018 16:04:39 -0700 (PDT), "
>> > wrote:
>>
>>>Seven states do not have a state income tax. Thirty-two states
>>>exempt most food purchased for consumption at home from the state
>>>sales tax. That's a bit over half that do not have a sales tax
>>>on food items.

>> If true that's very unfair. I don't even like that pet food is taxed,
>> that's why I buy from chewy.com, they have the lowest prices and no
>> tax, plus free shipping.

>All the tax free shopping on the internet, catalogs etc. is coming to an end
>soon.

Yes. It's a shame, but I guess it would be unfair to brick and mortar
shops.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 11 May 2018 22:35:50 -0700, "Cheri" >
wrote:

> wrote in message
.. .
>> On Fri, 11 May 2018 21:42:56 GMT, "l not -l" > wrote:

>> I've shopped in several states, none taxed food, not even CA.
>> You need to move from that faggoty state.

>CA pulled the junk food tax a few years ago, taxing anything they considered
>junk food, but as usual they couldn't agree on what was a junk food, some
>thought things like popcorn, peanuts, etc. were, some didn't think so and so
>on, so they abandoned it after a few months. Morons.

Cigarettes are taxed because they're so bad for you. Why not tax
clearly unhealthy food? Not peanuts or popcorn, but coca cola, fast
food etc.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:

> Cigarettes are taxed because they're so bad for you. Why not tax
> clearly unhealthy food? Not peanuts or popcorn, but coca cola, fast
> food etc.

You would love Virginia then. They tax *everything*.
They charge state income tax too.
"Leave no stone unturned."

I looked again at my grocery store receipt. Not only did I pay
the 2.5% tax on all food, but there was one item....precooked
tempura chicken nuggets from the deli. They were leftover from
the day before so I bought a small container at a reduced price.
For that one pre-cooked item, the tax was 5.5% .

To my knowledge, the only things NOT taxed in Virginia is drugs,
both prescription and OTC.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/12/2018 4:31 AM, Bruce wrote:
> On Fri, 11 May 2018 22:37:09 -0700, "Cheri" >
> wrote:
>
>> > wrote in message
>>> On Fri, 11 May 2018 16:04:39 -0700 (PDT), "

>>> If true that's very unfair. I don't even like that pet food is taxed,
>>> that's why I buy from chewy.com, they have the lowest prices and no
>>> tax, plus free shipping.

>> All the tax free shopping on the internet, catalogs etc. is coming to an end
>> soon.

> Yes. It's a shame, but I guess it would be unfair to brick and mortar
> shops.

Actually, it is unfair to anyone not shopping tax free. The state needs
a certain amount of money to operate. If you evade all taxes, the rest
of us have to pay more.

Seems even the most honest people think evading taxes is ok to do, but
your share has to be made up by others. Most of the big internet
sellers are collecting taxes now rather than fight the states in court.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/12/2018 9:33 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> Actually, it is unfair to anyone not shopping tax free.Â* The state needs
> a certain amount of money to operate.Â* If you evade all taxes, the rest
> of us have to pay more.
>
> Seems even the most honest people think evading taxes is ok to do, but
> your share has to be made up by others.Â* Most of the big internet
> sellers are collecting taxes now rather than fight the states in court.

I'd rather internet sites collected the tax instead of me feeling a
little guilty about not filling out that line on my tax form. Sorry,
I am not about to keep track of everything I buy online and account
for it at the end of the year.

I know it's a hassle out of proportion for small online sellers.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 12 May 2018 10:12:13 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 5/12/2018 1:37 AM, Cheri wrote:
>> > wrote in message
>>> On Fri, 11 May 2018 16:04:39 -0700 (PDT), "

>>> If true that's very unfair.* I don't even like that pet food is taxed,
>>> that's why I buy from chewy.com, they have the lowest prices and no
>>> tax, plus free shipping.

>> All the tax free shopping on the internet, catalogs etc. is coming to an
>> end soon.
>>
>> Cheri

>I'm late to the game! I just posted about that in another reply.
>
>Jill

all the places that I shop online have charged me tax for years.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 11 May 2018 22:35:50 -0700, "Cheri" >
> wrote:
>
> wrote in message
. ..
>>> On Fri, 11 May 2018 21:42:56 GMT, "l not -l" > wrote:

>>> I've shopped in several states, none taxed food, not even CA.
>>> You need to move from that faggoty state.

>>CA pulled the junk food tax a few years ago, taxing anything they
>>considered
>>junk food, but as usual they couldn't agree on what was a junk food, some
>>thought things like popcorn, peanuts, etc. were, some didn't think so and
>>so
>>on, so they abandoned it after a few months. Morons.

> Cigarettes are taxed because they're so bad for you. Why not tax
> clearly unhealthy food? Not peanuts or popcorn, but coca cola, fast
> food etc.

Fast food is taxed, soft drinks are taxed in some places, and always taxed
for containers in all places in CA.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...

> To my knowledge, the only things NOT taxed in Virginia is drugs,
> both prescription and OTC.

OTC Taxed here, exception that I know of is diabetic supplies IF purchased
at the drug counter, and not the regular checkout counter, there may be
others, but OTC is taxed. No prescription tax.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
> On 5/12/2018 4:31 AM, Bruce wrote:

>>> All the tax free shopping on the internet, catalogs etc. is coming to an
>>> end
>>> soon.

>> Yes. It's a shame, but I guess it would be unfair to brick and mortar
>> shops.
>>

> Actually, it is unfair to anyone not shopping tax free. The state needs a
> certain amount of money to operate. If you evade all taxes, the rest of
> us have to pay more.
>
> Seems even the most honest people think evading taxes is ok to do, but
> your share has to be made up by others. Most of the big internet sellers
> are collecting taxes now rather than fight the states in court.

Also, there is a bill in congress right now to put an end to tax free
internet shopping, so I imagine it will end soon.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> Yep, onions are taxed too.
>>> Unlike many states, Virginia collects sales tax on grocery and other
>>> food items. However, the state has a lower tax rate on sales of food
>>> than on other sales. The reduced rate is 2.5%, which is composed of 1.5%
>>> going to the state and 1% to local governments.

>> NYS taxes TP but no tax on food items... they tax sody pop and TP but
>> not food, certainly no tax on produce.
>>

> I hope you've figured out by now, not everyone lives in NY state.
>
> Jill

Those people don't count, anyone not living there is suffering from TIAD and
have no need for any of the *elite* amenities that they enjoy in that state.
;-)

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-05-12, jmcquown > wrote:

> Don't you just love how Sheldon thinks he knows about the sales tax laws
> in every state?! LOL

Colorado taxes eggs, along with all other food. Eight percent.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/12/2018 12:31 PM, notbob wrote:
> On 2018-05-12, jmcquown > wrote:
>
>> Don't you just love how Sheldon thinks he knows about the sales tax laws
>> in every state?! LOL

> Colorado taxes eggs, along with all other food. Eight percent.
>
> nb

Wow, nb. That sucks.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Scoop-Awa...28-Lb/34614490

>>Same price at Chewy.com, but weighs 12% less.
>>https://www.chewy.com/scoop-away-ext...-cat/dp/108145

>LOL. Sheldon is like an inverted oracle. Everything he says is not
>true.

Scoop Away is lousy cat litter, it's very dusty, we don't but that
brand.
We've never bought the 28 pounder, we buy a 40 pounder, five
sacks per month.
https://www.chewy.com/frisco-fresh-s...ping/dp/133043
Plus we subscribe to AutoShip so they take 10% off our entire order,
which is a substantial discount.
And since we are a good steady cutomer they include cat treats and cat
toys gratis, and sometimes include samples of new cat products.
I suppose if someone has only one cat they may as well buy from their
local market but we have five indoor cats and several ferals outdoors.
We use a lot of litter, two extra large pans indoors and three extra
large outdoors; one in the barn, one in the gardening shed, and one
under our deck. The ferals use those pans rather than do their
business on the crushed stone foor.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 12 May 2018 18:33:23 +1000, Bruce >
wrote:

>On Fri, 11 May 2018 22:35:50 -0700, "Cheri" >
>wrote:
>
> wrote in message
. ..
>>> On Fri, 11 May 2018 21:42:56 GMT, "l not -l" > wrote:

>>> I've shopped in several states, none taxed food, not even CA.
>>> You need to move from that faggoty state.

>>CA pulled the junk food tax a few years ago, taxing anything they considered
>>junk food, but as usual they couldn't agree on what was a junk food, some
>>thought things like popcorn, peanuts, etc. were, some didn't think so and so
>>on, so they abandoned it after a few months. Morons.

>Cigarettes are taxed because they're so bad for you. Why not tax
>clearly unhealthy food? Not peanuts or popcorn, but coca cola, fast
>food etc.

There is nothing unhealthy about peanuts and popcorn.
In shell peanuts and popping corn are considered Produce (no tax) but
soda has been taxed in NY for as long as I can remember. If popcorn is
already popped then it's taxed like chips.
It ****es me off that NY taxes pet food, but Chewys does not.
The greedy asshole polititions tax TP too... pays their over inflated
salaries.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 12 May 2018 18:31:01 +1000, Bruce >
wrote:

>On Fri, 11 May 2018 22:37:09 -0700, "Cheri" >
>wrote:
>
> wrote in message
. ..
>>> On Fri, 11 May 2018 16:04:39 -0700 (PDT), "

>>> If true that's very unfair. I don't even like that pet food is taxed,
>>> that's why I buy from chewy.com, they have the lowest prices and no
>>> tax, plus free shipping.

>>All the tax free shopping on the internet, catalogs etc. is coming to an end
>>soon.

>Yes. It's a shame, but I guess it would be unfair to brick and mortar
>shops.

Amazon has been collecting NY sales tax for months, but they found a
way around it.... they allow customers to choose a tax free charity to
donate to and meanwhile they discount their prices, so in effect the
customer pays no tax... they collect the tax but it's offset by the
discount.
The brick and mortars are for the most part disappearing, and about
time, they've been ripping off customers since forever.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 12 May 2018 09:33:42 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On 5/12/2018 4:31 AM, Bruce wrote:
>> On Fri, 11 May 2018 22:37:09 -0700, "Cheri" >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> All the tax free shopping on the internet, catalogs etc. is coming to an end
>>> soon.

>> Yes. It's a shame, but I guess it would be unfair to brick and mortar
>> shops.
>>

>Actually, it is unfair to anyone not shopping tax free. The state needs
>a certain amount of money to operate. If you evade all taxes, the rest
>of us have to pay more.
>
>Seems even the most honest people think evading taxes is ok to do, but
>your share has to be made up by others. Most of the big internet
>sellers are collecting taxes now rather than fight the states in court.

I know. Public funds have to come from somewhere. But it was a nice
discount while it lasted.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 12 May 2018 08:39:01 -0700 (PDT), "Steve 'Cannabis Oil' Wertz"
> wrote:

>Bruce wrote:
>
>> Sales tax in the Netherlands is 21%, except for food items and
>> cultural stuff like books, which are 6%. You do get decent healthcare,
>> decent welfare and good roads for that. You know, communism

>Nope, NL has a thriving capitalist market economy (the Dutch are right up there with the Swiss in the "skinflint" category), so with all that hard - earned money they can afford to levy a high VAT tax in order to pay for generous social benefits.

I was joking. But anyway, what the Netherlands -and the rest of
western Europe- has is... I forgot the term... mitigated capitalism or
something. It's capitalist without the excesses of unbridled
capitalism. Or that's the idea at least.

Why on earth would that **** me off?

>"The history of capitalism has diverse and much debated roots, but fully-fledged capitalism is generally thought to have emerged in north-west Europe, especially in the Low Countries (mainly present-day Flanders and Netherlands) and Britain, in the sixteenth to seventeenth centuries..."
>
>http://technoccult.net/archives/2009...and-socialism/
>
>"The Netherlands Paradox – Capitalism and Socialism

<snip KLINT FINLEY>

>NL and Cuba offer their citizens similar social benefits, but where would YOU rather live...???

Can I go for the Netherlands but with Cuba's climate?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/12/2018 3:25 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Sat, 12 May 2018 12:56:52 -0400, jmcquown wrote:

>>> Colorado taxes eggs, along with all other food. Eight percent.
>>>
>>> nb
>>>

>> Wow, nb. That sucks.

> What sucks is that it's not true.
>
> http://www.tax-rates.org/colorado/sales-tax
>
> -sw

Guess nb hasn't kept up to date with it.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>>The first thing I checked, 28 pounds at Walmart for $9.97

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Scoop-Awa...28-Lb/34614490

>>>Same price at Chewy.com, but weighs 12% less.
>>>https://www.chewy.com/scoop-away-ext...-cat/dp/108145

>>LOL. Sheldon is like an inverted oracle. Everything he says is not
>>true.

>Scoop Away is lousy cat litter, it's very dusty, we don't but that
>brand.
>We've never bought the 28 pounder, we buy a 40 pounder, five
>sacks per month.
>https://www.chewy.com/frisco-fresh-s...ping/dp/133043
>Plus we subscribe to AutoShip so they take 10% off our entire order,
>which is a substantial discount.

OK. We use auto delivery too, for a similar discount.

>And since we are a good steady cutomer they include cat treats and cat
>toys gratis, and sometimes include samples of new cat products.
>I suppose if someone has only one cat they may as well buy from their
>local market but we have five indoor cats and several ferals outdoors.
>We use a lot of litter, two extra large pans indoors and three extra
>large outdoors; one in the barn, one in the gardening shed, and one
>under our deck. The ferals use those pans rather than do their
>business on the crushed stone foor.

A feral cat doesn't use a litter box. I think what you call feral cats
are domesticated cats that ran away or whose owner died or moved and
left them behind.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 12 May 2018 13:29:15 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Saturday, May 12, 2018 at 2:27:21 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, 12 May 2018 08:09:39 -0700, "Cheri" >
>> wrote:
>>
>> >Fast food is taxed, soft drinks are taxed in some places, and always taxed
>> >for containers in all places in CA.

>> Really? Is there tax on McDonalds burgers etc?
>>

>Here, there is a tax on all fast food.

Yes, sales tax, but that's on many things. Isn't there more than just
sales tax on cigarettes?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 12 May 2018 14:14:21 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Sat, 12 May 2018 13:04:51 -0400, wrote:
>
>> Scoop Away is lousy cat litter, it's very dusty, we don't but that
>> brand.
>> We've never bought the 28 pounder, we buy a 40 pounder, five
>> sacks per month.

https://www.chewy.com/frisco-fresh-s...ping/dp/133043
>> Plus we subscribe to AutoShip so they take 10% off our entire order,
>> which is a substantial discount.

>Autoship is 5% off. Why do you over-exaggerate practically
>everything you say?

The percentage is at their descertion, can normaly be 5%-10% depending
on total, we always get 10% because our monthy bill runs over $300.

>> And since we are a good steady cutomer they include cat treats and cat
>> toys gratis, and sometimes include samples of new cat products.
>> I suppose if someone has only one cat they may as well buy from their
>> local market but we have five indoor cats and several ferals outdoors.
>> We use a lot of litter, two extra large pans indoors and three extra
>> large outdoors; one in the barn, one in the gardening shed, and one
>> under our deck. The ferals use those pans rather than do their
>> business on the crushed stone foor.

>You spend $50/mo on litter so stray, feral cats will have a place to
>poop and pee?
>
>That's pretty kooky, Pussy Katz.

Saves us from having to clean our barn and gardening shed floors, we
find it well worth it. And we spend about $100 a month on litter.
Everyone has different priorities, we wouldn't spend a dime for a
ticket to a sporting event, but we'd spend many hundreds of dollars on
Vet bills to save our pets. Many years ago I spent nearly $3,000 on
Vet bills to save Jilly... she's now 18 years old and doing great...
she's paid back that investment manyfold in pleasure.
I got your number dwarf, it's very fortunate that you have no
children, you'd not pay $5 on medical to save them.... just keep
stealing from that fercocktah rip off food bank.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Scoop-Awa...28-Lb/34614490

>>>LOL. Sheldon is like an inverted oracle. Everything he says is not
>>>true.

>>Scoop Away is lousy cat litter, it's very dusty, we don't but that
>>brand.
>>We've never bought the 28 pounder, we buy a 40 pounder, five
>>sacks per month.
>>https://www.chewy.com/frisco-fresh-s...ping/dp/133043
>>Plus we subscribe to AutoShip so they take 10% off our entire order,
>>which is a substantial discount.

>OK. We use auto delivery too, for a similar discount.
>
>>And since we are a good steady cutomer they include cat treats and cat
>>toys gratis, and sometimes include samples of new cat products.
>>I suppose if someone has only one cat they may as well buy from their
>>local market but we have five indoor cats and several ferals outdoors.
>>We use a lot of litter, two extra large pans indoors and three extra
>>large outdoors; one in the barn, one in the gardening shed, and one
>>under our deck. The ferals use those pans rather than do their
>>business on the crushed stone foor.

>A feral cat doesn't use a litter box. I think what you call feral cats
>are domesticated cats that ran away or whose owner died or moved and
>left them behind.

Mostly ferals don't use a litter pan but they do use the pans in our
barn and gardening shed... better than them using those crushed stone
floors. As soon as we noticed that they were using the floors we gave
them litter pans and they use them.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Scoop-Awa...28-Lb/34614490

>>> Scoop Away is lousy cat litter, it's very dusty, we don't but that
>>> brand.
>>> We've never bought the 28 pounder, we buy a 40 pounder, five
>>> sacks per month.
>>> https://www.chewy.com/frisco-fresh-s...ping/dp/133043
>>> Plus we subscribe to AutoShip so they take 10% off our entire order,
>>> which is a substantial discount.

>> OK. We use auto delivery too, for a similar discount.
>>
>>> And since we are a good steady cutomer they include cat treats and cat
>>> toys gratis, and sometimes include samples of new cat products.
>>> I suppose if someone has only one cat they may as well buy from their
>>> local market but we have five indoor cats and several ferals outdoors.
>>> We use a lot of litter, two extra large pans indoors and three extra
>>> large outdoors; one in the barn, one in the gardening shed, and one
>>> under our deck. The ferals use those pans rather than do their
>>> business on the crushed stone foor.

>> A feral cat doesn't use a litter box. I think what you call feral cats
>> are domesticated cats that ran away or whose owner died or moved and
>> left them behind.

> Mostly ferals don't use a litter pan but they do use the pans in our
> barn and gardening shed... better than them using those crushed stone
> floors. As soon as we noticed that they were using the floors we gave
> them litter pans and they use them.

Nah, popeye, we know yoose buy dat litter so yoose gets pics on yoose
barn cameras. Dat way yoose can look at each cats tits and genitals
whilst yoose whacks off and splatters yoose monitor.

Dats de only way yoose gets excited enough to hump dat old Honduran lady
yoose imported from Central america.