Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Lamb "Nachos"

On 2011-04-26, Ranée at Arabian Knits > wrote:

I understand that lamb, for you, is a native dish. My question is,
how much do you pay for it. Where I live, lamb is so far out of my
price range, I might as well eat lobster, Kobe beef, and caviar. Do
you jes budget for it and bite the bullet (no socioeconomic political
implications intended) or do you have some other secret that allows
you to afford a leg of lamb more once every 10 yrs. The next time I
eat lamb it'll be for the silver anniversary of my divorce and I'll
rent a tux!

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2011-04-26, Ranée at Arabian Knits > wrote:

> $2.50-$3.00 a pound. Where we used to live, we had a similar set up and
> knew people who raised sheep, so we'd get ours from them. One year, a
> friend's son sold us one of his 4-H lambs for the cost of the butchering
> - his sheep had twins and he just wanted to get rid of it. That cost us
> only $175 for the whole thing. I don't think we'll see that again.

IOW, jes plain ol' good shopping.

I wonder if there's a hunting season on lambs.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2011-04-26, Christine Dabney > wrote:

> you can get lamb reasonably.

Not locally. This beef country. I've found a local supplier for goat
meat but no sheepers.

You might have to do what Ranee does,
> and get a whole lamb, or maybe a partial one..

I'll do if I can find it. Probably over on the Eastern plains. More
grass, there.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 26, 6:32*pm, notbob > wrote:
> On 2011-04-26, Christine Dabney > wrote:
>
> > you can get lamb reasonably. * *

> Not locally. *This beef country. *I've found a local supplier for goat
> meat but no sheepers.
>
> You might have to do what Ranee does,
>
> > and get a whole lamb, or maybe a partial one.. * *

> I'll do if I can find it. *Probably over on the Eastern plains. *More
> grass, there. *
>
> nb

At the supermarket, well trimmed (frenched) rack of lamb: $15.95 per
lb. No thanks.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 26 Apr 2011 22:32:24 GMT, notbob > wrote:

> On 2011-04-26, Christine Dabney > wrote:
>
> > you can get lamb reasonably.

> Not locally. This beef country. I've found a local supplier for goat
> meat but no sheepers.
>
> You might have to do what Ranee does,
> > and get a whole lamb, or maybe a partial one..

> I'll do if I can find it. Probably over on the Eastern plains. More
> grass, there.

Surely a pound of lamburger wouldn't cost you an arm and a leg.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.

What is "Lamb neck"? Todd Diabetic 19 24-06-2013 06:56 AM
"Denver cut" lamb ribs Zz Yzx Barbecue 2 26-05-2012 05:22 PM
Trader Joe's "Burgundy Pepper Boneless Lamb Leg" Theron General Cooking 0 03-01-2009 08:55 PM
FDA says "no" in Tomato connection to reduced cancer risk: From "Sham vs. Wham: The Health Insider" D. Vegan 0 11-07-2007 05:29 PM