Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Zucchini and Apple Bread recipe

I don't know why "Big Daddy" isn't in a better position on the Food
Network lineup. That guy is a really good cook! I haven't seen him
very often, but every time I do - he cooks something that makes me
salivate. Today, he made the biggest honking pork chops I've ever
seen (they were as big as t-bone steaks), but the zucchini bread is a
*must do* for me. Must do it today in fact, and what the heck - I'll
make pork chops for dinner too.

Zucchini and Apple Bread
<http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/aaron-mccargo-jr/zucchini-and-apple-bread-recipe/index.html>
Recipe courtesy Aaron McCargo Jr.

Prep Time: 15 min Cook Time: 1 hr 0 min Level: Easy

2 loaves

Ingredients

Nonstick spray
1 cup finely grated zucchini (about 1 zucchini)
1 cup grated green apple, peeled and cored (about 1 apple)
1 1/4 cups packed light brown sugar
1 cup canola oil
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups plus 1/2 teaspoon all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts

Directions

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Coat 2 (4 1/2 by 8 1/2-inch) loaf
pans with nonstick spray. Line the pans with parchment paper and
spray the paper.

Combine the zucchini, apple, brown sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla
extract in a large bowl and stir to combine. Add 3 cups flour, salt,
baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg to the bowl and mix
well. Toss the nuts with the remaining1/2 teaspoon flour to coat and
prevent them from sinking. Gently stir in the nuts and the extract.

Divide the batter between the 2 loaf pans. Bake until a toothpick or
skewer inserted in the middle of each loaf comes out clean, 50 minutes
to 1 hour. Remove the bread from the pans and cool on a wire rack.