Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Oxo portion scoops

Anyone have one (or more)? Does the word Oxo appear anywhere on it?
Where? (Stop laughing!)
--
Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Holy Order of the Sacred Sisters of St. Pectina of Jella
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Melba's Jammin' > wrote:

>Anyone have one (or more)? Does the word Oxo appear anywhere on it?
>Where? (Stop laughing!)

What's a "portion scoop"?

Steve
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
(Steve Pope) wrote:

> Melba's Jammin' > wrote:
>
> >Anyone have one (or more)? Does the word Oxo appear anywhere on it?
> >Where? (Stop laughing!)

> What's a "portion scoop"?
>

> Steve

Like an ice cream scoop -- spring-loaded. They come in different sizes.
This TinyURL shows a picture of a Norpro scoop -
http://tinyurl.com/6ddttjv
--
Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Holy Order of the Sacred Sisters of St. Pectina of Jella
"Always in a jam, never in a stew; sometimes in a pickle."
Pepparkakor particulars posted 11-29-2010;
http://web.me.com/barbschaller
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 15 Mar 2011 19:25:11 -0500, Melba's Jammin'
> wrote:

>Anyone have one (or more)? Does the word Oxo appear anywhere on it?
>Where? (Stop laughing!)

Yes-- On the black part of the handle near the end farthest from the
scoop. In *tiny* letters molded into the plastic.

What they don't have is a size indicator, which would be handy when
referencing them in a recipe. --- Whoa!!!

They do to have that-- and the Oxo name, again. On the piece that
clears the scoop out. My medium one says "Oxo 40 (1 1/2T)" on that
little piece of metal.

Thanks for making me look at it-- I've been cursing them since
Christmas for not being marked.<g>

Jim
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Melba's Jammin' > wrote:

> (Steve Pope) wrote:

>> What's a "portion scoop"?

>Like an ice cream scoop -- spring-loaded. They come in different sizes.
>This TinyURL shows a picture of a Norpro scoop -

http://tinyurl.com/6ddttjv

Thanks. Must say I have never seen one of these used. Seems like
a food service sort of item.

Steve

Posted to rec.food.cooking

it is, used mostly in cafeterias but also in some resturants where employees
aren't consistent, Lee
"Steve Pope" > wrote in message
> Melba's Jammin' > wrote:
>
>> (Steve Pope) wrote:

>>> What's a "portion scoop"?

>>Like an ice cream scoop -- spring-loaded. They come in different sizes.
>>This TinyURL shows a picture of a Norpro scoop -

http://tinyurl.com/6ddttjv

> Thanks. Must say I have never seen one of these used. Seems like
> a food service sort of item.
>

> Steve

Posted to rec.food.cooking

(Steve Pope) wrote:

>>> What's a "portion scoop"?

>>Like an ice cream scoop -- spring-loaded. They come in different sizes.
>>This TinyURL shows a picture of a Norpro scoop -

http://tinyurl.com/6ddttjv

>Thanks. Must say I have never seen one of these used. Seems like
>a food service sort of item.

I've only had mine for a few months. I find it a lot easier to get
consistently sized cookies with them. I use the small one for my
buckeyes to start out with a bit of a ball shape.

Jim
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Jim Elbrecht > wrote:

> On Tue, 15 Mar 2011 19:25:11 -0500, Melba's Jammin'
> > wrote:
>
> >Anyone have one (or more)? Does the word Oxo appear anywhere on it?
> >Where? (Stop laughing!)

> Yes-- On the black part of the handle near the end farthest from the
> scoop. In *tiny* letters molded into the plastic.
>
> What they don't have is a size indicator, which would be handy when
> referencing them in a recipe. --- Whoa!!!
>
> They do to have that-- and the Oxo name, again. On the piece that
> clears the scoop out. My medium one says "Oxo 40 (1 1/2T)" on that
> little piece of metal.
>
> Thanks for making me look at it-- I've been cursing them since
> Christmas for not being marked.<g>
>
> Jim

Jim, thank you very much. I have a #100 scoop. Any I have seen online
like mine (with black rubbery-like grips) are Oxo, but mine has no Oxo
markings on it anywhere. BTW, it's typical for them to carry the
portion size on the sweeper. I knew that part. :-). Heckuva it is I
don't remember where I bought the danged thing. I think I want a larger
one but wonder if the Oxo medium size is too big. Thanks again; that
was very helpful.

--
Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Holy Order of the Sacred Sisters of St. Pectina of Jella
"Always in a jam, never in a stew; sometimes in a pickle."
Pepparkakor particulars posted 11-29-2010;
http://web.me.com/barbschaller
Posted to rec.food.cooking

(Steve Pope) wrote:

> >> What's a "portion scoop"?

> >Like an ice cream scoop -- spring-loaded. They come in different sizes.
> >This TinyURL shows a picture of a Norpro scoop -

http://tinyurl.com/6ddttjv

> Thanks. Must say I have never seen one of these used. Seems like
> a food service sort of item.
>

> Steve

I used it when I made my Oreo "Truffles" at Christmas and last week when
I made gingersnaps and cc cookies. It's slicker'n snot! It makes a 2-
or 3-bite cookie and is quicker and more uniform than using two
teaspoons as was my wont. When La Kid was here a few weeks ago, she did
nicely scooping pb cookie dought, too.

--
Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Holy Order of the Sacred Sisters of St. Pectina of Jella
"Always in a jam, never in a stew; sometimes in a pickle."
Pepparkakor particulars posted 11-29-2010;
http://web.me.com/barbschaller
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Mar 15, 6:40*pm, Melba's Jammin' >
wrote:

*I think I want a larger
> one but wonder if the Oxo medium size is too big. * *Thanks again; that
> was very helpful.

Barb, go to a Cash & Carry or Smart & Final or whatever restaurant
supply store is in your area.
They have portion scoops (dishers) in every size you could possibly
want.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 15 Mar 2011 18:49:46 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags
> wrote:

>On Mar 15, 6:40*pm, Melba's Jammin' >
>wrote:
>
> *I think I want a larger
>> one but wonder if the Oxo medium size is too big. * *Thanks again; that
>> was very helpful.

>Barb, go to a Cash & Carry or Smart & Final or whatever restaurant
>supply store is in your area.
>They have portion scoops (dishers) in every size you could possibly
>want.

That's exactly what I was going to recommend. Cash & Carry must have
a dozen sizes.
Janet
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 15 Mar 2011 21:38:14 -0400, Jim Elbrecht >
wrote:

> I've only had mine for a few months. I find it a lot easier to get
> consistently sized cookies with them. I use the small one for my
> buckeyes to start out with a bit of a ball shape.

I only have the small size. I use it for cookies and meat-a-balls.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 15 Mar 2011 20:50:57 -0400, Jim Elbrecht >
wrote:

> On Tue, 15 Mar 2011 19:25:11 -0500, Melba's Jammin'
> > wrote:
>
> >Anyone have one (or more)? Does the word Oxo appear anywhere on it?
> >Where? (Stop laughing!)

> Yes-- On the black part of the handle near the end farthest from the
> scoop. In *tiny* letters molded into the plastic.
>
> What they don't have is a size indicator, which would be handy when
> referencing them in a recipe. --- Whoa!!!
>
> They do to have that-- and the Oxo name, again. On the piece that
> clears the scoop out. My medium one says "Oxo 40 (1 1/2T)" on that
> little piece of metal.
>
> Thanks for making me look at it-- I've been cursing them since
> Christmas for not being marked.<g>

Why does it matter if it says Oxo or not?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Melba's Jammin' wrote:

> In article >,
> Jim Elbrecht > wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 15 Mar 2011 19:25:11 -0500, Melba's Jammin'
> > > wrote:
> >
> > >Anyone have one (or more)? Does the word Oxo appear anywhere on it?
> > >Where? (Stop laughing!)

> > Yes-- On the black part of the handle near the end farthest from the
> > scoop. In *tiny* letters molded into the plastic.
> >
> > What they don't have is a size indicator, which would be handy when
> > referencing them in a recipe. --- Whoa!!!
> >
> > They do to have that-- and the Oxo name, again. On the piece that
> > clears the scoop out. My medium one says "Oxo 40 (1 1/2T)" on that
> > little piece of metal.
> >
> > Thanks for making me look at it-- I've been cursing them since
> > Christmas for not being marked.<g>
> >
> > Jim

> Jim, thank you very much. I have a #100 scoop. Any I have seen online
> like mine (with black rubbery-like grips) are Oxo, but mine has no Oxo
> markings on it anywhere. BTW, it's typical for them to carry the
> portion size on the sweeper. I knew that part. :-). Heckuva it is I
> don't remember where I bought the danged thing. I think I want a larger
> one but wonder if the Oxo medium size is too big. Thanks again; that
> was very helpful.

The commercial ones I've used (German made) have color coded handle caps
with the size info printed on them as well.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 15 Mar 2011 20:40:07 -0500, Melba's Jammin'
> wrote:

>In article >,
> Jim Elbrecht > wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 15 Mar 2011 19:25:11 -0500, Melba's Jammin'
>> > wrote:

-snip-
>Jim, thank you very much. I have a #100 scoop. Any I have seen online
>like mine (with black rubbery-like grips) are Oxo, but mine has no Oxo
>markings on it anywhere. BTW, it's typical for them to carry the
>portion size on the sweeper. I knew that part. :-).

Y'even knew what the part was called. Wa-a-ay ahead of me.

> Heckuva it is I
>don't remember where I bought the danged thing. I think I want a larger
>one but wonder if the Oxo medium size is too big. Thanks again; that
>was very helpful.

I don't see an Oxo 100 listed anywhere. My small is a 60 [2 tsp]. The
100 must be 1 tsp-- that *is* small.

I'm with you-- it sure makes keeping things the same size easy.

I can cut an 8' 2x4 in half by eye and come closer to even than I can
scoop 8 cookies on a sheet. [or balls of bread dough- where the scale
rescues me]

Jim

Experienced Member

Holy Order of the Sacred Sisters of St. Pectina of Jella
"Always in a jam, never in a stew; sometimes in a pickle."
Pepparkakor particulars posted 11-29-2010;and the Oxo name, again. On the piece that
clears the scoop out. My medium one says "Oxo 40 (1 1/2T)" on that
little piece of metal.also in some resturants where employees
aren't consistent, Lee .I use the small one for my
buckeyes to start out with a bit of a ball shape.
__________________
car MP3 Player

MP3 Player
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf > wrote:

>On Tue, 15 Mar 2011 20:50:57 -0400, Jim Elbrecht >
>wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 15 Mar 2011 19:25:11 -0500, Melba's Jammin'
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >Anyone have one (or more)? Does the word Oxo appear anywhere on it?
>> >Where? (Stop laughing!)

>> Yes-- On the black part of the handle near the end farthest from the
>> scoop. In *tiny* letters molded into the plastic.
>>
>> What they don't have is a size indicator, which would be handy when
>> referencing them in a recipe. --- Whoa!!!
>>
>> They do to have that-- and the Oxo name, again. On the piece that
>> clears the scoop out. My medium one says "Oxo 40 (1 1/2T)" on that
>> little piece of metal.
>>
>> Thanks for making me look at it-- I've been cursing them since
>> Christmas for not being marked.<g>
>>

>Why does it matter if it says Oxo or not?

I didn't care much if it said Oxo [maybe I would if I paid for the
name] but I didn't think they had the size, which makes life easier
when making notes or reading someone else's recipe.

I like the one Pete referred to that had color coded handles-- [and
for me, I'd like the numbers and volumes printed on them<g>]

Jim
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 15 Mar 2011 19:25:11 -0500, Melba's Jammin'
> wrote:

>Anyone have one (or more)? Does the word Oxo appear anywhere on it?
>Where? (Stop laughing!)

Don't have an OXO but found this neat page of information. According
to the page, the number designates the number of level scoops equal 1
quart. It also gives the capacity in cups and spoonfuls.

http://nfsmi.org/documentlibraryfile...1006054447.pdf
--
Susan N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 16 Mar 2011 08:05:47 -0400, Jim Elbrecht >
wrote:

> I like the one Pete referred to that had color coded handles-- [and
> for me, I'd like the numbers and volumes printed on them<g>]

Oh, okay. I'm not into colored handles and I can figure out volume by
sight.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 15, 8:17*pm, (Steve Pope) wrote:
> Melba's Jammin' > wrote:
>
> > (Steve Pope) wrote:
> >> What's a "portion scoop"?

> >Like an ice cream scoop -- spring-loaded. *They come in different sizes. *
> >This TinyURL shows a picture of a Norpro scoop -
> >http://tinyurl.com/6ddttjv

> Thanks. *Must say I have never seen one of these used. *Seems like
> a food service sort of item.
>
> Steve

They're pretty common in my world - I have a couple, one smallish and
one largish. I use the larger one for chocolate chip cookies, in
particular, and both for cookies of various recipes. I do know that
the "home interior" ones, or whatever that home-party sale thing is
called, is crap - my DIL's broke within 6 months, and she didn't use
it very often. They wouldn't replace it for her because she didn't
keep her original order.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> I used it when I made my Oreo "Truffles" at Christmas and last week when
> I made gingersnaps and cc cookies. *It's slicker'n snot! *It makes a 2-
> or 3-bite cookie and is quicker and more uniform than using two
> teaspoons as was my wont. *When La Kid was here a few weeks ago, she did
> nicely scooping pb cookie dought, too.
>
> --
> Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ

"Letting" the grandkids help with the cookie baking is one of the best
uses of portion scoops. My 7-year-old grandson will willingly do my
whole doubled chocolate chip cookie recipe for me. ;-)

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 16 Mar 2011 13:04:15 -0000 in rec.food.cooking, Janet
> wrote,
>In article >,
says...

>> Anyone have one (or more)? Does the word Oxo appear anywhere on it?
>> Where? (Stop laughing!)

> Portion of what? Truffles, caviar, mashed potato?

Yes.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Jim Elbrecht > wrote:

> sf > wrote:
> >Why does it matter if it says Oxo or not?

> I didn't care much if it said Oxo [maybe I would if I paid for the
> name] but I didn't think they had the size, which makes life easier
> when making notes or reading someone else's recipe.
>
> I like the one Pete referred to that had color coded handles-- [and
> for me, I'd like the numbers and volumes printed on them<g>]
>
> Jim

I was curious about the Oxo branding because that is the only one I've
seen that has the "lightly cushioned" squeezy grip. I like that feature
and am trying to find it in a size I want. I'm thinking I need to look
at some IRL to determine the size I want to look for. I can't decide if
the middle-size Oxo is too big or if it's just right. :-) Looks like
they make three sizes.

--
Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Holy Order of the Sacred Sisters of St. Pectina of Jella
"Always in a jam, never in a stew; sometimes in a pickle."
Pepparkakor particulars posted 11-29-2010;
http://web.me.com/barbschaller
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Jim Elbrecht > wrote:

> On Tue, 15 Mar 2011 20:40:07 -0500, Melba's Jammin'
> > wrote:
>
> >In article >,
> > Jim Elbrecht > wrote:
> >
> >> On Tue, 15 Mar 2011 19:25:11 -0500, Melba's Jammin'

> -snip-
> >Jim, thank you very much. I have a #100 scoop. Any I have seen online
> >like mine (with black rubbery-like grips) are Oxo, but mine has no Oxo
> >markings on it anywhere. BTW, it's typical for them to carry the
> >portion size on the sweeper. I knew that part. :-).

> Y'even knew what the part was called. Wa-a-ay ahead of me.

Only because I've been researching, so don't feel bad. (It took me a
while before I noticed the size on the sweeper.)

> > Heckuva it is I
> >don't remember where I bought the danged thing. I think I want a
> >larger one but wonder if the Oxo medium size is too big. Thanks
> >again; that was very helpful.

> I don't see an Oxo 100 listed anywhere. My small is a 60 [2 tsp]. The
> 100 must be 1 tsp-- that *is* small.

It is, but, oddly enough, it's a reasonably-sized cookie, IMO. Maybe
2-3 bites. I just posted some pictures he
http://gallery.me.com/barbschaller#100441 Note that the ball-type
cookies (pb & the gingersnaps) are not perfectly round as they would be
if I'd rolled them by hand but they baked quite satisfactorily. I'm a
believer.

> I'm with you-- it sure makes keeping things the same size easy.

I believe it was a lot fast than the way I used to do it with two
teaspoons, one scoop the dough from the bowl and the other to push the
dough from the spoon onto the baking sheet.

> I can cut an 8' 2x4 in half by eye and come closer to even than I can
> scoop 8 cookies on a sheet. [or balls of bread dough- where the scale
> rescues me]

:-) I use a scale for weighing loaves, too.

--
Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Holy Order of the Sacred Sisters of St. Pectina of Jella
"Always in a jam, never in a stew; sometimes in a pickle."
Pepparkakor particulars posted 11-29-2010;
http://web.me.com/barbschaller

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 16 Mar 2011 12:51:46 -0500, Melba's Jammin'
> wrote:

>In article >,
> Jim Elbrecht > wrote:
>
>> sf > wrote:
>> >Why does it matter if it says Oxo or not?

>> I didn't care much if it said Oxo [maybe I would if I paid for the
>> name] but I didn't think they had the size, which makes life easier
>> when making notes or reading someone else's recipe.
>>
>> I like the one Pete referred to that had color coded handles-- [and
>> for me, I'd like the numbers and volumes printed on them<g>]
>>
>> Jim

>I was curious about the Oxo branding because that is the only one I've
>seen that has the "lightly cushioned" squeezy grip. I like that feature
>and am trying to find it in a size I want. I'm thinking I need to look
>at some IRL to determine the size I want to look for. I can't decide if
>the middle-size Oxo is too big or if it's just right. :-) Looks like
>they make three sizes.

Papa bear, mama bear, and baby bear...
get all three sizes, Goldilocks!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 16 Mar 2011 06:57:03 -0400, Jim Elbrecht >
wrote:

> I don't see an Oxo 100 listed anywhere. My small is a 60 [2 tsp]. The
> 100 must be 1 tsp-- that *is* small.

Well, I'll be doggone! Just looked at mine and it says 70 on the
"sweeper".

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Oxo portion scoops - Didn't get an Oxo but did get. . .

In article >,
Melba's Jammin' > wrote:

> Anyone have one (or more)? Does the word Oxo appear anywhere on it?
> Where? (Stop laughing!)

.. . . a #60 from a restaurant supply place on the other side of town.
And an 8-quart Cambro container for flour. With a cover. And a sugar
dispenser because Someone broke the lid on my sugar bowl. And a couple
11" spreader/spatulas. All for about $28. The scoop was $10. No
cushioned squeezy grip, though. We'll see how it goes.

--
Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Holy Order of the Sacred Sisters of St. Pectina of Jella
"Always in a jam, never in a stew; sometimes in a pickle."
Pepparkakor particulars posted 11-29-2010;
http://web.me.com/barbschaller
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:

> On Wed, 16 Mar 2011 12:51:46 -0500, Melba's Jammin'
> > wrote:
> >I was curious about the Oxo branding because that is the only one I've
> >seen that has the "lightly cushioned" squeezy grip. I like that feature
> >and am trying to find it in a size I want. I'm thinking I need to look
> >at some IRL to determine the size I want to look for. I can't decide if
> >the middle-size Oxo is too big or if it's just right. :-) Looks like
> >they make three sizes.

> Papa bear, mama bear, and baby bear...
> get all three sizes, Goldilocks!

Nah, I don't have a need for papa bear size. I don't like to make
monster cookies and I don't make muffins often enough to warrant the
cost and storage room in my already-crowded drawers.

--
Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Holy Order of the Sacred Sisters of St. Pectina of Jella
"Always in a jam, never in a stew; sometimes in a pickle."
Pepparkakor particulars posted 11-29-2010;
http://web.me.com/barbschaller
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Janet Bostwick > wrote:

> On Tue, 15 Mar 2011 18:49:46 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags
> > wrote:
>
> >On Mar 15, 6:40*pm, Melba's Jammin' >
> >wrote:
> >
> > *I think I want a larger
> >> one but wonder if the Oxo medium size is too big. * *Thanks again;
> >> that was very helpful.

> >Barb, go to a Cash & Carry or Smart & Final or whatever restaurant
> >supply store is in your area. They have portion scoops (dishers) in
> >every size you could possibly want.
> >

> That's exactly what I was going to recommend. Cash & Carry must have
> a dozen sizes.

> Janet

Thanks, Sitara and Janet. C&C is western states only, but I did find
another restaurant supply place within a reasonable distance and an easy
drive. The price was reasonable enough, too, at $10.
--
Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
March 17, 1968: Rest in peace Mary, Ivan, and Shirley Ann. Your deaths

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 17 Mar 2011 11:20:50 -0500, Melba's Jammin'
> wrote:

>In article >,
> Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 16 Mar 2011 12:51:46 -0500, Melba's Jammin'
>> > wrote:
>> >I was curious about the Oxo branding because that is the only one I've
>> >seen that has the "lightly cushioned" squeezy grip. I like that feature
>> >and am trying to find it in a size I want. I'm thinking I need to look
>> >at some IRL to determine the size I want to look for. I can't decide if
>> >the middle-size Oxo is too big or if it's just right. :-) Looks like
>> >they make three sizes.

>> Papa bear, mama bear, and baby bear...
>> get all three sizes, Goldilocks!

>Nah, I don't have a need for papa bear size. I don't like to make
>monster cookies and I don't make muffins often enough to warrant the
>cost and storage room in my already-crowded drawers.

I don't have even one of those kind of scoops... I use my hands to
scale, batters, doughs, fillings, etc... no muss, no fuss.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Mar 17, 9:49*am, Melba's Jammin' >
wrote:

> Thanks, Sitara and Janet. *C&C is western states only, but I did find
> another restaurant supply place within a reasonable distance and an easy
> drive. *The price was reasonable enough, too, at $10.

If I'm going for good gadgets or even some cookware or glassware,
etc., I will always check the restaurant supply place first.
Half sheets, pizza pans, peels, knives, etc.etc.etc. They always
have a great selection and great prices and the quality is
institutional so it holds up.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 17 Mar 2011 11:18:41 -0500 in rec.food.cooking, Melba's
Jammin' > wrote,
>I can't prove it but am willing to go out on a limb and say that the
>number on the sweeper is the number of level portions to make a quart;

That's exactly right.
Size chart at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disher

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:

> On Thu, 17 Mar 2011 11:20:50 -0500, Melba's Jammin'
> > wrote:
>
> >In article >,
> > Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:
> >
> >> On Wed, 16 Mar 2011 12:51:46 -0500, Melba's Jammin'
> >>
> >> Papa bear, mama bear, and baby bear...
> >> get all three sizes, Goldilocks!

> >Nah, I don't have a need for papa bear size. I don't like to make
> >monster cookies and I don't make muffins often enough to warrant the
> >cost and storage room in my already-crowded drawers.

> I don't have even one of those kind of scoops... I use my hands to
> scale, batters, doughs, fillings, etc... no muss, no fuss.

Good on you! Pffttthhhhggbbtt!

--
Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Holy Order of the Sacred Sisters of St. Pectina of Jella
"Always in a jam, never in a stew; sometimes in a pickle."
Pepparkakor particulars posted 11-29-2010;
http://web.me.com/barbschaller
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Melba's Jammin' > wrote:
> . . . a #60 from a restaurant supply place on the other side of town.

And the #60 got me 62 chocolate chip cookies, each 2.75 to 3" diameter.
Nice. Easy. Tidy. The absence of a cushioned squeezy grip part was
not a problem.

--
Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Holy Order of the Sacred Sisters of St. Pectina of Jella
"Always in a jam, never in a stew; sometimes in a pickle."
Pepparkakor particulars posted 11-29-2010;
http://web.me.com/barbschaller

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Mar 22, 6:26*pm, Melba's Jammin' >
wrote:
> In article >,
> *Melba's Jammin' > wrote:
>
> > . . . a #60 from a restaurant supply place on the other side of town. *

> And the #60 got me 62 chocolate chip cookies, each 2.75 to 3" diameter. *
> Nice. *Easy. *Tidy. *The absence of a cushioned squeezy grip part was
> not a problem.
>
> --
> Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
> Holy Order of the Sacred Sisters of St. Pectina of Jella
> "Always in a jam, never in a stew; sometimes in a pickle."
> Pepparkakor particulars posted 11-29-2010;http://web.me.com/barbschaller

That's why we always used portion scoops for all our cookies.
Perfect even sizes every time. The absence of a squeezy grip part is
only a problem if you have arthritic hands or a weak grip. We had
several different sizes for many different uses. The 'professional'
ones wear like iron as well.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 22, 8:44*pm, ImStillMags > wrote:
> On Mar 22, 6:26*pm, Melba's Jammin' >
> wrote:
>
> > In article >,
> > *Melba's Jammin' > wrote:

> > > . . . a #60 from a restaurant supply place on the other side of town. *

> > And the #60 got me 62 chocolate chip cookies, each 2.75 to 3" diameter. *
> > Nice. *Easy. *Tidy. *The absence of a cushioned squeezy grip part was
> > not a problem.

> > --
> > Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
> > Holy Order of the Sacred Sisters of St. Pectina of Jella
> > "Always in a jam, never in a stew; sometimes in a pickle."
> > Pepparkakor particulars posted 11-29-2010;http://web.me.com/barbschaller

> That's why we always used portion scoops for all our cookies.
> Perfect even sizes every time. *The absence of a squeezy grip part is
> only a problem if you have arthritic hands or a weak grip. *We had
> several different sizes for many different uses. * *The 'professional'
> ones *wear like iron as well.

I got mine at a kitchen supply store at the mall (Kitchen Express) and
it has lasted like a champ - plus, I put it in the dishwasher, which
hasn't created any problems. I use mine all the time...no cushioned
grip, and I have mild arthritis in my hands from sewing (and using
scissors), but it hasn't been a problem using my scoops.

N.