Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Weird Martinis

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message
m...
> On 12/04/2011 4:01 PM, Portland wrote:
>> On a food show out of Toronto; Sun TV, they made a Kaluha and Vodka
>> Martini. How is that a martini. A martini used to be a specific
>> drink. Gin, dry Vermouth and an olive. Shaken not stirred. LOL.

> Isn't that a Black Russian?
> We have discussed this here previously. Some people are under the
> impression than anything served in a martini glass is a martini.

LOLOL So true! Kaluha and vodka *is* a Black Russian. Doesn't matter what
glass you serve it in, that's what it is. Add cream and you have a White
Russian. They're very tasty, but they aren't martini's

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Apr 12, 3:12*pm, "jmcquown" > wrote:

> LOLOL *So true! *Kaluha and vodka *is* a Black Russian. *Doesn't matter what
> glass you serve it in, that's what it is. *Add cream and you have a White
> Russian. *They're very tasty, but they aren't martini's
>
> Jill

Worst hangover I ever had was playing bridge and drinking White
Russians. They are vert tasty and they will break your face.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/04/2011 7:31 PM, ImStillMags wrote:
> On Apr 12, 3:12 pm, > wrote:
>>
>> LOLOL So true! Kaluha and vodka *is* a Black Russian. Doesn't matter what
>> glass you serve it in, that's what it is. Add cream and you have a White
>> Russian. They're very tasty, but they aren't martini's
>>
>> Jill

> Worst hangover I ever had was playing bridge and drinking White
> Russians. They are vert tasty and they will break your face.

Mine was from Southern Comfort, a bottle of it consumed in a little more
than an hour on a hot summer day. It is not a thirst quencher, and it's
a bitch when you can't hold down water.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/04/2011 7:31 PM, ImStillMags wrote:

> Worst hangover I ever had was playing bridge and drinking White
> Russians. They are vert tasty and they will break your face.

I read that as "playing bridge and drinking with Russians".

Will break your face --check. Haven't heard about the tasty part.

S.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/12/2011 6:31 PM, ImStillMags wrote:
> On Apr 12, 3:12 pm, > wrote:
>>
>> LOLOL So true! Kaluha and vodka *is* a Black Russian. Doesn't matter what
>> glass you serve it in, that's what it is. Add cream and you have a White
>> Russian. They're very tasty, but they aren't martini's
>>
>> Jill

> Worst hangover I ever had was playing bridge and drinking White
> Russians. They are vert tasty and they will break your face.

When I was a single mom with very little in the "amusement" column of
the budget, I would drink black Russians. They hold on to their flavor
for a long time even with melting ice cubes. It's a good drink to nurse.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 13 Apr 2011 20:58:40 -0500, Omelet >
wrote:

> White Russians are as evil as Grasshoppers or Bailey's!\

Worse!

> My favorite cocktails are (or were) Margaritas or Pina Coladas.

You've never had a mojito (original style)?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 14 Apr 2011 12:39:58 -0500, Omelet >
wrote:

> It'll be a long while tho' (if ever) that I give it a try. :-p
> I've not touch alcohol now since March 5th.

It's a nice summer drink. July 4th is right around the corner, maybe
you can try one then.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 14 Apr 2011 13:48:21 -0500, Omelet >
wrote:

> In article >,
> sf > wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 14 Apr 2011 12:39:58 -0500, Omelet >
> > wrote:
> >
> > > It'll be a long while tho' (if ever) that I give it a try. :-p
> > > I've not touch alcohol now since March 5th.

> > It's a nice summer drink. July 4th is right around the corner, maybe
> > you can try one then.

> I'll have to see how I feel about it at that point. :-) If you are
> curious as to why I quit drinking this time and am considering making it
> permanent, you can e-mail me for the gory details...

I don't need to know and the permanence (or not) is up to you. To me
it's like smoking. You harm yourself if you do it, but look at all
the money you're saving by not doing it.