Old 30-04-2011, 08:21 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default The Lunchtime Reception

On Apr 30, 2:43*am, "M. JL Esq." wrote:
-

They have known each other for almost 10 years and his hair is receding.
* He's balding!

Aw, YOU know that old saw - when there's no top on the convertible,
there's still power under the hood.

Old 30-04-2011, 11:06 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 29, 4:04*pm, Brooklyn1 Gravesend1 wrote:
projectile vomit chick wrote:
Janet Bostwick wrote:
I understand what each of the items on the menu is, but many are
joined in one canape in a way that I can't visualize. *For instance,
the Scottish Langoustines with Lemon Mayonnaise Pressed Confit of Pork
Belly with Crayfish and Crackling. *I just can't imagine that one.. ..
I'd be willing to give everything a try, though.

*sniperoo

What, no Spotted Dick?!

Enjoy:http://yourfoodchoices.files.wordpre...otted-dick.jpg

lmao
Old 01-05-2011, 05:43 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Janet wrote:

I understand what each of the items on the menu is, but many are
joined in one canape in a way that I can't visualize. For instance,
the Scottish Langoustines with Lemon Mayonnaise Pressed Confit of Pork
Belly with Crayfish and Crackling. I just can't imagine that one.. .
I'd be willing to give everything a try, though.

As another Janet noted, I think that's supposed to be two different items.

.Smoked Haddock Fishcake with Pea Guacamole

Heh... Fish cakes with mushy peas! How English can you get?

Bob

Old 01-05-2011, 01:01 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 29 Apr 2011 23:43:28 -0700, "M. JL Esq."
wrote:

I mean, come on, she wasn't thrust into it by inevitable circumstance.

They have known each other for almost 10 years and his hair is receding.
He's balding!

And she still married him.

I don't deny the genuine feelings they have for each other, I only
question the privilege in which they have it.

I'm just glad they appear to really like/love each other. She has a
great deal of composure and doesn't appear to be a deer caught in the
headlights the way Diana was at first .

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Old 01-05-2011, 02:03 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 30 Apr 2011 21:43:57 -0700, "Bob Terwilliger"
wrote:

Janet wrote:

I understand what each of the items on the menu is, but many are
joined in one canape in a way that I can't visualize. For instance,
the Scottish Langoustines with Lemon Mayonnaise Pressed Confit of Pork
Belly with Crayfish and Crackling. I just can't imagine that one.. .
I'd be willing to give everything a try, though.

As another Janet noted, I think that's supposed to be two different items.

snip
Bob

I certainly makes more sense that way, but after watching some of the
cooking shows on TV, I was thinking that anything goes ;o}
Janet US

Old 01-05-2011, 05:15 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bob Terwilliger" wrote in message
eb.com...
Janet wrote:

I understand what each of the items on the menu is, but many are
joined in one canape in a way that I can't visualize. For instance,
the Scottish Langoustines with Lemon Mayonnaise Pressed Confit of Pork
Belly with Crayfish and Crackling. I just can't imagine that one.. .
I'd be willing to give everything a try, though.

As another Janet noted, I think that's supposed to be two different items.

.Smoked Haddock Fishcake with Pea Guacamole

Heh... Fish cakes with mushy peas! How English can you get?

Bob

Oh, but "pea guacamole" sounds ever so much more elegant than "mushy peas!"

Felice

Old 01-05-2011, 09:43 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 1 May 2011 12:15:24 -0400, "Felice"
wrote:

"Bob Terwilliger" wrote in message
web.com...
Janet wrote:

I understand what each of the items on the menu is, but many are
joined in one canape in a way that I can't visualize. For instance,
the Scottish Langoustines with Lemon Mayonnaise Pressed Confit of Pork
Belly with Crayfish and Crackling. I just can't imagine that one.. .
I'd be willing to give everything a try, though.

As another Janet noted, I think that's supposed to be two different items.

.Smoked Haddock Fishcake with Pea Guacamole

Heh... Fish cakes with mushy peas! How English can you get?

Bob

Oh, but "pea guacamole" sounds ever so much more elegant than "mushy peas!"

Felice

My husband and I got a big kick out of that one ;o}
Janet US