Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Dixieland Chess Pie

Dixieland Chess Pie
Categories: Dessert, Pie. Dixie, Southern, USA, Side dish
Yield: 1 pie

1/2 c Butter
2 c White sugar
1 ts vanilla extract
4 ea Eggs
1 tb cornmeal
1/4 c evaporated milk
1 tb distilled white vinegar
1 ea 9" unbaked pie shell

Pre-heat your oven to 425 deg-F.
Mix butter, sugar & vanilla together in a large bowl.
Mix in your eggs then stir in cornmeal, evaporated milk & vinegar
until smooth.
Bake for 10 mins. then reduce oven heat to 300 deg-F.
Bake for 40 mins. more.
Remove from oven then allow to cool.
Cut tnh top servings with whipped cream.

ORIGIN: Missy Ingraham, Blountstown-FL, circa 2011
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 27, 9:42*am, kozzak > wrote:
> Dixieland Chess Pie
> Categories: Dessert, Pie. Dixie, Southern, USA, Side dish
> Yield: 1 pie
>

> ORIGIN: Missy Ingraham, Blountstown-FL, circa 2011

For crying out loud, that's just a plain old Chess pie that has been
around since Adam was a lad. I've made enough of these I can do it in
my sleep and not even look at a recipe. There's no 'Dixieland' to it
nor did Missy originate this pie. She copied it out of a cookbook or
found the recipe on the internet.

Stupid people post recipes like this and think they are sharing
something no one else has ever heard of and then want to give credit
to some twit in in Florida who probably can't even boil water.

Good grief.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 27 May 2011 17:54:20 -0700 (PDT), ItsJoanNotJoann
> wrote:

> On May 27, 9:42*am, kozzak > wrote:
> > Dixieland Chess Pie
> > Categories: Dessert, Pie. Dixie, Southern, USA, Side dish
> > Yield: 1 pie
> >

> > ORIGIN: Missy Ingraham, Blountstown-FL, circa 2011
> >

> For crying out loud, that's just a plain old Chess pie that has been
> around since Adam was a lad. I've made enough of these I can do it in
> my sleep and not even look at a recipe.

Good to know that was a generic recipe. I'm a Northerner, so I've
never made or eaten it.

Chess Bauttar Vegan 0 10-12-2011 04:12 PM
Chess and Wine [email protected] Wine 7 05-07-2007 11:55 PM
Chocolate Chess Pie Chef Tamara Recipes (moderated) 0 15-02-2007 06:50 AM
Lemon Chess Pie Duckie ® Recipes 0 06-03-2005 05:17 AM
Drinking chess Root User Beer 0 28-04-2004 03:22 PM