FoodBanter.com

-   -   "Bankrupt" California: OK for illegals to use welfare checks tobuy cigarettes and alcohol (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/406902-re-bankrupt-california-ok.html)

walt tonne 24-04-2011 06:59 PM

"Bankrupt" California: OK for illegals to use welfare checks tobuy cigarettes and alcohol

On Apr 23, 11:41*pm, "GeorgeWashingtonFan"
> [...]
> * the slaughter.
> * -- George Washington
>
> * When governments fear the people there is liberty.
> * When the people fear the government there is tyranny.
> * -- Thomas Jefferson
>
> * Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... Disarm only
> * those who are neither inclined nor determined to
> * commit crimes.
> * -- Thomas Jefferson
>
> * Oppressors can tyrannize only when they achieve a
> * *standing army, an enslaved press, and a disarmed
> * *populace.
> * * -- James Madison
>
> * If the representatives of the people betray
> * their constituents, there is then no resource
> * left but in the exertion of that original
> * right of self-defense which is paramount to
> * all positive forms of government ... The
> * citizens must rush tumultuously to arms,
> * without concert, without system, without
> * resource; except in their courage and despair
> * ... The natural strength of the people in a
> * large community, in proportion to the artificial
> * strength of the government, is greater than in a
> * small ... the people, without exaggeration, may
> * be said to be entirely the masters of their own fate.
> * -- Alexander Hamilton
>
> * All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people
> * of good conscience to remain silent.
> * -- Thomas Jefferson
>
> * Every government degenerates when trusted to the
> * rulers of the people alone. The people themselves
> * are its only safe depositories.
> * -- Thomas Jefferson
>
> * As our enemies have found we can reason like men,
> * so now let us show them we can fight like men also.
> * -- Thomas Jefferson
>
> * Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act!
> * Action will delineate and define you.
> * -- Thomas Jefferson
>
> * Merchants have no country. The mere spot they
> * stand on does not constitute so strong an
> * attachment as that from which they draw their gains.
> * -- Thomas Jefferson
>
> * I hope we shall crush in its birth the aristocracy
> * of our monied corporations which dare already to
> * challenge our government to a trial by strength,
> * and bid defiance to the laws of our country.
> * -- Thomas Jefferson
>
> * I believe that banking institutions are more
> * dangerous to our liberties than standing armies.
> * -- Thomas Jefferson
>
> * Experience hath shewn, that even under the best
> * forms of government those entrusted with power
> * have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted
> * it into tyranny.
> * -- Thomas Jefferson
>
> * A Founding Father speaks out on what's nowadays
> * called "political correctness":
>
> * Do not suffer yourselves to be wheeled out of
> * your liberty to publish by any pretenses of
> * politeness, delicacy or decency. These, as they
> * are so often used, are but three different names
> * for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice.

Remove the pestilance of illegal aliens from America.

http://www.theoccidentalobserver.net/ The Occidental Observer

Billy[_8_] 04-05-2011 01:45 AM

"Bankrupt" California: OK for illegals to use welfare checks to buy cigarettes and alcohol

In article
>,
walt (The Racist) tonne > wrote:
many nutty things, but remember he is a dirty little racist, probably an
anti-Papist as well as an anti-semite, and thinks that the government
should be able to tell you what you can, and cannot do with your body.
--

"THEY CAME FIRST for the Communists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.

THEN THEY CAME for the Jews,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.

THEN THEY CAME for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.

THEN THEY CAME for the Catholics,
and I didn¹t speak up because I was a Protestant.

THEN THEY CAME for me
and by that time no one was left to speak up."

Pastor Martin Niemöller (1892*1984), January 6, 1946 speech before
representatives of the Confessing Church in Frankfurt
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_they_came...
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Martin_Niemöller

> [...]
> > * -- Thomas Jefferson
> >
> > * I believe that banking institutions are more
> > * dangerous to our liberties than standing armies.
> > * -- Thomas Jefferson
> >
> > * Experience hath shewn, that even under the best
> > * forms of government those entrusted with power
> > * have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted
> > * it into tyranny.
> > * -- Thomas Jefferson
> >
> > * A Founding Father speaks out on what's nowadays
> > * called "political correctness":
> >
> > * Do not suffer yourselves to be wheeled out of
> > * your liberty to publish by any pretenses of
> > * politeness, delicacy or decency. These, as they
> > * are so often used, are but three different names
> > * for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice.
> > * --John Adams
> >
> > --

> Remove the pestilance of illegal aliens from America.

- Billy

Bush's 3rd term: Obama plus another elective war
Bush's 4th term: another Judas goat

America is not broke. The country is awash in wealth and cash.
It's just that it's not in your hands. It has been transferred, in the
greatest heist in history, from the workers and consumers to the banks
and the portfolios of the uber-rich.
<http://theuptake.org/2011/03/05/michael-moore-the-big-lie-wisconsin-is-broke/>

Christopher Helms 04-05-2011 02:15 AM

On Apr 24, 12:59*pm, walt tonne > wrote:
> On Apr 23, 11:41*pm, "GeorgeWashingtonFan"
>

> > wrote:
> > Welfare checks can be used to buy alcohol and cigarettes in California

> > * * *"Senator Dutton also explained that more
> > * * * than half of welfare beneficiaries are
> > * * * parents who are no longer eligible for
> > * * * state aid, but still receive cash assistance
> > * * * on behalf of their anchor baby children."

> > By Kimberly Dvorak
> > San Diego County Political Buzz Examiner
> > April 19th, 2011

> > On a straight party-line vote California lawmakers gave the green light
> > for welfare recipients to purchase alcohol and tobacco products using
> > taxpayer money. The insanity in the Golden State continues despite the
> > state’s $23 billion deficit and double-digit unemployment.

Tobacco and booze sales generate huge amounts of revenue for the
state. Since right wingers demand trillions in government handouts for
their beloved millionaires and corporations but scream like banchees
at any suggestion that their welfare has to be paid for, governments
have to figure out other ways to raise revenues.

dos-i-meter 04-05-2011 02:25 AM

Christopher Helms wrote:
> On Apr 24, 12:59 pm, walt > wrote:
>> On Apr 23, 11:41 pm, "GeorgeWashingtonFan"
>>

>> > wrote:
>>> Welfare checks can be used to buy alcohol and cigarettes in California

>>> "Senator Dutton also explained that more
>>> than half of welfare beneficiaries are
>>> parents who are no longer eligible for
>>> state aid, but still receive cash assistance
>>> on behalf of their anchor baby children."

>>> By Kimberly Dvorak
>>> San Diego County Political Buzz Examiner
>>> April 19th, 2011

>>> On a straight party-line vote California lawmakers gave the green light
>>> for welfare recipients to purchase alcohol and tobacco products using
>>> taxpayer money. The insanity in the Golden State continues despite the
>>> state’s $23 billion deficit and double-digit unemployment.

> Tobacco and booze sales generate huge amounts of revenue for the
> state. Since right wingers demand trillions

what do liberals demand, lower taxes? no.

less government? no.

less entitlements? no.

and so it goes.

Yer Pal Al 04-05-2011 09:32 PM

On May 3, 6:15*pm, Christopher Helms > wrote:
> On Apr 24, 12:59*pm, walt tonne > wrote:
>

> > On Apr 23, 11:41*pm, "GeorgeWashingtonFan"

> > > wrote:
> > > Welfare checks can be used to buy alcohol and cigarettes in California

> > > * * *"Senator Dutton also explained that more
> > > * * * than half of welfare beneficiaries are
> > > * * * parents who are no longer eligible for
> > > * * * state aid, but still receive cash assistance
> > > * * * on behalf of their anchor baby children."

> > > By Kimberly Dvorak
> > > San Diego County Political Buzz Examiner
> > > April 19th, 2011

> > > On a straight party-line vote California lawmakers gave the green light
> > > for welfare recipients to purchase alcohol and tobacco products using
> > > taxpayer money. The insanity in the Golden State continues despite the
> > > state’s $23 billion deficit and double-digit unemployment.

> Tobacco and booze sales generate huge amounts of revenue for the
> state. Since right wingers demand trillions in government handouts for
> their beloved millionaires and corporations but scream like banchees
> at any suggestion that their welfare has to be paid for, governments
> have to figure out other ways to raise revenues.

That's the way liberals think - They can bolster the economy by
printing money and having the poor buy heavily taxed merchandise.

In their world, the snake will disappear when it tries to swallow its
tail.

D.A. Tsenuf 10-05-2011 03:24 PM

#
# That's the way liberals think - They can bolster the economy by
# printing money and having the poor buy heavily taxed merchandise.
#
# In their world, the snake will disappear when it tries to swallow its
# tail.

I'm currently reading a book called "When Money Dies" by Adam Ferguson
It's about how the Germans and others "printed" their currencies to death in
the 1920-30s.
The book has are lesson to be learned, which our current politicians have
either never learned or are ignoring.

moronsbegone 12-05-2011 04:34 PM

"Bankrupt" California: OK for illegals to use welfare checks to buy cigarettes and alcohol

WA WA WA WA Calif is broke because the morons that live there
voted to control everything, taxed businesses out of the state
and communised a free country into a puritanicle, fashist
entitlement minded smoke free steril commune, no producers =
no free stuff, Duhhhhh, did'nt the hippies teach you that on
Haight street in the 1960's? Tax CO2? make me lauph I just
fart come get me IRS and don't forget my dog farts too.
California is broke because they deserve to be broke, they
voted to be broke they begged for their poverty through
politicle correct green peace scams that rape the producers of
their profit and drove them off the state, you got what you
deserve, NOTHING!!! Now take your layoff like a man and
shutup, if the EBT card declines I will really be happy!!!
Oh but hey!! We're smoke/pollution free and burn no gas, we
are doing the right thing aren't we? or are we? Hummmmmm?
Cave man didn't burn much fuel but I sure wouldn't want
anything to do with that way of life. It's hot in here I think
I'll turn up the AC with my Illeagle homemade tax free freon
in it that I home brew myself [woooooops].

--
May You reep the poverrty You have Voted for.

Christopher Helms 12-05-2011 09:08 PM

On May 4, 3:32*pm, Yer Pal Al > wrote:
> On May 3, 6:15*pm, Christopher Helms > wrote:
>

> > On Apr 24, 12:59*pm, walt tonne > wrote:

> > > On Apr 23, 11:41*pm, "GeorgeWashingtonFan"

> > Tobacco and booze sales generate huge amounts of revenue for the
> > state. Since right wingers demand trillions in government handouts for
> > their beloved millionaires and corporations but scream like banchees
> > at any suggestion that their welfare has to be paid for, governments
> > have to figure out other ways to raise revenues.

> That's the way liberals think - They can bolster the economy by
> printing money and having the poor buy heavily taxed merchandise.
>
> In their world, the snake will disappear when it tries to swallow its
> tail.

As opposed to your world, where everybody will be happy and prosperous
if we just slash Rush Limbaugh's taxes one more time. At least in my
world, money is going to people who almost have to spend it instead of
to people who will "invest" it by hiding it down in the Caymens or
behind some other tax dodge.

Benny Hill 12-05-2011 09:45 PM

You're a nutcase, **** off and leave.

Billy[_8_] 21-05-2011 01:57 AM

"Bankrupt" California: OK for illegals to use welfare checks to buy cigarettes and alcohol

In article >, B(u/e)nny Hill >
wrote:

> Christopher Helms wrote:
> > At least in my world,

> You're a nutcase, **** off and leave.

Another information free post.

The U.S. isn't broke because of public employees, its broke because we
spend all our money on rich oil companies, pointless wars, and
subsidizing Wall Street. That's where your money went.

B(u/e)nny Hill, a.k.a. ******-Boy, the capitalist's sock-puppet, will
talk about anything, but the corporate coup d'etat taking place in
America now. S/he ignores facts that differ from his/her own seditious
agenda, which supports Wall Street investment banks, environmental
polluters, pointless & endless wars, and the Bush/Obama administration.
--
- Billy

Mad dog Republicans to the right. Democratic spider webs to the left. True conservatives, and liberals not to be found anywhere in the phantasmagoria
of the American political landscape.