General Cooking (rec.food.cooking) For general food and cooking discussion. Foods of all kinds, food procurement, cooking methods and techniques, eating, etc.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 28-05-2011, 07:06 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 7,055
Default Taco Bell Gets Last Word In Shakedown Lawsuit

Taco Bell responds to the shakedown lawyers who sued them
he

http://www.tacobell.com/company/news...ay_Youre_Sorry

If you can't see the Ad they're going to run because you
don't run Flash or whatever, this works:

http://kevinunderhill.typepad.com/.a...0e8e970b-800wi

  #2 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 28-05-2011, 08:37 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,396
Default Taco Bell Gets Last Word In Shakedown Lawsuit

On May 27, 11:06*pm, Mark Thorson wrote:
Taco Bell responds to the shakedown lawyers who sued them
he


Did they sue them over the beef, or over the water and the oat
"seasoning"? I'm still trying to figure out the (Wheat) Oats.

Seasoned Beef:

Beef, Water, Seasoning [Isolated Oat Product, Salt, Chili Pepper,
Onion Powder, Tomato Powder, Oats (Wheat), Soy Lecithin, Sugar,
Spices, Maltodextrin, Soybean Oil (Anti-dusting Agent), Garlic Powder,
Autolyzed Yeast Extract, Citric Acid, Caramel Color, Cocoa Powder
(Processed With Alkali), Silicon Dioxide, Natural Flavors, Yeast,
Modified Corn Starch, Natural Smoke Flavor], Salt, Sodium Phosphates.
CONTAINS SOYBEANS, WHEAT
  #3 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 28-05-2011, 11:04 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 46,524
Default Taco Bell Gets Last Word In Shakedown Lawsuit

spamtrap1888 wrote:
On May 27, 11:06 pm, Mark Thorson wrote:
Taco Bell responds to the shakedown lawyers who sued them
he


Did they sue them over the beef, or over the water and the oat
"seasoning"? I'm still trying to figure out the (Wheat) Oats.

Seasoned Beef:

Beef, Water, Seasoning [Isolated Oat Product, Salt, Chili Pepper,
Onion Powder, Tomato Powder, Oats (Wheat), Soy Lecithin, Sugar,
Spices, Maltodextrin, Soybean Oil (Anti-dusting Agent), Garlic Powder,
Autolyzed Yeast Extract, Citric Acid, Caramel Color, Cocoa Powder
(Processed With Alkali), Silicon Dioxide, Natural Flavors, Yeast,
Modified Corn Starch, Natural Smoke Flavor], Salt, Sodium Phosphates.
CONTAINS SOYBEANS, WHEAT


Oats are commonly cross contaminated with wheat due to the way they are
grown and stored. There are gluten/wheat free oats for sale but they are
very expensive.


  #4 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 28-05-2011, 02:02 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,723
Default Taco Bell Gets Last Word In Shakedown Lawsuit

On 2011-05-28, Mark Thorson wrote:
Taco Bell responds to the shakedown lawyers who sued them
he


Howzabout Taco Bell apologizing to its customers for foisting off the
same lame five ingredients they've been pushing for the last 40 yrs,
now at ludicrous prices, or to small businessmen for their predetory
business practice of overselling their franchises, so as to all but
ensure failure.

Yeah, that's gonna happen.

nb
  #5 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 28-05-2011, 06:19 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,396
Default Taco Bell Gets Last Word In Shakedown Lawsuit

On May 28, 3:04*am, "Julie Bove" wrote:
spamtrap1888 wrote:
On May 27, 11:06 pm, Mark Thorson wrote:
Taco Bell responds to the shakedown lawyers who sued them
he


Did they sue them over the beef, or over the water and the oat
"seasoning"? I'm still trying to figure out the (Wheat) Oats.


Seasoned Beef:


Beef, Water, Seasoning [Isolated Oat Product, Salt, Chili Pepper,
Onion Powder, Tomato Powder, Oats (Wheat), Soy Lecithin, Sugar,
Spices, Maltodextrin, Soybean Oil (Anti-dusting Agent), Garlic Powder,
Autolyzed Yeast Extract, Citric Acid, Caramel Color, Cocoa Powder
(Processed With Alkali), Silicon Dioxide, Natural Flavors, Yeast,
Modified Corn Starch, Natural Smoke Flavor], Salt, Sodium Phosphates.
CONTAINS SOYBEANS, WHEAT


Oats are commonly cross contaminated with wheat due to the way they are
grown and stored. *There are gluten/wheat free oats for sale but they are
very expensive.


Thanks, Julie! Good answer.


  #6 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 28-05-2011, 10:09 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 19,959
Default Taco Bell Gets Last Word In Shakedown Lawsuit

On Sat, 28 May 2011 00:37:39 -0700 (PDT), spamtrap1888 wrote:

On May 27, 11:06*pm, Mark Thorson wrote:
Taco Bell responds to the shakedown lawyers who sued them
he


Did they sue them over the beef, or over the water and the oat
"seasoning"? I'm still trying to figure out the (Wheat) Oats.

Seasoned Beef:

Beef, Water, Seasoning [Isolated Oat Product, Salt, Chili Pepper,
Onion Powder, Tomato Powder, Oats (Wheat), Soy Lecithin, Sugar,
Spices, Maltodextrin, Soybean Oil (Anti-dusting Agent), Garlic Powder,
Autolyzed Yeast Extract, Citric Acid, Caramel Color, Cocoa Powder
(Processed With Alkali), Silicon Dioxide, Natural Flavors, Yeast,
Modified Corn Starch, Natural Smoke Flavor], Salt, Sodium Phosphates.
CONTAINS SOYBEANS, WHEAT


yum!

maybe the labeling should read 'may contain meat.'

your pal,
blake
  #7 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 29-05-2011, 01:40 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,723
Default Taco Bell Gets Last Word In Shakedown Lawsuit

On 2011-05-29, J. Clarke wrote:

beef. Tells us a good deal about what's wrong with the legal profession
in the US that the firm filing suit didn't first determine whether that
was in fact the case.


The whole legal profession has lost its mind. There are now what are
called copyright trolls, companies that are simply filing threatening
lawsuits over copyright infringements on behalf of the companies that
know little or nothing about them. These intimidation suits, one's
the plaintiff is likely to settle out of court to avoid further fees,
have become an industry unto itself. One judge jes threw out a whole
slew of them cuz the legal company filing the suits did not hold any
legal right to the copyrights. That company is refiling in a
different district.

Too many lawyers being pumped out on the street and not enough cases,
so they're inventing them. Worse, the lawyers all move to places like
CA where they think they'll get rich and live in grand style. So,
there's a surplus of lawyers in CA while N Dakota goes a beggin'.



nb
  #8 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 29-05-2011, 02:40 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 61,789
Default Taco Bell Gets Last Word In Shakedown Lawsuit

On 29 May 2011 12:40:59 GMT, notbob wrote:

So, there's a surplus of lawyers in CA while N Dakota goes a beggin'.


What ever happened to the status of being a big frog in a small pond?

--

Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.
  #9 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 29-05-2011, 05:06 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,609
Default Taco Bell Gets Last Word In Shakedown Lawsuit


"spamtrap1888" wrote
Seasoned Beef:


Beef, Water, Seasoning [Isolated Oat Product, Salt, Chili Pepper,
Onion Powder, Tomato Powder, Oats (Wheat), Soy Lecithin, Sugar,
Spices, Maltodextrin, Soybean Oil (Anti-dusting Agent), Garlic
Powder,
Autolyzed Yeast Extract, Citric Acid, Caramel Color, Cocoa Powder
(Processed With Alkali), Silicon Dioxide, Natural Flavors, Yeast,
Modified Corn Starch, Natural Smoke Flavor], Salt, Sodium Phosphates.
CONTAINS SOYBEANS, WHEAT



To list ingredients in that order there would have to be more than 50%
beef, but there could be 40% water and 9.82% seasoning.


How do you arrive at 50% or more? If you have 18 ingredients, there could
be 10% beef and the other 90% split amongst the rest.



  #10 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 30-05-2011, 06:48 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 61,789
Default Multi-level Marketing

On Sun, 29 May 2011 11:45:02 -0800, Mark Thorson
wrote:

Taco Bell isn't multi-level marketing, but having a high
failure rate among franchisees is not always an irrational
or unprofitable business model.


It certainly is if they want to attract franchisees who have any
business sense what so ever.

--

Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.


  #11 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 03-06-2011, 08:24 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 11,044
Default Taco Bell Gets Last Word In Shakedown Lawsuit

notbob wrote:

Howzabout Taco Bell apologizing to its customers for foisting off the
same lame five ingredients they've been pushing for the last 40 yrs,
now at ludicrous prices, or to small businessmen for their predetory
business practice of overselling their franchises, so as to all but
ensure failure.

Yeah, that's gonna happen.


I got some Taco Bell "volcano" tacos and a "volcano" burrito last week. I
liked them a lot, to the point where I sought out their "bold & creamy
chipotle sauce" at my local Safeway, and I've been putting it on a variety
of foodstuffs in the last few days. I don't feel that Taco Bell owes me any
kind of apology.

Bob


  #12 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 03-06-2011, 05:02 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 61,789
Default Taco Bell Gets Last Word In Shakedown Lawsuit

On Fri, 3 Jun 2011 00:24:58 -0700, "Bob Terwilliger"
wrote:


I got some Taco Bell "volcano" tacos and a "volcano" burrito last week. I
liked them a lot, to the point where I sought out their "bold & creamy
chipotle sauce" at my local Safeway, and I've been putting it on a variety
of foodstuffs in the last few days. I don't feel that Taco Bell owes me any
kind of apology.

I may be the only person alive who didn't know what you were talking
about. I managed to miss all the advertising.
http://www.seriouseats.com/2008/09/t...chy-shell.html

--

Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.


Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
After Cop Finds Nasty Three-Letter Word Scrawled on His To-GoOrder, Taco Bell Levels Some Swift Justice Japhy Ryder General Cooking 0 07-08-2015 01:19 AM
Taco Bell Delivery Japhy Ryder General Cooking 0 07-08-2015 01:17 AM
Just tried the Taco Bell Doritos Loco Taco ImStillMags General Cooking 39 02-05-2012 04:24 AM
taco bell! [email protected] Mexican Cooking 3 27-08-2006 06:24 PM
Taco Bell Nachos Terry General Cooking 36 29-04-2006 10:25 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2004-2021 FoodBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Food and drink"

 

Copyright © 2017