FoodBanter.com

-   -   Menu translation Italian to English (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/407118-menu-translation-italian-english.html)

Giusi 02-05-2011 10:13 AM

Menu translation Italian to English

For the curious or soon to travel.
http://www.judithgreenwood.com/think...menu-losteria/

ViLco 02-05-2011 10:28 AM

Menu translation Italian to English

Giusi wrote:

> For the curious or soon to travel.
> http://www.judithgreenwood.com/think...menu-losteria/

Nice job, that page. That Osteria must be a very good dining spot.

BTW - they do Amatriciana just as I do, with onions, but don't say it
around: Amatriciana should be without onions, but then it's so sad a
sauce... In Rome they add onion and call it Matriciana, removing the first
"a", I call it as it happens to me: Matriciana, Amatriciana, pasta
pomodoro - pancetta - cipolla... The onion is so perfect in that sauce, that
I can't figure out why people make amatriciana without.
--
ViLco
Let the liquor do the thinking

spamtrap1888 02-05-2011 07:20 PM

On May 2, 2:13*am, "Giusi" > wrote:
> For the curious or soon to travel.http://www.judithgreenwood.com/think...alian-menu-los...

No main dishes? Or do they do one or two specials every day?

I haven't seen the word scamorza in a long time. In Chicago that was
used for various local brands of pizza cheese.

Giusi 03-05-2011 05:11 AM

"spamtrap1888" ha scritto nel messaggio
On May 2, 2:13 am, "Giusi" > wrote:
> For the curious or soon to
> travel.http://www.judithgreenwood.com/think...alian-menu-los...

No main dishes? Or do they do one or two specials every day?

I haven't seen the word scamorza in a long time. In Chicago that was
used for various local brands of pizza cheese.

5-6 specials each day plus the cheeses