Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default no microwave

I've been without one for almost a month. Can't defrost my bagel in
the morning - or anything else for that matter. Yesterday my daughter
arrived with the baby. She had to boil water for the food, then let
it rest in the water to warm up!. Today I bought take out Chinese
(forgot about the broken microwave), and now have to heat it up on the
stove. Jeez.............
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On May 7, 5:46*pm, lainie > wrote:
> I've been without one for almost a month. *Can't defrost my bagel in
> the morning - *or anything else for that matter. Yesterday my daughter
> arrived with the baby. *She had to boil water for the food, then let
> it rest in the water to warm up!. *Today I bought take out Chinese
> (forgot about the broken microwave), and now have to heat it up on the
> stove. *Jeez.............

I haven't had a microwave for years. Don't really miss it at all.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

lainie wrote:

> I've been without one for almost a month. Can't defrost my bagel in
> the morning - or anything else for that matter. Yesterday my daughter
> arrived with the baby. She had to boil water for the food, then let
> it rest in the water to warm up!. Today I bought take out Chinese
> (forgot about the broken microwave), and now have to heat it up on the
> stove. Jeez.............

Check thrift shops for cheap ones which work.

--
Dan Goodman
dsgood at lj, dw, ij, tw__ fb: see above
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 7, 9:13*pm, "Dan Goodman" > wrote:
> lainie wrote:
> > I've been without one for almost a month. *Can't defrost my bagel in
> > the morning - *or anything else for that matter. Yesterday my daughter
> > arrived with the baby. *She had to boil water for the food, then let
> > it rest in the water to warm up!. *Today I bought take out Chinese
> > (forgot about the broken microwave), and now have to heat it up on the
> > stove. *Jeez.............

> Check thrift shops for cheap ones which work.
>
> --
> Dan Goodman
> dsgood at lj, dw, ij, *tw__ *fb: see above

And........I burned the take out Chinese as I was writing this post.
As it turns out all my kids have spare microwaves. Glad I didn't buy
a new one!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"lainie" > wrote in message
On May 7, 9:13 pm, "Dan Goodman" > wrote:
> lainie wrote:
> > I've been without one for almost a month. Can't defrost my bagel in
> > the morning - or anything else for that matter. Yesterday my daughter
> > arrived with the baby. She had to boil water for the food, then let
> > it rest in the water to warm up!. Today I bought take out Chinese
> > (forgot about the broken microwave), and now have to heat it up on the
> > stove. Jeez.............

> Check thrift shops for cheap ones which work.
>
> --
> Dan Goodman
> dsgood at lj, dw, ij, tw__ fb: see above

And........I burned the take out Chinese as I was writing this post.
As it turns out all my kids have spare microwaves. Glad I didn't buy
a new one!
In 1983 ( I remember it well) our kitchen burned and all we had to cook
on was a gentle Amana Radarange. That fire may have saved our lives since
the repairs opened up a wall where squirrels were making themselves a nice
home including sharpening their little teeth on the electrical wires.
Anyhow, the m/w was all we had for 6 months and we got really good at it.
Even Mr. Esther (who approaches the kitchen with great caution) knows how to
do a few settings. Polly

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"lainie" > wrote in message
> I've been without one for almost a month. Can't defrost my bagel in
> the morning - or anything else for that matter. Yesterday my daughter
> arrived with the baby. She had to boil water for the food, then let
> it rest in the water to warm up!. Today I bought take out Chinese
> (forgot about the broken microwave), and now have to heat it up on the
> stove. Jeez.............

You can get a cheap microwave. Buy a new one.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"ImStillMags" > wrote in message
On May 7, 5:46 pm, lainie > wrote:
> I've been without one for almost a month. Can't defrost my bagel in
> the morning - or anything else for that matter. Yesterday my daughter
> arrived with the baby. She had to boil water for the food, then let
> it rest in the water to warm up!. Today I bought take out Chinese
> (forgot about the broken microwave), and now have to heat it up on the
> stove. Jeez.............

I haven't had a microwave for years. Don't really miss it at all.

I use mine quite a lot. Not to boil water. I have a kettle for that. Not
to cook with. But I need it to soften up the gluten free bread and
tortillas. And to reheat leftovers.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
lainie > wrote:

> I've been without one for almost a month. Can't defrost my bagel in
> the morning - or anything else for that matter. Yesterday my daughter
> arrived with the baby. She had to boil water for the food, then let
> it rest in the water to warm up!. Today I bought take out Chinese
> (forgot about the broken microwave), and now have to heat it up on the
> stove. Jeez.............

Man, anybody would think it was the 1980s or something.

Take yer bagel out of the freezer before you go to bed and it'll be
ready for toasting when you get up.

Miche

--
Electricians do it in three phases
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 7, 7:46*pm, lainie > wrote:
> I've been without one for almost a month. *Can't defrost my bagel in
> the morning - *or anything else for that matter. Yesterday my daughter
> arrived with the baby. *She had to boil water for the food, then let
> it rest in the water to warm up!. *Today I bought take out Chinese
> (forgot about the broken microwave), and now have to heat it up on the
> stove. *Jeez.............

Good grief! Welcome to life.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"lainie" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> I've been without one for almost a month. Can't defrost my bagel in
> the morning - or anything else for that matter. Yesterday my daughter
> arrived with the baby. She had to boil water for the food, then let
> it rest in the water to warm up!. Today I bought take out Chinese
> (forgot about the broken microwave), and now have to heat it up on the
> stove. Jeez.............

Wow, that's tragic.
I haven't had one in 11 years, when I made a conscious decision to have an
additional 4 SF of counter instead.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 7, 8:46*pm, lainie > wrote:
> I've been without one for almost a month. *Can't defrost my bagel in
> the morning - *or anything else for that matter. Yesterday my daughter
> arrived with the baby. *She had to boil water for the food, then let
> it rest in the water to warm up!. *Today I bought take out Chinese
> (forgot about the broken microwave), and now have to heat it up on the
> stove. *Jeez.............

Wow - but isn't life TOUGH.

Yer lucky to have water and heat to boil it. "Jeez."
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 7, 5:46*pm, lainie > wrote:
> I've been without one for almost a month. *Can't defrost my bagel in
> the morning - *or anything else for that matter. Yesterday my daughter
> arrived with the baby. *She had to boil water for the food, then let
> it rest in the water to warm up!. *Today I bought take out Chinese
> (forgot about the broken microwave), and now have to heat it up on the
> stove. *Jeez.............

Take the bagel out of the fridge the night before.........
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 16 May 2011 09:05:40 -0700 (PDT), Chemo the Clown
> wrote:

>On May 7, 5:46*pm, lainie > wrote:
>> I've been without one for almost a month. *Can't defrost my bagel in
>> the morning - *or anything else for that matter. Yesterday my daughter
>> arrived with the baby. *She had to boil water for the food, then let
>> it rest in the water to warm up!. *Today I bought take out Chinese
>> (forgot about the broken microwave), and now have to heat it up on the
>> stove. *Jeez.............

>Take the bagel out of the fridge the night before.

Were it in the fridge it wouldn't be frozen so could be toasted
straight away. However a bagel can be toasted from frozen... toast
with 2-3 short bursts with a minute between... my 20 year old KA
toaster has a defrost cycle.
Member

mocrowave is very neccessary
At home its usage is so more...
__________________
Hobbies
Member

I have dawlance microwave
it is best .....
__________________
remodeling contractors

Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleeshan20kat View Post
mocrowave is very neccessary
At home its usage is so more...
yeah it stinks to have no microwave. but come on those things are getting so inexpensive now, dont tell me you dont have 30$ to get one. I seen them at target for like 40$ for a decent small one.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 7, 7:46*pm, lainie > wrote:
> I've been without one for almost a month. *Can't defrost my bagel in
> the morning - *or anything else for that matter. Yesterday my daughter
> arrived with the baby. *She had to boil water for the food, then let
> it rest in the water to warm up!. *Today I bought take out Chinese
> (forgot about the broken microwave), and now have to heat it up on the
> stove. *Jeez.............

Go live in a refugee camp in Turkey or the Sudan and tell us how tough
your life is without a microwave.

N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 7, 5:46*pm, lainie > wrote:
> I've been without one for almost a month. *Can't defrost my bagel in
> the morning - *or anything else for that matter. Yesterday my daughter
> arrived with the baby. *She had to boil water for the food, then let
> it rest in the water to warm up!. *Today I bought take out Chinese
> (forgot about the broken microwave), and now have to heat it up on the
> stove. *Jeez.............

$30 for a brand new one...are you that broke? If so, dump the internet
and buy the microwave.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 21 Jun 2011 11:49:05 -0700 (PDT), Chemo the Clown
> wrote:

> On May 7, 5:46*pm, lainie > wrote:
> > I've been without one for almost a month. *Can't defrost my bagel in
> > the morning - *or anything else for that matter. Yesterday my daughter
> > arrived with the baby. *She had to boil water for the food, then let
> > it rest in the water to warm up!. *Today I bought take out Chinese
> > (forgot about the broken microwave), and now have to heat it up on the
> > stove. *Jeez.............

> $30 for a brand new one...are you that broke? If so, dump the internet
> and buy the microwave.

I had no idea they came that cheap. Bestbuy.com seems to have had an
Oster for $30 at christmas... but it doesn't look like they have it
now. Doing a search for microwaves under $50, comments go along the
line of you get what you pay for. They last 2-6 months, and then stop
working.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

totally wrong, the one we bought when we moved in house lasted 13 years,
second one, a twenty five dollar after xmas at wally was working on year 8,
partly what you pay for, partly how you treat it, Lee
"sf" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 21 Jun 2011 11:49:05 -0700 (PDT), Chemo the Clown
> > wrote:
>
>> On May 7, 5:46 pm, lainie > wrote:
>> > I've been without one for almost a month. Can't defrost my bagel in
>> > the morning - or anything else for that matter. Yesterday my daughter
>> > arrived with the baby. She had to boil water for the food, then let
>> > it rest in the water to warm up!. Today I bought take out Chinese
>> > (forgot about the broken microwave), and now have to heat it up on the
>> > stove. Jeez.............

>> $30 for a brand new one...are you that broke? If so, dump the internet
>> and buy the microwave.

> I had no idea they came that cheap. Bestbuy.com seems to have had an
> Oster for $30 at christmas... but it doesn't look like they have it
> now. Doing a search for microwaves under $50, comments go along the
> line of you get what you pay for. They last 2-6 months, and then stop
> working.
>
> --
>
> Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 7 May 2011 22:25:24 -0400, Polly Esther wrote
(in article >):

> "lainie" > wrote in message
> On May 7, 9:13 pm, "Dan Goodman" > wrote:
>> lainie wrote:
>>> I've been without one for almost a month. Can't defrost my bagel in
>>> the morning - or anything else for that matter. Yesterday my daughter
>>> arrived with the baby. She had to boil water for the food, then let
>>> it rest in the water to warm up!. Today I bought take out Chinese
>>> (forgot about the broken microwave), and now have to heat it up on the
>>> stove. Jeez.............

>> Check thrift shops for cheap ones which work.
>>
>> --
>> Dan Goodman
>> dsgood at lj, dw, ij, tw__ fb: see above

> And........I burned the take out Chinese as I was writing this post.
> As it turns out all my kids have spare microwaves. Glad I didn't buy
> a new one!
> In 1983 ( I remember it well) our kitchen burned and all we had to cook
> on was a gentle Amana Radarange. That fire may have saved our lives since
> the repairs opened up a wall where squirrels were making themselves a nice
> home including sharpening their little teeth on the electrical wires.
> Anyhow, the m/w was all we had for 6 months and we got really good at it.
> Even Mr. Esther (who approaches the kitchen with great caution) knows how to
> do a few settings. Polly

I have had a RadarRange since 1970. I have had that touch panel replaced
twice. Still works fine. I would be lost without a microwave.

--
Lee
Park Ridge NJ