Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

Default Disgusting foods.

CNN has given an assignment to a reporter to do "The most disgusting
foods in the world". It points to a longstanding problem with
terminology for the category.

TV host Andrew Zimmern, who sets the gold standard for adventurous
global eating, goes with "bizarre." Others opt for "oddity," "exotic,"
or the often euphemistically-employed "delicacy" to describe highly-
localized, often animal derived (though there's always natto),
sometimes fetal, fermented or pungent or deliberately rotted or maggot
infested...

Okay, some of it is pretty gnarly, but if we're gonna go with the word
"disgusting," I would choose to eat the aforementioned natto (gooey,
fermented soybeans), savory haggis (spiced sheep heart, liver and
lungs mixed with oatmeal and cooked in the animal's stomach), blood
pudding, head cheese, any permutation of animal or bird foot or
innards before I'd even think of jamming down any permutation of
Pocket, frozen diet dinner brick or Hungry Girl-sanctioned cheese
replacement.

It may sound, well, disgusting, but at least when I'm chowing down on
a cow brain, I know exactly what I'm putting in my mouth.

soooooooooooooooooo what do you think are the most disgusting foods
in the world????

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 12, 12:50*pm, ImStillMags > wrote:

> soooooooooooooooooo * *what do you think are the most disgusting foods
> in the world????

Pretty much any thing Andy has for breakfast.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

ImStillMags > wrote:
> CNN has given an assignment to a reporter to do "The most disgusting
> foods in the world". It points to a longstanding problem with
> terminology for the category.
>
> TV host Andrew Zimmern, who sets the gold standard for adventurous
> global eating, goes with "bizarre." Others opt for "oddity," "exotic,"
> or the often euphemistically-employed "delicacy" to describe highly-
> localized, often animal derived (though there's always natto),
> sometimes fetal, fermented or pungent or deliberately rotted or maggot
> infested...
>
> Okay, some of it is pretty gnarly, but if we're gonna go with the word
> "disgusting," I would choose to eat the aforementioned natto (gooey,
> fermented soybeans), savory haggis (spiced sheep heart, liver and
> lungs mixed with oatmeal and cooked in the animal's stomach), blood
> pudding, head cheese, any permutation of animal or bird foot or
> innards before I'd even think of jamming down any permutation of
> Pocket, frozen diet dinner brick or Hungry Girl-sanctioned cheese
> replacement.
>
> It may sound, well, disgusting, but at least when I'm chowing down on
> a cow brain, I know exactly what I'm putting in my mouth.
>

> soooooooooooooooooo what do you think are the most disgusting foods
> in the world????

Ball park hotdogs, all varieties. They are absolutely disgusting.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 12, 3:50 pm, ImStillMags > wrote:

> Okay, some of it is pretty gnarly, but if we're gonna go with the word
> "disgusting," I would choose to eat the aforementioned natto (gooey,
> fermented soybeans), savory haggis (spiced sheep heart, liver and
> lungs mixed with oatmeal and cooked in the animal's stomach), blood
> pudding, head cheese, any permutation of animal or bird foot or
> innards before I'd even think of jamming down any permutation of
> Pocket, frozen diet dinner brick or Hungry Girl-sanctioned cheese
> replacement.

Well, I sure hope there's no such thing as *sweet* haggis!

Disgusting? I *like* good haggis, good blood pudding, good head
cheese. Nothing disgusting about them when prepared well.

> soooooooooooooooooo what do you think are the most disgusting foods
> in the world????

Harkarl. Trust me on this.

--
Silvar Beitel
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 12, 5:54 pm, I wrote:

> Harkarl. Trust me on this.

Sorry. It's hákarl.

from Wikipedia:

"... has a very particular ammonia-rich smell and fishy taste, similar
to very strong cheese slathered in ammonia."

But if you scarf down enough Brennivín, you won't notice. Actually,
you'll notice, but you won't care :-)

--
Silvar Beitel

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2011-04-12, Dave Smith > wrote:

> I would venture that there is no cow shit on beef. They may be pretty
> well covered with crap when they go into the slaughterhouse but that is
> on the outside, on the skin, and that all gets pulled off before the
> carcass is butchered.

And no cow crap comes outta the intestines after the cow has been
skinned? You've obviously spent no time in a food processeing plant
of any sort. They are filthy rotting places and millions is spent
sanitizing them. Where do you think e coli comes from? The tooth
fairy? It is most commonly found in the lower intestines of animals.
Read S-H-I-T! Get a clue.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 12, 3:30*pm, Andy > wrote:
> ImStillMags > wrote:
> > CNN has given an assignment to a reporter to do *"The most disgusting
> > foods in the world". *It points to a longstanding problem with
> > terminology for the category.

> > TV host Andrew Zimmern, who sets the gold standard for adventurous
> > global eating, goes with "bizarre." Others opt for "oddity," "exotic,"
> > or the often euphemistically-employed "delicacy" to describe highly-
> > localized, often animal derived (though there's always natto),
> > sometimes fetal, fermented or pungent or deliberately rotted or maggot
> > infested...

> > Okay, some of it is pretty gnarly, but if we're gonna go with the word
> > "disgusting," I would choose to eat the aforementioned natto (gooey,
> > fermented soybeans), savory haggis (spiced sheep heart, liver and
> > lungs mixed with oatmeal and cooked in the animal's stomach), blood
> > pudding, head cheese, any permutation of animal or bird foot or
> > innards before I'd even think of jamming down any permutation of
> > Pocket, frozen diet dinner brick or Hungry Girl-sanctioned cheese
> > replacement.

> > It may sound, well, disgusting, but at least when I'm chowing down on
> > a cow brain, I know exactly what I'm putting in my mouth.

> > soooooooooooooooooo * *what do you think are the most disgusting foods
> > in the world????

> ImStillMags ,
>
> As kids we had Buttons the beagle!
>
> I couldn't understand his eagerness for Milk Bones, so I ate one!
>
> THAT was disgusting food!!!
>
> Best,
>
> Andy

Didn't you have a milk bone and a Bud lite for breakfast last week?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 12, 3:50*pm, ImStillMags > wrote:

> soooooooooooooooooo * *what do you think are the most disgusting foods
> in the world????

Krispy Kreme donuts. I don't even like the NAME.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/04/2011 6:47 PM, Kalmia wrote:
> On Apr 12, 3:50 pm, > wrote:
>
>> soooooooooooooooooo what do you think are the most disgusting foods
>> in the world????

> Krispy Kreme donuts. I don't even like the NAME.

I have only had a couple of them and they were neither crispy or creamy.
They were disgustingly sweet.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/12/2011 3:50 PM, ImStillMags wrote:

> CNN has given an assignment to a reporter to do "The most disgusting
> foods in the world". It points to a longstanding problem with
> terminology for the category.
>
> TV host Andrew Zimmern, who sets the gold standard for adventurous
> global eating, goes with "bizarre." Others opt for "oddity," "exotic,"
> or the often euphemistically-employed "delicacy" to describe highly-
> localized, often animal derived (though there's always natto),
> sometimes fetal, fermented or pungent or deliberately rotted or maggot
> infested...
>
> Okay, some of it is pretty gnarly, but if we're gonna go with the word
> "disgusting," I would choose to eat the aforementioned natto (gooey,
> fermented soybeans), savory haggis (spiced sheep heart, liver and
> lungs mixed with oatmeal and cooked in the animal's stomach), blood
> pudding, head cheese, any permutation of animal or bird foot or
> innards before I'd even think of jamming down any permutation of
> Pocket, frozen diet dinner brick or Hungry Girl-sanctioned cheese
> replacement.
>
> It may sound, well, disgusting, but at least when I'm chowing down on
> a cow brain, I know exactly what I'm putting in my mouth.

So the question is about foods with an exotic name but are really
disgusting ingredients? Because my first thoughts were anything slimy
like okra, brain, liver, mushrooms, but these are all foods some people
like.

> soooooooooooooooooo what do you think are the most disgusting foods
> in the world????

Anything still alive. Or with fungus or mold in it deliberately.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 12 Apr 2011 12:50:43 -0700 (PDT) in rec.food.cooking,
ImStillMags > wrote,
>It may sound, well, disgusting, but at least when I'm chowing down on
>a cow brain, I know exactly what I'm putting in my mouth.

You don't know whether you are getting prions or not.
Sorry, I have eaten cow brain, but never again.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet > wrote in newsmpomelet-CC9CA2.19550412042011
@news.giganews.com:

> In article
> >,
> ImStillMags > wrote:

>> soooooooooooooooooo what do you think are the most disgusting foods
>> in the world????

> Casu marzu or any other food that contains live maggots when consumed.
> <shudder>

As one who has eaten 2 week old roadkill (kangaroo) that was covered in
maggots (they're OK when boiled/cooked)....... I *do* draw the line at
brains, tongue etc.

I'd rather starve than eat them.

Another thing I tried that I will never try again, is "1,000 year old eggs".

--
Peter Lucas
Hobart

Nothing ever truely dies
the Universe wastes nothing
everything is simply... transformed
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" > wrote in message >
> ImStillMags ,
>
> As kids we had Buttons the beagle!
>
> I couldn't understand his eagerness for Milk Bones, so I ate one!
>
> THAT was disgusting food!!!
>
> Best,
>
> Andy

We had a neighbor kid who ate Little Doggie Donuts and Snausages and said
they were good. He also made sandwiches of worms or slugs (whatever he
could find that day) with plain white bread.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Mark Thorson" > wrote in message
> jmcquown wrote:
>>
>> I don't know about that show but I had Southern Living cookbook (circa
>> 1979) - lime Jell-O (bad enough) with a can of tuna added to it. Oh
>> gawd...
>> gag.

> This wasn't the April issue, was it?

It's online somewhere. I could see tuna with lemon Jell-O, maybe. Just
maybe. But lime?

My mom used to make a salad with a layer of lime Jell-O with pineapple or
pears in it. Then the top layer had either cottage cheese or cream cheese
mixed with lemon Jell-O. I really liked it but preferred the cottage to the
cream cheese.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> I don't know about that show but I had Southern Living cookbook (circa
> 1979) - lime Jell-O (bad enough) with a can of tuna added to it. Oh gawd...
> gag.

This wasn't the April issue, was it?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/04/2011 10:31 PM, Cheryl wrote:

> But are raw oysters still alive?

Yes
Posted to rec.food.cooking

atec77 > wrote in :

> On 13/04/2011 11:08 AM, I'm back. wrote:
>> > wrote in
>> newsmpomelet-CC9CA2.19550412042011 @news.giganews.com:
>>
>>> In article

>>> Casu marzu or any other food that contains live maggots when consumed.
>>> <shudder>

>> As one who has eaten 2 week old roadkill (kangaroo) that was covered in
>> maggots (they're OK when boiled/cooked)....... I *do* draw the line at
>> brains, tongue etc.
>>
>> I'd rather starve than eat them.
>>

>> Another thing I tried that I will never try again, is "1,000 year old
>> eggs".
>>

> Haggis ?
> I kinda like it

Something I haven't had the opportunity to try..... as yet.

--
Peter Lucas
Hobart
Tasmania

Nothing ever truely dies
the Universe wastes nothing
everything is simply... transformed
Posted to rec.food.cooking

atec77 > wrote in :

>>> Haggis ?
>>> I kinda like it
>>>

>> Something I haven't had the opportunity to try..... as yet.
>>

> Better than old dead Red

Out in the middle of Little Sandy Desert, on a survival ex, we didn't have
any access to Haggis :-)

You start the ex naked, with a knife, and some hutchie cord.

Wearing 'clothes' made out of road kill kangaroo hide..... well, lets just
say you get used to the smell pretty quick :-)

--
Peter Lucas
Hobart
Tasmania

Nothing ever truely dies
the Universe wastes nothing
everything is simply... transformed
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Marty wrote:

>>> That Kopi Luwak coffee, aka money excrement, sounds pretty damn
>>> disgusting.

>> I really liked the typo in your first sentence. LOL

> Hah! Caught me.
>
> I suppose that could be a term for interest on money but I don't think it
> will catch on with the banks.

Years ago when Ruth Westheimer's call-in show was all over the radio, I
remember listening to one caller (from Georgia) asking about "annual sex".
Doctor Ruth figured out that the caller was asking about anal sex, and gave
her the appropriate advice. But it made me think: What must that woman have
thought when she was watching TV and saw the ads which promised that
interest on car loans would be compounded ANNUALLY?

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bob Terwilliger" > wrote in message
.com...

>>> I really liked the typo in your first sentence. LOL

>> Hah! Caught me.
>>
>> I suppose that could be a term for interest on money but I don't think it
>> will catch on with the banks.

> Years ago when Ruth Westheimer's call-in show was all over the radio, I
> remember listening to one caller (from Georgia) asking about "annual sex".
> Doctor Ruth figured out that the caller was asking about anal sex, and
> gave her the appropriate advice. But it made me think: What must that
> woman have thought when she was watching TV and saw the ads which promised
> that interest on car loans would be compounded ANNUALLY?

Heh! I loved that show. My favorite was when she was talking about playing
ring toss using onion rings and the male's erect member. I believe David
Lee Roth was the guest that day, but I could be wrong about that.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Mark Thorson" > wrote in message
> jmcquown wrote:
>>
>> I don't know about that show but I had Southern Living cookbook (circa
>> 1979) - lime Jell-O (bad enough) with a can of tuna added to it. Oh
>> gawd...
>> gag.

> This wasn't the April issue, was it?

It wasn't any "issue"; it was Southern Living a cookbook published in 1979.
I bought a whole set of them at a used book store for about a dollar each.
The photos and recipes are amusing, to say the least

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 12, 3:50*pm, ImStillMags > wrote:
> CNN has given an assignment to a reporter to do *"The most disgusting
> foods in the world". *It points to a longstanding problem with
> terminology for the category.
>
> TV host Andrew Zimmern, who sets the gold standard for adventurous
> global eating, goes with "bizarre." Others opt for "oddity," "exotic,"
> or the often euphemistically-employed "delicacy" to describe highly-
> localized, often animal derived (though there's always natto),
> sometimes fetal, fermented or pungent or deliberately rotted or maggot
> infested...
>
> Okay, some of it is pretty gnarly, but if we're gonna go with the word
> "disgusting," I would choose to eat the aforementioned natto (gooey,
> fermented soybeans), savory haggis (spiced sheep heart, liver and
> lungs mixed with oatmeal and cooked in the animal's stomach), blood
> pudding, head cheese, any permutation of animal or bird foot or
> innards before I'd even think of jamming down any permutation of
> Pocket, frozen diet dinner brick or Hungry Girl-sanctioned cheese
> replacement.
>
> It may sound, well, disgusting, but at least when I'm chowing down on
> a cow brain, I know exactly what I'm putting in my mouth.
>
> soooooooooooooooooo * *what do you think are the most disgusting foods
> in the world????

Some people think it disgusting, I don't know why, but I like nice fat
mice caught in my mouse trap. They are so tasty.
Here's a poem on mouse eatery:
{
A woman prepared a mouse for her husband's dinner,
roasting it with a blueberry in its mouth.

At table he uses a dentist's pick and a surgeon's scalpel,
bending over the tiny roastling with a jeweler's loupe . . .

Twenty years of this: curried mouse, garlic and butter
mouse, mouse sauteed in its own fur, Salisbury mouse,
mouse-in-the-trap, baked in the very trap that killed it,
mouse tartare, mouse poached in menstrual blood at the full
of the moon . . .

Twenty years of this, eating their way through the
mice . . . And yet, not to forget, each night, one less vermin
in the world . . .
}
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 12 Apr 2011 22:57:26 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 12/04/2011 10:31 PM, Cheryl wrote:
>

>> But are raw oysters still alive?

>Yes

Not once the abductor muscle is severed to open them.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 13 Apr 2011 02:49:13 +0100, Janet > wrote:

> Hey, I love raw oysters.... and blue cheeses.
>
> Janet

I'll have to try them that way! In all my life, I've never heard of
that way of eating them!

Thanks!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

ImStillMags wrote:

> soooooooooooooooooo what do you think are the most disgusting foods
> in the world????

Lutefisk.

zero, and remove the last word.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 14 Apr 2011 01:22:56 +0100, Janet > wrote:

>In article >,
says...

>> On Wed, 13 Apr 2011 02:49:13 +0100, Janet > wrote:
>>
>> > Hey, I love raw oysters.... and blue cheeses.
>> >
>> > Janet

>> I'll have to try them that way! In all my life, I've never heard of
>> that way of eating them!
>>
>> Thanks!

> Uh, I didn't mean together.. but I'm sure you knew that.
> We sometimes go to an oyster bar which serves very good oysters
>sprinkled with cheese then baked(but it's not blue cheese)
>
> Janet UK

Ha! The jokes on me! I did think you meant eating them together.

I was gonna try it! (I still might...)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 12, 9:50*am, ImStillMags > wrote:
> CNN has given an assignment to a reporter to do *"The most disgusting
> foods in the world". *It points to a longstanding problem with
> terminology for the category.
>
> TV host Andrew Zimmern, who sets the gold standard for adventurous
> global eating, goes with "bizarre." Others opt for "oddity," "exotic,"
> or the often euphemistically-employed "delicacy" to describe highly-
> localized, often animal derived (though there's always natto),
> sometimes fetal, fermented or pungent or deliberately rotted or maggot
> infested...
>
> Okay, some of it is pretty gnarly, but if we're gonna go with the word
> "disgusting," I would choose to eat the aforementioned natto (gooey,
> fermented soybeans), savory haggis (spiced sheep heart, liver and
> lungs mixed with oatmeal and cooked in the animal's stomach), blood
> pudding, head cheese, any permutation of animal or bird foot or
> innards before I'd even think of jamming down any permutation of
> Pocket, frozen diet dinner brick or Hungry Girl-sanctioned cheese
> replacement.
>
> It may sound, well, disgusting, but at least when I'm chowing down on
> a cow brain, I know exactly what I'm putting in my mouth.
>
> soooooooooooooooooo * *what do you think are the most disgusting foods
> in the world????

The McDonalds here has a regional item called "taro pie." This looks
like a standard issue McDonalds apple pie except that it's filled with
a viscus gray/purple goo. As an added bonus, there's a few chunks of
purple taro root floating in the goo. My guess is that most people
would find it disgusting. I just find it goofy.

I haven't got the nerve to bite into one yet. My guess is that I could
be swayed if we got struck by a giant tsunami and everybody was killed
and I wanted to end it all by eating myself to death and it was a
choice between that and soggy crispy cream donuts.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Apr 13, 4:14*pm, "Tom Del Rosso" > wrote:
> ImStillMags wrote:
>
> > soooooooooooooooooo * *what do you think are the most disgusting foods
> > in the world????

> Lutefisk.

OK.....I definitely agree on that one.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Lamb... Baaaaaad!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 14/04/2011 11:06 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> Lamb... Baaaaaad!

I love lamb. I would rather have leg of lamb than prime rib, or lamb
chops than beef steak.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 14/04/2011 1:46 PM, Mark Thorson wrote:
> Dave Smith wrote:
>>
>> On 14/04/2011 11:06 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>>> Lamb... Baaaaaad!

>> I love lamb. I would rather have leg of lamb than prime rib, or lamb
>> chops than beef steak.

> Yes, lamb is good. I think I had mutton once.
> It was little bits of meat roasted on a skewer.
> Incredibly packed with flavor. I wish I could
> get it again.
>
> I once considered buying an old sheep some friends
> owned. I could have had it butchered by the Mexicans
> that lived next door. As it turned out, the sheep
> was later given to the Mexicans, who ate it. I've
> often wondered if I'd just bought a leg, what that
> leg would have been like. I may have missed out
> on something great.

I have had lots of lamb but not mutton. From what I gather from people
who have had both, it would not likely have been something great.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:

> I have had lots of lamb but not mutton. From what I gather from people
> who have had both, it would not likely have been something great.

Do you have to braise it?

zero, and remove the last word.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Apr 14, 8:06*am, Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:
> Lamb... Baaaaaad!

Lamb is a wonderfully delicate flavor to me. I love it in all it's
forms, ground for lamb burgers, leg of lamb, braised shanks,
frenched ribs, etc.etc.

In fact....this is the recipe that is one of my most favorite finds
from Mark Bittman. Lamb in "greek" nachos.

Greek-Style Nachos

4 pita pockets, white or whole wheat, cut into wedges

About 1/2 cup olive oil

Salt

4 ounces feta cheese

1/2 cup yogurt, preferably whole-milk

1/2 cup chopped fresh mint

1 lemon

Freshly ground black pepper

1 medium onion, chopped

1/2 pound ground lamb

1 tablespoon ground cumin

2 or 3 medium ripe tomatoes, chopped

1 medium cucumber, peeled and seeded if necessary, and chopped

1/2 cup calamata olives, pitted and halved (optional).

1. Heat oven to 350 degrees Arrange pita wedges in one layer on baking
sheets and brush or drizzle with a tablespoon or two of olive oil.
Bake until they begin to color, turning once or twice, about 10
minutes. Sprinkle with salt, turn off oven and put chips back in to
keep warm.

2. In a blender or food processor, combine feta, yogurt, 1/4 cup olive
oil, mint and zest and juice of lemon; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Blend or process until smooth. (You can also mash mixture by hand,
with a fork.)

3. Put two tablespoons of oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and
cook onions until soft, about 5 minutes. Add lamb and cumin and
sprinkle with salt and pepper; continue cooking until meat is cooked
through, about 5 to 10 minutes more. Put chips on a serving plate and
top with lamb, sauce, tomatoes, cucumbers and olives if you’re using
them.

Yield: 4 servings.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 12, 6:49*pm, Dave Smith > wrote:
> On 12/04/2011 6:47 PM, Kalmia wrote:
>
> > On Apr 12, 3:50 pm, > *wrote:

> >> soooooooooooooooooo * *what do you think are the most disgusting foods
> >> in the world????

> > Krispy Kreme donuts. *I don't even like the NAME.

> I have only had a couple of them and they were neither crispy or creamy.
> They were disgustingly sweet.

We had a Krispy Kreme here in Kitchener. It didn't last long. People
here are very loyal to Tim Horton's donuts.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:

> On 14/04/2011 11:06 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> > Lamb... Baaaaaad!

> I love lamb. I would rather have leg of lamb than prime rib, or lamb
> chops than beef steak.

Yes, lamb is good. I think I had mutton once.
It was little bits of meat roasted on a skewer.
Incredibly packed with flavor. I wish I could
get it again.

I once considered buying an old sheep some friends
owned. I could have had it butchered by the Mexicans
that lived next door. As it turned out, the sheep
was later given to the Mexicans, who ate it. I've
often wondered if I'd just bought a leg, what that
leg would have been like. I may have missed out
on something great.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:
>Brooklyn1 wrote:
>>
>> Lamb... Baaaaaad!

>I love lamb.

Then you should start a thread "Foods I Love"... I'm sure you have a
particular fondness for sheep.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

ImStillMags wrote:

> Brooklyn1 wrote:
>>
>> Lamb... Baaaaaad!

>I love it in all it's forms.
>
>Greek-Style

I believe you. Apparently lots of folks here love Greek-Style.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Kalmia wrote:

> Krispy Kreme donuts. I don't even like the NAME.

Flavorless other than sweet and greasy. Not something that rises to the
level of disgusting to me.

They are made from some sort of ultra refined flour that I can digest
without symptoms. No flavor that. They have liquid refined sugar.
That has taste but not flavor. They have some sort of ultra refined
oil. No flavor there. I find it bizzare that people like them. Okay,
so I can mix powdered white sugar and vegetable oil together and you'll
like that just as well, right? Strangeness. I don't find them
disgusting but I just don't get why people like them.

Two economic cycles in a row they expanded too fast and crashed when the
economy turned. A dozen years ago I figured they would learn. Two
years ago they closed maybe three quarters of their stores. Again.
Like clockwork. Should I wind up the alarm clock for them to crash
again in eight more years?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 14/04/2011 12:59 PM, Tom Del Rosso wrote:
> Dave Smith wrote:
>>
>> I have had lots of lamb but not mutton. From what I gather from people
>> who have had both, it would not likely have been something great.

> Do you have to braise it?

Lamb? No. Lamb is great roasted. The only lamb I braise is lamb shanks
or stewing lamb.