Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default "Smart Cars" (was Why indeed)

On May 13, 3:13*am, Omelet > wrote:
> In article om>,
> *"Pete C." > wrote:
>

> > Omelet wrote:

> > > I have every intention of purchasing one as soon as my mortgage is paid
> > > off (next year) and I can afford to make car payments again. *I'm seeing
> > > more and more of them around here as more and more people wise up.

> > > If you have no kids, it makes perfect sense for one to be owned by
> > > single people or couples.

> > > Especially if your work commute is more than 20 miles.

> > There are plenty of much better choices, small reliable cars that get
> > nearly the same MPG as those "Smart" golf carts, while providing 4X the
> > cargo capacity and at half the price.

Name one.

> They are not expensive. And safer.

Sure, they're cheap, but the Stupid fortwo gets worse mileage than a
Prius. Of all the nice city cars out there, what does the USA get?
The worst of the bunch. The Aygo gets 47/57 (gasoline) and 44/69
(diesel model).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Aygo
Then there's the Fiat 500 with the motor they plan NOT to offer to PIG
Americans:
http://www.smartplanet.com/blog/thin...pg-on-gas/4705
> --
> Peace, Om