Old 27-03-2011, 10:28 PM posted to rec.food.cooking,misc.writing

Default MAY 21, 2011: JUDGMENT DAY!!!!!!!!

"WLJ" wrote in
:

THE END OF THE WORLD IS ALMOST HERE!
HOLY GOD WILL BRING JUDGMENT DAY ON
MAY 21, 2011

Does that mean at least that Stephen "I lied about a coalition"
Harper will not get to be Prime Minister again? Silver lining,
that!

Bring that god guy on.

--

"As societies grow decadent, the language grows decadent, too.
Words are used to disguise, not to illuminate, action. Words

Old 27-03-2011, 11:12 PM posted to rec.food.cooking,misc.writing

On 27/03/2011 5:28 PM, Michel Boucher wrote:
wrote in
:

THE END OF THE WORLD IS ALMOST HERE!
HOLY GOD WILL BRING JUDGMENT DAY ON
MAY 21, 2011

Does that mean at least that Stephen "I lied about a coalition"
Harper will not get to be Prime Minister again? Silver lining,
that!

Bring that god guy on.

I am just wondering why God needs to use a hotmail account.

Old 27-03-2011, 11:51 PM posted to rec.food.cooking,misc.writing

Dave Smith wrote in news:xDOjp.11493
:

On 27/03/2011 5:28 PM, Michel Boucher wrote:
wrote in
:

THE END OF THE WORLD IS ALMOST HERE!
HOLY GOD WILL BRING JUDGMENT DAY ON
MAY 21, 2011

Does that mean at least that Stephen "I lied about a coalition"
Harper will not get to be Prime Minister again? Silver lining,
that!

Bring that god guy on.

I am just wondering why God needs to use a hotmail account.

S/he doesn't want to have his/her ISP sell out to Rogers and lose
contact with all those desperate people who need a deity with a
serious self-esteem issue in their lives.

Old 27-03-2011, 11:57 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/27/2011 4:12 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
On 27/03/2011 5:28 PM, Michel Boucher wrote:
wrote in
:

THE END OF THE WORLD IS ALMOST HERE!
HOLY GOD WILL BRING JUDGMENT DAY ON
MAY 21, 2011

Does that mean at least that Stephen "I lied about a coalition"
Harper will not get to be Prime Minister again? Silver lining,
that!

Bring that god guy on.

I am just wondering why God needs to use a hotmail account.

He probably reaches more people that way than in church.

gloria p
Old 28-03-2011, 01:43 AM posted to rec.food.cooking,misc.writing

On Mar 27, 4:12*pm, Dave Smith wrote:
On 27/03/2011 5:28 PM, Michel Boucher wrote:

*wrote in
:

THE END OF THE WORLD IS ALMOST HERE!
HOLY GOD WILL BRING JUDGMENT DAY ON
MAY 21, 2011

Does that mean at least that Stephen "I lied about a coalition"
Harper will not get to be Prime Minister again? *Silver lining,
that!

Bring that god guy on.

I am just wondering why God needs to use a hotmail account.

==
Damn, this Judgement Day thing will interfere with my birthday on the
25th. What a downer.
==

Old 28-03-2011, 05:26 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 27 Mar 2011 20:45:13 -0600, "gloria.p"
wrote:

wrote in

THE END OF THE WORLD IS ALMOST HERE!
HOLY GOD WILL BRING JUDGMENT DAY ON
MAY 21, 2011

Damn, this Judgement Day thing will interfere with my birthday on the
25th. What a downer.

Look at it this way: either you'll be taken up in the Rapture and be in
Heaven for your birthday. Or not.

Ha! "Or not."

Your cracking me up! What a laugh!
Old 28-03-2011, 11:32 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" wrote in message
On Sun, 27 Mar 2011 21:22:35 -0400, jmcquown wrote:

"Dave Smith" wrote in message
m...

(cross posting snipped)
I am just wondering why God needs to use a hotmail account.

That seriously made me laugh! I cracked up! It's a good question. It's
an
excellent question!

The OP was not claiming to be God any more than a clergyman who
routinely recites versus.

More appropriate is why does God want me to give him money every week?
What would he possibly spend it on?

Same questions George Carlin asked. God is all-seeing, all knowing, yada
yada yada ad infinitum... but apparently he sucks at handling money

Old 28-03-2011, 01:56 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 28 Mar 2011 06:32:56 -0400, "jmcquown"
wrote:

"Sqwertz" wrote in message
On Sun, 27 Mar 2011 21:22:35 -0400, jmcquown wrote:

"Dave Smith" wrote in message
m...

(cross posting snipped)
I am just wondering why God needs to use a hotmail account.

That seriously made me laugh! I cracked up! It's a good question. It's
an
excellent question!

The OP was not claiming to be God any more than a clergyman who
routinely recites versus.

More appropriate is why does God want me to give him money every week?
What would he possibly spend it on?

Same questions George Carlin asked. God is all-seeing, all knowing, yada
yada yada ad infinitum... but apparently he sucks at handling money

First, I'll mention that I'm an agnostic. Secondly, that this is a
food site that many people who are religious to varying degrees also
share with those of us who are not.

To go out of your way to make fun of their beliefs is an action that
should be beneath those of us who are educated and mature.

I understand how the idiot "Sqwertz" would be one to do that, as he's
nothing more than a child who likes to poke at things to aggravate any
situation, but those of us who are not childish, rude and immature
people should know better than to attack religion in a food group.

To those who would be insulted by the blatant attempts of the few to
show disrespect to the many, please understand the level of maturity
of those who do so and remember that using your killfile on them in
return will lessen their audience.

Old 28-03-2011, 05:06 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

"Sqwertz" wrote in message
On Sun, 27 Mar 2011 21:22:35 -0400, jmcquown wrote:

"Dave Smith" wrote in message
m...

(cross posting snipped)
[...]

I hope your sanctimonious little diatribe makes you feel all warm,
fuzzy and superior.
However, in "an action that should be beneath those of us who are
educated and mature" you have chosen to single out and characterize as
an idiot, someone who has posted much useful food and cooking related
content to this and several other food related newsgroups.
Newbies "who are not childish, rude and immature people should know
better".

Ross.
Old 28-03-2011, 05:18 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

"Sqwertz" wrote in message
On Sun, 27 Mar 2011 21:22:35 -0400, jmcquown wrote:

"Dave Smith" wrote in message
m...

(cross posting snipped)
[...]

I've read a lot of "Sqertz" posts, along with his multitude of other
socks. None of his posts were useful, but all were annoying, rude and
childish. Most people here have him killfiled, including me.

As far as being a "Newbie", I am in name only. I've been on usenet
since it's inception and have thousands of posts on usenet, in many
groups.

In regard to my feeling "warm, fuzzy and superior", it wasn't my
intention nor reaction to posting what I did.

Everyone can make whatever comments they wish on usenet. I've made
mine in regard to those who would use a food group to criticize others
for their religious beliefs.

I really don't give a rats ass if you like it or not. Killfile me if
you wish, or just stop reading my posts. When someone acts like a
jerk, talks like a jerk and is viewed as a jerk by almost everyone,
then I believe they're more than likely a jerk.

Squirts is a jerk. Plain and simple. He has less value than the shit
collected along my sewer pipe.

Was I clear?

Old 28-03-2011, 05:49 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 28/03/2011 8:56 AM, Landon wrote:

To those who would be insulted by the blatant attempts of the few to
show disrespect to the many, please understand the level of maturity
of those who do so and remember that using your killfile on them in
return will lessen their audience.

Normally, I would agree, but when it comes to the sort of person who
uses a hotmail address to deliver a religious message of doom and gloom
to a cooking news group they are fair game. There are religious groups
where they can share their intimate knowledge of god and others for
kooks and whackos. Bring your religion into a non-religious group and
you can expect to be confronted.
Old 28-03-2011, 06:16 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 28 Mar 2011 12:49:26 -0400, Dave Smith
wrote:

On 28/03/2011 8:56 AM, Landon wrote:

To those who would be insulted by the blatant attempts of the few to
show disrespect to the many, please understand the level of maturity
of those who do so and remember that using your killfile on them in
return will lessen their audience.

Normally, I would agree, but when it comes to the sort of person who
uses a hotmail address to deliver a religious message of doom and gloom
to a cooking news group they are fair game. There are religious groups
where they can share their intimate knowledge of god and others for
kooks and whackos. Bring your religion into a non-religious group and
you can expect to be confronted.

I agree with you to an extent. If one were to respond to the person
who posted from the hotmail acct, "Hey dummy, are you too stupid to
find an appropriate group to spam?", then that would be what I
consider a rightful post.

However, when the person responding uses one misdirected post to make
another unfair and inappropriate post, I don't agree. Discussion of
opinion about religion has no place on a food group unless it's about
the religious association to particular foods or preparation of foods.

Insulting those who choose to believe in one religion or another is
just tacky and rude. There are forums for that. It ain't this one.
Old 28-03-2011, 06:49 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 28/03/2011 1:16 PM, Landon wrote:

Normally, I would agree, but when it comes to the sort of person who
uses a hotmail address to deliver a religious message of doom and gloom
to a cooking news group they are fair game. There are religious groups
where they can share their intimate knowledge of god and others for
kooks and whackos. Bring your religion into a non-religious group and
you can expect to be confronted.

I agree with you to an extent. If one were to respond to the person
who posted from the hotmail acct, "Hey dummy, are you too stupid to
find an appropriate group to spam?", then that would be what I
consider a rightful post.

OKAY, asking why he needs to use a hotmail account is not aky but it
would ge okay to call him a dummy.

However, when the person responding uses one misdirected post to make
another unfair and inappropriate post, I don't agree. Discussion of
opinion about religion has no place on a food group unless it's about
the religious association to particular foods or preparation of foods.

Insulting those who choose to believe in one religion or another is
just tacky and rude. There are forums for that. It ain't this one.

It is not their choice to believe that it is the problem. It is their
decision, their compulsion to preach. There are indeed forums where
messages like that would be appropriate. Preaching to those who don't
believe, or who believer in something else, is as insulting as insulting
the preachers.

Old 28-03-2011, 06:49 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 28 Mar 2011 10:24:06 -0700, Ranee at Arabian Knits

Landon wrote:

First, I'll mention that I'm an agnostic. Secondly, that this is a
food site that many people who are religious to varying degrees also
share with those of us who are not.

To go out of your way to make fun of their beliefs is an action that
should be beneath those of us who are educated and mature.

I understand how the idiot "Sqwertz" would be one to do that, as he's
nothing more than a child who likes to poke at things to aggravate any
situation, but those of us who are not childish, rude and immature
people should know better than to attack religion in a food group.

To those who would be insulted by the blatant attempts of the few to
show disrespect to the many, please understand the level of maturity
of those who do so and remember that using your killfile on them in
return will lessen their audience.

Thank you for that, Landon. I wanted to e-mail you instead of
posting, but didn't know how to do that. So, thank you publicly.

I'm often amazed at the way people here go out of their way to be
rude and, sometimes, vicious, to religion and believers. I started a
thread about foods on Fat Tuesday, only to have people start in with
ridicule/insults/slander. On a group that already has a signal to noise
problem. On an on topic post. I don't get it. Maybe I miss it,
because I don't follow the threads on the Chinese New Year or Ramadan or
Eid or Passover, etc, as closely, but I don't see people going out of
their way (especially significant contributers to this group) to be rude
and insulting to people who celebrate those or follow those
religions/belief systems.

Regards,
Ranee @ Arabian Knits

You're welcome, Ranee. Just for interest sake, I was raised to be
tolerant and respectful of all people and beliefs that are not
directly injurious to others. My parents had my siblings and I go to
quite a few different churches during our early years and told us we
could choose any belief we wished to, or none, as long as we were
honest in our beliefs. All of us turned out to be agnostics and
remained so for the last 45 years or so.

I strongly dislike bullies or people who take advantage of others when
they are helpless to stop an attack.

As you've no doubt noticed, I speak my mind freely...
Old 28-03-2011, 06:59 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 28 Mar 2011 13:49:15 -0400, Dave Smith
wrote:

[...]

I think you and I pretty much agree. I have always tried to not be
rude to anyone if I could avoid it. A simple killfile entry will
eliminate any repeated problems without causing insult to anyone who
happens to read an insult to the original poster.

I hope you understand what I mean.