Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default It's been 5 years

what a wonderful day for you, Lee
"Janet Bostwick" > wrote in message
> It's been 5 years this month since I completed my radiation
> treatments. My final CT scan came in clean and my doctor has
> discharged me. I've been so scared about that last scan, I worried
> that something would show up at the final test.
> I can't even feel happy or excited yet, I'm too close to tears.
>
> Janet

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Janet Bostwick" > wrote in message

> It's been 5 years this month since I completed my radiation
> treatments. My final CT scan came in clean and my doctor has
> discharged me. I've been so scared about that last scan, I worried
> that something would show up at the final test.
> I can't even feel happy or excited yet, I'm too close to tears.
>
> Janet

Tears are good, Janet. Let 'em out. And congratulations!

Fekuce

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 17 Mar 2011 10:58:46 -0600, Janet Bostwick
> wrote:

>It's been 5 years this month since I completed my radiation
>treatments. My final CT scan came in clean and my doctor has
>discharged me. I've been so scared about that last scan, I worried
>that something would show up at the final test.
>I can't even feel happy or excited yet, I'm too close to tears.
>
>Janet

This is a major milestone. I am so very happy you have passed it.

May the stress and difficulties of these past 5 years fade quickly
from memory.

Much love to you, Janet,

Gloria
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Mar 17, 9:58*am, Janet Bostwick > wrote:
> It's been 5 years this month since I completed my radiation
> treatments. *My final CT scan came in clean and my doctor has
> discharged me. *I've been so scared about that last scan, I worried
> that something would show up at the final test.
> I can't even feel happy or excited yet, I'm too close to tears.
>
> Janet

How wonderful!!! Happy happy day!! You should go out and
celebrate, or throw a huge party!!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 17/03/2011 12:58 PM, Janet Bostwick wrote:
> It's been 5 years this month since I completed my radiation
> treatments. My final CT scan came in clean and my doctor has
> discharged me. I've been so scared about that last scan, I worried
> that something would show up at the final test.
> I can't even feel happy or excited yet, I'm too close to tears.

Congratulations. You are one of the lucky ones who beat cancer. My SiL
has had liver cancer for more than two years now. She was taking an
experimental chemo that seemed to be working, but almost killed her, and
when it stopped reducing hte size of th tomor she opted to stop the
therapy She had a scan last month and there is no change in the size of
the tumour. He doctor told her that he is surprised that she is still alive.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Janet Bostwick wrote:
> It's been 5 years this month since I completed my radiation
> treatments. My final CT scan came in clean and my doctor has
> discharged me. I've been so scared about that last scan, I worried
> that something would show up at the final test.
> I can't even feel happy or excited yet, I'm too close to tears.

Well don't make me cry! I'm so happy to hear that news! The
stress must have been relentless.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Janet Bostwick" > wrote in message
> It's been 5 years this month since I completed my radiation
> treatments. My final CT scan came in clean and my doctor has
> discharged me. I've been so scared about that last scan, I worried
> that something would show up at the final test.
> I can't even feel happy or excited yet, I'm too close to tears.

Well we don't know each other but I would love to send you huge
hugs!!!!!!!!!!

Now you can start to live again! Rejoice!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 17 Mar 2011 10:58:46 -0600, Janet Bostwick
> wrote:

> It's been 5 years this month since I completed my radiation
> treatments. My final CT scan came in clean and my doctor has
> discharged me. I've been so scared about that last scan, I worried
> that something would show up at the final test.
> I can't even feel happy or excited yet, I'm too close to tears.

Congratulations, Janet! I'm always glad to hear a cancer story with a
happy ending.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 17, 12:58*pm, Janet Bostwick > wrote:
> It's been 5 years this month since I completed my radiation
> treatments. *My final CT scan came in clean

YEA!! You go girl!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Great news for you!!!

Cheri

"Janet Bostwick" > wrote in message
> It's been 5 years this month since I completed my radiation
> treatments. My final CT scan came in clean and my doctor has
> discharged me. I've been so scared about that last scan, I worried
> that something would show up at the final test.
> I can't even feel happy or excited yet, I'm too close to tears.
>
> Janet

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> "Janet > wrote in message
>> It's been 5 years this month since I completed my radiation
>> treatments. My final CT scan came in clean and my doctor has
>> discharged me. I've been so scared about that last scan, I worried
>> that something would show up at the final test.
>> I can't even feel happy or excited yet, I'm too close to tears.

Congratulations on reaching the top of the hill. Within the past six
months many of my friends have just begun the climb.

Best wishes for continued clean results.

gloria p

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Janet Bostwick wrote:
> It's been 5 years this month since I completed my radiation
> treatments. My final CT scan came in clean and my doctor has
> discharged me. I've been so scared about that last scan, I worried
> that something would show up at the final test.
> I can't even feel happy or excited yet, I'm too close to tears.
>
> Janet

Congratulations! It's a major milestone. I'm walking along beside
you (it's been almost nine years for me and I celebrate every day).
Celebrate - you deserve it!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Congratulations, I am very happy for you, Janet. Celebrate!

Becca
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Il 17/03/2011 17:58, Janet Bostwick ha scritto:

> It's been 5 years this month since I completed my radiation
> treatments. My final CT scan came in clean and my doctor has
> discharged me. I've been so scared about that last scan, I worried
> that something would show up at the final test.
> I can't even feel happy or excited yet, I'm too close to tears.

Hey!
--
Vilco
And the Family Stone

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 17 Mar 2011 10:58:46 -0600, Janet Bostwick
> wrote:

>It's been 5 years this month since I completed my radiation
>treatments. My final CT scan came in clean and my doctor has
>discharged me. I've been so scared about that last scan, I worried
>that something would show up at the final test.
>I can't even feel happy or excited yet, I'm too close to tears.
>
>Janet

May you have 50 more bright sunny years!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

A new chapter of your life is starting - rejoice!!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Janet Bostwick wrote:

> It's been 5 years this month since I completed my radiation
> treatments. My final CT scan came in clean and my doctor has
> discharged me. I've been so scared about that last scan, I worried
> that something would show up at the final test.
> I can't even feel happy or excited yet, I'm too close to tears.
>
> Janet

Congratulations!

--
Dan Goodman
dsgood at lj, dw, ij, fb, tw__
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Janet Bostwick > wrote:

> It's been 5 years this month since I completed my radiation
> treatments. My final CT scan came in clean and my doctor has
> discharged me. I've been so scared about that last scan, I worried
> that something would show up at the final test.
> I can't even feel happy or excited yet, I'm too close to tears.

AWESOME.

Miche

--
Electricians do it in three phases
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Janet Bostwick" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> It's been 5 years this month since I completed my radiation
> treatments. My final CT scan came in clean and my doctor has
> discharged me. I've been so scared about that last scan, I worried
> that something would show up at the final test.
> I can't even feel happy or excited yet, I'm too close to tears.
>
> Janet

Congratulations! Join a very large group. We are lucky to live today
instead of 50 years ago.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Janet Bostwick" > wrote in message
> It's been 5 years this month since I completed my radiation
> treatments. My final CT scan came in clean and my doctor has
> discharged me. I've been so scared about that last scan, I worried
> that something would show up at the final test.
> I can't even feel happy or excited yet, I'm too close to tears.
>
> Janet

A nice day to remember a good feeling.

Congrats.

Dimitri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 17 Mar 2011 10:58:46 -0600, Janet Bostwick wrote:

> It's been 5 years this month since I completed my radiation
> treatments. My final CT scan came in clean and my doctor has
> discharged me. I've been so scared about that last scan, I worried
> that something would show up at the final test.
> I can't even feel happy or excited yet, I'm too close to tears.

Great news! Willing to bet that when it "sinks in" you'll be doing a Happy
Dance. <grin>

--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Janet Bostwick > wrote in
:

> It's been 5 years this month since I completed my radiation
> treatments. My final CT scan came in clean and my doctor has
> discharged me. I've been so scared about that last scan, I worried
> that something would show up at the final test.
> I can't even feel happy or excited yet, I'm too close to tears.
>
> Janet

*Excellent* news!!

Sounds like a good enough reason to throw a party :-)

I'm going back to see my oncologist/surgeon for the first time since
treatment..... which is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay overdue, but much for the same
reason as your worry. I've been shitting bricks that nothing worked and it
was a case of "I'll just let nature take it's course.".... but too many
friends and family are being affected (by not knowing) so I've finally
given in to the nagging/pleading. Had some more tests yesterday, which
knocked me around a fair bit, to the point I got home and was in bed and
asleep by 8pm..... which had the SO worried even more because she thought
something was *really* wrong..... I usually don't go to bed until well
after midnight.

But, once again...... *excellent* news for you :-)

--
Peter Lucas
Hobart

"As we weep for what we have lost, and as we grieve for family and friends
and we confront the challenge that is before us, I want us to remember who
we are.

We are Queenslanders.

We're the people that they breed tough, north of the border.

We're the ones that they knock down, and we get up again."
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 17, 12:58*pm, Janet Bostwick > wrote:
> It's been 5 years this month since I completed my radiation
> treatments. *My final CT scan came in clean and my doctor has
> discharged me. *I've been so scared about that last scan, I worried
> that something would show up at the final test.
> I can't even feel happy or excited yet, I'm too close to tears.
>
> Janet

What a wonderful milestone!! Many congratulations.

Kris
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 17 Mar 2011 20:00:26 GMT, "I'm back."

:

>> It's been 5 years this month since I completed my radiation
>> treatments. My final CT scan came in clean and my doctor has
>> discharged me. I've been so scared about that last scan, I worried
>> that something would show up at the final test.
>> I can't even feel happy or excited yet, I'm too close to tears.
>>
>> Janet
>>

>I'm going back to see my oncologist/surgeon for the first time since
>treatment..... which is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay overdue, but much for the same
>reason as your worry. I've been shitting bricks that nothing worked and it
>was a case of "I'll just let nature take it's course.".... but too many
>friends and family are being affected (by not knowing) so I've finally
>given in to the nagging/pleading. Had some more tests yesterday, which
>knocked me around a fair bit, to the point I got home and was in bed and
>asleep by 8pm..... which had the SO worried even more because she thought
>something was *really* wrong..... I usually don't go to bed until well
>after midnight.
>

>But, once again...... *excellent* news for you :-)

Please, please, please keep up with your return checks. My husband
never let go once until after the bad side effects were fixed. . .and
then I caught him crying. Worry about you is so hard on those around
you. I am a real chicken, but I decided that the follow ups were
just part of the war that I was trying to win. Good Luck and let us
know how your tests turn out.
Janet

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/17/2011 11:58 AM, Janet Bostwick wrote:
> It's been 5 years this month since I completed my radiation
> treatments. My final CT scan came in clean and my doctor has
> discharged me. I've been so scared about that last scan, I worried
> that something would show up at the final test.
> I can't even feel happy or excited yet, I'm too close to tears.
>
> Janet

Congratulations! I'm doing the happy dance for you!

My 5 years since radiation is in September, though the surgeon who
sliced me up told me in December that if he hasn't seen anything yet, he
considers me cured. Of course that was after I told him I'd be going to
MD Anderson for the final checkup in September. I think he just wanted
to "pronounce" me cured.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Mar 17, 4:47*pm, Janet Wilder > wrote:

> Congratulations! *I'm doing the happy dance for you!
>
> My 5 years since radiation is in September, though the surgeon who
> sliced me up told me in December that if he hasn't seen anything yet, he
> considers me cured. *Of course that was after I told him I'd be going to
> MD Anderson for the final checkup in September. *I think he just wanted
> to "pronounce" me cured.

You are way to ornery for cancer to beat you ! ;-)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 17 Mar 2011 19:23:14 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags
> wrote:

>On Mar 17, 4:47*pm, Janet Wilder > wrote:
>

>> Congratulations! *I'm doing the happy dance for you!
>>
>> My 5 years since radiation is in September, though the surgeon who
>> sliced me up told me in December that if he hasn't seen anything yet, he
>> considers me cured. *Of course that was after I told him I'd be going to
>> MD Anderson for the final checkup in September. *I think he just wanted
>> to "pronounce" me cured.

>You are way to ornery for cancer to beat you ! ;-)

Ornery, then I must be immune. I don't think cancer respects any
bounderies. The vet I go to says everyone dies of something. There
is nothing more heart wrenching than a vet's waiting room, almost
always there's some teary eyed soul saying their last goodbyes to a
most loving friend. Nothing prepares one for death more than those
who have pets. I only hope when it's my time I'm afforded the same
dignity. When someone is terminal and in pain medicine cannot prolong
their life, only their misery.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 17, 12:58*pm, Janet Bostwick > wrote:
> It's been 5 years this month since I completed my radiation
> treatments. *My final CT scan came in clean and my doctor has
> discharged me. *I've been so scared about that last scan, I worried
> that something would show up at the final test.
> I can't even feel happy or excited yet, I'm too close to tears.
>
> Janet

Congratulation! That is wonderful news. I had a recurrence in
December, (after just 16 months). The surgery was not successful but i
completed my 33 radiation treatments yesterday. Radiation was
accompanied by chemotherapy once a week.I was sicker from this course
of treatment than I was with the 5 months of chemotherapy I had 2
years ago with my first diagnosis. This was brutal.

I have a scan in about a month or so.... we'll find out then if it was
successful.
Congrats again and blessings for continued good health!!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 17, 12:29*pm, sf > wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Mar 2011 10:58:46 -0600, Janet Bostwick
>
> > wrote:
> > It's been 5 years this month since I completed my radiation
> > treatments. *My final CT scan came in clean and my doctor has
> > discharged me. *I've been so scared about that last scan, I worried
> > that something would show up at the final test.
> > I can't even feel happy or excited yet, I'm too close to tears.

> Congratulations, Janet! *I'm always glad to hear a cancer story with a
> happy ending.

Me too. It bodes well....

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Catmandy (Sheryl)" > wrote in message
> On Mar 17, 12:58 pm, Janet Bostwick > wrote:
>> It's been 5 years this month since I completed my radiation
>> treatments. My final CT scan came in clean and my doctor has
>> discharged me. I've been so scared about that last scan, I worried
>> that something would show up at the final test.
>> I can't even feel happy or excited yet, I'm too close to tears.
>>
>> Janet

> Congratulation! That is wonderful news. I had a recurrence in
> December, (after just 16 months). The surgery was not successful but i
> completed my 33 radiation treatments yesterday. Radiation was
> accompanied by chemotherapy once a week.I was sicker from this course
> of treatment than I was with the 5 months of chemotherapy I had 2
> years ago with my first diagnosis. This was brutal.
>
> I have a scan in about a month or so.... we'll find out then if it was
> successful.
> Congrats again and blessings for continued good health!!!

Good luck and blessings to you too Sheryl!!

https://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 17, 12:58*pm, Janet Bostwick > wrote:
> It's been 5 years this month since I completed my radiation
> treatments. *My final CT scan came in clean and my doctor has
> discharged me. *I've been so scared about that last scan, I worried
> that something would show up at the final test.
> I can't even feel happy or excited yet, I'm too close to tears.
>
> Janet

Way to go.Let the celebrations begin!!!
Nan in DE
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Janet Bostwick" > wrote in message
> It's been 5 years this month since I completed my radiation
> treatments. My final CT scan came in clean and my doctor has
> discharged me. I've been so scared about that last scan, I worried
> that something would show up at the final test.
> I can't even feel happy or excited yet, I'm too close to tears.
>
> Janet

Congratulations! It's great to get results like that. My father was a
two-time lymphoma survivor and underwent successful radiation and chemo
treatments. I'm glad to add you to the list of cancer survivors!

Jill

Experienced Member

I am so very happy you have passed it.

May the stress and difficulties of these past 5 years fade quickly
from memory.My SiL
has had liver cancer for more than two years now. She was taking an
experimental chemo that seemed to be working, but almost killed her, and
when it stopped reducing hte size of th tomor she opted to stop the
therapy She had a scan last month and there is no change in the size of
the tumour. Congratulations, Janet! I'm always glad to hear a cancer story with a
happy ending.I've been so scared about that last scan, I worried
that something would show up at the final test.
I can't even feel happy or excited yet, I'm too close to tears.
__________________
car MP3 Player

MP3 Player

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Janet Bostwick > wrote in
:

> On Thu, 17 Mar 2011 12:14:15 -0400, Dave Smith
> > wrote:
>
>>On 17/03/2011 12:58 PM, Janet Bostwick wrote:
>>> It's been 5 years this month since I completed my radiation
>>> treatments. My final CT scan came in clean and my doctor has
>>> discharged me. I've been so scared about that last scan, I worried
>>> that something would show up at the final test.
>>> I can't even feel happy or excited yet, I'm too close to tears.
>>>

>>Congratulations. You are one of the lucky ones who beat cancer. My SiL
>>has had liver cancer for more than two years now. She was taking an
>>experimental chemo that seemed to be working, but almost killed her, and
>>when it stopped reducing hte size of th tomor she opted to stop the
>>therapy She had a scan last month and there is no change in the size of
>>the tumour. He doctor told her that he is surprised that she is still
>>alive.

> I'm so sorry to hear about her health. She will be in my prayers for
> a miracle.
> Janet

I was given this by a friend....... and have been using it for about 5
months now.....

http://www.google.com.au/search?
hl=&q=maple+syrup+and+bicarb+soda&sourceid=navclie nt-ff&rlz=
1B3GGGL_enAU240AU240&ie=UTF-8&aq=0&oq=maple+syrup+and+bi

http://tinyurl.com/4shzthr

I'd rather try this than the damn chemicals they pump into you.

--
Peter Lucas
Hobart
Tasmania

"As we weep for what we have lost, and as we grieve for family and friends
and we confront the challenge that is before us, I want us to remember who
we are.

We are Queenslanders.

We're the people that they breed tough, north of the border.

We're the ones that they knock down, and we get up again."
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 17 Mar 2011 23:05:15 -0400, Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:

>On Thu, 17 Mar 2011 19:23:14 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags
> wrote:
>
>>On Mar 17, 4:47*pm, Janet Wilder > wrote:
>>

>>> Congratulations! *I'm doing the happy dance for you!
>>>
>>> My 5 years since radiation is in September, though the surgeon who
>>> sliced me up told me in December that if he hasn't seen anything yet, he
>>> considers me cured. *Of course that was after I told him I'd be going to
>>> MD Anderson for the final checkup in September. *I think he just wanted
>>> to "pronounce" me cured.

>>You are way to ornery for cancer to beat you ! ;-)

>Ornery, then I must be immune. I don't think cancer respects any
>bounderies. The vet I go to says everyone dies of something. There
>is nothing more heart wrenching than a vet's waiting room, almost
>always there's some teary eyed soul saying their last goodbyes to a
>most loving friend. Nothing prepares one for death more than those
>who have pets. I only hope when it's my time I'm afforded the same
>dignity. When someone is terminal and in pain medicine cannot prolong
>their life, only their misery.

When I came home from my first surgery, we were worried that our dog
would be too rough for me. At that time, he was still a rambunctious
2 year old. (jumping up on people, barking loudly, dashing around) As
my husband helped me through the front door we were braced. It wasn't
needed. Baxter was calm and quiet, stayed on the floor. My husband
helped me into the bed and the dog jumped up on the bed. My husband
wanted to make sure that Baxter didn't bump me and he leaned forward
to help the dog. Baxter gave a little growl and proceeded to circle
his body very carefully and quietly and then laid down very close to
me but not touching. Baxter stayed in bed with me, never leaving me,
for 5 days, only leaving for necessary outdoor business. I have been
very ill for the last 5 years due to misdiagnosis of problems made by
radiation. I've spent most of that time in bed. Baxter has always
been with me. He's been taking care of me. For me, he is the most
special dog I have ever lived with.
Janet
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 17 Mar 2011 21:05:16 -0700 (PDT), "Catmandy (Sheryl)"
> wrote:

>On Mar 17, 12:58*pm, Janet Bostwick > wrote:
>> It's been 5 years this month since I completed my radiation
>> treatments. *My final CT scan came in clean and my doctor has
>> discharged me. *I've been so scared about that last scan, I worried
>> that something would show up at the final test.
>> I can't even feel happy or excited yet, I'm too close to tears.
>>
>> Janet

>Congratulation! That is wonderful news. I had a recurrence in
>December, (after just 16 months). The surgery was not successful but i
>completed my 33 radiation treatments yesterday. Radiation was
>accompanied by chemotherapy once a week.I was sicker from this course
>of treatment than I was with the 5 months of chemotherapy I had 2
>years ago with my first diagnosis. This was brutal.
>
>I have a scan in about a month or so.... we'll find out then if it was
>successful.
>Congrats again and blessings for continued good health!!!

Oh, Sheryl, I'm sorry that you have been given this extra challenge.
Radiation and chemo together must be hard. You will be in my thoughts
and prayers for complete recovery. Keep positive thoughts.
Janet
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 17 Mar 2011 12:12:08 -0400, Boron Elgar
> wrote:

>On Thu, 17 Mar 2011 10:58:46 -0600, Janet Bostwick
> wrote:
>
>>It's been 5 years this month since I completed my radiation
>>treatments. My final CT scan came in clean and my doctor has
>>discharged me. I've been so scared about that last scan, I worried
>>that something would show up at the final test.
>>I can't even feel happy or excited yet, I'm too close to tears.
>>
>>Janet

>This is a major milestone. I am so very happy you have passed it.
>
>May the stress and difficulties of these past 5 years fade quickly
>from memory.
>
>Much love to you, Janet,
>
>Gloria

Thank you, Gloria. You've been good moral support over the last 5
years.
Janet
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 17 Mar 2011 12:14:15 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 17/03/2011 12:58 PM, Janet Bostwick wrote:
>> It's been 5 years this month since I completed my radiation
>> treatments. My final CT scan came in clean and my doctor has
>> discharged me. I've been so scared about that last scan, I worried
>> that something would show up at the final test.
>> I can't even feel happy or excited yet, I'm too close to tears.
>>

>Congratulations. You are one of the lucky ones who beat cancer. My SiL
>has had liver cancer for more than two years now. She was taking an
>experimental chemo that seemed to be working, but almost killed her, and
>when it stopped reducing hte size of th tomor she opted to stop the
>therapy She had a scan last month and there is no change in the size of
>the tumour. He doctor told her that he is surprised that she is still alive.

I'm so sorry to hear about her health. She will be in my prayers for
a miracle.
Janet

100 years ago MisterDiddyWahDiddy General Cooking 74 28-01-2016 04:45 PM
New Years Eve [email protected] General Cooking 0 01-01-2007 12:00 AM
New Years Eve pfoley General Cooking 0 31-12-2006 04:20 PM
New Years Eve jmcquown General Cooking 1 31-12-2006 03:55 PM
New Years Eve kilikini General Cooking 0 31-12-2006 03:50 PM