Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Mother's Day Weekend

DH and I spent the weekend in Fairfax County, VA visiting a son. He
has just bought a house and we were interested in seeing it. We also
took him a lawnmower.

Restaurant food was on the agenda. He is not settled in yet.

Saturday night we ate at Pasha Cafe.
http://www.pashacafe.com/Home.html
We started with the hummus with bread and pita.
I had the Gyro Platter, DH had spaghetti and son had Lamb Orzi. All
the food was great.

We had Sunday brunch at Metro 29.
http://www.metro29diner.com/Menu.html
I had Eggs Benedict, the men had eggs in some form and split my hash
browns. I got a canollini(sp?) to take home for dessert that night.

After Brunch we made a stop a Penzeys. After I looked at everything
in the store and smelled many of them I bought Saffron, Brown Mustard
Seed, and Spanish Paprika. DH bought Tandoori Chicken Seasoning and
Tumeric.

Sunday evening we ate at Rabeings Thai Restaurant.
http://www.rabiengthai.com/
We had Spring Rolls for an appetizer.
I had Pad Thai Supreme, son had Panang Beef and I don't see what DH
had. Another great meal. They gave an orchid to the mothers.

After dinner we went next door to Duangrat's Grocery.
http://www.yelp.com/biz/duangrats-grocery-falls-church
My main purchase was a stone mortar and pestle for $15. They also had
deep clay ones for about $3 with the long wood pestle for $2. I
bought one of the long pestles because the wood was beautiful. I also
bought a small box Jasmine tea and a bag of white peppercorns. DH
bought some sauces.

My son has certainly spread his eating wings since he left home. And
all of these places are close to where he lives. Lucky man.

I am glad my son was driving while we were there. The traffic is
terrible.

Now to recuperate.
--
Susan N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 10, 8:58*am, The Cook > wrote:
> DH and I spent the weekend in Fairfax County, VA visiting a son. *He
> has just bought a house and we were interested in seeing it. *We also
> took him a lawnmower.

You are married to a designated hitter? What team is he on?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message

> On May 10, 8:58 am, The Cook > wrote:
>> DH and I spent the weekend in Fairfax County, VA visiting a son. He
>> has just bought a house and we were interested in seeing it. We
>> also
>> took him a lawnmower.

> You are married to a designated hitter? What team is he on?

Gladys, I don't know who you are, but I think I like you.

Felice

Mother's Day Gary General Cooking 14 13-05-2013 01:39 PM
Mother's Day George Shirley[_3_] Preserving 1 13-05-2013 12:43 AM
TN: non-weekend weekend, with Beaujolais, Bdx, and Cahors DaleW Wine 8 12-01-2009 06:01 PM
Tell me about vinegar Mother Janet Bostwick General Cooking 4 22-07-2006 10:57 PM
what I got for mother's day sf General Cooking 1 14-05-2006 09:24 PM