Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Cake Glaze Question

"Storrmmee" <> wrote ...
> would others weigh in here...
>
> the way i learned it is different, glases and icing were two different
> types of toppings... someone who has a reference please correc me if i am
> wrong...
>
> Lee

Well, Lee. I don't much believe this group would ever agree on an answer to
your question. There's frosting, filling, icing, glaze and ganache (which
may be used as a filling, frosting or glaze). How's the kitchen shopping
going? Polly

Posted to rec.food.cooking

rosting i guess is what i was thinking of instead of topping, lol... it will
be interesting to see what everyone thinks... this could be a regional
thing...

i have found a microwave i really want beause it is a talking one, alas it
is only a 1 cu ft so probably not as big as i really need... i think i am
settled on making sure i have the coffeemaker and a micro before we move
in... we are currently looking at stoves and cooktops and rying to decide if
we want the cook top and larger counter ovens, or a stove with oven
underneath... anything above the stove is unusable for me and depending on
which one might impair the cooking of soup...

we have decided to follow the advice of a contractor we trust on kitchen,
and get formica so i won't chip harder surface...

thanks for asking, Lee

"Polly Esther" > wrote in message

> "Storrmmee" <> wrote ...
>> would others weigh in here...
>>
>> the way i learned it is different, glases and icing were two different
>> types of toppings... someone who has a reference please correc me if i am
>> wrong...
>>
>> Lee

> Well, Lee. I don't much believe this group would ever agree on an answer
> to your question. There's frosting, filling, icing, glaze and ganache
> (which may be used as a filling, frosting or glaze). How's the kitchen
> shopping going? Polly

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Storrmmee" <> wrote in message
> frosting i guess is what i was thinking of instead of topping, lol... it
> will be interesting to see what everyone thinks... this could be a
> regional thing...
>
> i have found a microwave i really want beause it is a talking one, alas it
> is only a 1 cu ft so probably not as big as i really need... i think i am
> settled on making sure i have the coffeemaker and a micro before we move
> in... we are currently looking at stoves and cooktops and rying to decide
> if we want the cook top and larger counter ovens, or a stove with oven
> underneath... anything above the stove is unusable for me and depending on
> which one might impair the cooking of soup...
>
> we have decided to follow the advice of a contractor we trust on kitchen,
> and get formica so i won't chip harder surface...
>
> thanks for asking, Lee
>
>Lately, lots of nice stoves come with a small oven beneath the cooktop and
>a large oven beneath that. I studied that arrangement a long time and
>decided it just wouldn't work for me. Too hard to lift something heavy
>from nearly floor level and too hard to rotate cake pans and cookie sheets.

Keep searching for a microwave that suits you and is larger. One cu ft is
really mighty stingy. Polly

Posted to rec.food.cooking

the pita is it is the only talking one i have found so far... but i might
have to pass because of the size...

we have looked at those with the smaller oven on top and the smaller on
bottom... i am leaning towards the smaller one on the bottom. dh is leaning
towards a single large oven, and since he doe s the turkey and ham i can't
sqwalk... as long as he is willing to do most of the cooking i can get buy
as need be... lol, Lee
"Polly Esther" > wrote in message

> "Storrmmee" <> wrote in message
>> frosting i guess is what i was thinking of instead of topping, lol... it
>> will be interesting to see what everyone thinks... this could be a
>> regional thing...
>>
>> i have found a microwave i really want beause it is a talking one, alas
>> it is only a 1 cu ft so probably not as big as i really need... i think i
>> am settled on making sure i have the coffeemaker and a micro before we
>> move in... we are currently looking at stoves and cooktops and rying to
>> decide if we want the cook top and larger counter ovens, or a stove with
>> oven underneath... anything above the stove is unusable for me and
>> depending on which one might impair the cooking of soup...
>>
>> we have decided to follow the advice of a contractor we trust on kitchen,
>> and get formica so i won't chip harder surface...
>>
>> thanks for asking, Lee
>>
>>Lately, lots of nice stoves come with a small oven beneath the cooktop and
>>a large oven beneath that. I studied that arrangement a long time and
>>decided it just wouldn't work for me. Too hard to lift something heavy
>>from nearly floor level and too hard to rotate cake pans and cookie
>>sheets.

> Keep searching for a microwave that suits you and is larger. One cu ft is
> really mighty stingy. Polly

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Storrmmee" <> wrote > the pita is it is the only talking one i have found
so far... but i might
> have to pass because of the size...
>
> we have looked at those with the smaller oven on top and the smaller on
> bottom... i am leaning towards the smaller one on the bottom. dh is
> leaning towards a single large oven, and since he doe s the turkey and ham
> i can't sqwalk... as long as he is willing to do most of the cooking i can
> get buy as need be... lol, Lee

The single large oven is a good choice. If you need just a little baking,
the toaster oven will do fine. We have a Black & Decker toaster oven with a
'bump out' for pizza. It does toast very well and lots of small baking
projects. Be careful to locate the microwave at a height that is safe and
comfortable for you including a landing spot that you can easily manage.
Our shelf for the m/w is too high for me and now sports a pittosporium
rhombifolium. The m/w is on the counter and the happy houseplant is quite a
show-off. Polly

Posted to rec.food.cooking

we have really discussed this, and have decided that if one is on a shelf we
will have a second smaller one for me to reheat... we have discussed one
large oven in the stove, a large ish convection counter top model and maybe
a nuker/convection for the counter... but atm i will be happy with a nuker i
can operate... lol, Lee