Posted to rec.food.cooking,misc.writing

Default MAY 21, 2011: JUDGMENT DAY!!!!!!!!

"WLJ" > wrote in
:

> THE END OF THE WORLD IS ALMOST HERE!
> HOLY GOD WILL BRING JUDGMENT DAY ON
> MAY 21, 2011

Does that mean at least that Stephen "I lied about a coalition"
Harper will not get to be Prime Minister again? Silver lining,
that!

Bring that god guy on.

--

"As societies grow decadent, the language grows decadent, too.
Words are used to disguise, not to illuminate, action. Words
Posted to rec.food.cooking,misc.writing

On 27/03/2011 5:28 PM, Michel Boucher wrote:
> > wrote in
> :
>
>> THE END OF THE WORLD IS ALMOST HERE!
>> HOLY GOD WILL BRING JUDGMENT DAY ON
>> MAY 21, 2011

> Does that mean at least that Stephen "I lied about a coalition"
> Harper will not get to be Prime Minister again? Silver lining,
> that!
>
> Bring that god guy on.

I am just wondering why God needs to use a hotmail account.

Posted to rec.food.cooking,misc.writing

Dave Smith > wrote in news:xDOjp.11493
:

> On 27/03/2011 5:28 PM, Michel Boucher wrote:
>> > wrote in
>> :
>>
>>> THE END OF THE WORLD IS ALMOST HERE!
>>> HOLY GOD WILL BRING JUDGMENT DAY ON
>>> MAY 21, 2011

>> Does that mean at least that Stephen "I lied about a coalition"
>> Harper will not get to be Prime Minister again? Silver lining,
>> that!
>>
>> Bring that god guy on.

> I am just wondering why God needs to use a hotmail account.

S/he doesn't want to have his/her ISP sell out to Rogers and lose
contact with all those desperate people who need a deity with a
serious self-esteem issue in their lives.

--

"As societies grow decadent, the language grows decadent, too.
Words are used to disguise, not to illuminate, action. Words
are used to confuse, so that at election time people will
solemnly vote against their own interests." - Gore Vidal
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/27/2011 4:12 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 27/03/2011 5:28 PM, Michel Boucher wrote:
>> > wrote in
>> :
>>
>>> THE END OF THE WORLD IS ALMOST HERE!
>>> HOLY GOD WILL BRING JUDGMENT DAY ON
>>> MAY 21, 2011

>> Does that mean at least that Stephen "I lied about a coalition"
>> Harper will not get to be Prime Minister again? Silver lining,
>> that!
>>
>> Bring that god guy on.

> I am just wondering why God needs to use a hotmail account.

He probably reaches more people that way than in church.

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking,misc.writing

On Mar 27, 4:12*pm, Dave Smith > wrote:
> On 27/03/2011 5:28 PM, Michel Boucher wrote:
>
> > > *wrote in
> :

> >> THE END OF THE WORLD IS ALMOST HERE!
> >> HOLY GOD WILL BRING JUDGMENT DAY ON
> >> MAY 21, 2011

> > Does that mean at least that Stephen "I lied about a coalition"
> > Harper will not get to be Prime Minister again? *Silver lining,
> > that!

> > Bring that god guy on.

> I am just wondering why God needs to use a hotmail account.

==
Damn, this Judgement Day thing will interfere with my birthday on the
25th. What a downer.
==

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 27 Mar 2011 20:45:13 -0600, "gloria.p" >
wrote:

>> Damn, this Judgement Day thing will interfere with my birthday on the
>> 25th. What a downer.

>Look at it this way: either you'll be taken up in the Rapture and be in
>Heaven for your birthday. Or not.

Ha! "Or not."

Your cracking me up! What a laugh!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 27 Mar 2011 21:22:35 -0400, jmcquown wrote:
>
>> "Dave Smith" > wrote in message
>> m...
>>>>

>> (cross posting snipped)
>>> I am just wondering why God needs to use a hotmail account.
>>>

>> That seriously made me laugh! I cracked up! It's a good question. It's
>> an
>> excellent question!

> The OP was not claiming to be God any more than a clergyman who
> routinely recites versus.
>
> More appropriate is why does God want me to give him money every week?
> What would he possibly spend it on?

Same questions George Carlin asked. God is all-seeing, all knowing, yada
yada yada ad infinitum... but apparently he sucks at handling money

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 28 Mar 2011 06:32:56 -0400, "jmcquown" >
wrote:

>"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
>> On Sun, 27 Mar 2011 21:22:35 -0400, jmcquown wrote:
>>
>>> "Dave Smith" > wrote in message
>>> m...
>>>>>
>>> (cross posting snipped)
>>>>

>>> That seriously made me laugh! I cracked up! It's a good question. It's
>>> an
>>> excellent question!

>> The OP was not claiming to be God any more than a clergyman who
>> routinely recites versus.
>>
>> More appropriate is why does God want me to give him money every week?
>> What would he possibly spend it on?
>>

>Same questions George Carlin asked. God is all-seeing, all knowing, yada
>yada yada ad infinitum... but apparently he sucks at handling money

First, I'll mention that I'm an agnostic. Secondly, that this is a
food site that many people who are religious to varying degrees also
share with those of us who are not.

To go out of your way to make fun of their beliefs is an action that
should be beneath those of us who are educated and mature.

I understand how the idiot "Sqwertz" would be one to do that, as he's
nothing more than a child who likes to poke at things to aggravate any
situation, but those of us who are not childish, rude and immature
people should know better than to attack religion in a food group.

To those who would be insulted by the blatant attempts of the few to
show disrespect to the many, please understand the level of maturity
of those who do so and remember that using your killfile on them in
return will lessen their audience.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 28 Mar 2011 08:56:09 -0400, Landon > wrote:

>On Mon, 28 Mar 2011 06:32:56 -0400, "jmcquown" >
>wrote:

>>> The OP was not claiming to be God any more than a clergyman who
>>> routinely recites versus.
>>>
>>> More appropriate is why does God want me to give him money every week?
>>> What would he possibly spend it on?
>>>

>>Same questions George Carlin asked. God is all-seeing, all knowing, yada
>>yada yada ad infinitum... but apparently he sucks at handling money

>First, I'll mention that I'm an agnostic. Secondly, that this is a
>food site that many people who are religious to varying degrees also
>share with those of us who are not.
>
>To go out of your way to make fun of their beliefs is an action that
>should be beneath those of us who are educated and mature.
>
>I understand how the idiot "Sqwertz" would be one to do that, as he's
>nothing more than a child who likes to poke at things to aggravate any
>situation, but those of us who are not childish, rude and immature
>people should know better than to attack religion in a food group.
>
>To those who would be insulted by the blatant attempts of the few to
>show disrespect to the many, please understand the level of maturity
>of those who do so and remember that using your killfile on them in
>return will lessen their audience.

I hope your sanctimonious little diatribe makes you feel all warm,
fuzzy and superior.
However, in "an action that should be beneath those of us who are
educated and mature" you have chosen to single out and characterize as
an idiot, someone who has posted much useful food and cooking related
content to this and several other food related newsgroups.
Newbies "who are not childish, rude and immature people should know
better".

Ross.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 28 Mar 2011 12:06:17 -0400, Ross@home wrote:

>On Mon, 28 Mar 2011 08:56:09 -0400, Landon > wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 28 Mar 2011 06:32:56 -0400, "jmcquown" >
>>wrote:

>>>Same questions George Carlin asked. God is all-seeing, all knowing, yada
>>>yada yada ad infinitum... but apparently he sucks at handling money

>>First, I'll mention that I'm an agnostic. Secondly, that this is a
>>food site that many people who are religious to varying degrees also
>>share with those of us who are not.
>>
>>To go out of your way to make fun of their beliefs is an action that
>>should be beneath those of us who are educated and mature.
>>
>>I understand how the idiot "Sqwertz" would be one to do that, as he's
>>nothing more than a child who likes to poke at things to aggravate any
>>situation, but those of us who are not childish, rude and immature
>>people should know better than to attack religion in a food group.
>>
>>To those who would be insulted by the blatant attempts of the few to
>>show disrespect to the many, please understand the level of maturity
>>of those who do so and remember that using your killfile on them in
>>return will lessen their audience.

>I hope your sanctimonious little diatribe makes you feel all warm,
>fuzzy and superior.
>However, in "an action that should be beneath those of us who are
>educated and mature" you have chosen to single out and characterize as
>an idiot, someone who has posted much useful food and cooking related
>content to this and several other food related newsgroups.
>Newbies "who are not childish, rude and immature people should know
>better".
>
>Ross.

I've read a lot of "Sqertz" posts, along with his multitude of other
socks. None of his posts were useful, but all were annoying, rude and
childish. Most people here have him killfiled, including me.

As far as being a "Newbie", I am in name only. I've been on usenet
since it's inception and have thousands of posts on usenet, in many
groups.

In regard to my feeling "warm, fuzzy and superior", it wasn't my
intention nor reaction to posting what I did.

Everyone can make whatever comments they wish on usenet. I've made
mine in regard to those who would use a food group to criticize others
for their religious beliefs.

I really don't give a rats ass if you like it or not. Killfile me if
you wish, or just stop reading my posts. When someone acts like a
jerk, talks like a jerk and is viewed as a jerk by almost everyone,
then I believe they're more than likely a jerk.

Squirts is a jerk. Plain and simple. He has less value than the shit
collected along my sewer pipe.

Was I clear?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 28/03/2011 8:56 AM, Landon wrote:

> To those who would be insulted by the blatant attempts of the few to
> show disrespect to the many, please understand the level of maturity
> of those who do so and remember that using your killfile on them in
> return will lessen their audience.

Normally, I would agree, but when it comes to the sort of person who
uses a hotmail address to deliver a religious message of doom and gloom
to a cooking news group they are fair game. There are religious groups
where they can share their intimate knowledge of god and others for
kooks and whackos. Bring your religion into a non-religious group and
you can expect to be confronted.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 28 Mar 2011 12:49:26 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 28/03/2011 8:56 AM, Landon wrote:
>>
>> To those who would be insulted by the blatant attempts of the few to
>> show disrespect to the many, please understand the level of maturity
>> of those who do so and remember that using your killfile on them in
>> return will lessen their audience.
>>

>Normally, I would agree, but when it comes to the sort of person who
>uses a hotmail address to deliver a religious message of doom and gloom
>to a cooking news group they are fair game. There are religious groups
>where they can share their intimate knowledge of god and others for
>kooks and whackos. Bring your religion into a non-religious group and
>you can expect to be confronted.

I agree with you to an extent. If one were to respond to the person
who posted from the hotmail acct, "Hey dummy, are you too stupid to
find an appropriate group to spam?", then that would be what I
consider a rightful post.

However, when the person responding uses one misdirected post to make
another unfair and inappropriate post, I don't agree. Discussion of
opinion about religion has no place on a food group unless it's about
the religious association to particular foods or preparation of foods.

Insulting those who choose to believe in one religion or another is
just tacky and rude. There are forums for that. It ain't this one.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 28/03/2011 1:16 PM, Landon wrote:

>> Normally, I would agree, but when it comes to the sort of person who
>> uses a hotmail address to deliver a religious message of doom and gloom
>> to a cooking news group they are fair game. There are religious groups
>> where they can share their intimate knowledge of god and others for
>> kooks and whackos. Bring your religion into a non-religious group and
>> you can expect to be confronted.

> I agree with you to an extent. If one were to respond to the person
> who posted from the hotmail acct, "Hey dummy, are you too stupid to
> find an appropriate group to spam?", then that would be what I
> consider a rightful post.

OKAY, asking why he needs to use a hotmail account is not aky but it
would ge okay to call him a dummy.

> However, when the person responding uses one misdirected post to make
> another unfair and inappropriate post, I don't agree. Discussion of
> opinion about religion has no place on a food group unless it's about
> the religious association to particular foods or preparation of foods.
>
> Insulting those who choose to believe in one religion or another is
> just tacky and rude. There are forums for that. It ain't this one.

It is not their choice to believe that it is the problem. It is their
decision, their compulsion to preach. There are indeed forums where
messages like that would be appropriate. Preaching to those who don't
believe, or who believer in something else, is as insulting as insulting
the preachers.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 28 Mar 2011 10:24:06 -0700, Ranee at Arabian Knits
> wrote:

>In article >,
> Landon > wrote:
>
>> First, I'll mention that I'm an agnostic. Secondly, that this is a
>> food site that many people who are religious to varying degrees also
>> share with those of us who are not.
>>
>> To go out of your way to make fun of their beliefs is an action that
>> should be beneath those of us who are educated and mature.
>>
>> I understand how the idiot "Sqwertz" would be one to do that, as he's
>> nothing more than a child who likes to poke at things to aggravate any
>> situation, but those of us who are not childish, rude and immature
>> people should know better than to attack religion in a food group.
>>
>> To those who would be insulted by the blatant attempts of the few to
>> show disrespect to the many, please understand the level of maturity
>> of those who do so and remember that using your killfile on them in
>> return will lessen their audience.

> Thank you for that, Landon. I wanted to e-mail you instead of
>posting, but didn't know how to do that. So, thank you publicly.
>
> I'm often amazed at the way people here go out of their way to be
>rude and, sometimes, vicious, to religion and believers. I started a
>thread about foods on Fat Tuesday, only to have people start in with
>ridicule/insults/slander. On a group that already has a signal to noise
>problem. On an on topic post. I don't get it. Maybe I miss it,
>because I don't follow the threads on the Chinese New Year or Ramadan or
>Eid or Passover, etc, as closely, but I don't see people going out of
>their way (especially significant contributers to this group) to be rude
>and insulting to people who celebrate those or follow those
>religions/belief systems.
>
>Regards,
>Ranee @ Arabian Knits

You're welcome, Ranee. Just for interest sake, I was raised to be
tolerant and respectful of all people and beliefs that are not
directly injurious to others. My parents had my siblings and I go to
quite a few different churches during our early years and told us we
could choose any belief we wished to, or none, as long as we were
honest in our beliefs. All of us turned out to be agnostics and
remained so for the last 45 years or so.

I strongly dislike bullies or people who take advantage of others when
they are helpless to stop an attack.

As you've no doubt noticed, I speak my mind freely...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 28 Mar 2011 13:49:15 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 28/03/2011 1:16 PM, Landon wrote:
>
>>> Normally, I would agree, but when it comes to the sort of person who
>>> uses a hotmail address to deliver a religious message of doom and gloom
>>> to a cooking news group they are fair game. There are religious groups
>>> where they can share their intimate knowledge of god and others for
>>> kooks and whackos. Bring your religion into a non-religious group and
>>> you can expect to be confronted.

>> I agree with you to an extent. If one were to respond to the person
>> who posted from the hotmail acct, "Hey dummy, are you too stupid to
>> find an appropriate group to spam?", then that would be what I
>> consider a rightful post.

>OKAY, asking why he needs to use a hotmail account is not aky but it
>would ge okay to call him a dummy.
>>
>> However, when the person responding uses one misdirected post to make
>> another unfair and inappropriate post, I don't agree. Discussion of
>> opinion about religion has no place on a food group unless it's about
>> the religious association to particular foods or preparation of foods.
>>
>> Insulting those who choose to believe in one religion or another is
>> just tacky and rude. There are forums for that. It ain't this one.

>It is not their choice to believe that it is the problem. It is their
>decision, their compulsion to preach. There are indeed forums where
>messages like that would be appropriate. Preaching to those who don't
>believe, or who believer in something else, is as insulting as insulting
>the preachers.

I think you and I pretty much agree. I have always tried to not be
rude to anyone if I could avoid it. A simple killfile entry will
eliminate any repeated problems without causing insult to anyone who
happens to read an insult to the original poster.

I hope you understand what I mean.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 29, 12:49*am, Dave Smith > wrote:
> On 28/03/2011 8:56 AM, Landon wrote:
>

> > To those who would be insulted by the blatant attempts of the few to
> > show disrespect to the many, please understand the level of maturity
> > of those who do so and remember that using your killfile on them in
> > return will lessen their audience.

> Normally, I would agree, but when it comes to the sort of person who
> uses a hotmail address to deliver a religious message of doom and gloom
> to a cooking news group they are fair game. *There are religious groups
> where they can share their intimate knowledge of god and others for
> kooks and whackos. *Bring your religion into a non-religious group and
> you can expect to be confronted.

I agree. Anyone who wants to bring their religion into a news group
that is not about religion IS fair game. As an athiest I might be
offended, if I could be bothered :-)

JB
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 29, 1:16*am, Landon > wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Mar 2011 12:49:26 -0400, Dave Smith
>
> > wrote:
> >On 28/03/2011 8:56 AM, Landon wrote:

> >> To those who would be insulted by the blatant attempts of the few to
> >> show disrespect to the many, please understand the level of maturity
> >> of those who do so and remember that using your killfile on them in
> >> return will lessen their audience.

> >Normally, I would agree, but when it comes to the sort of person who
> >uses a hotmail address to deliver a religious message of doom and gloom
> >to a cooking news group they are fair game. *There are religious groups
> >where they can share their intimate knowledge of god and others for
> >kooks and whackos. *Bring your religion into a non-religious group and
> >you can expect to be confronted.

> I agree with you to an extent. If one were to respond to the person
> who posted from the hotmail acct, "Hey dummy, are you too stupid to
> find an appropriate group to spam?", then that would be what I
> consider a rightful post.
>
> However, when the person responding uses one misdirected post to make
> another unfair and inappropriate post, I don't agree. Discussion of
> opinion about religion has no place on a food group unless it's about
> the religious association to particular foods or preparation of foods.
>
> Insulting those who choose to believe in one religion or another is
> just tacky and rude. There are forums for that. It ain't this one.

There are also forums to discuss religion, and this is not one of
them. Turn and turn about.

If insulting someone's religion is tacky, in your opinion, why is it
not tacky to shove your religion in the face of the non-religious?

JB
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 28 Mar 2011 18:48:20 -0700 (PDT), Golden One
> wrote:

>On Mar 29, 12:49*am, Dave Smith > wrote:
>> On 28/03/2011 8:56 AM, Landon wrote:
>>

>> > To those who would be insulted by the blatant attempts of the few to
>> > show disrespect to the many, please understand the level of maturity
>> > of those who do so and remember that using your killfile on them in
>> > return will lessen their audience.

>> Normally, I would agree, but when it comes to the sort of person who
>> uses a hotmail address to deliver a religious message of doom and gloom
>> to a cooking news group they are fair game. *There are religious groups
>> where they can share their intimate knowledge of god and others for
>> kooks and whackos. *Bring your religion into a non-religious group and
>> you can expect to be confronted.

>I agree. Anyone who wants to bring their religion into a news group
>that is not about religion IS fair game. As an athiest I might be
>offended, if I could be bothered :-)
>
>JB

The method of conduct I'm speaking of is to not allow yourself to
stoop to the level of those who do something wrong.

When you do, you only lower your own standards.

An "eye for an eye" approach to life would make all of us savages
again.

I don't expect you to agree. Its my own way of life. I'm just
mentioning it as a suggestion.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 28 Mar 2011 18:50:56 -0700 (PDT), Golden One
> wrote:

>There are also forums to discuss religion, and this is not one of
>them. Turn and turn about.
>
>If insulting someone's religion is tacky, in your opinion, why is it
>not tacky to shove your religion in the face of the non-religious?
>
>JB

Returning insult with insult just lowers you to that persons level.

I would think you would want to be superior to that type of animal
response and instead respond in a way that will teach the originating
person something worthwhile by example.

As I told another on this group, its my way of living. I'm not
insisting that you follow me, just suggesting that its an option.

I really shouldn't have suggested name calling either. "Dummy" hasn't
much sting to it, but it's still an insult. I retract my suggestion
that it be used.

Some people fall into fanaticism when it comes to religion. Fanatics
don't really care what you say to them. They don't hear it unless it
agrees with their point of view. Its a waste of time to insult them.
They just don't hear it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 28/03/2011 10:10 PM, Landon wrote:

>> If insulting someone's religion is tacky, in your opinion, why is it
>> not tacky to shove your religion in the face of the non-religious?
>>
>> JB

> Returning insult with insult just lowers you to that persons level.
>
> I would think you would want to be superior to that type of animal
> response and instead respond in a way that will teach the originating
> person something worthwhile by example.

I reject the suggestion that we are obliged to suffer in silence when
the religious insist on preaching to us.

> As I told another on this group, its my way of living. I'm not
> insisting that you follow me, just suggesting that its an option.
>
> I really shouldn't have suggested name calling either. "Dummy" hasn't
> much sting to it, but it's still an insult. I retract my suggestion
> that it be used.
>
> Some people fall into fanaticism when it comes to religion. Fanatics
> don't really care what you say to them. They don't hear it unless it
> agrees with their point of view. Its a waste of time to insult them.
> They just don't hear it.

Actually, the real fanatics enjoy it. They thrive on the persecution.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 28 Mar 2011 22:14:38 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 28/03/2011 10:10 PM, Landon wrote:
>

>>> If insulting someone's religion is tacky, in your opinion, why is it
>>> not tacky to shove your religion in the face of the non-religious?
>>>
>>> JB

>> Returning insult with insult just lowers you to that persons level.
>>
>> I would think you would want to be superior to that type of animal
>> response and instead respond in a way that will teach the originating
>> person something worthwhile by example.

>I reject the suggestion that we are obliged to suffer in silence when
>the religious insist on preaching to us.

I didn't say to suffer anything. I said that lowering yourself to
their level just makes you no better than them.

How hard is it to ignore someone? Is that what you call suffering?

You clicked on the post. You read the post. You got offended by your
own action. Had you just ignored the post, you couldn't have
"suffered".

>> As I told another on this group, its my way of living. I'm not
>> insisting that you follow me, just suggesting that its an option.
>>
>> I really shouldn't have suggested name calling either. "Dummy" hasn't
>> much sting to it, but it's still an insult. I retract my suggestion
>> that it be used.
>>
>> Some people fall into fanaticism when it comes to religion. Fanatics
>> don't really care what you say to them. They don't hear it unless it
>> agrees with their point of view. Its a waste of time to insult them.
>> They just don't hear it.

>Actually, the real fanatics enjoy it. They thrive on the persecution.

I guess you and I will have to agree to disagree. Fanatics do not
"thrive on persecution". They thrive on attention. By lowering
yourself to their standards, you give them the attention they desire.
You've aided them in their quest for attention, not harmed them.

If you really want to make their efforts pointless, just ignore them.
They're "word" isn't spread and they've received no attention. That
negates everything they attempted to do.