Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Peanut noodles

For dinner tonight (leftover baked chicken thighs, fresh asparagus,
salad) I made some peanut-sauced noodles from an online recipe (maybe
even on this site) that I had printed a while ago. I think I used too
much peanut butter for the recipe. They were yummy but gummy.

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 18, 11:20*am, "gloria.p" > wrote:
> For dinner tonight (leftover baked chicken thighs, fresh asparagus,
> salad) I made some peanut-sauced noodles from an online recipe (maybe
> even on this site) that I had printed a while ago. * I think I used too
> much peanut butter for the recipe. *They were yummy but gummy.

Sounds good...but next time...loosen up the peanut butter with
water....works like a charm.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 18 Mar 2011 11:18:10 -0500, Andy > wrote:

> I would've cheapened the noodle dish and used a jar of Thai spicy peanut
> sauce instead of scratch.

I like that bottled Thai peanut sauce on chicken lettuce wraps.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/18/2011 10:23 AM, Mr. Bill wrote:
> On Mar 18, 11:20 am, > wrote:
>> For dinner tonight (leftover baked chicken thighs, fresh asparagus,
>> salad) I made some peanut-sauced noodles from an online recipe (maybe
>> even on this site) that I had printed a while ago. I think I used too
>> much peanut butter for the recipe. They were yummy but gummy.

> Sounds good...but next time...loosen up the peanut butter with
> water....works like a charm.

Thanks, I'll try that. The recipe I used had quite a bit of liquid,
vegetable oil, sesame oil, soy sauce, chili-garlic sauce, etc.

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Mar 18, 4:17*pm, Sqwertz > wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Mar 2011 09:20:28 -0600, gloria.p wrote:
> > For dinner tonight (leftover baked chicken thighs, fresh asparagus,
> > salad) I made some peanut-sauced noodles from an online recipe (maybe
> > even on this site) that I had printed a while ago. * I think I used too
> > much peanut butter for the recipe. *They were yummy but gummy.

> > gloria p

> Thank goodness you didn't call it "Chinese" or tehr Ethnic Food Police
> would be all it.
>
> I posted a peanut sauce recipe a few years ago. *I rarely post
> recipes, but they're all originals.
>
> -sw

I love Phad Thai. I have a Thai cookbook that is written in Thai on
the left page and English on the right page. The recipe for Phad Thai
in it is still my favorite. I have a couple other peanut sauce
recipes that differ a bit that I use for other things like chicken
Satay.

Now I'm hungry for Thai food.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Mar 18, 4:28*pm, ImStillMags > wrote:

> I love Phad Thai. * I have a Thai cookbook that is written in Thai on
> the left page and English on the right page. *The recipe for Phad Thai
> in it is still my favorite. * *I have a couple other peanut sauce
> recipes that differ a bit that I use for other things like chicken
> Satay.
>
> Now I'm hungry for Thai food.

Well, that did it......I stopped at the best Thai place in town on the
way home from work and had Phad Thai and a nice glass of wine.

Full and happy !! ;-)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>For dinner tonight (leftover baked chicken thighs, fresh asparagus,
>salad) I made some peanut-sauced noodles from an online recipe (maybe
>even on this site) that I had printed a while ago. I think I used too
>much peanut butter for the recipe. They were yummy but gummy.
>
>gloria p

Yummy is good. :-)

koko
James Beard

www.kokoscornerblog.com

Natural Watkins Spices
www.apinchofspices.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Billy wrote:

>> For dinner tonight (leftover baked chicken thighs, fresh asparagus,
>> salad) I made some peanut-sauced noodles from an online recipe (maybe
>> even on this site) that I had printed a while ago. I think I used too
>> much peanut butter for the recipe. They were yummy but gummy.

> Sounds good...but next time...loosen up the peanut butter with
> water....works like a charm.

Make that BOILING water; it's a trick from the Moosewood Cookbook.

Bob

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Terwilliger[_1_] View Post
Billy wrote:

For dinner tonight (leftover baked chicken thighs, fresh asparagus,
salad) I made some peanut-sauced noodles from an online recipe (maybe
even on this site) that I had printed a while ago. I think I used too
much peanut butter for the recipe. They were yummy but gummy.

Sounds good...but next time...loosen up the peanut butter with
water....works like a charm.

Make that BOILING water; it's a trick from the Moosewood Cookbook.

Bob
I had a bag of popcorn there and also some Light Lemonade. I didn't finish the popcorn. I gave the rest to Angela. She always eats some of hers then brings the bag home where she will have it later.