Posted to uk.food+drink.misc,alt.sports.hockey.nhl.ott-senators,rec.food.cooking

Default Looting In Japan 79% theft

On Mar 16, 7:33*pm, Gypsy > wrote:
> On Mar 16, 4:28*pm, Transition Zone > wrote:> Theft in Japan is 79% of crimes there.
> > (year 2001 stats)

> > --http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/2490993.stm

> Tuesday, 19 November, 2002, 09:50 GMT
>
> Try something less desperate and more up to date.

Ha. That's easy. He

Slate magazine. March 16, 2011 6:24PM (17 hours ago) "police enforce
small crimes like petty theft, which contributes to an overall sense
of security and order"
-- by Christopher Beam
-- http://www.slate.com/id/2288514/
Posted to uk.food+drink.misc,alt.sports.hockey.nhl.ott-senators,rec.food.cooking

In article <ebdfbb34-cf97-4e2a-93b1-
>, says...
> On Mar 16, 7:33*pm, Gypsy > wrote:
> > On Mar 16, 4:28*pm, Transition Zone > wrote:> Theft in Japan is 79% of crimes there.
> > > (year 2001 stats)

> > > --http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/2490993.stm

> > Tuesday, 19 November, 2002, 09:50 GMT
> >
> > Try something less desperate and more up to date.

> Ha. That's easy. He
>
> Slate magazine. March 16, 2011 6:24PM (17 hours ago) "police enforce
> small crimes like petty theft, which contributes to an overall sense
> of security and order"
> -- by Christopher Beam
> --
http://www.slate.com/id/2288514/

Cory Clouston has seen the best of what Marek Svatos can deliver.

Perhaps nobody in Ottawa Senators colours, then, is better equipped to
judge the offensive struggles the Slovak winger has been enduring since
being claimed off waivers from the Nashville Predators last month. Since
then, Svatos has yet to record a point in 10 games, a clear source of
frustration for a guy used to finding the back of the net.

"I'm getting some opportunities every night and some chances I don't
want to miss, but I (haven't been) able to put the puck in the net,"
Svatos said in advance of tonight's matchup with the New Jersey Devils
at Scotiabank Place (7:30 p.m., Sportsnet East, Team 1200). "It's been a
mental game for me, so I've got to be a little more loose and bury the
chances that I'm getting "

Clouston surely knows he's got the scorer's touch. During two years
behind the bench with the Western Hockey League's Kootenay Ice, he
watched Svatos rack up 61 goals. When the Senators grabbed him off the
waiver wire, Clouston lauded that nose for the net, saying "I don't
think I've ever coached a guy who liked to score more. He absolutely
just loves to score."

All of which makes it obvious to Clouston that Svatos, who produced 32
goals in 61 games for the Colorado Avalanche as a rookie in 2005-06 and
followed it up with three more seasons of double-digit production, isn't
his usual self.

"He's not scoring and he's putting a little bit of pressure on
himself," said Clouston. "I've seen him at a younger age but I've also
seen him at this level be a very good goal scorer. But right now, he's
squeezing the stick. He has two or three chances a game and he just
hasn't pulled the trigger. He's missed the net a couple of times, he's
fanned on shots and a couple times, he hasn't gotten the quality shot
that he would like to (have)."

Clouston added the Senators winger "isn't 100 per cent healthy now," but
Svatos won't use that as an excuse for a his lack of production.

"When it comes to finding myself with a chance, it's not the injuries
(preventing it)," he said. "It comes down to skill and me finding a
little bit of a break. Hopefully, the puck will find the back of the net
.... Part of it is confidence. I'm getting the chances, but it's
frustrating that they're not going in. Every player (at some point)
loses their confidence and it's a tough thing to get back."

Svatos acknowledges his career is at stake at the moment. He started the
season with Avangard Omsk of the Kontinental Hockey League before the
St. Louis Blues offered him a contract just before Christmas. The
Predators snared him off National Hockey League re-entry waivers and he
produced a goal and two assists in nine games in the Music City before
the Senators brought him on board.

"I'm under a little bit of pressure," he said. "When I came here, I
wanted to do my best to show everybody that I can still play in this
league. And I'm still trying (to do that). I'm trying to work hard every
game and hopefully, the goals are going to come, too."

Meanwhile, the Senators are hoping to duplicate the same kind of effort
that led to a 2-1 victory last week in Newark, N.J. The Devils have lost
only three games in regulation since January in a remarkable run that
has pushed them to the edge of an Eastern Conference playoff berth.

"We want to play them the same way we played in New Jersey ? that's
probably the best way to beat them," said Senators centre Jason Spezza.
"You're not going to get a lot of chances and you have to capitalize on
your chances. We got a timely goal at the end of the game (last week)
and we hope to do the same again, just try to stick with them and score
a goal at the right time.

"It's good to know that we can beat them, but we know it's going to be
tough. We know their record (lately) and we know how well they've
played, even after we beat them. There's a lot of reason for us to be
ready tonight."

Label switching theft (was Chicken fat) blake murphy[_2_] General Cooking 0 30-04-2010 03:54 PM
More web theft of AFW content Mark Lipton[_1_] Wine 36 27-07-2008 09:59 PM
Olive oil theft by Mafia LucasG General Cooking 86 20-05-2006 02:25 PM
Identity Theft limey General Cooking 1 13-01-2006 12:52 AM
Looting or Finding Stark General Cooking 5 10-09-2005 01:16 PM